Madoka Magica

Can the human race do anything about HomuHomu rewriting the universe assuming they, or at least a few of them, found out what was going on?

Also was she "right" in (admittedly unintentionally) enslaving the world's population?

The worst she did was brainwash Madoka and Sayaka post-splitting. The others not remembering shit isn't different from when Madoka became a god. The human race is irrelevent as usual.

We have no idea how killable Homura is in her current state.

Also she didn't actually enslave anyone.

>The human race is irrelevant is usual
I know we only connect with the main cast, but think about that for a second. The entirety of human existence within this universe has either been demolished countless times by something completely outside their grasp of understanding, or under the thumb of an all powerful spirit that cares only for a single individual. Every priceless piece of art, every technological advancement, every school of philosophical thought and turning point in history is essentially meaningless. Every person, every idea, all progress, all advancement, all emotion and individual meaning, completely irrelevant. The universe itself revolves around a middle schooler.

I get why this is never addressed by the fandom, but honestly, that's the most disturbing thing about this series for me. How powerless and insignificant we are made.

I don't mean "enslave" like you're probably thinking it, but it probably wasn't the right word. Went more in detail above (not sure if I explained it well enough though), but the gist of what I'm saying is that, pretty much the entire human race is under Homura's control. One snap of her fingers, and the world could cease to exist. It wasn't her initial intention, but it's an inevitable consequence.

Daily reminder that she did nothing wrong.

Forgot while typing . Humanity, as a whole, does have a kind of "grace period" when Madoka is the divine and hasn't yet entered Homura's soul gem. She's more than likely benevolent, but the idea that a single individual controls the fate of all existence still makes me a bit weary.
inb4 fedora

How so? Dethroning Madoka could be seen as "wrong" in quite a few people's eyes. So could being gay though, but that's another discussion.

>trying to have serious discussions
>in a Madoka thread

I'm so sorry

Don't start it you circlejerk.

Aren't we just as insignificant if bound only by uncaring natural laws, callous to our suffering? If anything, Homura is well aware that Madoka would like to see the human race protected in some form, so Homura would be inclined to take note of that in order to maintain Madoka's ideal world.

Witches eat the humans. Magical girls eat the witches. Post-universe rewrite, wraits eat the humans, magical girls eat the wraiths. Humans are irrelevent. Incubators and megucas guide humanity on their way forward.

No they don't. I get you stupid fucks legitimately think Madoka is a god, but she isn't. All she does is revent witches from being born. Wraiths replaced witches. Wraiths feed on humans just like witches did. There's no benevelont rule because Madoka has no free will. She's a law, like gravity or thermodynamics, limited only to magical girls.

I agree with your first point, but with that said, natural laws don't possess a consciousness, nor do they possess any inherent supernatural prowess. Homura, on the other hand, does, and it has been demonstrated on many occasions that she cares little for humanity as a whole (her dialogue with Kyubey at the end of the last series episode, I think), but is devoted entirely to "protecting Madoka". Given those two premises, it isn't hard to imagine that Homura may do some unsavory things to the general population if she ever felt it necessary for Madoka's well being.
I understand the relationship between Humans, witches / wraiths and magical girls, and it's humanity's irrelevance being discussed here. Also,
>stupid fucks
rude. But I see your point about Madoka, I was mistaken. in thinking she had any power besides saving Magical girls.

I wonder if that would make Homura more powerful than her, given she's simply "a law, like gravity or thermodynamics", whereas Homura can rewrite the universe itself.

She doesn't need to at all, though. She just has to maintain the status quo. Individual humans may pose a threat to Madoka (which she may very well deal with extreme prejudice), but humanity as a whole does not, even if Homura has little personal regard for it.

Homura herself at least appears to be more of a literal deity than Madoka, but she's by no means omnipotent in that her alterations have limits.

Daily reminder that Kyouko is the cutest.

She doesn't need to for the moment, true. But this, as you said, is because the status quo is being maintained. If something were to disrupt the balance though, like, say, a number of humans posing a threat to Madoka regaining her memories. Intentionally or no, I don't feel like killing them, or simply wiping them from existence, would be beyond Homura's rationale.

Like you said, as is, she has no reason for such measures. It's simply the fact that she can, and likely very quickly would if she believed it would keep Madoka safe, that makes me weary about her.

Under normal circumstances, it would be impossible for someone to trigger Madoka into regaining her memories. On the other hand, if someone actively threatened Madoka, Homura would not be completely unjustified in eliminating them one way or another.

>Under normal circumstances, it would be impossible for someone to trigger Madoka into regaining her memories.
Is there any way of knowing that, though? What it takes to trigger Madoka's godly memories is never clearly stated, and, while I could be wrong, it seemed as though at Rebellion's end, they simply began to come back without any real warning. We don't know whether it takes magical intervention, or a her overhearing a conversation about theology.

It could have been the proximity to Homura (remember that Homura is holding on to Madoka's true power herself) combined with the context of her conversation. If the threat is spontaneous, however Homura would basically have to keep surveillance on Madoka and clap away every time her memories were stirred.

The only one who can kill Homura now is Omar Mateen.

Really?
captha: select all rainbows

how can people look at this face and say they hate it?

>Also was she "right" in (admittedly unintentionally) enslaving the world's population?

But she didn't do that.

bump

oktavia theory!

i think oktavia wanted to be a great musician just like her idol, so she wished to have amazing musical talent, in the hopes she could emulate them and maybe even earn their praise.

however, though she created masterpieces loved by many, she never could emulate her idol's style perfectly, nor could she get their attention. her frustrations with this, with knowing she should be satisfied with the talent alone but isn't, and the fact she never really got to use it because of all her time spent fighting witches lead to her soul gem darkening and becoming oktavia.

what do you think?

There is no escape.

Indeed. We're stuck here, forever.

Well all the witches mirror the magical girls they were borne from. Oktavia, with Sayaka's affection for Kyousuke, is simply a metaphor of him, and her affection for him.
Why is Sayaka in a tuxedo?
And why does Homura look creepier than usual?

because sayaka looks fantastic in a tux; need there be any other reason?

It implies things.

do you think all the girls are gonna be goddesses by the end?

Hopefully not. Then It'll just be fanservice.

in that case, considering rebellion, probably a yes.

Was Rebellion fanservice though? Some parts arguably are, but I feel like the story flows naturally, and fits Homura's character well.

>How powerless and insignificant we are made
>are made

user, humanity is just a shitty primitive race inhabiting one tiny planet in an infinitely vast universe.

I know right? The femdom aspect is extremely appealing. Praise the Goddess(es!)