Was he right ?

no, he's Light

no, he's raito

kek'd
have a you

VERY FUNNY

>reduced world crime by 85% or some shit
literally did nothing wrong

Just some edgy teenager trying to be special. If he really cared about fighting crime he would've trashed the diary and enrolled to be cop.

He should've controlled rich and powerful politicians/Jews to accomplish his goals from behind the scenes instead.

no one who kills waifu L can be right

what a meaningless question, the act of accomplishing something is right in itself, thus the saying might makes right.

>has the power to kill anyone without consequence by writing a few words
>"he's edgy, he should just be a cop"

that was awful

>enroll to be some nobody cop

first arc is one of the best mangas i have ever read. i want to erase the existence of the 2nd arc fuck that shit

end was good

No, he should have forced all the governments of the world at gunpoint to write legislation that would do his job for him. He could have completed his goals in a month.

Not this shit again. Why does Death Note attract so many edgy unfulfilled retards? Is it because they self insert into Light and consider themselves highly intelligent specimen that are just waiting for to rule the world?

>legislation that autp kills fugitive criminals
what?

Pssht ... nothin' personnel kid

It's probably because most people who make these threads just finished DN a short wile ago, and since DN is an entry level anime people who just watched it are usually underage newfags.

that, or the fact it has good writing

?

It's simple, just force all the members of the Diet of Japan or some other legislative body to write legislation that would sentence to death anyone who commits a crime. That, or they would die themselves.

You would also need new regulations when it comes to law enforcement since Light killed also those criminals that weren't caught. In the end it doesn't matter since he would get killed in his sleep if he threatened high officials. He was right when he chose to operate as a shadow figure and if he wasn't a dumbass about it he wouldn't get caught.

Just like what Light actually did this would, realistically speaking, achieve nothing but anarchy and chaos. Protip: People who commit crimes do that because they assume they will not be caught, not because they think "oh well even if I get caught it's just a prison sentence not death". That's why countries with death sentences don't have lower crime rates than those without them. If anything it would just cause massive problems such as policemen not reporting all the crimes, as some of them might not be asshols who want someone to get killed for stealing a candy bar, or people trying to get rid of their identity.

i feel like you ignored the word fugitive

Can you prove that the act of accomplishing is right though?

Except the fact that because of the potential of death, people would weigh their actions more carefully. Alot of crimes are committed because at best, they don't get caught. At worst, the consequences for said crimes are minimal. Threaten a man with death and they'll change their tune very quickly.

All of you fags who watched Death Note without buying it would've been killed by Light btw. Consider this before approving of his ideals.

I watched it when I was still an underaged streamfag and nobody goes after streamers to begin with.

>Except the fact that because of the potential of death, people would weigh their actions more carefully.
Throughout the history of humans their have for the most time been punishments much harder than currently and there weren't less crimes. Many countries who have a death sentence for drug possession have still huge drug problems. Harsher punishments do literally nothing. Except that the person who stole the candybar and was witnessed by someone might decide to kill that person in fear of being found out. Forgot to hand in your tax return? Better fake your death and join the mafia or something as it's better to get killed.

*better than getting killed

Pertty much this. The reason rape isn't punished harder is so the rapist won't kill the victim afterwards.

>Throughout the history
already fucked up shitlord. Modern day is nothing like history back then. People have never lived like we live now. We're way more comfortable than we've ever been. The poor today live better than the nobles 500 years ago. The quality of life has reason far more than you realize. Better quality of life = higher fear of loss = living more carefully.
>Harsher punishments do literally nothing.
and besides, this isn't about giving a harsher punishment. I wouldn't consider death even harsh. Life in prison is waaayyyyy worse than death. Shit, ten years in prison is way fucking worse than death. Ten years of your life, your never ever fucking getting back. Plus death sentence is one thing. But a god like figure killing people, who reigns above the govn't is a whole different level.

But the real cause of crime is lack of eductation at the end of the day. If these little ghetto niglets started dropping like flies when they got arrested, they'd either stop committing crimes or die. Either way the crime rate would drop.

No, he left the human world

First post = most factually correct post

Death Note anime was 10 years ago.