NGE

What exactly was his deal again?
He was some sort of double agent?
I don't think i ever actually understood that part.

he was the only normal, gentle and loving person around in that world of crazy people and angsty teenagers

He was working for Seele.

he realized everyone left on the planet had mental issues so he purposefully got himself killed

He had a major plot but Anno dropped him halfway.

This.

He was a good guy working for the bad guys. So yes, he was a double agent.

That was Fuyutsuki, though.

Triple agente actualy, he worked for Gendo, Seele and the Japanese Government

And who did he ACTUALLY work for?

The watermelons

Not sure he really gave much of a fuck, no matter who he worked for. He didn't want human instrumentation, but knew he couldn't stop it, so he just wanted to fuck Misato again before the end. He might have taken the job just so he could get back to Tokyo-3 where she was.

Fuyutsuki to me felt like Sup Forums's collective self insert.
>Always smug as fuck
>possibly knows more than everyone there
>Just watches shit go down and occasionally tells gendo to calm down on the edge
>speaks wisely
>possibly cocked Gendo

He's a loose collection of stereotypes which friendless virgins would conceptualize from the word 'manliness'.

Don't read shit that isn't there. His actual personality is about as well-developed as Cookie Monster's.

>he thinks Cookie Monster isn't a deep character
that's neo Sup Forums for you

Not talking about his personality, i'm talking about what his role was, because until the very end i didn't understand his allegiance

>Don't read shit that isn't there. His actual personality is about as well-developed as Cookie Monster's.

Sounds like every character in EVA.

sexiest voice

>he hasn't read Cookie-Monster's tragic backstory

He basically tried to go full fucking Ocelot levels of weaselness, but got BTFO for his trouble

Himself, probably, which is what got him shot by a mook.

i feel like he got more character development in the manga, but idk it's been a while since i read it

What's up with the preview after 2.22 showing nothing that happened in 3.33?
Was Misato about to shoot Kaji?

They did give him a more fleshed out backstory.

I'm a boy, sir

He was working for his own ends, he only worked with Nerve and Seele when it suited him.

Also he was the only person in the show who was a well adjusted human and they killed him for it ;_;

>Cookie Monster isn't the most well written character in decades
go back to and post in shitty evangelion threads faggot

more like gendo cocked him

>What's up with the preview after 2.22 showing nothing that happened in 3.33?

Anno is a faggot

He wanted to bone Misato so badly he clawed his way to a high-level espionage position in both SEELE and the Nip Government in order tog et close to her.

Had he fucking shot Gendo in Ep 8 he would've saved the entire universe

humanity

Heh, that wouldn't have changed much.
Only thing different would be the ending with old man possessing the body of eva ruling the world and maybe humanity wouldnt exist in that case syrup.

If memory serves me right, in the manga he is part of a group of kids who formed a sort of "survival group" after the 2nd Impact. (Think: Walking Dead)
He infiltrates a facility (I think belongs to SEELE) to steal food from storage and bring back home.
One day he is captured by the guards and tortured until he confessed where their hideout is... Then he passes out for whatever reason.
When he wakes up and runs to his lair, all of the kids are dead.
He decided to devote his life to finding out about SEELE, about the 2nd Impact, about the truth in general, that stole his childhood and that of all those dead kids.

Dead Gendo wouldn't be able to order Unit-01 frozen in bakelite. Yui would've used a perserk pack on Arael and Armisael and Asuka and Rei would've been saved in 22 and 23, Shinji wouldn't have gone full faggot and then full emo in 24-25.

I meant Seele would control the world, that was their plan all along to be immortal gods and if that is in the form of eva that is fine for them too and it was Seele who were behind everything, Gendo merely changed some little details so that he has a chance to be reunited with his wife.
If Shinji and other character would be happier if Gendo died and many of his plans never came to fruition, well probably but for Shinji maybe the death of his father would rob him all of his left sanity and everything goes totally downhill.

>well probably but for Shinji maybe the death of his father would rob him all of his left sanity and everything goes totally downhill.

All of Shinji's sanity is already gone, genius.

Meanwhile SEELE cannont rule as gods without 1: Lillith and 2 :Evas

Both of which belong to NERV. Without Gendo, Asuka and Rei survive o be mission-ready in time for EOE. With Unit-0's performance, it can be written off after facing 1-2 MP Evas. Unit-02 could defeat 3. This leaves an imortal Unit-01 (thanks to zeruel) more powerful than any of the preceding angels to absolutely destroy the remaining MP Evas.

Even then, Rei (or whatever clone wakes up after 0 is destroyed) would have no loyalty to anybody except Gendo (who is rotting in a grave) and no method to cause an Impact since Adam is still frozen in a block of epoxy. Hell, Shinji doesn't even need to be sane, because Yui would defeat Seele and then just hang around as Super Eva Mom for eternity

Kaji killing Gendo is a 100% positive result.

Shinji is already against his will piloting the robot what do you think happends if he falls totally into depression. What do you do when he rufeses to pilot the damn machine needed to save the world.
About Asuka and Rei being saved, there is still the mind and ring of light angel.
Regardless what they do they will lose a pilot or have him incapable of piloting afterwards.

Seele was working a long time on their plan, Evas were constructed all over the world, the german branch was also alive till the end if I remember right.
Even if something is frozen that wont stop them.
Yui will also not just come out and act on her own.

ah damn, should have read to end, what a low-level bait, damn.

Himself, because he was playing all sides in order to get the full picture of what the fuck was even going on.

i wonder why misato shot him???

for me

For you?

FOOOOOOOOOOOR

YOOOOOOOOOOOU

Fuck I just laughed so hard at this

explain the medicine

is Rei a pill popper

Does Gendo like giving her Uppers and Downers?

And would you live in a place like this

She should really cut down on the soda.

it's Red Bull

I assume their painkillers or something because she's always getting brutally maimed or killed.

Why does she leave those bloody bandages there? Can't she afford a bin?

He was a triple agent working for SEELE, NERV, and the Japanese Government. SEELE had him killed because he released Fuyutsuki from their custody.

>Yui will also not just come out and act on her own.
This. If Shinji isn't there, she gives no kind of a fuck for what happens.

>against his will
It was always his choice, he's just a bitch and thinks he has no choice.

I assumed its because her body is not natural she needs regular medication to stay alive.

Didn't he also reroute the delivery of Adam to NERV at Gendo's request? That seems like it would've been the bigger offense.

It's never explained at all, but that's the only one that's even implied by her appointments with Ritsuko and a single line from the manga where Ritsuko half threatens that she's the one keeping Rei's body alive.

I presume kaji had no idea of the impact of adam, thats why he just handed him over to gendo right?

can someone explain why ritsuko showed up naked to the seele meeting?

this, cookie monster went from being obsessed with cookies to knowing when he needed to balance it out with fruits and veggies, as a show of social responsibility because of the kids that watch him

Probably to abuse and humiliate her

you really believe anyone who replaced gendo at the NERV hq would issue out unit 01 to fight after the insanity that happened last time?