Did you guys watch this? personally it was amazing. it’s truly beautiful watching two women of color, black and Asian...

did you guys watch this? personally it was amazing. it’s truly beautiful watching two women of color, black and Asian, navigate a realm that traditionally hasn’t included them. It honors sci-fi’s history while giving it a bold new future to stake claim in, making Star Trek essential television for the first time in decades

It's going to tank. Women don't admire women. Women will watch it even less than the previous shows. Women filling masculine roles are wholey uninteresting beyond a gimmick.

>$8.5 million per episode
Can't wait for it to get canceled

>realm that traditionally hasn’t included them

You know nothing about scifi.
Turn that phaser on yourself.

sci-fi really hasn't ever included women. I don't see how you can disagree with that

nice bait women have always been a part of star trek.

>a realm that traditionally hasn’t included them

>mfw thats the real amount
They're going all in on this CBS All Access, and they are going to fail miserably.

> 8.5 mil per episode

the merchant must be washing more money again

Reminder that the Klingons in this are 100% /ourguys/

>Want a homogenous Klingon people
>Don't want the Federation telling them what to do
>Live an honourable and traditional life
>Only get killed when sleazy federation hides a bomb on one of their dead that is being retrieved for burial

Series is much better if you cheer for the Klingons.

Watching it right now. Star Trek has been a bunch of marxist SJW fags at least since Voyager - I haven't seen enough of the others. It's stupid to make one with another female captain who fuckin sucks at speaking english. At least the Voyager captain was kind of manly.

Shut the fuck up. Sage

>sci-fi really hasn't ever included women
You obviously don't read.
Also even if you just watch movies/TV:
>Star Wars
>Star Trek (every movie +TV)
>Battlestar Galactica
>Aliens
>x-files
>Terminator
>Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis
>Serenity / Firefly
>Matrix
You can go all they way back to Maria in Metropolis in 1927
etc etc
tl;dr you're a retard

Isn't advertising meant to be paid? Or are you able to shill shit here via viral advertising contracts?

Did anyone else see that scene where the brave and powerful woman, that don't need no man, was motionless, as a CGI space suit was diving through an entirely CGI, none threatening asteroid field?

Wow, I was left speechless how she maintained her composure as bright lights flashed all over the screen, and I tightened my sphincter when I doubted she would make it to the other side. But then she made it to the end, smirking and looking at the camera, as if she was looking into my soul.

Wow. Women have come such a long way. Simply, beautiful.

The first Star Trek pilot had a woman as the first officer. They got rid of the character because women in the test audience didn't like her.

Women of color? What the fuck? Are Asians now a form of colored people? Are white women not women of color? "White isn't a color!" Well neither is black, you racist fucking slut

Much like black people, the only ones holding women back are themselves. They are catty bitter and jealous of each other’s success and all of them act like 16 year old high school girls no matter the setting.

Women look up to men as their leaders whether they admit to it or not. No one wants a female leader.

>Star Trek adopts ID politics and focus on race instead of content of character
>SJW who don't even like nor comprehend concept of star trek applaud
>Franchise goes in toilet for lack of storyline, plot
>Roddenberry spinning in his grave
RIP Star Trek, even Khan can't save you now

Don't forget that when the klingon leader dies, a white Klingon takes over. A CIS white Klingon male.

Star trek has always had women of color in major roles

Octavia butler would slap your shit.

Antifa post

Octavia Butler is a fantasy writer. You could've at least said Le Guin. Even Cherryh or Bujold.

This may be true but it proves that women are idiots unsuited to positions of leadership in any form. No man will ever follow a woman, and no woman will follow another woman.

White is actually more of a color than black, as white light is the combination of all colored lights, hence it splitting into a rainbow through a prism. And black is simply the lack of light all together.

They took everything good about star trek and smeared shit all over it; the world has come full circle, as SJWs have bastardized and ruined a franchise born in the leftist 60s by trying to make it do what it did decades ago. The lead actress said she was the 'first black lead' on a star trek show, showing she has no idea what trek is about, since there is no main character, and if there is, it's the captain. There was a black captain in FUCKING 1993

It's garbage.

Sincerely, 420chan's trek board

STD is killing it with diversity. More than any other Trek.
>First black person in Star Trek
>First asian person in Star Trek
>First females allowed on the bridge crew in Star Trek
>No white males

Yeah except, ya know.. star trek.. which this thread is about you DENSE MOTHERFUCKER

Octavia Butler writes scifi. Have you ever even read her books?
>Octavia Estelle Butler (June 22, 1947 – February 24, 2006) was an American science fiction writer. A multiple recipient of both the Hugo and Nebula awards