GamerGate

Why did GamerGate fail so hard as a movement? It showed so much promise in the early days, but than it all fell on it's face. What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lfhseUDFI04
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kike rats and their white lib pets felt threatened and went into propaganda overdrive

Sup Forums lacks follow through, simple as that

I'm not so sure if they achieved their goes, but they achieved to spread awareness against the left's control of the media and has functioned as the first coherent(ish) push back against them.

If not for them, Sup Forums would've been Sup Forums by now.

We happened
You're welcome

Fall of Gawker and the firing of Alexander did it in. Kind of like The Crow - the more enemies fell, the less power and energy it had.

It also didn't exactly die, it transformed. The NFL is potentially staring down the barrel held by the grown up descendant of GG.

Because it got confused with the Quinnspiracy

without any way to identify themselves,
anyone can self declare gamergate and falseflag as much as they could.
movement without a leader and identity is bound to fail

Lol it did not fail

quads checked.
truth spoken.
justice served.
/thread

Gawker media lost millions of dollars and the Hulkster finished them off. Pretty sure I'd chalk that up as a victory.

trump is president and you think gamergate didn't matter?

>Why did GamerGate fail so hard

people blame GG for trump being elected user, i call that a win

Because it ended up achieving a victory with the whole Gawker v Hogan thing (which Gawker themselves said GG cost them millions in ad revenue) that an overwhelming majority of people in GG believed it to be a good stopping point.

GG was being forced to fight the entire media apparatus because the Vidya journalists whined for the billion dollar news to back them up, so GG couldn't win. GG did however basically showed everyone that Vidya journalists were shit, to the point where if I remember less than 5% of gamers actually trust them. Also GG redpilled a lot of people on SJWs crap (mainly because SJWs would try and force people who didn't care aboutt Vidya to attack GG)

It went downhill when m00t banned gamergate from Sup Forums and reddit took over. That's when GG transitioned from GamerGate to GoodGoyim.

The hatred for the mainstream media bottled up, and despite 93% negative coverage from them, Trump won.

It was a battle we lost to win the war.

>The call that saved the internuts

It never really "failed," I think people just realized that gaming journalism was completely irrelevant and so a lot of people started to move onto more important issues, like the election, MSM and SJWism on campuses.

>Why did GamerGate fail so hard

It didn't. It elected Donald Trump as president. Battles and wars, friendo.

we moved on to electing presidents thanks for your concern

What a timeline to be alive , really user this is a bless

This. Then Sup Forums exposed the whole luggage lad thing and got rid of moot and here we are now.

It wasn't that GG lost the battle is that the media couldn't achieve a decisive enough victory to truly claim victory. It was a phyrric victory that resulted in the extremely rare total collapse of a media giant.
Like any phyrric victories, they were not ready for the battles that happened right after, and it resulted in them having to go overdrive on every single one. This made the media get less and less trusted, as even the most oblivious person was wonder why so many outlets were echoing the exact same story without any deviation. It then became a cascade of the media falling, all to the point we are now where they are forced to put up Donald Trump's tweets as front page news

>Made millions of unpoliticized youth to listen at us
>Revealed the SJW were created by Obama to destroy the occupy movement without having pics of violent cops on the internet

This thread, right now. Who could it be?

21 months for sexting with a 15 year old.

It fulfilled ti's purpose. Not everthing good needs to drag on forever.

>Fight corruptions in video journalism and what not.
>Never go after mega corporations that pay for reviews and what not.

It's probably because the so called activists acted like a bunch of screeching autists and no one really gives a fuck about the gaming press anyway.

Sup Forums got a lot of ad revenue taken off gawker actually

Gawker isn't Ubisoft.

People who were into Gamergate shit just lost interest in games and moved to Sup Forums to talk about politics.

Also this. After a while people began to realize that gaming journalism is not worth saving (mainly because assholes on YouTube can be more trusted) and just dropped the entire thing in order to more focus on fucking over the media in general. Right now gaming journalists are probably the least trusted force in any media, with people trusting gamestop employees on game reviews rather than game journalists

why would people go after game companies for this exact issue? do you even know what gamergate is? are you more than 7 years old?

I spend entirely too much time here and watched the initial threads drop nudes, doxx, twitter meltdowns, etc. After Day 3 where it was just being spammed to death and all the redditors were slowpoke.jpg and there was basically no other content, I was pissed. Ultimately it was a good thing because of what it led to, but I was not happy at the time. I guess I was shortsighted, but I don't think anybody at that point thought it was going to be anything but a Sup Forums sperg-out.

What do you mean failed? We proved that gamers are not meant to be messed with and that putting shitty anti white anti male messages into Muh Vidya will cause a reaction. It was proven that libtards have no actual control.
The best part was all the media attention it was given. Shining a light onto these cretins was what, in part, gave inertia to the right wing retaliation we see now.

NFLGATE is absolutely the next Gamergate. #wejustwantedtowatchsports

It started so fast and went so far because people who used to read video game journalism for their video games contents were fed large quantities of propaganda for too many years and wanted to understand what happened.

Once they understood, they stopped reading that press and moved to something else.

>implying it failed

OPERATION BOOM STICK

#Fansaredead

Mega corporations are the one paying journalist for good reviews, using fake screen shots to sells videos games. If you were serious about fighting the corruptions you go after them and not some feminist indie developers who slept around to win some dumb contest that didn't matter.

look at games being released in the past 3 years
it failed in every possible way

/thread

The journalists chose to take the bribes. It would be ethical to refuse the bribe.
(it actually was about ethics in video game journalism)

>he thinks its over

E-celebs and reddit

youtube.com/watch?v=lfhseUDFI04

It wouldn't surprise me if this continues for another week or so, if one of these clickbait trash sites writes something like that. Unironically too.

Because the media convinced everyone the movement failed

How did it fail when we got president Trump out of it who is openly waging war with lying media?

>GG
>Lost.

Last time I checked all major AAA western devs and game journolists got hit pretty hard and still haven't recovered, along with redpilling a ton of normies and weebs.

isnt gamergate just some screeching white feminist that got called a nigger in calladuty?

Normal working adults could care less about such a contrived issue that seemingly had no impact on their lives.
Gamergate is perhaps the most overhyped irrelevant "political event" of the 2010s.

To this day, most people do not know what "gamergate" is if you mention it to them.

who fucking took gaming journalism seriously before that was an idiot. I never have pre-ordered a game and never will

Irrelevant on its own but everything that came after it is another story. GG is what pushed the snowball down the hill.

GamerGate didn't fail. it worked exactly as it was intended to

check'd

Even when it was happening and to this day I still have no idea what Gamergate even is. I just assumed it was some irrelevant mess of feminists complaining about how women are portrayed in video games and never looked any further. Had absolutely 0 impact on 99% of people.

some people think it was the catalyst that caused a backlash against the political correctness movement

It wasn't an abject failure, this meme list and having the FTC revise a few things like its disclosure requirements for shady shit like unannounced affiliate links were some moderate victories

The bigger problem moving forward is that the sycophantic cabal of professional victims now has its talons in Google and Twitter, with the usual suspects assisting projects like Twitter's Trust & Safety Council

Nothing?

You fucking imbecile, you call a schism in ideology and the end of the left as the cool and edgy side and the beginning of the next new right ideologies taking place in the real world because of the result of more than 60 years of left degenerating into feminists whores getting in the way of videogames, the nihilistic way of entertaiment, and they got so mad that they actually turn themselves into assets of the new politics to come nothing?

Dude we were fucking 0 before. Now the switch its on and this fuckers caved their own grave. Your fucking grandchildren will have "memewar" and "gamergate" in their history books if jews dont escape this one.

made Leigh Alexander and Bob Chipman lose their jobs.
That's good enough for me.

I don't see how people see it that way. Political correctness in gaming has only gotten worse since Gamergate. They were complaining about Bayonetta and shit back then, now we have Andrometer and black lesbian POC as lead roles in every game. Assasins Creed: KANGZ etc. It's only gotten much more blatant, and common place. Gamergate was literally just people spamming twitter with a hashtag. No one outside of the community was affected / paid any attention. Gaming industry has still been infiltrated by jew advertisers.

The modern average gamer has double digit IQ.

yeah but look at the sales of those games. Andromeda isn't getting a sequel. I check to make sure a game is what it has promised way more than I used to but I think that goes back past GG. Lots of games are totally shit and the more media tries to sell them the more I think the game will be shit. Maybe I am just a cynic but never get caught up in hype

I didn't know either. I decided to read the Wikipedia page on it, but like the leftist-kike shills they are, Wikipedia did a good job of leaving a reader confused. A post on this thread, explained it all.
The significance of it all was that "the system" is at war with the White male, and refuses to allow him his own space, anywhere. When it dawned on him that he was being attacked and didn't even know it, the mentality of the gamer community shifted from naivete to war-footing. We still hear about it, daily because it was a watershed moment when a non Neo-nazi segment of the population realized how we are hated so much by the jews, they a have our genocide in progress, and the only rational response is to fight back.

I really wanted to just play my vidya but they just did not stop pushing
they do not stop Sup Forums, make them stop!
CULTURAL MARXISTS GET OUT OF MY VIDYA REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This. Too many people wanted to make a name from it, and hijacked the movement to enhance their own e-status.

>gamergate
>fail

Considering Internet Aristocrat LITERALLY began the chain of events that led to trumps election, I'm not sure you can call it a failure.

>stop watching twitch unless it's an e-sports even then don't watch it
>don't pre-order games
>don't listen to faggots on youtube

If you want to know what really killed gaming it was early access. Out of the 1000's of titles that followed that model, Minecraft was the only one to do it truthfully with actual intent to finish their game. Early access is a way for developers to get the meat of their profit 3 years early when their game has barely even started development just for them to conveniently run out of money / player interest a few months later.

White people got Trump elected, not video games.

>was early access
wrong, it was DLCs
when it was expansion packs it was ok, but Horse Armor marks the spot that vidya started going rotten

Your very OP is faulty. I succeeded. I don't understand how you could say it failed. Movements don't last forever.

yeah early access and kickstarter were ok to begin with. Then in come the scammers and jews and people who had a skeleton product. I paid for planetary annihilation and have never fucking played it because It was not what I wanted in the end. Satellite Reign I did the same, my name is in the credits but have not had the time to play it because of work. I paid for PUBG but I like that even though the ping is shit but i can get in a quick game. DayZ standalone I liked at the start but they kept fucking with it while claiming they were building a new engine. Test that shit on experimental and don't take 4 years to turn a mod into a game

Because movements for negative change have limited potential. Remove this, stop that, revert these things - it never gets anywhere. Same problem Sup Forums has, really.

If you want change you need to create solutions, progress and platforms for progression.

Gamerghazi shill post.

Gamergate was successful in exposing the morally bankrupt nepotism that pervades the games press.

It has widened it's scope.

The only people that think it failed are the people that call GamerGator's racist misogynists. IE people in denial.

Nah it wasn't DLC. I remember there being DLC on Street Fighter on fucking Dreamcast. Early access killed gaming within 3 years. We've had DLC for decades. And yeah that's the problem. Early access is a legitimized way to sell a product you have no intention of finishing. The amount of games I've payed for in Early Access that just die because of incompetent devs who can't keep a steady flow of content going. Devs need to realise, if you are going to do early access you need to stagger release of content to keep people active. If you do what DayZ did and release 1 patch a year, then like Dayz, your game will die.

At it's inception #GamerGate was a sum of talking points, succeeding in it's purpose. Later when people talking of said topics were dubbed as GamerGaters, 'Us vs. Them' mentality was fed to everyone to prolong the drama surrounding the discussions, and to kill it. Since the opposition to discussion insisted on mudding and controlling the narrative, including coming up with the idea that #GamerGate is a movement, the topics of discussions were meme'd to death so no one could control them. Rather than having every discussion center around someone's feelings and taking the morally higher ground, everything would be met with blinded hate from all sides. Better to stand divided than to play their games.

You also need to understand that "GamerGate" is not someone's life's work or highly funded DARPA project, but a single thread on Sup Forums by total stranger, that snowballed because it could. It cannot fail, as it's greatest success was to exist. Like no matter what happens, Donald Trump is the 45th president of USA.

>gg was a failure

GG was a massive success. It exposed a ton of media hypocrisy and collusion, completely neutered the agenda they were pushing, and continues to redpill people to this day. Some faggots keep making "muh feminism" and walking simulator games, but are forever crippled, as people no longer buy the fake hype bullshit.

Video game degeneracy is honestly more prevalent since Gamergate. I don't see how it can be viewed any other way. The SJW agenda is way more in our face than it was in 2014. How can you say it was even remotely a success? Gamergate was literally just a blip in the twitter trending section.

people tried to focus on journalism but the retards couldn't stop giving the roasties attention.
also once there was a journo push-back people collapsed and pussied out.

nice one medpack

DLC is shit and kickstarter is different to early access. I think they have all fuck with gaming though. DLC splinters the online community if multi player. Early access needs to have to refund your money if targets are not met. Kick starter need to refund money the same if they don't put out a game and if it is not what was promised. We need to make steam and kickstarter or any other company be held accountable for this bullshit so that they will not let people try and rip off people

>DLC on Street Fighter on fucking Dreamcast.
fuckin how?
I was not aware that Dreamcast had internet connection

Here we GOOOO

It's more blatant because GG made it visible for you. Imagine if it didn't happen and you were in this very moment eating all the shit they throw at your face with a big, progressive smile.

>DLC on Street Fighter on fucking Dreamcast.
fuckin how?
I was not aware that Dreamcast had internet connection
anyhow, I pirate all releases and only buy them if I deem them worthy according to my arbitrary FUN standards

>It exposed a ton of media hypocrisy and collusion
This is definitely true. It highlighted fake news before fake news became the term.

It was part of the larger network that controls the game industry, did a thread about it a while ago: archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/

>fail so hard as a movement
>the second biggest happening of the decade, after the 2016 election
>fail so hard as a movement

Sup Forums got a taste of (((them))) sperged out with plenty of ranting and REEEEEEE, then Sup Forums came to /po/ did not know Sup Forums was always right.
(((they))) successfully labeled GG and won. many GG'ers stayed lurking Sup Forums and realized Sup Forums was right, learned the was of the jew joined the ranks of fellow polacks and helped trump into office

For the grace, for the might of our Lord

fuck off Frank, go compile your autistic shamblings into a book and try to publish it

It ended

>"why did an incredibly small happening at an incredibly small indie event that noone gives a shit about not become something big?"
Gee I dunno.

Failed? It sparked the First Great Meme War which successfully got Trump elected and resulted in a worldwide pandemic of liberal asspain.

Are you even paying attention?

>why did a manchild movement fail?

so you honestly want me to believe the president of the strongest and most powerfull country in the world was elected because of a shitty indie game ? wew lad

Well you are unaware then. Street Fighter on Dreamcast had DLC that was on the disc and unlockable providing you purchased a certain version, and had a connection to the internet. The game was also online multiplayer. There was many other games on Dreamcast that came with DLC that required connection to the internet to unlock.

No it's more blatant because they've doubled down on it. Never before did we have black lesbian female roles in games.