If i could only watch one gundam series, which one should i pick?

if i could only watch one gundam series, which one should i pick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jx4DLgXDvxg
youtube.com/watch?v=CoplnxPv-J0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The one with the hot blooded pilot.

The one with the masked antagonist

Turn A

youtube.com/watch?v=jx4DLgXDvxg
wait for BDs

Watch the original. It may have dated animation, but all others are just imitations

0079 or G, honestly. Everything else either relies on prior Gundam knowledge or is just bad.

Start with 0079.

And no. The movie compilation is not an acceptable substitute. It cuts a bit much of the plot in the middle.

Wing.

While UC0079 is undoubtedly the best, there's a pretty big amount of required reading until you get into the juicy bits at 0083, 08th MS team, Zeta, Igloo, and Unicorn.

Wing is sort of the "Try before you buy" series. If you like the philosophy, aesthetic and action in this stand-alone series, then you'll like UC.

This man has excellent taste. I second his advice. Char is the real slim shady and Domon ins the best protag in the franchise.

Doozy Bots.

UC

Zeta

00 S1

8th MS Team

But G Gundam is pretty good too.

This guy knows what's best

I really liked the fact that Mineva used the same colors as her father, not counting the cape.

Turn A or G

0079 -> Zeta -> CCA Movie

Gundam 00

GUNDAM RULES
1) Just watch the original series. It says it all
2) DON'T FALL FOR THE ZETA MEME
3) If you want to see more (unlikely) just watch War in the Pocket.

>2) DON'T FALL FOR THE ZETA MEME
this is the actual meme, Zeta is god tier

079 has a good story but the animation is so bad it makes every action scene a joke, zeta has great animation but the story and dialogue is really hit or miss

Iron-Blooded Orphans obviously.

>2) DON'T FALL FOR THE ZETA MEME
Which one? The one where it's shit or the one where it's good?

SD Gundam

anything by mari okada should be avoided at all costs

What reading?

But that show fucking sucks.

>if i could only watch one gundam series, which one should i pick?
Wing
and then stop watching it and just listen to the soundtrack shit is tippy top.

Thunderbolt

the one where it's good

zeta is awful, when was the last time you watched it? all of the people i've talked to that say they love zeta saw it 10+ years ago and the only one who actually bothered to rewatch it recently hated it

all this top tier taste

THUNDERBOLT

The original

master race series

1 year ago
it was still good

huh, i guess as long as you still enjoy it good on you senpai, I guess we can agree to disagree on it
but you have to agree that some of the newtype stuff at the end was dumb right

youtube.com/watch?v=CoplnxPv-J0

or 08th MS Team, War in the Pocket
my faves of the series

yes, the newtype magic is the one thing i hate about this franchise

Zeta

Fuck off 0079 shitters

I like the newtype stuff from the original series and zeta.

Hated how they handled it later, it had this weird mysticism to it before that made me think it was cool as shit

The further they tried to distance it from The Force the worse it got

If you're planning on only watching one Gundam series, let it be War in the Pocket.

I liked it in early zeta, it was towards the end where I feel like it went into crazy territory
the newtype stand battle between haman and scirocco, as well as kamille for some reason being able to use space ghosts to become invincible was just too much compared to everything that newtype had meant before

I just finished Zeta last week

Apart from the last episode, it was really enjoyable. Sure, Kamille took a while to develop into a real pilot, but the pace of his progression felt appropriate because it's hard for a kid to cope with killing people.

Real talk though fuck Katz, thirsty-ass fuccboi getting people killed 'n shit

Fuck

Fuck man

I saw that the first time a couple weeks after finishing 0079

I wasn't ready

If you just want to watch 50 eps, then finish, 00 is probably the best choice. UC autism is a real chore.

G Gundam.