Maybe I'm not an enough of a isekai reincarnation master to get it but how the fuck is a highschooler NEET's knowledge...

Maybe I'm not an enough of a isekai reincarnation master to get it but how the fuck is a highschooler NEET's knowledge of the world of 2016 supposed to help him get rich in a totally different fantasy world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=73txXT21aZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>can teach them about vaccines
>electricity
>basic physics
>anything invented past that time period which he could figure out in a feasible manner

It's just poor writing, don't think too hard about it.

Is not his fault that you have no useful knowledge about how things work.

>can teach them about vaccines
Good luck with a highschooler NEET actually knowing how a vaccine is made and being able to convince people of germ theory with no evidence that he knows how to create

>electricity
>implying a highschooler would know shit about electrical engineering and not just how to make a dynamo with no practical application besides putting headlamps on bicycles

>basic physics
How would knowing Newton's laws help him get rich?

>anything invented past that time period which he could figure out in a feasible manner
kek

I wasn't suggesting he would really know anything about this,but as long as he knows it's possible to create x then he can begin researching on it with a goal in mind.

>he can begin researching on it with a goal in mind.
It would be easier to just get a job and work. In fact, you can't do research without food, so he will have to get the job first.
And who's going to pay for his research equipment?

Anything he invents can just be stolen by people with more money and connections than him because patent law does not exist.

His phone would've fed him for months if he hadn't been Emilia's bitch by that point

As for raw knowledge, you could just find an inventor and give them ideas on what to make

>you could just find an inventor and give them ideas on what to make
That's not how it works.

> His phone would've fed him for a day, after which he gets brutally mugged and left for dead
Fixed.

>find an inventor
And get screwed over, imprisoned and tortured for ideas by someone else who takes all the credit and then has him killed?

You can learn enough in an AP chemistry class to be able to make aspirin or a simple battery, as well as things like vacuum distillation or using activated charcoal. He could have learned enough in physics to be able to predict the movements of heavenly bodies or devise a reflective telescope. Even a simple generator would be easy to create.

That's a good point, but people were safeguarding trade secrets long before patent law. Further, if he could pull off any of the above it's likely he could find a patron to sponsor him. Innovation was a thing before courts and patents.

>no evidence that he knows how to create
Pasteur's experiments are pretty standard coverage in middle/high-school biology classes.

Were there even proper inventors in the medieval Dark Ages? I thought they only really started proliferating after the Renaissance and with patent law in place to incentivize them with the promise of actually profiting from their invention.

I'm pretty sure most high schoolers cannot do any of that.

That's assuming he can even find a researcher who'll listen to him.
Without proper scientific knowledge he'll sound like a village idiot who's too full of himself. Modern researchers often complain about the huge amount of mail they get from idiots who have no idea what they're talking about. Medieval researchers would have an easier time, what with lower rate of literacy and all, but what reason does the guy have to listen to somebody who plainly doesn't even know exactly what he's talking about?

>medieval Dark ages
Those didn't exist. Science has always been a thing.
And yes, there were scientists.

Of course it's not just a matter of convincing the scientist, you have to convince his source of income! Researchers are not normally independent. They are typically working for a rich guy who wants to get something out of it.

It's not hard to make a simple generator, he could use that along with some light bulbs and bring light to the mansion.

>be able to predict the movement of heavenly bodies
The ancients were pretty good at that already.

>devise a reflective telescope
Good luck finding some medieval optician who can engineer to within such tolerances as to make the whole endeavor worthwhile

>Even a simple generator would be easy to create
The only application anybody could find a use for electricity in a medieval fantasy world that he could conceivably create himself is the telegraph. Electrical lighting and heating possibly, if he doesn't get assassinated by the candle industry.

Or a telegraph.

>electrical heating
How much power is that self-made generator supposed to produce?

>light bulbs
>Electrical lighting
I don't think light bulbs are as easy to make as you think.

Depends on how he powers it. The internal combustion engine may be beyond him. A coal or wood fired boiler would be more practical than a DIY generator powering an electrical heating element.

>blow some glass
>add incandescent material
>use wind magic to remove air and create vacuum

>I know, let's make a big fire in order to power this heater.
This reminds me of Teekyu.

>>add incandescent material
>if I can say it in one line, it can't be that difficult
>>use wind magic to remove air and create vacuum
I'm actually not convinced this is very easy either, but well, magic. I have no arguments.

You're forgetting this is a fantasy world.Have some mages power a wind turbine.

Sure, if you're short on fire mages but have spare wind mages and can't afford to make a fire.
That seems like an awfully specific scenario.

I literally said in that post that there is no point to electrical heating when you can just make a fire for a boiler

he's memorized the lyrics to every popular moe anime OP. he can just sell those and become a millionaire song writer

Sorry. I didn't fully read your post. Is there any way I can apologize?

>paying mages to stand around and push a wind turbine
Why not just pay some hobos to turn wheels all day? It would be cheaper than paying a salary to a skilled worker like a mage.

Everything about this shit is delusional fantasy from the ground up.

I would assume the mages can move a lot of air, resulting in a huge amount of energy,

I took AP chemistry and had a good teacher. You definitely can learn useful techniques in a high school lab equipped with some glassware and a Bunsen burner.

>The ancients were pretty good at that already.
Not all of them and some of their methods were very convoluted. They might not have even had a proper number system with a concept of zero, algebra, or trigonometry. Those are all very practical ideas that can taught and sold.

>Good luck finding some medieval optician who can engineer to within such tolerances as to make the whole endeavor worthwhile
Reflective telescopes are very simple. You could make a serviceable one with polished metal and a glass ball any glassblower could make.

>The only application anybody could find a use for electricity in a medieval fantasy world that he could conceivably create himself is the telegraph.
There are plenty of uses for low voltage DC current even in a medieval setting. Simple brush motors, electroplating, and some other lucrative chemical processes.

Ignoring him making a miracle drug like aspirin, there are plenty of things an intelligent high school kid today could do to convince a medieval noble to sponsor him so he could live a life of luxury.

In the book Johnny And The Bomb, a few time traveling kids leave a boy behind in WW2 England.
After trying to figure out a way to use his superior knowledge to make lots and lots of cash, he finally realizes the one thing he knows that everybody will love and pay for:
Hamburgers.

But over what period of time can they sustain this effort before environmental mana and internal od is depleted?

Why make a light bulb when you can make a led? knowledge about semiconductors is taught in middle school and with magic around, getting the materials might be quite easy.

>tollerances and impurities

Please stop reminding me of Death March's eternal quest to convince the fantasy world that Japanese junk food is the height of gastronomic superiority.

Here is a step by step list

1. Cement for fast building
2. Coal (can skip if you have fire magic)
3. Steel smelter
4. Steam engine or water wheel
5. Lathe machinery
6. Mass produce swords and farming equipment
7. Gun powder
8. Mass produce smooth rifling musket
9. Canons
10. World domination

The point is that he thinks he can do these things but he won't actually.

Why are you mass producing swords, why not just go straight to muskets and Minie balls?

>There are plenty of uses for low voltage DC current even in a medieval setting. Simple brush motors, electroplating, and some other lucrative chemical processes.

He would need to find those materials (which may be rare or nonexistent at the tech level of the setting) on the market and hope they were of the right quality to make it all work before he could convince anyone to sponsor him.

Have fun having to reinvent Napoleonic combat tactics from first principles because you didn't spend enough time playing Total War

weapons, gunpowder is easy to make and most people know the three main ingredients then its only a bit of tinkering with the ratios and then guns for sale

I think he was just being naive about how a fantasy setting would be easy to exploit with his knowledge. Hell, he thought he was summoned as some sort of hero and thinks he has a special power at the start which he kinda does, but it's more of a curse.

>gunpowder is easy to make
You mean blackpowder.

I doubt a highschooler from a super nogunz country has enough knowledge of gunsmithing to make some decent guns before he's blown his hands off or something.

>Why are you mass producing swords, why not just go straight to muskets and Minie balls?

Because you have to train peasants on how to aim, fire, clean, and reload the muskets, versus give them a steel sword and say 'hack those people with this.' Also gunpowder production is limited.

World domination is optional.

I would add fertilizer as 1.5 to grow my population base.

Also if I have time I would change the social structure to include more economic freedom, abolish serfdom, and lowers Church influences.

I can't see him being able to make something other than garbage that selfdestructs after a single shot and has about a 20% chance of exploding in your hand.

>1. Cement for fast building
>2. Coal (can skip if you have fire magic)
>3. Steel smelter
>4. Steam engine or water wheel
>5. Lathe machinery
>6. Mass produce swords and farming equipment
>7. Gun powder
>8. Mass produce smooth rifling musket
>9. Canons
How many of these can you personally do if you were dropped into a completely different society with no money or resources? Yeah I thought so.

>Also if I have time I would change the social structure to include more economic freedom, abolish serfdom, and lowers Church influences.
Enjoy your nobility-funded Crusade.

Making cement is pretty easy

also, you forget that people were pretty amazed by simple "magic" in the past which was likely chemists ahead of their time disguising their work as supernatural. A basic knowledge of modern chemistry could get you pretty far

Kazuma pls

>plagarize end of evangelion into a play
>have it preformed before kings and queens
>become rich and famous
it's so simple or
>take videos of chicks naked with my phone
>start a pay per view service

A much simpler tech tree would be:
1. gunpowder
2. metal pressure vessels
3. bombs
Which probably breaks that world's balance of power enough already.

>He would need to find those materials
At that level of tech they have simple acids and can draw metal into wire. You're overestimating how hard this stuff is.

>Because you have to train peasants on how to aim, fire, clean, and reload the muskets, versus give them a steel sword and say 'hack those people with this.
And then they get hacked to pieces by the better armored and trained soldiers. It's hilarious you act like muskets are bad for peasants but history shows the exact opposite. Warfare was dominated by the nobility right up until firearms became widespread in Europe, because suddenly you could drum up huge armies almost overnight. It takes an afternoon to learn how to load and fire a musket, you just spend the next two weeks drilling them in the loading and firing procedures and how to walk in formation until they can do both in their sleep. Bam you have an army that can kill at least 3 times its number in spears and swords. Less against veteran cavalry, but if you have artillery to back them up it shouldn't even be a close fight.

That's the thing, if you follow the list, you should get additional income along the way.

1. Invent cement and try to sell it to land owners/governor as an effective material for building defensive structures. Since the ingredients are mostly rocks and dirt, it costs nothing to create. The only hard thing is to sell it to the nobles/landowners.

2./3. On you gain their trust (and maybe a bit of research grant), gather up coal (which should be close to worthless in a magical land) and create a steel smelter. Smelter can be created cheaply with clay/rocks. If you have fire magic, you don't even need coal and its carbon coking issue.

Once you have cheap steel making technology, you should be selling them to as many countries as possible. High quality steel is worth a lot in medieval time.

4. Then you can create lathe machinery with your income and start your own factories.

>train peasants how to aim, fire clean, and reload the muskets

This is much easier than teaching peasants how to fight with a sword

The biggest advantage of early firearms was that a peasant trained for a month could easily kill a knight trained for years

You'd still be fighting people armed with bows and swords until they manage to reverse engineer both your guns and the industry to make the guns.
Spanish Conquistadors would have more applicable tactics.

Only if you have more advanced production technologies. You have to convince others that early musket is worth the trouble. Swords would be the holdover weapons until you master gunpowder/rifling/steel casting technologies.

Yeah except you don't know how to do any of the things on that list. It's not question of resources. Even if you had a huge pile of money and connections you'd have zero chance of inventing machinery you can't even build a passable example of.

>1. Invent cement and try to sell it to land owners/governor as an effective material for building defensive structures. Since the ingredients are mostly rocks and dirt, it costs nothing to create. The only hard thing is to sell it to the nobles/landowners.

Say I threw you into the woods right now with a wheelbarrow and a crowbar. How long would it take you to make me some cement?

invent peanut butter

Not even, you could produce thousands of muskets with very small workshops in a matter of weeks, provided you had enough labor and resources, which again wouldn't be hard. You get the towns people to work bellows and do menial tasks, have them donate their cookware and old tools to be melted down into parts and ammunition. This literally happened in Europe, and it's why guns trumped swords.

I'll tell you one "good" thing he invented there. That's about it. And stuffed animals.

Use your culinary knowledge to become a master chef

That's why you follow NGNL's example and bring an iPad with Wikipedia and a solar panel charger.

Also, what makes you think I can't build them in real life? Only the lathe machine is truly difficult.

Okay build a steam engine from scraps of metal and wood and post a picture of it. I'll give you a year.

If you can prepare everything in a week, then yes you can jump straight to muskets. But I'd think you need a couple years at least to build your base.

Gunpowder needs sulphur. I don't know if you buy/gather a huge quantity of it in a week before the local government realizes what you are trying to do.

But if you could, then your way is better.

Yep, cause you kill 10 peasants and they can train 20 more in a month. You kill the knight and you're shit out of luck cause that fucker took his entire life to train and a ton of resources devoted to him to make him an effective fighter.

>Hello, I can read and write (or having done so before in one language, can apply myself to learn another).

>Hello, I can do math.

>Hello, I understand how you get sick, and can help you avoid doing so in the future!

>Hello, I can help you keep your teeth.

>Hello, I can ... ect.

Pick any of these. Done. Sponsored. You don't even need any special knowledge to do well in the past, as long as you temper it with common sense and don't get killed for knowing too much by superstitious and stupid people. Fuck, just understanding how to take care of teeth puts you way ahead of most people.

Now you:
>Hurr durr this pointless thread isn't long enough yet, let me bullshit some more and say "Oh man I bet everyone can read and write durr he can't make any money or get a patron that way!" ect.

This is a stupid thread. Saged.

Why is coal worthless in a magic land? Everyone needs something to burn.

That's why you build a smelter first...to get high quality steel to build engines.

As for the actual construction, steam engine is surprisingly easy to make. Here is an example made out of glass-

youtube.com/watch?v=73txXT21aZU

Having said that, I would probably starve to death within a week of arriving in the other world.

Do you really think people will just give you money if you say that? Especially if your doctrine goes against the world standard and you have no credentials?

Unless you're like Rasputin tier CHA it's not really that easy to segue from "I am the guy you hired to handle bookkeeping" to "give me unlimited funds to build a Difference Engine to do math for even better bookkeeping".

Since I need money, first I'd look around for raw materials to see if I can find a way to make drugs.

The Babylonians had a form of toothbrush, nimrod.

This thread is based on a series of wildly inaccurate assumptions about how little people in the past knew. Lack of materials and limited markets kept most inventions from happening, not a lack of knowledge.

Sure, the germ theory of disease is an exception, but good luck getting anyone to believe you without extensive experimentation.

Opium's pretty easy.
But if it existed in that world chances are they already know about its effects. You could still try to invent Laudanum though.

If you can invent the musket you can invent the bomb. If you can invent the bomb you can invent a really big bomb. Once you use it a couple times you have a deterrent that makes wars unnecessary.

Alchemists with nothing to back it up got away with as much for centuries.

Primitive cultures only used sulfur for medicinal purposes. I think a few might have realized it made good fertilizer but I'm not sure. Either way they wouldn't really give a shit about you buying up large quantities of it.

Stockpiling powder and shot would be necessary before committing yourself to any prolonged engagement though. So it would be best to secure at the very least a source of funding to purchase the materials you need. Longterm you would have to capture various mines and manufacturing facilities to make a proper industrialized army.

What if the world you're transported to is post-post-apocalyptic?

The problem is how to survive the first week, you seriously aren't thinking about producing high quality steel right away. You're going to stand out right away and probably be mugged or stabbed.

If all you have are bombs then you can only control people via fear, making you a terrorist. In reality you don't control anything, you just inflict terror on people, and the minute they stop being afraid of you everything goes to hell because either you kill tons of people or they call your bluff and you're dead.

Armies can occupy territory and subdue enemies without having to kill them. Just the presence of an army can deter invasion. Because bullies like weak targets, marauders and expansionists will look elsewhere if you have a formidable fighting force. And if you go on the offensive you only need to convince the enemy to surrender and then occupy his territory with your soldiers to enforce your rule. Just blame everything bad on the old rulers and be generous to the people and they will like you more than their previous masters. Just don't go all Robespierre on them after.

The difference is that they were the 'in' thing. Plenty of individuals who were considered smart dabbled in alchemy, so people trust alchemy even if it was useless.

If you want to overturn society as a complete outsider with no status you're going to need some great social skills.

He thought it would be like in one of his animes

>Alchemists with nothing to back it up got away with as much for centuries.
Alchemists had the ancient mystique of alchemy to back up their hocus-pocus nonsense. Even if they didn't understand it or if it sounded impossible, what do they know about the arcane secrets of the venerable alchemistic arts?

If calcium deposits are locally available, probably in a few hours.

We are not exactly mixing concrete for a 50 stories high skyscraper here. Anything better than clay is good enough.

Not if everyone can cast fire to cook ie. Kazuma

well creating something to be massed produced in a production line isn't just a mechanical thing, early implementations of Fordisim and Taylorisim are what founded mass production.

this could help him to make him rich by mass producing potions, weapons, or other items with the help of the village, Emilia-tan or magic clown

>use his knowledge of the modern world to live in luxury

Is he forgetting he's living in a shitty medieval world? Impoverished people in Japan live in more luxury than the royalty in that land. The only thing they have going for them is magic which is peanuts compared to the technology of the modern age. Even his shitty prepaid flip-phone was worth a small fortune and they didn't even know it had more than one use.

That's why you invent a need where there isn't one
>conserve mana and enjoy long-lasting heat and light!
>burns longer and hotter than wood!
>buy coal today!
Etc

Yeah but you still have to have something to set on fire, unless you want to be a human stove.

>Sure, the germ theory of disease is an exception, but good luck getting anyone to believe you without extensive experimentation.
But those experiments aren't particularly advanced/difficult. If you managed to get an audience with learned people (which they'd probably grant you if you were some mysterious faggot who turned up with a magic communications device they couldn't figure out) you could easily produce evidence both against spontaneous generation and in favor of germs. They might not automatically accept it, of course, but you'd at least establish yourself off the bat as someone with relevant ideas/knowledge and could build from there.

>If all you have are bombs then you can only control people via fear, making you a terrorist.
No, it makes you a superpower with an ability to retaliate that makes you irrational to attack in the first place. Demonstrating you have the mysterious ability to level a (preferably empty) castle on command is no less ethical than forming an army capable of doing the same.

>It's not hard to make a simple generator
from scratch no it isn't
to give you an idea
there was a guy who thought about making a toaster from scratch
he went and got the cheapest toaster he could find opened it up to see how he could recreate it
it took 9 months of intense research to do it,
and i dont mean like wikipedia research, he basically had to track down experts on ore metallurgy ect.. in order to learn all the things needed to make a freaking toaster from scratch.

Most people don't memorize the basic formula for gunpowder.

Still, coal should be cheap and plentiful. Only lower class needs it for heating/cooking.

The point is, you need a cheap source of heat energy. It doesn't matter whether it's from coal or fire magic.