Holy shit, how the fuck can people defend this Harry Potter ripoff? I mean, I know the Nips have lax copyright laws...

Holy shit, how the fuck can people defend this Harry Potter ripoff? I mean, I know the Nips have lax copyright laws, but damn if that wasn't a 1:1 plagiarization.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/list/show/10764.Schools_of_Magic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_story
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Harry Potter is a shitty "The Worst Witch" rip-off, faggot. Also sage.

Kill yourself.

No you dumbasses it's a rip off of dinosaur king

most creative works are just new mixtures of previously created ideas. If you really want to nitpick i'm sure almost every anime you enjoy is a rip off of something else to at least some degree. As long as it isn't flagrant, you shouldn't try to suppress people's ability to create, it's how genres are formed.

It was cute and fun, unlike harry potter

This is how

Good Artists Copy; Great Artists Steal

(you) so silly user

What happens if you rape her? Does she go crazy(crazier)?

Truth is I actually love it

Your dick would probably melt before you could put it inside.

>Harry potter invented magic schools
Baka desu senpai OP.

No, but Harry Potter invented a certain style of magic school. It's not a complete ripoff, but it's easy to see that Harry Potter was the main source of inspiration, it could even be the only one.

Yeah, naw. Read/watch more manga/anime.

and what style was it?
all hp did was popularize it. all you can say is that witch academia was riding on the wave.

I'm 45 years old and was probably reading manga before you're even born

Most of what it did rip off was the visual style of the Harry Potter movies. You have to remember that usually fiction which didn't originate in Japan isn't well known there, so I don't think they've read stuff like the "Worst Witch". I don't say that it's bad, but that it's very obvious that the Harry Potter movies were the main point of refference here, up to certain events and character taken straight from there

witches are associated with western culture, so ofc schools for magic are akin to western academias. remember zero no tsukaime? im pretty sure it came before hp craze but im too lazy to actually google it.
well refrences ware made, but i think its still in the realms of parody rather than plagiarism.

Haha, you sure had me fooled :^)

I don't really think it's plagiarism, that was just a shitpost I made because I'm an asshole
Zero no Tsukaima came 2004, so about 4 years after the "craze" started - although I don't think the references between ZnT and HP are quite that big as they are with LWA and HP. I might be mistaken, though, as I couldn't stomach more than one season of ZnT

I'm currently watching Enchanted Parade and have this to ask: Are they Jewish? Because of Ein Sof Aur

German witch is made for adoption

kabbalah is just one of the many stuff in mysticism. did you know that the 'golem' came from jewish mythology about some rabbi who took some mud and made person out of it? religions are often full of the supernatural. i once read some christian review of chu2 who was very offended that the girl in the anime mentioned the vatican as a place of the supernatural. was very amusing.

>kabbalah is just one of the many stuff in mysticism. did you know that the 'golem' came from jewish mythology about some rabbi who took some mud and made person out of it?

There are people who didn't know that?

everyone learn it eventually, but for some it takes more time than others.

been waiting to use this for awhile

>Harry Potter
>invented a certain style of magic school
ugh
The concept of magical academy has been in existence since ancient Greece founded the first school.
LotR's itself featured the order of wizards and other places of learning
>goodreads.com/list/show/10764.Schools_of_Magic

>Animation is built on plagiarism! If it weren’t for someone plagiarizing the Honeymooners we wouldn’t have the Flintstones. If someone hadn’t ripped off Sergeant Bilko, there’d be no Top Cat. Huckleberry Hound, Chief Wiggum, Yogi Bear? Hah! Andy Griffith, Edward G. Robinson, Art Carney. Your honor, you take away our right to steal ideas, where are they gonna come from?

>Manga being listed among those books

Harry Potter didn't invent anything.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_story

>The Governess, or The Little Female Academy
Neat.

You're an idiot.

Didn't know HP was about cute witches doing witch things.