Why has medical science fallen so far behind?

Why has medical science fallen so far behind?

It's completely stagnated. There is a mounting pile of issues which need to be resolved, which could have been resolved decades ago.

It's actually scary when you consider how primitive of state we are in. It's truly depraving.

What can we do to fix this?
I don't want my life to be dependent on paying a considerable sum of money. Fuck that.
I don't want "cures" which are manageable like modern AIDS, which are only an excuse to pay long term medication fees, and don't actually cure anything.

Who the fuck is managing this system?
It's the most critical thing for humanity, and being crippled by capitalism, government elites, and others.
How is this even acceptable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G7P4iFg048k
theoccidentalobserver.net/2017/09/05/bad-medicine-the-sickening-truth-about-britains-foreign-doctorsbad-medicine-the-sickening-truth-about-britains-foreign-doctors/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Gelsinger
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

>unis look for more than just grades
>research stalls
Hm, wonder why. Also
>academia has becoming autofellatio "I can signal harder than you but in a good way because I would hate to be a microaggressor" central

science has been completely taken over by the jewish left and has become an unholy cult at worst and a political agenda vehicle at best. either way, completely untrustworthy. lauren southern did a great vid on this

Probably because the inventions created are kept hidden

>OP is a whiny bitch

for the financial benefit of the elites of course. so they can sell us inferior medicine rather than cure a disease altogether and lose money

or like, just stop being a fucking kike

do you think it's impossible for this nation to reinstate the maximum wage?

this kills the jew

youtube.com/watch?v=G7P4iFg048k

>science is difficult
>"WAH IT'S ALL A JEWISH TRICK!"

I'm pretty sure that rambling about social justice would more likely than not disqualify a candidate for an advanced degree in immunology, genetics, or pharmaceutical chemistry.

Because it's more profitable to treat something than it is to cure it.

i'm telling you lads, rome was not the past

we are digging up our own future

it feels like this is the case for a lot of technology

what have we really accomplished in the past 20 years? stuff we already had is a little smaller and a little bit faster. yippee

Come to any UC and learn the beauty of any liberal university. Anyways, my point was more that their politics cause them to pick poor candidates. Meritocracy is all but dead.

Because it’s more profitable to treat fat fucks that can’t control themselves with diabeetus medication, dialysis treatment, insulin, and all the wonderful things your average American lard ass needs to keep from keeling over and dying. Medicine is quite honestly the greatest racket ever created.

i already know. if you don't talk politics with your colleagues and ignore the undergrads, that effectively solves the problem

there is nothing more decedent than laser etched and polished slab of jasper of the most high and rare quality.
the same goes with marble

a greek/roman city-center looked over 10 times more impressive than anything in this modern age, and the next hundred years to come

its over, we are lost

>be in medical school
>4 years of undergrad, 4 years of med schools, 3+ years of residency
And my reward for all of this will be a 130k salary with 250k in debt with 7% interest. I will likely be in a shitty job situation for multiple years. By the time I'm fucking 40ish I might finally have a good quality if life, but when the fuck will I have time to research? When I finally have the time, why would I bother?

Alternatively
>a fucking PhD

Nobody with business sense would pay the toll for this meme degree, it totally stifles innovation
It's really hard to bring people in. It's becoming endlessly more expensive to develop new drugs due to the time and testing required. I fully expect developments to come in countries where there's fewer laws.

I don't get what you are trying to say.. you're saying rome is in our future? then how the hell would we be digging it up right now?

Med fag here. All of the easy problems have been solved. The ones that remain are complex and require tons of technology to accomplish. Ever heard the one about increasing input, yielding less results beyond a certain threshold? We are there, the major systems have been defined, and now its up to us to dig deeper, and deeper still, to find the nuances.

Plus so much is going on you really don't have any ability to process what is going on in anything beyond a certain field. The gestalt shows progress and tons of it. If you don't like it, start using crystals to heal your cancer you hippy faggot.

Orthopedics? Leaps and bounds in 20 years.
Cancer? Monoclonal therapies didn't exist 20 years ago.
Genetic Disease? Gene therapies are in their infancy
AIDS? Basically solved if you arent a complete retard who cant take a pill once a day

A human is a complex machine and we JUST started looking into it. Biology even in the last 5 years has been revolutionized by micro-array technology and on chip technology.

Meanwhile genetic databases are being built and we are brute forcing the human genome. We will find what leads to what weakness. Within 20 years there will be chip style disposable micro arrays that test for a number of genetic markers. Based on that data a patient will have a regimen of drugs picked out for them. Maybe they have this or that enzyme, making this or that drug more/less effective.

It's a glorious time to be alive and technology is only getting better. We might not reach immortality in our lifetime, but we will see some amazing shit.

I couldn't take the eeucational institution anymore so I dropped it after my bachelor's. Huge waste of time and money, even when i cut out that kind of crap.

>Why has medical science fallen so far behind?
Bioethics. You can't experiment on humans and animals anymore without approval of a bunch of leftists, Also, money from globalist pharmaceutical industries. If those big nosed fellas don't approve, you won't receive a dime.

Not enough focus in mycology. It's like we discovered penicillin, tinkered around with a few similar things and then said fuck fungi

Innovation per capita peaked in 1880 or some shit, real technology stopped being developed in the 1970's, everything now is just improvements to computers developed 1945-1970, even in the last 10 years everything is still pretty much the same just higher resolution screens and more bloated software, the idea of a singularity is the ultimate meme our civilization is at the point of diminishing returns and eventual collapse

you're an idiot if you actually think medical science has stagnated.

>And my reward for all of this will be a 130k salary
What kind of American doctor only makes 130k a year

only reason Medical Science advanced in the twentieth century was war and concentration camps.

We have had neither in the 21st century so far

Spoken like someone who has never made a lot of money. Nobody ever got rich by working bud. That's never been how it worked.

You have to be into a lot of shit to be rich, the job isnt over after the 9-5. You figure out how to put your spend your money wisely, how to manipulate credit, how to leverage the security that your career provides you, how to shelter money, buy property, invest. All of this in the background of you working. Work hard, work smart, die rich and your kids live a better life than you did. You still die but the whole point is potentiating momentum for the next generation. They live better, you pay for their college, they dont have any debt, they start investing earlier, etc etc.

Can totally tell you aren't med material, with that pussy ass defeatist attitude.

you really think they hand't figure that same exact thing out huh?

still not impressed by ancient greek and rome?

rome buried all that shit for us, then all suddenly disappeared into the night, probably on a giant ship. a super massive ocean fairing boat. they left the eastern roman empire in charge as a makeshift government

Comic too real. I dread having to deal with people who have no insurance. They are the worst cry babies, never follow advice, usually complete fucking scum. Most of them could not be bothered from their complete monotony to take a pill and save their own lives. Nothing is more infuriating than a diabetic who will not put down the cake.

All the low-hanging fruit has been snapped up. We can refine a lot, and there may be more cures hidden here or there, but without major improvements in our understanding of human biochemistry and physiology our current approach is hitting on diminishing returns.

>There is a mounting pile of issues... How is this acceptable?

Here's a redpill for you. There's no conspiracy. Anyone who was able to bring a genuine cure to market like that would be on it like flies on rotting fruit, since it'll let them completely dominate an entire sector of the market for as long as the patent lasts (which in pharma isn't very long, when compared to things like media)
because who the fuck would bother with 'managing' their disease when there's an outright fix available? And even when the patent does expire, the company that brought it to market still keeps the lion's share on into the future as people choose or are offered 'brand name' over generic. The only obstruction that government provides is stopping companies from shoveling cures that either don't work, or are worse than the disease. It's very common for example for a prospective drug to work properly against its target but also completely destroy the patient's liver, kidneys, or both. These failures are costly too. It takes many millions of dollars to bring a drug from a whiteboard in a medicinal chemistry lab to shelves in a pharmacy, and the vast majority that start on the process don't make it to the end. Free enterprise is the only way to raise that kind of capital, with that kind of risk. The industry does have problems, but what you're asking for is a pie in the sky. You may as well be complaining about how clean, efficient fusion power is always 20 years away.

It hasn't.

Amazing things are happening in medical science and biotech; major breakthroughs have been made in just the past few years in fields like gene editing (CRISPR), as well as inducing stem cells to revert and re-differentiate. Its still a few years before any of these things are truly ready for prime time, but if you pay attention, cancer survival rates are going up, and bigger things are coming sooner than you might have expected.

>It's completely stagnated.
Your "diversity" killed college standards.
Colleges are filled with mediocre retards who are only good at get in debt.
All the equality and genre equality faggotery needs to be purged and become taboo.

>We might not reach immortality in our lifetime, but we will see some amazing shit.

WE wont see shit. None of this will reach the public

> I dread having to deal with people who have no insurance
This is why public health is stupid: everyone pays so people will waste by not following what medics say and filling casualties with fake complains so they can have a day off, while people who really need die waiting. Don't fall for it.

Massive State regulations keeping competition down -> less need to stay bleeding edge to get a leg up on competition -> less money invested into R&D -> Less R&D
The money instead gets invested into crony deals with State backed insurance firms to make an absolute killing on mundane procedures all at the expense of the tax payer.

>It's very common for example for a prospective drug to work properly against its target but also completely destroy the patient's liver, kidneys, or both
I wish my dad had known this. Interferon pretty much killed him.

Curing AIDS was a mistake.

It was natural selection for faggots and niggers.

and now, as we ascend into gods, it is our duty to plant new seeds, to grow as we did, as a species of pathetic insufferable fools, slaves to the rich.
we are entertainment

Mostly, a surplus of snake oil that needs to be filtered out. For every miracle cures there's 4 false positives and 5 out right lies. FDA approval takes years because of how long it takes to study long term effects.

Did you know that doctors used to proscribe heroin? It was considered a non-addictive alternative to Morphine no less.

I agree

If you look at serious illnesses which you can't help like cancer, MS, ALS etc then modern medicine can't do anything for you

The stuff we know how to cure is trivial

>>academia has becoming autofellatio "I can signal harder than you but in a good way because I would hate to be a microaggressor" central

PC issues like that are not a problem at all in the life sciences since they're not related to the actual subject matter we're concerned with. What is a problem is the lack of meritocracy.

I always imagine all the amazing research that must be accomplished by illegal human experimentation in China. They'd never share those conclusions.

>cancer survival rates are going up

I think that's mainly because imaging and surgical techniques have improved greatly

So cancers can be removed but they often can't remove entire tumours and they inevitably grow back in more aggressive forms

I don't think medical onoclogy itself is making much progress

I'm sorry user. Yet even with 1/3 of people given it getting hepatitis it's still one of the best ways to treat a while bunch of nasty diseases like MS or leukemia. There's a whole whole range of diseases where therapies are like that, from amphoceterin B used to treat major fungal infections, to pretty much every anti-psychotic.

Not so. The problem isn't regulation, but technical challenges. There's a naturally high barrier to entry because conducting research is expensive. Even more so because only about 10% of compounds that enter clinical trials actually pass them. That's not because of excessive regulation, it just turns out that whatever it is doesn't work well enough to be worth selling, or does work but has side effects that are as bad or worse than than the disease they're trying to treat, and there therefore... not worth selling. Look into things like bitopertin or darapladib for examples of this. Sound science based on we knew at the time, but it turned out not working. Deregulating doesn't do anything in this industry but hurt the consumer and cause even more money to be wasted.

This is so true here in Denmark. The reason here is because the healthcare system is severely overloaded.

I know it wasnt clear in my first post but this is closer to what I mean.

I'm much more in agreement with that. The politics don't actually ruin the discipline itself like they do with philosophy. the issue is that they choose inferior students.

I think the reason that this works out in American universities is that they control the publishing houses. American universities make money off overcharging American students for inferior quality education and maintain their reputation by exploiting superior students educated in countries that still emphasize physics and mathematics. They take the crème de la crème of smart students from meritocratic countries (like Eastern/central Europe for physics, asia for chem/bio, Russia for math, etc.), let them do all the hard work in their labs, then credit their publications to the poorly educated American graduates.

Oh absolutely. What will always get me most of all, though, is the fact that administrators make millions and then turn around and cey for more funding. This shit is for profit business. It's time to treat it like one. Leftists hate capitalism but love universities, go fig.

20 years ago a triple bypass heart surgery required weeks of recovery time. Now it only requires a couple of days and youre out of the hospital

None of this technology is ready yet, and once it is, we will first market it 20-30 years later. Look at Artemesia, a plant is known to have antimalerial properties, took us 32 years to understand how it works. Rediculous! Medical field know nothing 100% that is the truth.

>The stuff we know how to cure is trivial

I dunno, knocking off smallpox and cholera off the top 10 killers of man list is pretty significant,

Big pharma is not about curing diseases really, it's all about treating symptoms and ignoring the underlying issues. There's already a cure for cancer, many actually but it will never be advertised by the industry. The best medicine is a good diet free from processed sugar shit and gmos, lots of veggies, there's also natural medicine like reishi mushroom and cannabis

Those illnesses can be cured by vitamin d3 and iodine

Stay away from doctors unless you absolutely need them, and then demand someone "trained domestically." You have the right to refuse care as long as you are conscious.
>I'M A DOCTOR -- TOUCH MY DICK!
theoccidentalobserver.net/2017/09/05/bad-medicine-the-sickening-truth-about-britains-foreign-doctorsbad-medicine-the-sickening-truth-about-britains-foreign-doctors/

I don't think we're on the same page at all

I don't see the introduction of vaccines (which is simple science) and the advent of basic hygiene as significant

Yeah and weed cures cancer

>post no evidence of medical science falling behind
You need to leave

Soon.jpg

>dependent on paying a considerable sum of money.
>only an excuse to pay long term medication fees, and don't actually cure anything.
>Who the fuck is managing this system?
you answered your own question.

who benefits from this?

>None of this technology is ready yet, and once it is, we will first market it 20-30 years later. Look at Artemesia, a plant is known to have antimalerial properties, took us 32 years to understand how it works. Rediculous! Medical field know nothing 100% that is the truth.

I never said it was ready, I said technology has not stagnated and all of the low hanging fruit has been picked. You obviously aren't a STEM worker or you would understand how fucking hard and thorough research is in this day and age. Shut the fuck up and back in the salt mine you dirty plebe. You can spew your ignorance there among the mole people.

Might as well get some crystals so you can align your aura while your at it eh bro?

The only thing that has really improved in 100 years is information technology .

We still drive cars.

Food is actually worse

Has clothing improved?

Have houses improved?

Have human relations and government improved?

Have race or general relations improved?

Has wealth distribution become more fair?

Information technology improvement is an extreme outlier compared to anything else.

CORPORATE GREED
It is far more profitable to treat rather than cure.
Things like oncophages are virtually unheard of for one example.
>imagine a cocktail of virus and bacteria that attack and destroy cancer cells learn that one such was developed almost a century ago. A cancer cure that is cheap with few side effects.

>Far more profitable to treat rather than cure.

Such a dumb meme. You have to understand the root cause to cure something. The only thing we understand clearly are micro-organisms. The rest is a mystery at this point in time but it will not be eventually.

PS whats the magic cancer cure you found in africa?

No profit in permanent cures

Has to do with the patent minefield. Lots of new potential tech has to utilize ideas of previous tech. Except thanks to patents that last up to a century they can't so they have to make it fully unique aka reinvent the wheel. This adds decades to development time.

Where the research and results get good, that's where helping people ends and becoming a government worker and government property begins. How much do you here about advancements in regards to studying the brain? Sure, there are plenty of papers, still-try finding out how your brain works and then look into what they can do with it. Basic shit is all you'll find. Whatever

> You have to understand the root cause to cure something.
I'm not at all sure that is true in all cases user
>implying Ignaz Semmelweis understood the cause of disease

>The only thing we understand clearly
quite a bit is still a mystery user

I'm a resident physician who has been studying the whole medical field since I was fairly young and looking at both standard and alternative medical approaches.
My basic opinion is that the entire medical system was designed monopolize a life essential resource so that the maximum amount of money and control that could be squeezed out of the population is. This started in the 1900s when the rockefellers bought the AMA and with the flexner report that shut down most competitors to M.D.'s.

In addition to that, people, even those smart enough to be doctors are a lot stupid than you'd expect in certain ways. In addition research is highly highly politicized.

What that all means is that frequently effective therapies are developed. If they threaten an existing business model they get scrapped. I know of a lot of therapies that were shown with research to be way better than anything on the market, and they all got kept from seeing the light of day. It's a pretty common pattern.

On a personality level, doctors tend to just get very bitchy and upset if they are confronted with something outside of their training. As a medical student I got in a lot of trouble for gently suggesting the actual cause of patient illnesses and or treatments that would work (as what we were doing was not).

Scientific research is as well. A lot of basic beliefs that are established in western medicine (ie. that LDL cholesterol is bad for you and needs to be aggressively lowered) are completely retarded and contradicted by the majority of good evidence. Yet evidence to support that idea is picked out, most patients are encouraged to go on statins (which have a lot of side effects) and people go hysterical about the idea you could suggest they don't need them.

The big issue with western medicine is that it has no market motivation to produce results since there are so many laws and structures in place that keep it in power.

How the fuck do you get that much Sodium in a fucking milkshake?!

It's because we are wasting so much money on women and faggots that scream the loudest as they die from rotting reproductive organs.

As a result, people constantly come up with ways to make people pay more and more $ for medical services they need to use indefinitely and you just get sicker and sicker people and more and more money spent.

I view a lot of this whole health care debate as a huge marketing ploy that is designed to reinforce the premise more medical care leads to better life essentially health outcomes (which isn't true) by having both sides that argue take that as a premise and instead debate how to pay for it.

So basically until financial reinbursement is tied to getting results, it will never fix, and all the laws we have make that impossible.

Virtually every physician (or non doctor such as acupuncturist) who is seperate from insurance and only has patients come to them because they get results is forced to practice much better medicine and come up with innovative things that fix people's actual problems (which is what it has been for most of history).

So to recap:
1) current medical system was designed to cost more and have more and more people need it.
2) current medical system is doing what it was designed to.
3) expecting current medical system to develop actual therapies for diseases that make a lot of money is completely unreleastic.
4) Medical science and the minds of doctors are extremely inflexible towards going at all outside of the box, which is an excellent safeguard against anything that breaks medical monopolies showing up.
5) The ammount of corruption in the medical field is almost comical, and there is a book called Deadly Medicines and Organized Crimes that shows the best summary I know of.
6) Even though I am a doctor, I would not take 95-99% of all prescribed medications.

*prescribed in an outpatient setting

They should just create robot doctors who diagnose you automatically and send all the MDs into research. Instead they're all in patient care and diagnosing random illnesses with zero research. Literally everything that was around in 1985 is not changed at all in the past 32 years with no improvement.

>It's truly depraving

Jesus Christ, learn proper English before you create threads, moron!

To be fair most pills are given for psychiatric reasons and people are too used to seeing those do nothing helpful for others.

Pediatrics

>I know of a lot of therapies that were shown with research to be way better than anything on the market, and they all got kept from seeing the light of day.
like what?

Bitch we have not cured cancer. All we can really do is shoot laser beams at you and hope you die slower which in my opinion is even worse than the actual disease. I have known a dozen people who have been diagnosed with cancer, one of them caught it "stupid early" and now has a fake breast. Another needs $600 worth of pills a month to fucking move. most of the others had "chances" from 1/4 to 1/3 and just lingered on their deathbeds for 2-4 months. This is not medicine, this is a scam.

Commercialism
Huge corporations with monopolies
Russia/East-Bloc doesn't contribute to Sicence anymore, since the fall of USSR

Okay, everybody else in this thread shut the fuck up because for once this is my actual career.

1. Medical science has not fallen "so far" behind. Life expectancy has be gradually increasing by about 1/4th a year for every actually year. Some predict it to decrease or level off due to Amerifattening, but we are increasingly finding ways to deal with it.

2. Drug trials are insanely difficult. You can actually do about 1000 drug trials in mice and not help lifespan or healthspan more than someone has already done. We are mortals and there does not seem to be a good way to deal with it, probably because of multiple morbidity (that means if you don't die of one thing, something else will get you). In humans it's even harder because of PC culture. You can't just do whatever you want, so the average drug approval ends up costing $2 billion per new drug. China will be killing us on this as soon as they get their head out of their ass and stop faking trials, simply because they aren't as PC about caring about the well being of everyone.

3. Aging is the underlying cause of death for most people. We've managed to get people to old age with antibiotics, chemo, and cholesterol modifications. At that point, of course you can't do shit because you have to literally cure aging. Scientist are now working on it, but it's extremely difficult.

Spoken like a true keyboard warrior.

They abandoned hermeticism in favor of materialism

You're just wrong. If you cured heart disease completely, life span will only increase by about 5 years. That's because most people with chronic disease are old. If you stop one disease, another will kill them shortly.

Big Pharma and corps holding everything back
They snuff out competition

>I don't want "cures" which are manageable like modern AIDS

Also, just FYI, there are multiple forms of HIV. We're close to a vaccine for the major types, but it's never getting cured in your lifetime bub.

TFW you will never be able to go ham on the African continent

this
+fda approval is fucking hard to get
+more on more cancer is diagnosed because of preventive measures
+new drugs are expensive as fuck and even rich countries like USA cant afford them

life expectancy with AIDS is now almost the same as without (if u agree on taking pills)

Why cure you when there is money to be made keeping you sick? Cures are for the elite. Seriously there are so many biotech advancements cucked in the system.

you are delusional

Because I can charge billions for the period I have the patent and blow my competition out of the water. Retards in India copy our drugs all the time, if we get something that works we fucking market it

Another answer that might interest you guys. A next generation treatment is gene therapy.

This fucker right here died in a gene therapy trial, so the FDA literally shit on anyone wanting to do another gene therapy trial for 20 years. The researchers didn't report that some monkeys died from the treatment, which would have prevented his death because the trial would have been ended, just like any normal trial.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Gelsinger

you're the jewiest jew that ever jewed

Ignoring the US most first world countries have free health care so wouldn't they be more interested in curing ailments.

>Probably because the inventions created are kept hidden
Why did Steve Jobs die of cancer then?

the problem is that we have a rock in the shoe and instead of taking the rock out we are taking medications that take care of the after effects

>Oh whats that you have high blood pressure? here take these pills
>Oh you are depressed? here take these anti depressants
>Oh your kid is doing bad in schools, here pump your kid with mind altering pills
>your obese huh? oh nelly what should we do?

*"die"