The Wraith Arc

So let's talk about the wraith arc. No fighting, no insults, no bullshit, just real serious stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

the-artifice.com/madoka-magica-movie-3-rebellion-2013-ending/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think it sucks. Fanfic plot.

fuck you

Same to you

I just want w.a to be over so we can move on...

But that user is correct. It tries to be way more than it is. Rather than just telling a story of Homura succumbing to despair, we have a pointless "threat to the balance of the universe" thing going on that doesn't feel appropriate for what's being told.

Madoka never loved Homura. Here's the proof. Madoka lied to her in episode 12 about being her friend. She saw how evil she was but was tripping on hope, so she thought faking friendship could save Homura.

Homura loves no one and is obsesssed with owning Madoka and abusing her kindness like an addiction. Homura consistently ruins the lives of and MURDERS those around her. She never suffers, she causes suffering. Madoka regrets saving this monster and wants badly to kill her.

Homura is the most hated character in both Japan and overseas.
Homura killed the franchise, it no longer sells high numbers of merchandise.
Madoka and all characters were ruined.
Even the staff hates Homura.

Homura fucked a wraith out of obsessive, hateful lust and has fucked over everyone else who tried to be her friend out of pity. She deserves the suffering death coming her way.

I hope you never forget these facts, and I suggest you post them whenever you can. I can't remind the degenerates all day every day, so remember to attack all homuposters and yuri.

Thank you, and let's all HATE Homura.

this story is pulling off a naruto, honestly! stop dragging stuff and be done with it!

MADOKA
IS
SHIT

I agree with most of your post (although it could have been worded in a more civil manner), apart from the Madoka faking her feelings towards Homura. It's true that she never "loved" Homura, but she legitimately was friends with her at certain points in the story, thus caring for her, but on a friend-level obviously. Homura is a different story and is all kinds of crazy in the head. Madoka is actual one of the more rational characters in the franchise; this should be noted considering, just as Kyubey pointed out, that girls her age are the most emotionally unstable. She is also very understanding. Madoka, for me personally, is the only likable character in the series.

Homura is love

Have you considered killing yourself?

The manga is building up the idea that Homura had the potential to become Akuma Homura since the moment she landed in Madoka's world. That's why the Majuu can feel Homura's power is extremity dangerous somehow and could threat the balance of the universe (which it ultimately does in the movie).

When you think about it that way, what the manga's doing isn't really that inappropriate.

We already knew that though. She became the new focal point due to the non-existence of Madoka. That's why she inhereited her bow. Did we really need a fan fiction tier manga to explain that to us?

Nope! Madoka is confirmed to have never cared about Homura and only ever showed her kindness out of pity. Homura is an inhumane monster who embodies all the evils of the world and Madoka knows it. Madoka simply had to rely on that ROTTEN GOOD FOR NOTHING CUNT only because she had time powers. Just so happens Homura hates everyone and can never, ever save anyone because she's pure evil and obsessed with owning and abusing Madoka. Madoka will enjoy butchering her.

Exactly which part of my post dissatisfies you?
Get back to me when you're ready to properly discuss the characters and not troll.

>Did we really need a fan fiction tier manga to explain that to us?
It's fanfiction tier because you don't like it. And whether we needed it isn't the point anyway. Homu's pretty popular in Japan and the period of time it focuses on is an unexplored gap so it basically writes itself.

I personally don't think we need a second season anime, for instance, but it's happening anyway.

>It's true that she never "loved" Homura, but she legitimately was friends with her at certain points in the story, thus caring for her, but on a friend-level obviously.
She says she wants to spend eternity with Homura 3 different times during Rebellion, considers saving and being able to be Homura's friend the thing that gave her life meaning, and pretty much says she doesn't care what Homura does because her acceptance of her is unconditional. That's NanoFate "friendship", not friendship.

They should have ended the series how Urobuchi originally planned, i.e. Homura ascending into heaven/universal void/whatever with Madoka. Everything that happens after that point is unnecessary. Just goes to show how money and greed ruins things even in art.

I do believe that a lot of that is in fact pity and emotional support towards Homura on Madoka's part.

Homura's heart is broken and based on Sayaka being munched by that Wraith in the concept movie, so it her's. Whose heart will Madoka heal?

I'm a bit worried. It's going to be incredibly hard to make a continuation that's as good as the original. And the way Rebellion ended makes any kind of continuation very hard to pull.

>It's fanfiction tier because you don't like it.
It's fan fiction tier because it's bad. Are you going to sit here and defend it's quality writing?

>I personally don't think we need a second season anime, for instance, but it's happening anyway.
The thing that was set up for and promised in Rebellion? Okay.

>They should have ended the series how Urobuchi originally planned
This fucking meme.

>I do believe that a lot of that is in fact pity
Did you even watch the show?

You're right to be worried. Not saying it will flop, but don't have high expectations for it. The continuation solely exists through the purpose of milking the franchise. The original idea is already no more, they would have to try real hard to make the story interesting (or relevant) now.

2 hour movie full of melodrama and fan service that ends on a canon MadoHomu lovers suicide note. Are you really expecting anything else other than a feels trip?

>This fucking meme.

It's not a meme you hopeless sperg.

>Writer Gen Urobuchi stated in the planning stages of Rebellion his idea was to end the film with Homura being taken away with Madoka to the Heavens. “I thought the story would end this time for real!” he laughs. However, the producer and director insisted the story should continue, leaving Urobuchi with little choice. “I really feel that Madoka doesn’t just belong to me anymore” Urobuchi says. It was the director who suggested the upcoming twist.

the-artifice.com/madoka-magica-movie-3-rebellion-2013-ending/

There's more than one source on this.

>It's fan fiction tier because it's bad.
That sure is a good argument.

>The thing that was set up for and promised in Rebellion?
Despite the sequel hook, Rebellion doesn't really have an open ending. Besides, I like the overall message of an ending like that.

I don't know why. I honestly don't know.
Honestly question, why the hell does Homura even like Madoka? So she saved her in the first timeline, so what!? Mami saved her too, ya know. Besides, Madoka is crying most of the time, and she barely uses her brain. On top of that, Madoka is so UGLY! Ugh, has anyone even noticed carefully? Madoka's face is so below average.

The only ugly character in the series is Homura, especially with her glasses+braids look. Nice trolling though, I can see you continuing posting in this thread, retard.

And to answer your question; Madoka was the only one that accepted the nerd and was nice to her when she transferred in. Homura's feeling developed gradually towards her.

>The only ugly character is the series is Homura
Actually, she's considered the most beautiful, mind you, dumbass. Second, like it or not, Madoka truly is ugly, not at all special, just an unattractive coward. Hell, she knows that herself as well, that's why she aspired to be someone as powerful and beautiful as Mami. As for Homura, Sayaka gasped out how beautiful she was when Homura stepped in, and Madoka always blushes when she's around. Mami even acknowledges her beauty when she sees her in rebellion manga with her hair down. What's your point? It's obvious you're the one trolling here.

I suggest you get your eyes checked, samefag.

Insulting me instead of rebutting with a well structured argument? Pitiful, truly pitiful. My sympathy is with you, may you snap out of your highly toxic behavior and behave like a normal human being should.

Your neckbeard is showing.

I'm not the same user, you faggot. Get your brain checked, asshole.

Original Homura: Madoka helps her out of her shell, gives her novel social experiences.

Link the Fire Homura: Madoka is not a person, only a series of tasks and obstructions. Every aspect of Madoka's personality gives Homura grief, from her naivety to her selflessness that makes doing the bullying necessary to give her better odds of survival that much harder. Nothing but a burden.

AI YO: Madoka is a doll, everyone is a doll, this is so much easier to manage now.

Your idiocy is sparkling.

It could be bad and ruin everything. But it could be good too.
Even though some simple-minded people rage about its ending, Rebellion was every bit as good as the original series, if not better.

Dubious websites copying the same meme doesn't mean the meme is real.

Don't reply to the troll.

Back to >>>/reddit/ you go then.

Just started watching Princess TuTu. Holy shit, the new Madoka project IS going to be Princess TuTu.

Reminder that Rebellion is glorified fanfiction and Japan rejected it. They all want Homura to suffer horribly and die for abusing Madoka's kind heart.

Have the years of half finished LN adaptations and inconclusive OVAs left Sup Forumsutists incapable of knowing when a story is complete or not?

>Homura: I'll keep wishing for a world where you can be happy
>Madoka in concept movie
>Anata wa... watashi ga...
>Anata wa Watashi ga koko ni iru kara ureshii des!
>It brings me joy within to be here with you!/Im happy to be with you!

What a fucking surprise.

Atleast this one isn't as delusional as pic related

Is it finshed? I don't want to read it till it finishes.

>Everything that happens after that point is unnecessary. Just goes to show how money and greed ruins things even in art.
Just edit the film yourself and make it like so:
>Madoka and the gang fight to save Homura
>Madoka enters Homura's consciousness and tells her not to give up
>Homura realizes Madoka still accepts her
>Homura realizes the only thing she really wants is to be by Madoka's side and is no longer afraid of dying
>Cut right at the point Madoka says "From now on, we'll be together forever" as she's descending
>Fade to white
>Replace the rest of the film with the final credits for Eternal or the series.
>Replace Your Silver Garden with Connect or Falling Light

Oh, good.
Now you have a perfectly flat and forgettable movie.

If you think that character development and symbolism through all 3 movies is "flat and forgettable" than you are a 15 year old that can't comprehend mature things.
That last part of Rebellion is nothing but a fanfiction-tier edgefest.

I've only read the first two chapters but I do like it so far. I should probably leave to avoid spoilers though.

My bigger problem with Rebellion was that they had no fucking clue where to go with it afterwards.

Kill yourself Bebe. The thread was on page 10 and headed right where it belonged.

>they had no fucking clue where to go with it afterwards

Even if it was not Gen's original idea Rebellion was great.

Gen struck gold with Madoka, but his other series are mediocre. Counting that every Madoka scenario written by him is going to be amazing is just silly.