Ontario is implementing the 15$ per hour wage soon...

Ontario is implementing the 15$ per hour wage soon, many people on normieBOOK & work are shitposting about how great it is and not thinking about the real consequences. Canada in 2014 implmented a min wage which increased with the rate of inflation, which makes perfect sense. Now they are spiking it up to 14$ in 2018 and 15 in 2019. Are liberals retarded or am i just sucking on some big fat corporate cock.

>people making min wage wont lose jobs or hours
> cost of living and food wont go up
> forcing others by law to pay more for the same shit
> low skilled people (DIVERSITY) will be more effected negatively.

Poor Families Spend a lot on Luxuries:
marketwatch.com/story/low-income-families-spend-40-of-their-money-on-luxuries-2017-06-28

Replacement:
forbes.com/sites/realspin/2016/11/29/thanks-to-fight-for-15-minimum-wage-mcdonalds-unveils-job-replacing-self-service-kiosks-nationwide/#7586ccba4fbc

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/low-income-families-spend-40-of-their-money-on-luxuries-2017-06-28
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_Canada
irle.berkeley.edu/seattles-minimum-wage-experience-2015-16/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is just more proof that ontario is the worst province, you should abandon the normies and go to quebec

wuw, I thought quebecuck was bad

Just pushing automation timeline forward, bit by bit. Not long now.

>go to quebec
are you high? taxes there are 4-10% higher than the average between other provinces.
the frogs are annoying assholes who are pompus drunks. Quebeckers are literal sub humans, i would rather live in a community with irish/polish people than these clowns.

>he doesn't know that Quebec is actually the worst province

>wuw, I thought quebecuck was bad
dont worry alberta is getting it too thanks to the NDP

>Quebec is actually the worst province
what is the best province for a while i thought it was Alberta until the NDP was elected.

Canada literally brings in foreigners and with their contract agreements by law get paid less than minimum wage. Look at Mac's convenience stores, they were being sued because they promised foreigners so many jobs that didn't exist. The whole thing is literally designed to destroy the economy. People are going to be spending less not paying more. That's how stupid it is.

>marketwatch.com/story/low-income-families-spend-40-of-their-money-on-luxuries-2017-06-28
>Luxuries are defined as goods and services that are consumed in greater proportion as income increases

What a broad and lazy definition, talk about worthless study

>people bitch for "muh $15 min wage"
>they get it
>prices rise to compensate
>they're still broke and will bitch for $20 min wage

I can't wait.

Oh well, I work in a skilled trade that can't be outsourced in a field that can't be realistically cut.

Starting wage for me was ~17.50 CAD, so the new wage will have to go up. If it's 15 to work at mcdicks or walmart,16-17 to be a garbage man or 17-18 to be an electrician, I'll take the part time neetbucks and gibmedats.

Not even Alberta is based? How so? Also quebecers are australian abbo levels of drivel. Pic related, it's where it seems I need to move

Albertas min wage is going to 15$ in October 2018
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_Canada

this
mfw I wanted to move there

Get ready for disappointment then

irle.berkeley.edu/seattles-minimum-wage-experience-2015-16/

>mfw I wanted to move there
I moved there shortly after highschool in 2008 just before the big crash, alberta didnt experience it at all. I got the first hand experience of a boomer economy, jobs were plenty, women were fine, no niggers and a small quiet home in layalta was all i needed.
Left alberta because i wanted a degree in STEM, wasn't the best choice of my life senpai

You would have to do it over time, while raising the wages of other jobs in the process. a machine operator making 15 bucks now, isn't going to stay when he can work at cuck Donald's for 15.

>left alberta
wow, how did you not understand how awesome it was?

anything East coast

> (You)
>>left alberta
>wow, how did you not understand how awesome it was?
it had its ups and downs. The worst part of alberta was the fact that most of the people living in the city were hicks who hated outsiders.
Another negative was i was in a small town with no girls, no clubs nothing. I came back home to fuck thots and settle down with a roastie.

Worst case Ontario. What is that like $8.00/hr US?

>implying a skilled tradesmen is going to want to quit their job to work in fast food.

It's weird how people go full autist about this. Wages have stagnated while profits has risen. Wages should raise across the board to reflect this but instead the bootlickers shriek with rage and demand people deserve to be kept poor.

You really under estimate how many niggers operate machinery.

>>implying a skilled tradesmen is going to want to quit their job to work in fast food.
the issue isnt skilled tradesmen its factory laborer, line operators. It doesn't take skills or training to lift boxes and press buttons.
Factory jobs are not easy and very rough on the body, if i were to choose between factory labor and a job at mc.donalds the better choice would be mc.donalds due to repetitive strain injuries.

My point exactly, leaf. Worked in a factory for a few years. Good pay, SHIT work. So take the pay and make it equal to a drop out job. Why is that even a question? lmao

This is a myth. Seattle is doing evidence that 15$ an hour works

>irle.berkeley.edu/seattles-minimum-wage-experience-2015-16/
Unfortunately everyone will need to wait another year for it all to catch up, so you can have the full picture.

Lol yes all those mythical employers that can't afford it won't be able to fire people for over a year

>implying niggers want to be subservient fast food workers or even that numerous fast food jobs are going to magically become available, stripping the factories of workers.

Nice try.

not all black people live off the state

Lol, real quality response there, bud.

t. Randy Lahey

Every east coast province has an unemployment above 8%

>doesn't mention the state
>le state!

And yet you're saying if minimum wage rises all McDonald's will become staffed entirely by ex factory workers.

Noooooo, I am stating that there is going to be a global wage increase so that DOESN'T happen. Shit, did you even read my post?

i make $14hr atm so with the hike my boss it upping my pay to $18hr then $19hr the following year. i get that shit will go up eventually but regardless it is going to go up. unlike other workers who are lazy and do not deserve this hike, I actually deserve way more than I am being paid for my natural hard working nature so for once im siding with the libs.

still wont vote for them but they get a +1 for not pissing me off

Whats wrong with that. I want Canada to cuck itself for 50 years with Justin Trudau!

Its usually part time students that work in fast food here, also flips on work visas.. so yeah all those jobs would become available if people applied for them.

The dollar isnt going to go as far and youre putting yourself in a higher income bracket therefore your purchasing power will be less at the end of the year. Congrats.

within a few years Canadian McDonalds will be able to purchase an automatic cooking machine and an automated order/pay machine at the same exact cost it would cost them to pay for an employee for a year, only they wont ever have to pay for the employee again.

>Implying we wont tax the shit out of automated job cuts in the near future
>implying current lower income people will be able to afford mcdonalds (their biggest customer base)
>implying i would ever use a glorified vending machine.

Yeah, especially if they gotta pay people 15 bucks an hour. Gonna hyperdrive AI

yes, I am implying all of this. I am also implying that future lower income people still wont be able to purchase McDonalds, except with government assistance.

>Always go through the auto checkout at the local walmart

>need to pick up some behind the counter stuff the other day so I use a cashier

>this Somali retard puts my pizza in one bag since that's all that would fit

>puts my other small items into another bag

>literally the one item I specifically went there for (a deodeterant) is nowhere to be found.

I'll never not use the personal checkout lane again. I'm guessing either this Somali totally forgot about it, or there it into an empty bag all by itself.

I mean it was only like 5$ so who cares. But God dam that was the only reason I went their in the first place. Just toss it in with all the other small shit

Then you have no idea how economics work, let alone (((liberal))) economics.

>deodeterant
what is this strange technology? a pest deterent? an underarm antiperspirant? Both in one?

>Somali

Theres your problem.

$15/hour in Canada is, what, about $4.50/hour converted to USD?

your right, taxing the shit out of automation is going to fix everything by allowing only large businesses to support automation while small family owned businesses have to deal with the ridiculously high minimum wage.

Its not going to fix it its the liberal response to it though.

implying big corporations would have to pay taxes lul

going have to tax them amounts that would kill most company's tho where they wont do automation. is a reason see most stores now days have self check outs, much easier to pay 1 guy to run 14 check outs vs 14 people.

Whos going to buy their burgers when most jobs have vanished and hardly anyone has a constant source of income?

come on guys, these people are politicians and they only want whats genuinely best for us

Yeah the southern US states are poor too, but they're still based. You have to choose between fat paychecks and living with neighbors you don't want to execute every time they open their mouths.

That's the economic collapse, or AI take over. Whichever comes first.

don't reply to the obama leaf.

you mean 15 CDN, not like fifteen actual dollars, right?

Yeah this economy is built on sand. The company owners can only automatize up until a certain point before it will bite them in the ass.

The economy and the general living standards will probably never get to where it was in the 80's. Well perhaps after a total collapse perhaps

Gotta rebuild it sometime!

>Living in Minnesota

That is my real problem. These Somali are spreading like wildfire.

I even had this black sales guy at my office go into a whole thing about Somalis at a company meeting one day and no one knew how to react. It was very awkward. Like should we agree with him, if so how much?

No one likes Somalis. This state is shit. I need out

What is that, like tree fiddy real dollars?

Good news, Trump banned somalis from immigrating to the US and the ban has no expiration date.

i'd have to look at a book cover to know for sure

A city and a province really can't be compared.

hehe

>you mean 15 CDN,
i think you mean TrueDOUGH