I'm glad it seems that all across the Internet on both sides of the sea...

I'm glad it seems that all across the Internet on both sides of the sea, everybody has finally realized how shit this is after the last two episodes.

Seriously, it's like a complete 180 in opinion. It got too stupid for people to justify it

It's pretty bad.

>getting outsold by Re Zero

I dropped it long ago. Spoil me what happened that made people finally hate this.

Guy with questionable morals turned out to be just plain evil.
He led the zombies into a train station killing tons of innocents for the sake of 'liberating' them

I'm gonna watch it to the end but i can't say I'm gonna enjoy it much.

Can anyone ever write an apocalypse story and not 180 and make it that it was the humans who were the enemy all along? This shit is so fucking boring. Just stick to the original concept or don't even bother at all. Wit Studio hasn't made a single thing of worth. Fuck them.

The finale is about Mumei's onii-san who is a revenge hungry pretty boy that's been biding his time for 10 years since an incident in which the shogunate betrayed him. Despite his nihilistic views and somewhat self destructive gameplan since he doesn't really care what happens after his revenge is taken he still has managed to accumulate a healthy size of fanatics that follow him to their deaths knowing full well what future lies ahead of his victory. If they were all from his group 10 years ago, then that just makes you wonder how the hell so many of them have survived 10 years of fighting kabane on the frontlines. Even though he was on the way to the capital already to enact his grand revenge and could be allowed to pass through the town they were going through with light negotiation, he still decided to waste resources by starting the massacre in that random city.

Before the last two episodes the show was essentially a stupid action show. Attack on the Walking Dead on a Train War Z is a completely accurate description of it but it was just inoffensively stupid. The kind of show you watch every week for some action and try to see how the protags will get out of a bad situation.

Then they suddenly decided to have a plot and that's when it all went to hell. The bad guy is the most telegraphed evil person there is, they introduced a bunch of plot elements at once, as well as a whole new faction of characters and the powerlevels started going off.

Also, probably worst of all, the fanservice bait girl after spending 2/3 of the series being "strong independent little girl" and growing to have friends 180s because she can't get over main bad guy's cock and was basically a gullible idiot the whole time.

You forgot to say that he has pink hair and looks like a faggot straight out of Final Fantasy.

Humans being an enemy of themselves in an apocalypse isn't a bad story even if stale and overused, the issue is deciding to make that the main plot of your show after it has spun it wheels for over half the episodes it had.

Wait, people didnt see that coming?

Well in anime it's done terribly pretty much all the time so they should stop.

I think people just wished for their expectations to be betrayed and for something original to happen for once.

Close but they weren't going to let them through because they were aligned with the shogun so he wiped them out for that reason also because he needed to be extra evil or something

Everybody saw it coming, it was just fucking terrible. Every problem with this show after the last episodes have been because of that Biba fuck and their need to suddenly have a real plot

The guy he was negotiating with seemed more than happy to receive him, he believed him to have proven himself loyal for the 10 years of service.

So people are dissapointed now for something the was all along? Not even defending knk but it's retarded.

>>Then they suddenly decided to have a plot
1 cour shit usually works this way user.

>Also, probably worst of all, the fanservice bait girl after spending 2/3 of the series being "strong independent little girl" and growing to have friends 180s because she can't get over main bad guy's cock and was basically a gullible idiot the whole time.
Yeah, her current depiction is supposed to contrast the initial one, that's how twists work.

zombies started spewing energy beams and a guy riding a motorcycle managed to cut a steel cable holding a multi ton bridge in one swipe as seen in

Did you really want it to be survival slice of life all the way?

Not him but yes.

Should've remained "zombies on a steam train", with the protag group reaching the Shogunate to find it already being destroyed and then they just keep moving past it. The story dropped everything that gave it any appeal once vivalabiba came onto the scene.

Its sad because 1st ep was pretty epic

>Did you really want it to be survival slice of life all the way?
Uh yes I did. It was perfectly fine that way

>1 cour shit usually works this way user.
Which is exactly why they shouldn't have tried. They had a good thing going but then Okuchi went full Okuchi. This is exactly what I was afraid of. The show was basically going nowhere and I had a feeling they would try to pull an actual story out of their ass for the last third. What do you know, we got this shit.

Yes. The first 6 episodes were great.

Ya know, I'm not gonna say the show has gotten kind of dumb but I'm kind of tired of the constant "I TOLD YOU, IT WAS STUPID ALL ALONG, YOU WERE STUPID TO EVER EXPECT ANYTHING HAHAHAHA"

Like fuck, its like people aren't allowed to get hype for shows anymore without constant pessimism of how its going to suck or how its nowhere near as good as the hype.

Really makes talking about shows like these a chore since people just bandwagon on how much they hate it.

>The first 6 episodes were great.

I was fine with everything up till the kabane berserker, which was stupid, but that fucking laser cannon bullshit was absolutely retarded.

>not even defending knk

You definitely are, and you're not doing it well.
"That's the way it is" isn't a good argument.

>Like fuck, its like people aren't allowed to get hype for shows anymore without constant pessimism of how its going to suck or how its nowhere near as good as the hype.
Your fault for getting hyped for a show by the retards behind Guilty Crown, Attack on Titan and the writer of Valvrave

There were many warning signs that things were going to go off the rails and not in an entertaining way. It's not like I wanted it to happen but I waited to see if they would fuck it up

I seriously have to wonder why people thought that they should give Okuchi another shot? Was everybody just blinded by the first episodes? I bet if it was more popularized that "this was written by the same guy as Valvrave" the hype would be much less

So, trainwreck, am I right?

I liked Valvrave. S1 was genuinely entertaining. S2 noticeably suffered from the same symptom that killed Batman vs Superman, too much executive meddling.

>Ya know, I'm not gonna say the show has gotten kind of dumb but I'm kind of tired of the constant "I TOLD YOU, IT WAS STUPID ALL ALONG, YOU WERE STUPID TO EVER EXPECT ANYTHING HAHAHAHA"

>Like fuck, its like people aren't allowed to get hype for shows anymore without constant pessimism of how its going to suck or how its nowhere near as good as the hype.
I'd usually agree but this is not the case. This show has been unoriginal, simple and predictable for most of its run, so there's no reason to expect otherwise now. You'd be right if, say, the show hasnt yet begun or ep 1 just aired
>Really makes talking about shows like these a chore since people just bandwagon on how much they hate it.
I still like it for the visual design.

>Your fault for getting hyped for a show by the retards behind Guilty Crown, Attack on Titan and the writer of Valvrave
This. All the fucking signs were day since the first episode and you have nobody but yourself to blame since you weren't going in blind.
>Was everybody just blinded by the first episodes?
Judging from ANN and MAL? Yes. Ironically people's initial reaction was "let's see how long it'll take for WIT to fuck up while others were incredibly pessimistic about it given the writer's past works but casuals didn't care because MUH ATTACK ON TITAN now that the obvious has come about it seems that those people have egg all over their faces.

>I liked Valvrave.
>S1 was genuinely entertaining.

>You definitely are, and you're not doing it well.
I dont think " it was always bad" means "it's good".

>"That's the way it is" isn't a good argument.
Or maybe i'm not defending knk. Think about it.

For the last time no, this is not a trainwreck, neither is Mayoiga. Being disappointingly bad is not being a trainwreck.

>S1 was genuinely entertaining
You mean entertaining in a stupid way though right? Not entertaining because it was good?

Kabaneri's only decent episode was episode 2. All the other episodes have been shit.

I think Kabaneri is at Valvrave status of trainwreck at this point once the zombie lasers have come into the picture

Mayoiga is just stupid.

>Kabaneri's only decent episode was episode 2
That was shit. The only decent episode was episode 7

I told everyone in the first episode thread that the whole choking the virus out shit was beyond stupid and expect more crap like this to be pulled.

I was called a negative faggot and told to fuck off, look at what I have here with this now. I don't like saying I told you so but fuck it, I told you so

Yeah it was entertaining in a stupid way, but the plot was simple and barebones enough that it wasn't offensive. S2 had none of S1's charm and took itself too seriously.

>This is still going to be the top selling show of the season

I hate Aniplex

To be fair, the choking the virus/stimulating death to get rid of x has been done in movies and other anime before so I just took it as a cliche.

You never used a smug. Come on, gloat a little better the next time.

Fuck off faggot, no-one cares.

Macross?

Nope, Re Zero and Macross will outsell it.

Does this call for another stalker link?

>Re Zero
That's even worse

Re Zero is rising fast and could keep it's momentum

Macross comes out like an entire month after the season so it's pretty clear if it keeps it's current rate up, mathematically it will get above Kabaneri

agreed, it cannot even compare to how great attack on titan was

> Worse.
No, Macross is. The original Macross was a lot better. Plus the mechas are cgi so it sucks.

>that things were going to go off the rails
Good one.

Uh, this was supposed to be about Kabaneri. There's probably some Stalker thread you can do this in

>attack on titan
>muh MC deux ex machina powerup out of nowhere
It definitely had its problems and bullshit moments too.

Its not that I never thought the show wasn't going to go off rails, but rather the self-righteous attitudes that have been displayed because of it.

I still like it too, and I understand that the production team have a shady history, but I never watched Valvrave or Guilty Crown so I'm sorry I couldn't get on the hate train like everyone else.

Ikoma went from badass to a moralfag who can build shit.

He is just as bad as Eren but with a better voice.

Kabaneri is dropping fast.

That could've easily been Kabaneri strength or kabane steel folded 1000 times.

Ever since Biba came in its gone to horse shit, He's even dragging Mumei's the only good thing about Kabaneri character down too.

For comparison.

Who gives a shit, it's a goddamn knife

Actually everything about that ninja character is dumb. Literally *teleports behind you* the character

That man isn't a confirmed kabaneri, nor does his sword have the red lines from kabane steel folded 1000 times.

Eren couldn't build shit or do anything good unless he had his titan mode. And even then he fucked up a lot against the Female Titan.

I think the nips are realizing the bullshit, and I thought they really had shit taste. It's probably only going to go down further off the rails from here.

Please tell me you are joking.

What about Ikoma? Isn't he based?

How the hell do you read this graph?

You know what's going to be fun is ANN having to justify themselves regarding this and Kiznaiver since they're so in league with Aniplex.

>I think the nips are realizing the bullshit
Oh they have

Nigga I wouldn't even complain if he had some kind of huge ass kabane katana to cut that rope with. But he just had a little knife. How the fuck would you cut through a rope like that unless you can do some energy cutting shit?

>sword
That was not a sword, but a tiny-ass knife.

They are a bunch of hypocrites. Look at Asterisk. They were practically shilling it.

Ikoma became shit the second he started crying in episode 2. His character never recovered from that.

You know, I don't really mind the kabahamehas. The whole super kabaneri stuff kinda reminds me of Resident Evil, so it's okay for me. Same about the blood spewing motorcycles, it's fucking stupid, but I can see the purpose in that.

It's just that Biba seems like such a shitty evil character who does evil shit for the sake of it being evil shit. Like fuck okay I got it, you got an agenda, but how the fuck is making more zombies gonna help anyone?

>nor does his sword have the red lines from kabane steel folded 1000 times.
Use common sense user. Why the fuck would they carry daggers or swords that wouldn't do shit against Kabane hearts when their job is to kill them?

Also, Horobi's sword changed from a normal to kabane steel in the same episode.

You do know he was left to die and abandoned by his father right? He has deep seeded hatred for him and yet people wonder why he is doing all this evil shit.

This is a cry for attention from daddy.

Someone, make a WEG by having the "what I got" image as Resident Evil 6.

Still the knife was nowhere near long enough to cut the steel cable of that diameter.

this is just badly drawn I think

Ikoma is a boring MC. Nothing really memorable.

Doesn't matter. Motivations were never shown, just told about so there's no reason I should give a shit about why any character does anything. Everyone could die next episode and I wouldn't care because there's no reason to genuinely give a shit about any of the characters. The show is directionless and pointless. It's a waste of time and space. No one is sympathetic or interesting.

Sure, he has daddy issues, but you can solve that shit without going around murdering nearly fucking everyone.

No matter how you want to try to spin it, it is an ass pull to the highest order.

The best part was that he didn't even stop but did it in one clean slice.

Funny thing is that people were calling and making the (obvious) joke of
>Kabaneri will be a literal trainwreck

before the start of the show.

That said though, people also were happy andd hype for
>trigger original anime
for Kizunaiver.

They aren't always right, but can call on the obvious.

>What about Ikoma? Isn't he based?
Of all the problems Kabaneri has, I actually did believe Ikoma was pretty cool. Unfortunately the problem was that he went from a guy who wanted to kill zombies to save humanity to a guy who wanted to save humanity by killing zombies.

This actually does mean two very different things as it changed him into kind of a more moralistic character. Sure he always was that way but because Biba is SO AWESOME AND EVIL, they had to make Ikoma look like a complete dumbass

>Be literally worse than Hitler
>Your father realizes he can't let you go on being such an evil fuck
>"Wow dad what the fuck I just want to genocide the entire world how could you betray me?"

>How the hell do you read this graph?
Are you colorblind or something?

Except the thing is that he literally just came out in the last two episodes and the story has become all about him and his evil schemes instead of "zombie survival on a train", the thing most people were watching it for. It also introduced a new group of super elite SO KEWL zombie killers at the same time and is ruining the characters we already liked

And this is all happening with three, now two, episodes left

How the fuck is he boring? He is a steam engine mechanic who wanted to fight the Kabane. In his spare time he built a jet pistol gun with his best friend. He didn't cower or preach, he built and actually killed Kabane. The guy is a badass mc who puts faggots like Shinji and Eren to shame.

The guy's family was killed by Kabane...why wouldn't he think killing zombies will save humanity? What else is he supposed to do exactly?

>they had to make Ikoma look like a complete dumbass

Biba had years of training versus a guy who a few weeks ago did no fighting in his life.

Eh
it was always stupid
it just didn't try to hide it the last episodes

>why wouldn't he think killing zombies will save humanity? What else is he supposed to do exactly?
That is exactly what I'm saying. That was basically his character and it worked. When the story was just about fighting other zombies, that's when it had him as a decent character, but now that there's this whole moral thing going on and we have to make Biba look so super cool so they have him getting completely shat on as a person

>Motivations were never shown, just told about so there's no reason I should give a shit about why any character does anything.

Why don't you actually wait for the next episode before making any declarations. We will get a backstory of the guy and his actions will be made more clear.

As I said, right now he looks like a edgy flamingo trying to seek daddy''s love but I am sure there is an explanation for the slaughter.

I am sure he wasn't this bad when he was around his father, let us wait until his backstory before calling him Hitler.

Huh? Mumei was talking about Biba from episode 1, wtf are you babbling about?

>Humanity is fighting against Kabane
>A super elite trained group of soliders to kill the Kabane are doing so in splendid fashion
>Is surprised by them and saying they ruin the story.

One would have to be brain dead to not expect a more organized group of Kabane killers out there but of course people cry because their slice of life steam engine story isn't there anymore.

>Why don't you actually wait for the next episode before making any declarations. We will get a backstory of the guy and his actions will be made more clear.

Because I don't give a shit. The show has been shit 80% of the way a tolerable 20% isn't going to save it. It's garbage that should not be defended. It already blew it's chances.

It's hilarious that there's still people defending this shit.

You really can't sit through another 2 more episodes? Are we really going down that route? So you can stomach 9 episodes of crap you don't enjoy but be bothered to finish up Biba's backstory and getting to the Shogan's palace final battle?

yeah i had such high hopes for this show too, but they just shit all over them. Talk about a great first episode.

>first three episodes
ayy this is pretty gud, nothing amazing but it's plenty enjoyable
>next 2 episodes
Still alright
>everything else
hello darkness my old friend

Not even, third episode was complete garbage and hinted at how shit the show was going to be.