strawpoll.me/10501269/
strawpoll.me/10501621
youtube.com/watch?v=KoMzSqVzAvE
youtube.com/watch?v=nx5ozXo9alQ
vocaroo.com/i/s1QDuWYFl9g8
youtube.com/watch?v=NkgJ9oAQtKk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

strawpoll.me/10501269/

When are gonna see Machi luckedup in Hisokas clown rape cave where he fills her with as much Bongee cum as he'd like?

My dick get's hard just thinking about her piss off expansion

strawpoll.me/10501621

youtube.com/watch?v=KoMzSqVzAvE

This would be a great song for the tense moments in the boat ride.

show
don't
tell

A character in a visual comic literally just stands there and describes in static text bubbles, including some panels with nothing else in them, what a real author would describe in actual scenes and actions.

This is a chronic problem with this series, but it hasn't really reached the level where it bothers me so much since the nen training arcs.

Does Pika have a girlfriend?

Is too much reading hurting your brain?

That's actually very fitting

I guarantee if any other mangaka did this, their editor would slap it right the fuck down.

It hurts my enjoyment of the comic. This is a basic thing that any author learns. You can sell something better by showing what's happening than saying "hey, this thing happened." You can give it actual impact and character.

You better protect him with your life Biscuit.

I would genuinely prefer Ging as the MC of this arc, because it will be related to ruins, exploration and hunting. Kurapika is playing sherlock holmes x Sasuke, Leorio has nothing to do with the whole theme of Hunters and he really had no business at all being in the Zodiacs, while Ging is obviously the should-have-been focus of this arc.

Not the shitty Troupe, not Kurapika's antics, not Leorio's bullshit, it's about traveling to and exploring a new continent - Beyond/Ging or bust.

I know this might be hard for you to understand, but they won't be reaching the Dark Continent for a while.

t. Killuafag

No thanks.
Ging has been pretty boring compared to everything else happening.

I just hated the "that person" trope; I hope it fucking dies.

I watched the 99 Yorkshin, it looked pretty nice but it's very overrated over here.
I feel like Pika vs Uvo was done better in 11, but Zoldycks vs Chrollo was definitely better in 99. Some things were weird, like Dalzollene being missing at the scene where he's supposed to stop Pika from fighting spiders when he was there in the manga.
Feitan's 99 voice is godawful what were they thinking

and we can still get A LOT of world building out of Ging in the meantime till we reach it, which we will never get out of Kurapika. He's fucking trying to get a prince's mother in a safe place, how is that interesting

fuck off with this meme, I don't care about Killua, Gon is the only good MC of HxH. And now Ging has potential. Kurapika had his highlight in York Shin and it was enough. You know it's not interesting when the only reason I'm interested in Kurapika being in this arc is because this opens doors to finding out stuff about the Tserprince.

Prince Woble is actually a girl.

>show don't tell meme
Fucking pseudo-intellectuals, that doesn't mean "words are bad".

>opens up the plotpoint about the New Continent
>responsible for GI
>hypes up Pariston's character
>the Don Freecs revelation
admit it, Pikafag, even if you take JUST the threads on Sup Forums regarding the chapters when Kurapika was the focus and then compare to those with Ging - those with Ging actually provided discussion, and a lot of it. Those with Kurapika? Husbandfaggotry and memes

Leorio is going to be useful as fuck with his ability in the boat.

>baby subplot is more interesting than ging's babbling
Bravo hobo

So you'd rather have a bunch of pages showing people arguing over tickets?

Ging is the MC of this arc you retard. It's been 20 chapters.

I hope you're right. I'm tired of this Totally Spies subplot

What a stud

I'm super excited for the next chapter. can't wait to see where Pika's character is going to go. I really think the princess and baby will really help his character development

So what was that about? Did Kurapika make her worry so much she had a panic attack or something?

Why is 1999 OST so superior to anything 2011 produced?

I think she's realizing just how extreme the situation is and the high possibility of her and her baby's death is.

She got panicked -> baby sensed moms stress and manifested the nen beast for a second.

Headache from Pika's wall of text.

When will this cutie become relevant?

You should drop it then.

never, he'll be first or second Zodiac dead.

I seriously hope you retards roll your R's when pronouncing "Kurapika"

Are the Nen Beasts literal Stands?

What is it about Kurapika that makes him such a great character to follow?

R?
it's L

When he gets off page'd by Hisoka and mentioned 4 chapters later in a tiny textbubble.

Wait, people don't do that?

TAKUUUMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

youtube.com/watch?v=nx5ozXo9alQ

They actually cared.

HxH's problem isn't "showing but not telling." This guy () is right, just describing things with words isn't a bad thing. The real problem is Togashi doesn't understand that "brevity is the soul of wit."

In my country kids who can't roll their R's are taken to a doctor

It is. Ging and his part of the arc were boring as fuck.

>visual comic
Good god just please kill yourself

That he's basically Sasuke.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Nice meme

P-please no. Wasn't Shalnark enough for your bloodlust?

You are not Togashi and you don't get to decide who stars in the arc. End your life.

Might want to wait for Viz in case Mangastream didn't convey the point well as they often do in an attempt to mimic the "wordiness" of the original

She wasn't as prepared for this as she thought she'd be or perhaps the thought that Kurapika really could save them just hit her and she's panicking from mixed emotions

Nothin personnel kid

>Feitan's 99 voice is godawful
It's fucking terrific and you're just nostalgic for 2011

He triggers autistic ADHD kids.

Theres a difference between "words are bad" and "In a visual medium, don't have 50+% of the page space be text"

I prefer the 99 anime but his voice in 11 is so much better that it's not even a contest.

fuck off Plinkett

>people actually defend this

The way I read it was that she had resigned herself to the fact that she and her child would most likely die, which made her react like this when she realizes there might actually be a change they'll survive the trip.

Nostalgia

>manga is a solely visual medium
Retard.

Wouldn't it be nostalgia to prefer the older version than the newer one?

No, this not an example of "show don't tell" problem, actually it is exactly what "show don't tell" means to be.

Togashi skipped the minor events that can be described by words, and focus on the actual interesting part, which make the story looks very cohesive.

he's just quoting that Plinkett Star Wars prequels bullshit. It's not necessarily incorrect, but it's pretty obvious the idiot in this thread has just been influenced by that and has no opinion of his own

and this why chimera arc with the narrator was annoying as fuck

I want to protect Oito's smile.

No, it would depend on which version you saw first

Sasuke without the thick coat of edge on everything he does

It wasn't annoying in the manga.

It's probably just MS being pretentious assholes again.

>opinion of his own

people believe in this individualistic shit hahahahaha

It was fucking incredible in the manga. If anyone actually disliked that they should probably just go read something else

nice try pikacuck but hes same

>muh eye the whole yorkshin arc
>doesn't even visted gon
>that edgy panel

vocaroo.com/i/s1QDuWYFl9g8

got you user

Plinkett is hardly the first person to say "Show don't tell"

The u is all wrong.

I'll give the (You) so no one else has to.

>Exposition is bad
It's one fucking page dude
Do you have ADHD?
Or would you rather have waste 8 pages showing what is going one in deck 4 and 5?

The baby is evil.
The princess is a cunt.
Kurapika got emotional over a cunty evil child with OP nen.
It's Death 13 all over again.

Honestly, how much of this is a language barrier issue. Does it flow better in Japanese?

Managstream's translators mentioned how it's more complex and wordy than other series and they try to emulate that wordiness.

However it's clear that at least some of their translators are poor English writers and their bloated speech bubbles are an utter chore to go through, sometimes revealed to miss the point entirely when compared to Viz or another translation.

they're either speedreaders or animefags.

no, but he's the first one to use "brevity is the soul of wit" AND "show don't tell" within a 5 minute span. I watched those videos ages ago and I still remember them, it's always to see people quoting other people pretending to have their own opinion.

you probably didn't even mind Chimera Ant until one day you watched Plinkett and you decided he's objectively more correct and changed your opinion accordingly

He reads Bleach bro, just drop it.

That's true, at least Pika shows emotion and compassion to other people, he also doesn't randomly kill people because muh darkness.

wat

youtube.com/watch?v=NkgJ9oAQtKk

will gum and rubber be enough to stop this kid?

Reminder Oito is best girl of the DC arc and if Pika doesn't protect her smile he is a literal SHIT

just wait for Viz's translation, some Japaneses confirmed that Viz's translation covers more contents and is closer to the original than MS.

Not 8, but I legitimately would prefer 1-2 pages showing a guy getting injured on the lower decks and going "oh shit there's no doctors" then trying to go up and not being allowed.

Nigger you fucking what
he didn't even know about gon before after he had gotten well

Gone was edgy for almost half an act and treated Killa like shit for that time

>pikacuck

At this rate I think I might try to redo the whole thing.

I'm not that guy and I don't even watch Plinkett.

I still didn't like the chimera arc. It was really long and got pretty dull.
Not to mention the bad guy was literally Cell visually.

>The baby is the true villain

Togashi loves dumb twists, so I wouldn't put it past him.

Don't reply to him.

>Gingfags, Kurapikafags, antiKurapika-fags, that Killuafag
wew lads

No, since nostalgia doesn't have anything to do with which one is older.