Yehovah is the name of God, the immortal creator of the universe

>Yehovah is the name of God, the immortal creator of the universe
>He is spirit, therefore invisible
>He created a being to be His visible Image and audible Word, the perfect representative of all that it means to be God. Such a good representative that it is not robbery to call this being equal to God, this first born of creation
>Through this being everything else was created
>All was created in accordance with a predetermined plan that is to play out in 5 ages or "eons". In the absolute sense, there is no such thing as free will. We only appear to be free from our relative point of view
>God through his Image, who would later take on flesh and become the man Christ Jesus, created the heavens and the Earth
>The heavens are populated by a host of celestial beings of differing forms, ranks and purposes
>Among them is Satan, created to be the Adversary of God. Satan has authority over his own portion of the celestials (commonly known as "demons") who are forces of evil opposing God

Other urls found in this thread:

ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/?t=contra
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Biblical_scientific_errors
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If we have no freedom then why should I give a fuck about anything, especially hearing about this jackass named jehovah?

>Earth is populated by humans, created in the image of God to rule over the Earth
>Through the sin of one man, Adam, death entered into the world and as dying being, all men are sinners
>Thus there are beings in both the heavens and the Earth who need to be reconciled to God
>God sent his only son, his Word who became flesh, to die for the sins of the world so that all men are saved. Therefore in the same way that all mankind was subject to sin and death through the actions of one (Adam), all mankind is saved through the death and resurrection of one (Christ - the second Adam)
>All are saved, but not at the same time. Only a few were predetermined and elected to believe during this life time

>The elected ones form the body of Christ which shall be removed from the Earth at the rapture and taken to heaven. There God will use them to reconcile the evil celestial beings to himself and thus all the celestial, including Satan, will bow to God and worship him
>Meanwhile on Earth, the rest of mankind will be reconciled to God during the 1000 year kingdom where Christ reigns as KIng of the World from his throne in Jerusalem. The Jews were specially selected by God to be a nation and kingdom of priests to use to reconcile the rest of humanity to him during the thousand years
>Satan will attempt one last rebellion at the end of the 1000 years but be crushed and thrown into the lake of fire along with his followers, which is the second death
>The last enemy to be defeated will be death, which will be defeated by making all alive. Christ shall hand over power to the Father, and thus God will be All in All

That is all for now

Nice antichrist digits nigger. This story is nonsense and proves that god is just a bullshit artist. The "christ" called itself "the second man after adam". That means that he was cain because cain was the second after adam. That also means "the word" fucked eve and knocked her up. "the word" and eve are the sinners. Fuck the both of them.

Because from your point of view you have freedom and even the knowledge that you don't won't change how you perceive the world

Is that Darkseid? Why is Darkseid a babby?

The effects of a final crisis I believe. It's something post new 52 and then rebirth

Adam is the First Man in the he is representative of all mankind, therefore because of his sin we all sin and experience death. Christ is the Second Man in that he is the second representative of makind begotten directly of God (just as Adam was) therefore through his perfect life, faith in his Father, death and resurrection, all mankind will be resurrected and reconciled to God

DC has lost its mind.

Yeah that sounds about right. However, the majority of the rebirth comics I've read so far (being action comics, batman, WW, flash and supes) are very good so far. It's really impressive, they have a major story called Dark Knight Metal. You don't need to know much besides whos who. I'd check it out if you're into comics.

Haha. Okay so let's say God is the creator of the Universe. Where did God exist prior to the creation of the universe? Where did any of these "Celestials" come from? Is your answer "He created himself/He always existed"? Congratulations, you're in bed with the scientific community, who also agree the universe came from "nothing."

>All are saved, but not at the same time. Only a few were predetermined and elected to believe during this life time

What a load of rubbish. Cognitive dissonance at its finest. "He came to save everyone's soul but not everyone will believe because God has ordained it that way, but he totally wants to save your soul because he loves you!"

Christfags and Muzzies are cancer.

"Here's a rope to pull yourself out of that deep chasm that I intentionally tossed you into."
"Gee, thanks God."
God starts to yank the rope away.
"H-Hey, I thought you wanted to save me!"
"I do. I love you!"
God keeps yanking on the rope. Eventually little Timmy fell into the chasm.
"I totally wanted to save you because I loved you!"

Jesus, how fucking retarded do you have to be to legitimately believe this drivel?

To add, human beings are literally more compassionate than God. God totally loves you and wants to save you, but he won't if you're unworthy. Meanwhile, human beings are saving the lives of people they would probably rather not saving. Why? Because it's the right thing to do. I might not like Jaquan and his eight illegitimate babies from multiple mothers, but if I see the dude clinging for dear life I will save him.

Fuck God, and fuck Christian cancer.

So then why did John say the truth shall set you free? Was he just lying also or is it just more gibberish bullshit from the semite demon that all you clowns believe in?

>Where did God exist prior to the creation of the universe?

The was no "where" except for God. God was All in Himself. Creation itself is a manifestation of God's spirit. All is out of God, through God, and towards God.

>Where did any of these "Celestials" come from?

They were created by God

>Is your answer "He created himself/He always existed"? Congratulations, you're in bed with the scientific community, who also agree the universe came from "nothing."

The universe did not come from nothing, it came from God and is sustained by God. He did not create himself, he always existed and created the concept of "time" which itself had a begin. Since all humans have ever experienced is the dimension of time they struggle with the concept of something not having a beginning. "Science" agree that the universe and time had a beginning

>What a load of rubbish. Cognitive dissonance at its finest. "He came to save everyone's soul but not everyone will believe because God has ordained it that way, but he totally wants to save your soul because he loves you!"

All will be saved, but not all at the same time. How is this cognitive dissonance?

Reminder that religious belief shares a lot of similarities with stockholm syndrome.

This post is literally logical fallacies and cognitive dissonance, and the poster cannot see why.

Why did james ask jesus if they should call down fire on people? Calling down fire sounds like baal worshippers to me.

fuck off brainlet

Why did paul say that jews are liars and that you'll find "your own path to salvation"? Why did paul say what they believed was before judaism?

>"Here's a rope to pull yourself out of that deep chasm that I intentionally tossed you into."
>"Gee, thanks God."
>God starts to yank the rope away

Behold the mighty strawman. There is no one who can believe unless given the faith by God to believe. Those who do not believe have not been given faith. There is no "Timmy" that fits your strawman. You are either given the faith and believe, or are not and think the scriptures are lol Jewish fairytales XD

I doubt you could handle the reality that your religion is not the one the alleged "son of God" intended and is a bastardization created by a Roman agent named Saul to better control the rising cult of Jesus.

>God totally loves you and wants to save you, but he won't if you're unworthy.

There is none worthy of salvation. Salvation is by grace through faith. Not works. The works come after as a result of you being saved

That isn't a strawman though, you idiot. It's a literal example of Christian belief. I grew up in the American midwest in the aptly named Bible Belt. Where I live there is a church on every street corner (and hilariously a liquor store nearby every one.) I've been exposed to this bullshit since I was a child. God totally loves you and wants to save your soul from the "sin" of some guy who (supposedly) lived in a magical garden and will vehemently deny you if you do not live up to expectations. That is literal Christian dogma. Accept Christ or go to hell. Sounds like he really loves me. You know what unconditional love actually is, right? Christian "love" isn't love. It's fearmongering.

Yet faith without works is pointless. Your own religion is full of shitty plot holes and spelling errors.

I do not understand the question. How does John saying the truth shall set you free relate to the post?

>I do not understand the question. How does John saying the truth shall set you free relate to the post?

He's pointing out the blatant hypocrisy. There are many passages in the bible (written by God, according to you) which are false but represented as true. With that in mind, if the truth shall set you free, why do you cling to lies? Why is it that when a passage is read in the bible that directly contradicts another passage, Christfags make up excuses for it (cognitive dissonance [IT MUST BE TRUE AFTER ALL]) rather than accepting that the entire thing is a convoluted mess of bullshit?

>It's a literal example of Christian belief

I don't care about Christian belief, I care about what the scriptures say. You should too

The truth shall set you free from the book dummy. The book is bullshit and if you can't overcome that then you can't be freed from it. God is love and he who has love has god. The rest is just bullshit which christians hope to see come to pass as "prophesy". It's literally larping and the sinner who caused the problem was your god fucking eve and knocking her up. Your god creates trouble so he can "save" you from it. It's horseshit. By the way, "yahweh" is also called sabaoth. The book of Romans says lest sabaoth had left us a seed, we would be like sodom and as gomorrah. That seed is what UFOlogists call alien implants. The jerusalem above is a spaceship. Congratulations, you're part of a UFO cult.

1. We already live in the Kingdom.
2. There will be no rapture.

>I don't care about Christian belief, I care about what the scriptures say.

You obviously don't, or you'd know that the Christian "Hell" was taken directly from other religious concepts of a "shameful" after-life, not limited to Hades, Sheol, Hel, etc. and isn't actually represented in scripture. You'd also be keenly aware of that 144,000 figure and how you are most likely NOT included in that number.

You claim to care about scripture, but you seem to actually know very little about it and if you did, you would likely not care about it. Either way, you've proved you don't actually understand a damned thing about the religion you supposedly believe in, so kindly fuck off.

Nice argument

Nothing else was necessary. It's painfully obvious to anybody not involved in the legalized stockholm syndrome known as Christianity.

Sounds like James had a temper. Jesus told him not to. I think you're confusing the baal worshipers with Elijah

Why the animosity, brother?

Can you please quote that scripture. I'm unaware of it

Elijah was a baal worshipper. His god brought down fire which is supposed to confirm to you that the JEWS ARE THE PRIESTS OF BAAL!

Paul is the Apostle of the Gentiles chosen to spread the secret gospel that was kept secret from the beginning and first revealed to him directly through a revelation of Christ. Therefore his message does differ from Peter and the apostles of the Jews

How is that a plothole or contradictory to my statement?

dat cogdis doe

>He's pointing out the blatant hypocrisy. There are many passages in the bible (written by God, according to you) which are false but represented as true

CItation needed

Being this unaware of the religious text you claim to know all about.

ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/?t=contra

Five seconds in Google. You don't want to acknowledge inconsistencies, because it casts doubt upon your entire framework.

>1. We already live in the Kingdom.
Then what is the thousand year Kingdom spoken of in revelations where Christ shall rule the Earth from Jerusalem?

>2. There will be no rapture.
Then what is the snatching away spoken of by Paul in Thessalonians?

>You obviously don't, or you'd know that the Christian "Hell" was taken directly from other religious concepts of a "shameful" after-life, not limited to Hades, Sheol, Hel, etc. and isn't actually represented in scripture

You are correct

>You'd also be keenly aware of that 144,000 figure and how you are most likely NOT included in that number.

Correct again. I am not Jewish, I am a member of the body of Christ

>kindly fuck off

Why the animosity?

Are you trying to unify the body of christ?

>You are correct
>However I will still continue believing my fairy tale which is based off of things I know to be inconsistent

Literally cognitive dissonance.

>The mainstream Christian idea of hell is pagan
>I know this
>Believing what the scriptures actually say regarding death and judgement is somehow cognitive dissonance
>???

Your religion is obvious bullshit yet you continue to believe in it by ignoring any inconsistencies or falsehoods. That is the textbook definition of cognitive dissonance.

>Confusing saving one life to be on par with literally ending death.

Reading this makes me happy, thanks OP.

Now that is a strawman.

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Biblical_scientific_errors

>Written by God
>God doesn't even know how many legs the creatures he created have

>god is amateur game dev
>builds world
>creates player avatar
>creates enemy AI to battle him
>it turns out God sucks at his own game and probably set the difficulty too high; he can pull the plug or redesign it, but this playthrough is shot
>we're NPCs and achievement points for some divine NEET autist

is that about right?

You're welcome brother. The truth brings comfort

>it turns out God sucks at his own game and probably set the difficulty too high; he can pull the plug or redesign it, but this playthrough is shot

Thats where you're wrong. He doesnt suck at the game. What you perceive as flaws are all part of the plan

>142857050

>Truth

For it to be truth, you have to have solid, concrete proof that it is truthful. Otherwise, it is a falsehood, regardless of how much you might believe it to be true.

If I tell you that you have gained an unknown uncle's property in Latvia, but that you only have to send me 299.95 in "legal fees", would you accept it on faith alone? Yet when it falls into the territory of a deity and an afterlife, you dive head-first into it without first asking "where is the evidence?"

>Thats where you're wrong. He doesnt suck at the game. What you perceive as flaws are all part of the plan

What a wonderful catch-all. The old "God is infallible so obviously all this horrible stuff that happens to us is because he loves us and is all part of his plan!"

Right.