What makes Mari so perfectly perfect?

What makes Mari so perfectly perfect?

Everything, the original art in the original manga is better though so post that

>I hate fun almost as much as I hate myself.

Smug, tsundere, blond twintails, orange eyes.

But it's mostly the smug tsundere twintails, it's somewhat rare.

>But it's mostly the smug tsundere twintails, it's somewhat rare.
Are they?

Twintail characters are in 95% cases depicted as pretty childish and immature, in that case they can't be smug.
It's the juxtaposition of her twisted adult demeanor and her youthful appearance that makes her fun.

>love big breasts and I'm a sucker for legwear
>still prefer Mari over Yumeko
What is this dark magic?

Post Yumeko~
I have none~

Yumeko isn't human, she's probably the most alien character in her own manga.

Smug tsundere twintailed characters are fairly common, even though they are usually smug and wrong at the same time.

Name more than 4 from series in the last 3 years.

Not just smug, Yumeko is pretty twisted and sadistic on top of that, these are not twintail character traits.

Yumeko isn't Mari.

Aren't they both sadistic and twisted?

Why is their chemistry so great?

Mine from AgK
Karin from Yuyuyu
Mitcher from Grisaia (arguably tsundere)
Ene from Mekakucity (tsundere but not for MC)
Mary
Probably a lot more, but I usually forget harems after the seasons are over.

Liese (trinity seven). Sodachi (owarimonogatari) and Momoka (valkyrie drive) are some recent twintailed character that have twisted/sadistic personalities, smugness and occasional dere. I wouldn't call them tsundere though.

Over half of those are far older than 3 years.
>AgK
6 year old series
>Grisaia
5 year old series
>Liese
7 year old series

Now compare those you barely managed to dig up to how many bog standard cookiecutter tsundere there are, and you'll see how rare they are.

He most likely meant anime release.

Well, I considered the anime each one of those as reference.

Isn't it normal to argue using the source material? Anime adaptations aren't strangers to even changing character personalities.

>Mari

I don't read japanese, and VNs/LNs take a long while to start having serious translations and enough popularity for me to bother reading. I have no idea what new characters are there in these last few years. And manga 3 years are enough for many of them to be axed and forgotten. And tsundere is a character arc, it needs some time to show up unless it's the fall in love immediately for MC or from before the series starts and stays in obvious denial.

But baseless assertiveness and smugness are common traces of tsunderes, who are frequently prideful characters that are always trying to cover their weakness with a high and mighty attitude. Intentionally sadistic tsundere are much rarer though, but sadist/psycho twintailed characters are common in comparison.