Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1576

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Where is the cute OP though?

We made it 1500 threads without this shit

ぞい子たちを強姦したい

The double negatives in expressing what you must/have to do suck desu

i look at it like 'not doing is no good'

They're actually great. Everytime you encounter them while reading it's like you get a temporary reading speed boost

もう疲れた

アウウ娘どもを殺さなきゃ!

>ありやがんだ

Anyone know what this is meant to be? I was guessing it to be a compound verb, something like あり + やがむ maybe, but can't find anything like the such in any dictionary.

渡加

Slurred version of ある and やがる? Probably

>Slurred
Well yagaru was the only thing I could think of, but んだ? Really nips?

Slurred/contracted ありやがるんだ

Oh, that makes sense I guess.

Fuck off you insufferable sperg.

Japanese feels weird like that. You'll be reading and when glancing over long strings of familiar kanji it is like your eyes fly off in front till eventually slowed down by a drop off in grammatical direction and a wall of images, nouns, etc. then speeding back off again in short bursts. Almost as though the 'grammatical stuff' was merely directing your minds eye to the meaningful chunks of what is actually there, like a torch in the dark illuminating regions of an old house.

familiar kana*
as in like chunks of cached memory

i dont get that with vertical text yet..

Are you the person that wrote that description of 間 that was posted in the other thread

Most of my reading materials are manga and I have found text easier to read, likely due to the familiarity and associations I've formed with the form. A lot of anons reckon that grammar for the most part is something that you overcome a lot earlier than you may assume.

I wasn't in the last thread but what makes you ask?

われなにいうとんねん
いてこますぞ

If it's possible to learn kanji simply through vocab, then why do Japs, who should've seen them every single day for years and years, have to drill them through rote repetition to learn them?

I found this example in core2k:

彼は注射があまり好すきではありません。

He's not too fond of getting shots.

What is this supposed to mean? The phrase already means "he's not too fond of getting shots" without the ではありません so there must be an extra meaning to the phrase or something similar.

Acting like a manchild isn't something that dissolves when introduced to Japanese, user.

おはようおにいちゃん

東京大阪間、500キロメートルを
自動車で時速250キロメートルではしったら
なんじかんでとうちゃくするでしょーか?

Because they need to write them in their life and do the tests. You're most probably just a disgusting weeb who learns Japanese for H-content and everything you need is vocab and a bit of grammar.

>The phrase already means "he's not too fond of getting shots" without the ではありません
To clarify, are you saying that
>彼は注射があまり好き
Means "He's not too fond of getting shots", to you? Could you explain how you came to this conclusion?

もんくあっか?

I'll show you an even better magic trick. I'm going to make my dick disappear inside you.

2時間? でも、自動車で時速250キロメートルでは現実ないと思うよ

彼は (as for him) 注射が(shots are) あまり(not much) 好(likeable)

He's not too fond of getting shots.

>誠君
Hmm I wonder how that's pronounced
>Names — 522 found

Oh boy

Just go with Makoto-kun

Yeah that's a pretty nice one, I'll wait to see if there's any other mention of it before I randomly pick one though

あまり doesn't mean not.

That's not how あまり works, at all.

Afaik when Japanese people speed read they mainly look at the kanji, more or less ignoring the kana/grammatical parts.

Not his fault desu. It's the fault of shitty dictionaries defining amari as "(not) too much" just because it is often used with negatives; this trips up beginners a lot.

To an impartial third party (I never cared about OP picture either way), you seem like the real insufferable sperg, getting way to assblasted that somebody approves of and defends the old OP picture.

From an earlier thread:

I think was right on this. I finally got to そこで in the DoIJG and remembered my old question from Hanahira. From what I read, そこで seems to be reserved for a volitional reason for taking an action, so it doesn't seem it could mean "accordingly" in this case.

>Skipped my reps for 4 weeks
Time to either kill myself or even worse find a different hobby

how do i get a greasemonkey script to trigger after json updates a new post

everywhere i google talks about ajax instead

趣味ってゆうよりゃ生き甲斐やで

The words that are only implied are between parentheses. Not the dictionary's fault if he's too stupid to get it.

Isn't JSON just a data storage format?

i guess, im total noob and just used the inspector console to see what is causing post updates and hoped i could hijack that from the native extension(that requests it) as a trigger

あまり・あんまり is frequently found paired in negative verb clauses, which is where the "not too" part of the meaning comes from. 余り itself refers to a remainder value, of which as a modifier to 好き is how you get the notion of an amount of "liking something" with the negatively conjugated copular, basically defining that "amount of [liking something]" to be negative overall.
You will eventually see this negative construct again in the form of のあまり~ない. Japanese is an agglutinative language, which unlike English uses conjugations to more or less dictate the overall meaning of a clause.
The TL;DR is to pay extra attention to how the very conjugates in a sentence to get a hint as to how things like adverbs and other modifiers are altered in meaning. The patterns are common so if you pay more attention early, you'll come to feel them more intuitively sooner.

Learn what the spoiler function is used for, you fucking sperg.

>土産
Every fucking time. It's fine for weeks, and then one day I'm just like "uhh, どさん?" and it's back to nothing again.

Listen for ThreadUpdate events and whatever event type native uses. Or use MutationObserver.

just saw MutationObserver in a stackoverflow google, ill try that and threadupdate tomorrow cheers

Can you upload this deck somewhere.

Did you try center align (settings -> reviewing). What's your card template.

I don't have much problem learning Japanese but my penmanship. Getting that samurai-ish effect is almost impossible for me.

You need an authentic samurai pencil to do it.

Practice makes perfect.

Your き and the okurigana for 醜い are wrong.

Eh, lingosteve. Anyone on that level yet?

Handwritten き doesn't have the belly user

き is wrong?

Not him but his き is right. Just google some handwritting ppl tend to write it much worse.

Ohh I see

But you are wrong

>that feeling of できない when you fail a matue card

Read actual handwritten Japanese, user. It varies because people don't give a fuck.It doesn't fucking matter.

Is everyone here so focused on memorizing than writing?

This is true tho. But it's good to know how it's actually supposed to be written. Do whatever you want I guess but some of us want to have a neat handwriting.

Japanese people care about penmanship unfortunately. Once they flipped their shit after I showed them my handwritten research essay.

Yeah, no. It is "supposed" to be written like that in the same way the letter a is supposed to be written as "a". That's why I said read actual handwritting because it has nothing to do with neatness. Honestly there is very little more annoying than beginners trying to tell people what is "correct" when it is obvious that you have no real world experience and just like every fucking manchild you just want to be pointlessly "right" about something when it holds no real insight.

My handwriting is fine because I use it for actual communication with actual Japanese instead of being some sperg who has to "right on the Internet". Your guidance isn't necessary, champ.

>not 滅茶苦茶
One job.

autist from this thread needs to stop spamming shit about Sup Forums in Pekolulu streams

>Japanese people care about penmanship

I fucking wish

Okay but why are you so mad?

Are you the retard spamming in all caps?

nah
are you the "TOP KEK WHO BEST NEPU-NEPU" idiot?

No, I just opened the stream for the first time. Why are people calling her E3 chan?

Sup Forums found her somehow during a Dark Souls 3 DLC E3 announcement that was hosted on niconico - pure cancer ever since

>start reps
>get boner for no reason
>end up fapping when i finish them

whats wrong with me
this happens all the time

Me too, user. In fact I just now had to stop and rub one out before I had even finished my reps. I think my mind is developing a Pavlovian erotic attraction to Anki.

how do we stop it?

Why stop it? Embrace it.

Write an add-on that shows you dicks for every 2 cards you get wrong.

>2 years later
>come back gay

I wish I was born gay. Men are superior to whiny bitches.

>look at dicks to STOP being aroused
>thinks dicks are gay

I remember when I was this innocent.

I don't

>目が覚める
Why does this expression exist? Not only is it longer to say than just "wake up" (覚める), but it doesn't even make sense.

you know how in movies when people are confused or hallucinating they rub their eyes with their hands to try and wake up

yeah

I could say the same thing about any english phrase or figure of speech.

At the end of the day, having more ways to describe an action is a good thing because it gives writers more avenues to keep their writing fresh.

For .

>to wake up or snap out of it
Your eyes can be open without being fully awake.

How long have you been at that for?