The First anime that you watched that you dropped

Let's face facts, [a/nons, every one of us, when we first discovered anime, were convinced that it was immaculate and could do no wrong. This is because most of us were used to the quality that Toonami provided. Great shows like Pokemon, Cowboy Bebop, Big O, Gundam, Outlaw Star, etc. It also helped that the Internet in 2007 was popularizing Anime like crazy. I remember the days where literally every site had an advert for "CLICK THE LINK TO WATCH BLEACH/ONE PIECE/NARUTO/CODE GEASS FOR FREE!"

What was the very first show that you remember thinking "Wow... I never thought it would happen, but I found an anime that is shit... Like, total shit."

Pic related. Even though I was a bright eyed little jimmy when the Anime first aired, I watched it and thought "Wow, this is a nonsensical romance that is trying way too hard to make us think that protagonist bitch is the perfect woman and that there is a reason that every vampire here wants to eat her." It also introduced me to my, literal, least favourite Anime trope of "We were raised as brother and sister, so we can't fall in love, but I really want us to UGUUUU!!!"

I remember picking Appleseed up from my local Video rental store in '91 and watching it... Boy was I disappointed.

>Let's face facts,
How about this fact:
Generalizing usually leads to you making incorrect statements.
>every one of us, when we first discovered anime, were convinced that it was immaculate and could do no wrong.
No. I didn't.
I distinctly remember getting bored out of my mind by several shows.
>This is because most of us were used to the quality that Toonami provided.
Another really stupid generalization.
Not nearly all anons are Americans.
>in 2007
An incorrect assumption that everybody is your age.

So you had 2 first anime that you dropped?

People always used to go on about how Twilight was the worst shit ever. Well, as far as I am concerned, Vampire Knight was Twilight before Twilight was a thing, and Inuyasha was Twilight before either of them were a thing. God I fucking hate this shit with a passion.

>[a/nons
jesus fuck how old are you?

Why do you keep talking to yourself?

>in 2007
>An incorrect assumption that everybody is your age.
But he does have a point. I remember only starting to watch Bleach, because every site that I frequented back then had "Click here to go to "ilovebleach.com" to watch unlimited Bleach for free" and "Watchbleachfreeonline.com is waiting to give you all your Bleach needs."

>he
user, you may be new to this board, but it's plainly visible to anybody who isn't a newfag that there's still just the two of us in this thread.

Why do you keep talking to yourself, user?

Need I explain?

ITT only like 1 or 2 Sup Forumsnons will post a legitimate contribution to the thread and everyone else will try to trigger each other.

That would be a step-up for OP, since he's so desperate for replies.

I have a hard time dropping anime, or at least admitting to it. I have a bunch of anime on my "hold" list on MAL, can't really drop it, despite it being years since I last watched an episode.

The best candidate for your suggestion, though, is probably Infinite Stratos. Moved it to dropped after one episode due to its shittyness. (Later, I finished it, so it wasn't permanent). Now, I only have Pokemon Best Wishes and Cardfight Vanguard on dropped, and that's more due to their length and relative uninterestingness than their terribleness.
Other than that, I haven't watched Kimba in years, and when I tried a few weeks ago it was a lot worse than I remembered it, so may end up dropping it. Or Yattaman, but I actually watch one episode every other year of that, so dunno.

lol

Chaos;Head

A friend of mine recommend it to me as a joke.

The VN is awesome though.

This was one of the first animes I watched. Ended up making me too bored to want to watch any anime at all for a few years.

dropped literally every infinite length shonen i watched when i was a teen. inuyasha, naruto, bleach, one piece, etc. out of boredom.

only hard-drop was a homo manga, koisuru boukun, because i hate the rape-you-til-you-love-me trope.

Mouse

Winter 2003

2003 was an awful year overall

Strike Witches