Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1575

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imabi.net/l1pronunciation.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

今日も一日ざんがるぼい!

そろそろ諦めたほうがいい

reddit.com/r/learnjapanese

a million times better than this thread

What does the grammar とした mean again

使用済み
用済み

you can't learn

俺の娘のバージニティをとした

Like that

おはようおにいちゃん

あのね

ううんなんでもない

I still don't get it. You tried her virginity?

Does anyone else feel like this language is a shitty puzzle game you have to sit down and think really hard about only to realize afterwards you will never know if you got it right on your own?

I can't understand sentences if a textbook doesn't chew them down and spit them into my mouth and feel like garbage about it.

>ざんがるぼい
Zangaruboyって
なんかかっこいい

Nah, it's pretty easy.

Try learning an actual hard language like Latin. Literally the only difficult thing about Japanese is kanji.

Suck my chinpo whoreslut.

>throwing in a bunch of additional conjugation rules for sex/number/person makes the language harder
It's literally just a few days of practice. Doesn't even compare to something like Japanese.

>church latin
>hard

I was joking

Why not just google it if you don't understand it, there are a million grammar guides and forums that cover it

It's because he wants to interact with his /djt/ buddies man, can't you try being a little more welcoming?

this
I learn better by talking to friendly humans than reading boring wall of texts you know. Won't you help me user?

>Wanting to interact with djt

NANDEYANEN

とする has a lot of uses. If you post the sentence you saw it would be easier to help you.

Well I mostly encounter it as "to decide to do something", it shows that someone has made the decision that they want to do a verb but haven't yet done it, or are just about to do it

Most of the time I see it in the context of "just as he decided to stick his dick in the hole, a knife came out and stabbed in the urethra", that sort of shit

It has other uses though that's just the one I think is most common

Take a text translated into English and parse every sentence. Do it a lot.

木刀で殴りかかろうとした沙紅羅の動きは、村崎が身を庇ったエコバッグを見て止まった。

必須
急須

volitional+とする means "to try" or "is about to"

What are the differences between により、によって、による? I can't get my head around it

This と is used as a noun phrase maker and modifying した.
した is "did" but used as a noun modifier modifying 動き here.

They're basically the same thing.

What is the actual usage?
Off the top of my head, より and よって mean same but よる is modifying a noun.

>watch Steve video
>"I know 25000 words in [language]
>wow so impressive!!!
>"oh by the way, this count includes inflected forms"

When did you realize Steve is a fraud?

He doesn't automatically count all inflections and conjugations, only ones he actually manually memorizes, so it's not as bad as it seems (though it's still bad)

So 10 conjugations of 食べる counts as 10 words?
That means he knows about 2500 words which is the average for polyglot swindlers who can say いい天気だね in 20 languages.

乙かれ様

乙彼様

乙カレー様

お通カレー佐間

>polyglot swindlers
i guess im gonna have to learn 'ive been had' in 20 languages instead of 'but its raining'

尾津家差魔

なあんで死なないの~

丸秘

How many friends do YOU have on line?

Huh, Sup Forums ate the other character, even though the IME can generate it fine.

>Being friends with リア充

Sup Forums eats emojis on purpose

kinda glad about that... 西村 博之 orz

Who is Nishimura Hakukore?

エピック・ポスト

三級

>Find out after years of reading that 態とらしい
doesn't mean "on purpose" and is not a synonym of 態と.
This is why the immersion+no anki method is bullshit. You can't guess the meaning of words.

You could always, you know, use a dictionary

Do you only get your definitions of words from anki?

Based on the fact that he used kanji for something that's never written in kanji, he probably did only learn it from anki.

わざとらしい means pretty much exactly what you'd fucking expect from putting わざと and らしい together, what are you talking about

Got up to the point where the night starts in leyline after a few hours of reading. I only know like a thousand words and I've never read anything properly in japanese before, just used rikai on the web. How am I doing?

use kanji you fucking casual

>few hours of reading
Sorry, I meant on and off, not concentrated. So it was probably more like an hour of effort total, or a little less, just in terms of a guess.

If you stop shitposting and go back to reading you'll be doing fine

Unfortunately I'm going to bed. That's why I decided to come here.

>going to bed

dekinai

>not sleeping properly
enjoy your shitty memory

not him but i stay awake 25/8 and my memory is just fine. 問題ない

nazeomaerahanihongodekakanainoka?dekinainoka?

wakarimasenwwwwwkanjidekaitekudadai

何を言うっているの

>leaving う
back to the drawing board

nannwoittennoyo

Sorry, minasan, can i ask a silly question about Japanease? The thing is naitives pronounce OU like long O, but it's strange i hear exactly OU in many cases. Can it be?

>The thing is naitives pronounce OU like long O
Not always.
>Can it be?
Yes.

Kill yourself

If the う is at the end of a verb it will usually be pronounced as う

>show group of Japanese friends screenshots of Dies Irae
>「なにこれw」「普通つかわへんw」

kek

Don't read Chuuni VNs if you want to learn real Japanese.

Who the fuck reads Dies Irae to learn Japanese?It's something you read after you learned a decent chunk of Japanese already for enjoyment, not study.

Fucking awful post. Delete this.

Is it possible to run the cards thing in OSX using Wine or something similar? I really don't feel like using Windows.

>reading Dies Irae for enjoyment
I've got some bad news for you...

How about Russian?

>learning Japanese for amumu content

Why would anyone learn a Slav language?

You're looking for Anki? There's a version of that for all OS.

Because it is often considered to be hard to learn.

>Japanese grammar is simple therefore Japanese is simple!

The simplicity of the grammar is what makes reading the language difficult.

Complex grammar is a godsend when you start reading and need to figure out the meaning of the sentence.

iyaaakanjihamuzukashisugirudayo.hiraganamowww

dattaramouikkaibenkyouseyo

I'm kind of surprised at how easy these are to read

I guess Japanese has trained me in the ways of spacelessness

youdbesurprisedathoweasyitcanberven8fistartshittinfallovermyheuvoatddnfyo6hsbeypgursswhatinactusllyintediubgtopteas

could you also say

母から読み書きを習いました。

or do you need に

I still have flashbacks about learning Russian at school. Helped me later on with math linguistics but still not the best experience.

If you're looking for a challenge then Polish or Ukrainian are probably harder than Russian.

imabi.net/l1pronunciation.htm

CTRL+F for:
Spelling Issues: "ei" & "ou"

What the FUCK am I looking at.

Please don't tell me those are all correct possibilities for the sentence you wrote.

I can attest that Polish is pretty fucked up with very irregular inflection (even well-educated people make mistakes), but from what I heard Hungarian is the most fucked up European language (e.g. it has almost 20 grammatical cases for nouns).

The first two are obvious, the rest are bullshit.

Red headed fish eating cat.

>Hungarian
>European language

> Japaneae grammar is simple

Hey. Hey. You there. Yeah, you.

FUCK YOU.

Japanese grammar is a fucking mess that can be interpreted 10 different ways if shown to non-fluent people.

What other languages have you tried to learn/know?

Oh you motherfucker. I see this problem transfers to English as well if you don't use enough words to clarify.

Does anyone have an opinion on wanikani.com?

Maybe you are mistaking Hungary for some other country. See the map in link.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary

Irrelevant.