Does anything happy ever happen to him by the end of the manga?

Does anything happy ever happen to him by the end of the manga?

I recently watched all 25 episodes and just finished the Black Swordsman arc of the manga, and am onto volume 3 of Golden Age.

I knew the manga was supposed to be dark, but jesus fuck. It's like the darkest aspects of GoT mixed with Dark Souls.

Also, is the only consensual sex scene in the entire manga between Caska and Gutts? Cause o boy there sure is alotta rapin.

God dammit excuse the extended spoiler. I only thought I included the first sentence.

The first couple of volumes of the manga aren't the same quality as the rest, in both art and writing.

There are many slice of life moments once guts meets... some new people. Keep reading.

>Does anything happy ever happen to him by the end of the manga?
Unfortunately yes.

>the end of the manga

Is Gutts or Griffith considered to be the bigger fuckup by Sup Forums?

I know Gutts fucks the Band of the Hawk over by leaving, but Griffith basically what, loses it and turns full evil, joins God Hand, creates pseudo-utopia, and just keeps on keeping on?

>Does anything happy ever happen to him by the end of the manga

More characters get introduced and more crazy stuff happens. It gets pretty dark for Guts for a while there, but then he makes some new friends to accompany him on his journey. It's still a work in progress though, so that situation between guts, casca and griffith is not yet resolved. It's worth the read.

Wow didn't realized it wasn't finished...
Didn't it start around 95?

I'll definitely keep reading.

>for 3 silver coins

>I know Gutts fucks the Band of the Hawk over by leaving
There's nothing wrong with journeys of self discovery. Guts wanted to be his own man and follow his own dream instead of just following someone elses'. That's how a real man behaves.

While reading it I had fun analyzing each apostle he comes across. One thing I noticed is that, imho, they're fooled into giving up their most valued possession for a fake version of their deepest desire. That's just my personal take on the whole thing. I won't elaborate further to avoid typing spoilers. have fun!

Yea noticed that with the Count.

I also love how Gutts grabs the huge sword when hes young and Gambino remarks on how there are no kids swords, it makes it obvious why he prefers his giant sword; hes always used a sword bigger than himself.

Great stuff.

His life gets better and he gets some companions but his life is still pretty shitty.

>I know Gutts fucks the Band of the Hawk over by leaving
The Hawks were already set by then. They were well known around the city, they almost single-handedly won the hundred-year war, they (Griffith via Guts, mostly) had eliminated their internal opposition within the kingdom, and they were about to be inducted as the official army of Midland.

No matter what mental gymnastics anyone takes to rationalize his actions, Griffith fucked up. Not to mention his speech to Charlotte pretty much shows that Griffith didn't consider Guts an equal, further cementing the drift between them.

Who knows, maybe Casca would've eventually stopped being so tsundere and thrown herself at Guts if he had stayed behind.

After hearing the manga was coming back I decided to get back into it
I'm in the milennium falcon arc and man I fucking detest how well everything is going for Griffith and how everyone's swooning over him

More or less this, If Guts was such an essential member that removing him from the Hawk would destroy it, then Guts was the Hawk.

Griffith has always been evil. He doesn't blindly kill, but he will keep you around if you're a stepping stone between him and his dream.

So too were the branded Hawks, joining the God Hand, Griffith would sacrifice Void if the situation called for it.

>I'm in the milennium falcon arc and man I fucking detest how well everything is going for Griffith and how everyone's swooning over him
I know it's ridiculous to expect a conventionally "happy" ending for Berserk, but I at least have faith that Griffith is going to get what's coming to him in the end.

That is, if there's ever an end

I really hope Griffith gets some punishment if they're finishing up the manga.

They did a great job with portraying his charisma in the anime. I really fell for his tricks, even with Zodd trying to tell Gutts otherwise.

>wanting MORE POWER
>evil

I'm calling it, it will end in mutually assured destruction.

My own internal fanfic says that Guts will probably become a figure as powerful as Skull Knight or the God Hand by sheer force of will alone.

Casca will never recover.

Guts will probably succumb to his manifestation of rage, sacrifice his group, and all to destroy the God Hand that wronged him so deeply.

>tfw on Volume 30
>tfw still have no idea what the fuck is going on with Griffith's return, the (demonic!) Band of the Hawk, the Demon King of Kushan, or what that crazy blonde seer girl's endgame is

Yes, the writer has confirmed Guts will get a happy ending. All that happens is to show the struggle of the man. He's portrayed as a beast, and it's easy to tell why he's that way, but some scenes capture his sensitive, human side. Over time his shell cracks and he's brought back. It's a tragic tale of betrayal, greed, hardships, anything you can think of. To be honest it depressed the fuck out of me. The eclipse at least

do you think casca will ever become normal again?
what do you think needs to happen for her to snap out of it?

>what do you think needs to happen for her to snap out of it?
She probably just needs some good ol' Griffith D.

desu, I was thinking she just needed to get fucked hard again.

IT'S SUMMER MIURA WHERE'S THE NEW CHAPTER?

We've know for years what will heal Casca, he's just taking fucking forever to get there.

#makecascagreatagain

June 24th.

Soon™

Consiering what skull knight said it probably wont be a good thing bringing her memories back.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYTHING GOOD HAPPEN IN BERSERK EVER?

Hey, come on, SOMETIMES something good does happen. So when the bad stuff returns it hits harders.

RE:Zero's suffering is worse.

alpha

I'm fairly sure she's going to end up killing herself once she gets her memory back and then Guts is going to go even more berserk.

Sure it does.

He fucks a 10 years-old's witch, I'd say he's a pretty lucky guy.

There are a few more consensual sex scenes, if prostitution and demonic cults count.

The whore is unbelievably based and possibly even best waifu though.

Nope
And the upcoming berserk game will be shitty sengoku musou clone
Being Gutts is suffering

>that shit-eating smile
Fucking Griffith

That picture in the book is the same pose in which casca is raped by femto

Oh wow, I never saw that before. Thanks for being so enlightening, user-kun.

Oh fuck, your right. Griffith does the one on the left and Guts more or less does the one on the right. It's disturbing to think they both learned their moves from this book.

>2016
>not learning your moves from rape guro loli NTR hentai

>all those "subtle" hints Griffith was dropping through The Golden Age arc
>tfw you realise that Guts could have saved everything if he just gave Griffith the hard dicking he needed