Kaiji/Fukumoto thread

I've just finished part three of the Kaiji manga.

My god, I almost screamed at this scene. I know that it was all a part of the ruse but still it made me want to kill Kaiji for a second there.

Also fuck Miyoshi and Maeda, fuck them to hell and back those backstabbing cunts.

I had forgotten how much of an emotional rollercoaster are FKMT's manga in general, but still this has left me on the edge of my seat through the whole game.

And now he's going to yet another gamble, I swear this man is going to be the end of my nerves.

KUROSAWA ANIME
W H E N
H
E
N

I don't think it would translate well into anime.

Why not?

Part 3 is so fucking good.

>And now he's going to yet another gamble, I swear this man is going to be the end of my nerves.

You have to take in account that he has a score to settle with Hyodo for the death of his friends

I really wish I understood Mahjong. I loved the first 2 parts, and tried to get into part 3, but I was so confused with the Mahjong shit I stopped reading it.

I LOVE FKMT SO FUCKING MUCH

Who's your fkmtbando?

Any choice other than Old Akagi is incorrect.

And all this is still supposed to be in the course of 1 day (going into the night now) isn't it? Must have started this day years ago. I bet their still playing that last mahjong hand in akagi too.

>I bet their still playing that last mahjong hand in akagi too.

What would be the odds of that?

More anime when? Kazuya is fucking great and I wanna see 17 steps animated. And no, the pachislot doesn't fucking count.

I hope fkmtcrazy is able to get back to their manga after the mahjong tournament.

>husbando
>not waifu
I want to fuck Zero.

Buraiden gai can also work as a movie.

Maybe not, but i'd die to see a 24 episode series of Tobaku Haouden Rei.

Did they actually show the final match from the anime in the manga? The ending was horrible

It's still going.

They're still playing fucking washizu mahjong.

You mean the 5th and 6th hanchan? They're actually still at it

I want to bully Kaiji and have Akagi bully me.

>Akagi will never read your hell wait and ron you

why live

Man, how many years has it been?

The worst part is there hasn't be a single hiatus. Just 19 years straight of Washizu Mahjong.

Like 15?

It's still entertaining, too

Don't

No, there was a 15 month hiatus back in 2000/01 when he was busy doing Ten, HKaiji and Gai.

fuck user, why would you do that...

Disregard that, then. Still, 18 years straight of Washizu mahjong is probably enough to set a record of one of the longest arcs in manga history.

>It's still entertaining, too
Seriously,
How does FKMT do it?
What's his secret?

And people complained about the boat

Master of suspense. He's really good at getting to the core of the psychology of the characters in a way that resonates strongly with the reader.

mahjong magic

I want hell to be animated.

WITH THEIR TILES ON THE LINE

>You will never give Kaiji money and a beer and watch his eyes go wide and get a little flustered.

why live

Would you watch it?

I would rather have a cross-over FKMT with Yu-Gi-Oh instead

I will watch any mahjong anime. I love that shit.

Part 3 when?

The first part had fkmt feel alright

Part 2 ending was so good

Remember that time when we saw Zero's balls?Man, those where the days

I watched Akagi and read Part 3 of Kaiji and I still don't know how to play Mahjong

Same here, I wich I could sit the fuck down and learn it once and for all

Oh man, Ten would give you a headache.

not that guy I read ten too and I still don't know how to play Mahjong other than basics

Washizu Namek is like twice the entire run of Dragon Ball.

NEVER FORGET

Personally I don't have trouble with the basic of mahjong, even though I can't calulate score for shit. But unless they're explained in a very explicit way, I have trouble following the discard reads. I understand the principle, but I just don't manage to follow the reasoning, I just accept the result they give.

So, how would this go?
First of all I'm not sure if it would even come to a game with these two. Akagi is only interested in very high stake games and Haruhi doesn't seem crazy enough to willingly risk anyones life or something along those lines. On the other hand, if Akagi realizes how important winning is to Haruhi he might get interested. So lets assume they do actually play a game. If Haruhi wants to win, she will win. Even Akagi can't do shit if she just subconsciously uses her powers to get Tenhou every hand. So it'd be a question of wether he knows about her powers. If he does, he could use psychological tricks to try to prevent her from using them. Like making her believe she is winning the game and then finnishing her off with a single very high ron. The more I think about it, this actually has quite some potential.

Oh man this is so cool, Yeah It's how you said,if Akagi knew he'd find a way to turn that around . Even If he didn't he'd probably notice at some point that the tiles were changing or some shit but I doubt he could figure why or how to stop it in time.

But on a more reasonable note I'd kill to watch Akagi vs Tokuchi Toua

Fukumoto you madman.

I wonder, who's stronger, Young Akagi, or Old Akagi? Personally I'd say that despite the experience, and the fact that he's still sharp up to the point of his death, Old Akagi would still lose to Young Akagi and his attitude. Although if he was pushed to be serious and really wanting to win, Old Akagi would probably get his edge back.

Man, I'd totally read 20 years of that.

Does Fuckmart have any other non Mahjong series besides Kurosawa and Kaiji?

Young Akagi is definitely stronger. He's way more ruthless and efficient at the game. Old Akagi has an overall better understanding of the flow, strategies and tricks but he's also much more mellow (Soga even calls him out on it when he tries to cover Hiroyuki), and he has his own condition to worry about. Even Ten says Akagi losing a bit of his skill is what allowed him to win.

Gai is about happy fun concentration camp 4 kidz

Gin to Kin has a short mahjong arc but the majority of it is completely different stuff.