How is this garbage so popular and overrated?

How is this garbage so popular and overrated?

Top-tier animation and soundtrack.

OP is, unsurprisingly, a faggot.

The fuck you are even on about? It was only popular while anime was airing. No one makes threads about it anymore, manga been on filler since forever and webcomic updates like once every season. OPM is dead.

It's a decent parody.

Same reason can be said about Naruto,Bleach,One Piece,Dragon Ball, Pokemon,Yugioh,Precure and any other fucking anime on this board. Go fucking neck yourself.

>webcomic updates like once every season.
That's been the norm since forever.
It's a literal side-project for ONE.

You are posting in a bait thread.

It's popular because it's popular.

It's always curious with rating charts that for something well received there are practically no below average votes until suddenly getting to 1/10 irredeemable shit area.

Wrong, he is making it known. So its a good thing.

Because people have good taste. Really simple, right?

YOU MOTHERFUCKERS NEED TO STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A FUCKING ORDER!!!

YOU NEED TO STOP RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

I DONT GIVE A FUCK THAT YOU LIKE IT!

I DONT SO STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the thread...

Hating popular things isn't something to be ashamed about, it's a sign of subconscious insight about the way media works in the western world.

Ask a random person on the street which his/her favorite TV-show, movie, or even music is. There is a very high chance that the answer will be something that ranks in the top of the popularity charts, the most viewed, most advertised thing. The question is then, are these different media products the most popular because they are the most advertised, or the most "worthy"? To me, the answer obviously is the former.

A disgust for popular things shows signs that a person recognizes this mind control through advertising, and that they seek to rebel against it. When something is too popular, you just get this subtle hunch that some other force is behind this massive circlejerk, which is wise, but not always correct. I don't think it's correct for anime, for example, since it is barely advertised in the west anyway.

But the behavior of the large majority of the entry-level anime fans who step foot on the internet to throw their ignorant opinions around on what is the best and what is not accurately resembles the common ad-brainwashed drones you see and meet in real-life, so much that you make this connection between that phenomenon and the show they watch. And that's probably not too bad a guess either, because they are probably the same kind of people who watch Big Bang Theory and partake in traditionally "nerdy" activities because it's considered hip on some level today.

because you hate fun

This is what idiots always say.

I'm sorry, but you sound like a hipster.

i think you need to find a bridge and then shoot yourself in your hipster fucking face.

so please enlighten us what do geniuses such as yourself express as you partake in the exchange of verbal discourse?

probably something like "SHUT UP FAGGOT"

It's not garbage at all. It was a different and interesting concept in shonen which is, at this point, overexploited

tl;dr

The correct way to say it is "OP doesn't like good action series"

kill yourself kid...

The real mystery is how did you manage to stop quaffing cock long enough to make this thread?

Its a shonen

>garbage
It's fun, you're not supposed to take it super seriously. The show was an okay adaptation (with nice animation), so that brought even more new fans in.

I do agree that it's overrated though

actually responding to that retard/bait...

go drown in a fire...

Nice pasta famalam

>i-it's a parody
It's a really stale parody that appeals to retards like the people complaining ITT

>Hipster
i want neo-Sup Forums to leave

>why is Daiz in an anime
>why does Sup Forums like anime
>why does she sit like that
>what did he mean by this
>what the fuck is his/her problem
>why are we here
>which came first, the chicken or the egg
There are far more important questions in this world that needs answer and you ask that, OP.

The standard for anime has sunk so low that a not so bad show can be considered the best of its season nowaday. Look at this and last season, barely anything can be compared to OPM. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Just turn your brain off, bro.

>bait thread
How is this a bait thread when the show is normie tier garbage? I can't believe I even finished the show just for the sake of finishing the show. It was unbelievably boring because of how PREDICTABLE IT WAS. It was a shit show.
They should rename it to One Shit Man

I found it good but hate seeing it in the #1 spot on kissanime every week. Been like months now.

Akame ga kill is best anime btw

>OPM the best of its season
Not even fucking close. The only reason you think anime's sunk low is because you don't fucking watch it, you just jump over here to complain every so often when Sup Forums is slow.

It's good but I hate seeing it in the #1 spot on kissanime every week.

Akame ga kill is best anime btw.

I thought this meme was dead.

because most people i.e. casuals grew up with DBZ, Naruto and other shonen shit and are familiar with powerlevels. Once they see something that takes the piss on powerlevels, it becomes the most innovative thing they've ever witnessed and the show automatically receives acclaim for being a "genre deconstruction" and various other meme terms.

>meme
Nah, you just have shit taste. That was a shit show

Nice copy pasta u faggot

It's decent enough for normies to appreciate it while at the same time allowing hardcore weebs to appreciate the animation

It's not as bad as the dragon ball fans who bitch and complain about it being stupid and boring because there's no tension in the series when that's the entire joke.

They sound like SAOfags bitching about LH because it has no pemanent death.

kek

>normie
Kill yourselves.

Greatest manga of all time

@142869613 (OP)
cuz they wanted the reddit/western audience

>@142869613
What did he mean by this?

>animation team gets two awards just this year
>manga sold well in Japan in the US
>Haters Gonna Hate

Saying something is overrated is not a valid criticism of it.

Cute superheroes doing cute things. Don't take it so seriously.

Does this not tell you something about the mentality of an average anime watcher? Each season everyone has a knee jerk reaction to each new show out of these two
>BEEESTT THIIING EEVEEEERRRRR CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE AOTY GOAT GOAT GOAT HYPE HYPE 10/10 ANIME IS SAVED
or
>IRREDEEMABLE OVERRATED OVERHYPED SHIT SHITTIEST ASSPULL ANIME, SHIT ANIMATION, SHIT STORY, EVERYTHING SUCKS BUT ESPECIALLY THE FANBASE -100/10
At least they're more or less ironic on Sup Forums, but every other child-infested shithole like ANN and MAL does this very seriously after mimicking the cool kids on the hacker known as four chan

Is this a pasta? If not, then you should probably kill yourself. Being biased against popular things is exactly as sheep-like as being biased towards them. If anything, the contradiction just adds on top of the idiocy to make you even more of a faggot than the hapless pleb.

How can filthy casualfags ignore the growing OPM exposure in the past 4 years and suddenly pretend to be an anime connoisseur when OPM anime aired?

>it's shit
>t-t-that's the joke!!!

OPM was fucking terrible.

Maybe your taste is garbage?

What is it then?
>proceed to list run of the mill CGDCT