SAO

Who is to blame when a player kills another player in the virtual world and the creator makes sure that the player also dies in real life? Who is the real murderer? The player killer or the creator?
The player killer is the one who knows full well that the person will die in both worlds if his hp reaches zero. But it's the creator who rigged the nervegear to kill the players when that happens.

The creator is certainly guilty of false imprisonment of each player and is an accessory to each murder committed, but I think culpability for the actual murder is on the shoulder of the in-game killer, intentionally causing action that results in their death.

Given the situation I don't know whether anyone would be convicted. Also i'm not a lawyer.

What about people who die to npc's?

Was that even a thing?
I thought the npc's were only in the towns and whatnot where the players were immune to PKing

I think he means either NPC guards, or mobs

Yeah I mean monsters.

Oh right, then you would have to say the creator i guess, it would still amount to real-world murder and no-one else is involved.

Nobody was convicted in the novels.

And in the case of mobs, it's obviously entirely on the head of the creator.

The player is simply trying to escape, albeit doing a bad job.

Sitting in a town and waiting for something to happen is probably the smartest course of action for anyone who isn't a seasoned gamer in a situation like that.

Not OP and not really related but was it ever explained fully what the purpose of SAO was?

Who is to blame when someone pulls the trigger of a gun and it results in someone dying?

It may be the designer who intended the gun to fire a bullet when the trigger is pulled and the manufacturer who built the gun to the specifications of the designer, but it's pretty obvious that the person who pulls the trigger is to blame.

Thing with guns is you can reforge them into plows and shovels. Nervgear kills the wearer if you so much as cut it's power for too long.

He did it for shits and giggles

Apparently just a social experiment. The creator simply wanted to play God.

Kayaba had a dream about living in a big floating castle one day, so he made Aincrad. I can't remember why he trapped everyone though.

To make it feel more real or something? It's difficult to program NPC's to act like real people, plus he was mad

I guess he didn't want people to forget about his castle.

Why did he force them to stay or die? It would have been the most popular thing ever even without him doing that. It's like he wanted them to suffer or treat it like real life.

I don't see this distinction as being particularly relevant, what are you trying to argue here?

I guess you could make an argument that the players in sword art online don't know for sure that killing someone in the game results in them dying for real. Maybe I'm remembering, I only watched the first several episodes.

Maybe he wanted to replace reality with his own version of it, and the people that were trapped would never treat it as their own reality unless death still applied

Verdict: Innocent

Well towards the end, less than 10% were actually trying to escape. They'd accepted it. Then he also tried to make them snap out of it and get back to clearing floors

He essentially became a god because he made them all play by his rules. Kind of pisses me off. I'd probably kill myself just to spite him.

I blame the beta testers

I would live as a blacksmith and create penis-shaped swords for a living as a way of sticking it to the man

see the case(s) of Dr. Jack Kevorkian

>"Look, it's the penisword peddler"
>"Lets smack him around for a few hours"

Enjoy your solitude in the inn room or your smackdowns.

Thing is, he had statistical models of how many people would kill themselves or be killed by others because they would become red. 10-15% loss in first day was acceptable to him.

>Not soloing the 74th floor's boss with your dual wield dildos.

>Kirito the "Black" swordsman.
>+100% backstab.

>be outside safezone
>"Look, it's the penisword user"
>"Lets gank him"

>meaning there are safe zones within the game where no one can kill the player.
>players choose to risk their lives for freedoms
>all of this is granted as long as the host body of the individual is kept alive in the medical sense of required life functions- heart, brain, lungs, energy input, etc.

I would be a member and founder of the notorious PK guild 'Penis Coffin', and people would soon realise that you don't fuck with Penis Coffin

What are you, 13? Seeing someone walking around with penis swords would be hilarious. I bet the lad would make so many glopping noises.

Yeah but everyone would be buying peniswords let's be honest

It's a fake world. And the younger you are the more disconnected you are from reality, as your real body ages and your virtual body doesn't. If nobody risks their lives for freedoms, they'll never escape.

The whole thing kind of loses steam after they escape SAO because without the death factor, the stakes aren't high enough even though kirito is saving asuna from rape. You just can't take it seriously anymore because they can all respawn.

that awkward moment when people are calling Kirito "blackie" in front of Agil and he just goes along with it.
like having that one black friend that doesn't care if people say nigga
>even white people
> that reaction of "oh shit" and looking around

Fuck that lad.
>Never hungry.
>Never cold.
>Job security.
>No money troubles.
>Kill shit for fun.
Why would you ever want to leave?

>Desugan
>Aids-chan
>alicization arc

Death factor is there. It just changes shape.

Because your real body is withering away. You're literally dying in a few years to bed sores.

mainstreamer haven't made it this far yet

Did you just use your own age?

Lel le benis sword ::XDDd

As opposed to

Le benis sword :DDD leds geddim begoz I'm a buritan from 1820 :DDD

>not trying to make light of an incredibly depressing scenario by using penis-shaped weaponry

What are you, 13?

There's a limited supply of females. And you can't have kids. And the game isn't infinitely complex like the real world is. But you've got a point. I'd probably stay.

Even after the game was over? (Pretty sure they remade it)

Bump

After they remade it you no longer had to stay. You could just leave when you liked.

But would you still stay

Probably part time. You can't say no to that world. I have certain disabilities like hearing damage and they'd be negated in that world.

He forgot

Even (partially) blind people can see clearly with amusphere, not sure about nervgear since it's first gen.

It's literally like the ideal world. As long as it has enough content, you need never leave it. And the body you have there is perfect.

You *do* need to leave it, quite often in fact. Your real world body needs maintenance.

Everyone was being kept alive in hospitals.

I was talking about the post-deathgame amusphere vr.

Someone should have thrown their sword at him.

>immortal object