When did Goku's power level start getting ridiculous?

When did Goku's power level start getting ridiculous?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s036F7I9tsFP
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=PJw7jtb8eYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When he became more powerful than Earth's God. So pretty early, actually.

Buu saga.

Saiyans in general were stronger than that piece of shit God.

This page of course

> implying Goku's power level wasn't always ridiculous

The second he got in that fucking car.

I think it started around 400~500 during the Raditz battle and then spiked to somewhere around 30,000 at max power during the Nappa and Vegeta battle a little while later.

Then, by the end of the Frieza saga, he's somewhere at the 10 million mark. Needless to say, power creep set in quick once the original Dragon Ball reached its conclusion.

the first character to get ridiculous was when Raditz moved faster than light, and he was the weakest character universe scale-wise

LITERALLY HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?!

Are you serious? Raditz could move faster than light? I don't remember that shit. Any prove?

Nothing compared to Cell.

One of the very first scenes in Dragon Ball Z was Raditz catching and flicking back a bullet with the same amount of force with ease. Not quite reaching the speed of light, but still pretty damn fast.

That's just bullshit from the Ocean Dub. Here's a rule of thumb: if you read something in a Dragon Ball thread on Sup Forums, it isn't true.

>The perfect organism
>Gets bodied by a hormone-addled boy with a mentally deficient father

Disregarding that "original Dragon Ball" bullshit, wouldn't you say that the power creep started earlier? Like maybe when Goku beat a two-time Tenkaichi Budokai champion without even trying?

Is Goku autistic

Autistic would imply he just has social issues. Roku is more mentally deficient and retarded. He seems too friendly and good matured to be an autist. Like he's actually completely retarded. Which makes it hard to root for him when he becomes an adult because most people aren't complete child like retards who are entirely oblivious to the world around them.

His mentally deficient father also just happened to be the fucking strong, and shounen rules dictate that more rage = more roids, no exceptions. There was no way Gohan was going to lose that fight.

Beating a martial arts champion is pretty small-time when compared to feats like blowing up entire planets and hurling somebody all the way to the sun.

It was already established early on that Goku far surpassed your average human athletically, even at the start of the series, so it wouldn't take much for him to kick a somewhat stronger guy's bosom, too.

Goku isn't a retard in the manga. Not after he grows up, anyway. He just acts retarded in filler because apparently some Japanese people think it's funny.

from the start he was a prodigy that had a ridiculous aptitude for training briefly and surpassing veteran assassins, experts etc

when it became ridiculous? kaio-ken. the main character is already stronger than everyone else, giving him the ability to literally multiply his strength to arbitrary levels is retarded and a large reason why scouters and power ratings were phased out

Goku matures after being revived but it's reversed late in DBZ after Gohan is tossed aside and he's reverted to being like he was at the beginning of Dragon Ball in Super

You should read the manga, Goku is very mature in the Buu Saga. He sort of turned into a jerk from being dead for so long, but he's still mature.

Use the catalog dumbass

Always thought that Goku was just a pleb as far as saiyans goes, and would have remained so if he did not drink the ultra divine water prior to trouncing King Piccolo. I read it as unlocking his limitations as far as what the saiyan race were capable of, rather than just powering Goku up from PL 180-190 to 260.

A bullet is far from the speed of light. Flicking it back is nothing compared to the earlier feats eithers.

Around the time of the first World Martial Arts Tournament.

>Gohan is tossed aside and he's reverted to being like he was at the beginning of Dragon Ball in Super
Christ, it's like finding water in an endless desert. Finally, I'm not the only one that realized this.

You mean when he beat Tien?
The thing is, he drew with Tien in his last fight with him, and here he eventually beat him.

I wouldn't say it was with "ease", but more so that Goku had the eventually surpassed him, because of his drive and his training.
They start off evenly matched, and Goku seems to have a slight upper-hand, until Tien starts attacking faster. Goku eventually takes his weighted clothing off, and Tien changes tactics, until Goku realizes the flaw in his new technique, and trounces him.

If this was DB Super, a fight like that wouldn't even play out. At best you'd get two people fight, and then someone transforms and completely turns the battle around. Even the tournament that was supposed to bring DBZ "to it's roots" turned into this shit.

Freeza.
Nigga's barely even as strong as Vegeta in the saiyan saga, starts trains in a gravity chamber for little and pops out stronger than Captain Ginyu

No, I mean Akkuman.

Then his body gets beaten up by Vegeta, Gohan and Krillin and he emerges from Frieza's ship even stronger.

Here I guess, not sure what you mean by ridiculous also people referring to Part 1 Dragon Ball are retarded "power levels" weren't a thing until the second half.

>"power levels" weren't a thing

If you're going to argue that you might as well say power levels weren't a thing after they learned how to suppress them as well, because obviously people had different power levels in Dragon Ball, they just didn't have scanners.

Frieza Saga

Jumps from 8000 to 90000, then from 90000 to 3,000,000.

Then becomes Super Saiyan and jumps to 150 million

Raditz shows up about a third of the way in. If you think about it, numerical power levels are a really small part of the story. The stretch from Raditz to the start of the Freeza fight is less than 20% of the manga.

When martial arts with fancy magic turned into planet-busting beam show.

Over 9,000 and over 180,000

This. It gets worse when he gets his ass handed to him by a fat clown robot.

It isn't.

Does Piccolo ever do this again?

>Gohan is tossed aside and he's reverted to being like he was at the beginning of Dragon Ball in Super

i don't understand what he means by that

This arc. Because pretty soon he'll be fighting his alternate universe self.

They sent a rabbit to the moon who breathed in the vacuum of space until Picollo blew it up after Master Roshi blew it up. Anything is possible.

Freiza saga.
It amazes me how Goku went from just above Ginyu level to 'not get totally fucking curb stomped by Final Form Freiza' level
Then he gets SSJ and can tackle 100% Freiza fine.
In 1 day his PL went from like maybe 200K at most to 10-20 million

No, Super Nameks have super sensitive super ears.

FINDS

it makes sense. he is 90k at arrival on namek and was holding back a lot vs ginyu, using only 2x kaioken to intimidate him. freeza was sandbagging indeterminately until he claims to be using 50% of his strength. vegeta going from recoome zenkai to matching freeza after a half hour nap makes less sense

vocaroo.com/i/s036F7I9tsFP

I thought surviving a bullet to the face was pretty ridiculous.

The art in the manga is so good.

Stop posting Keit-ai because it's already an anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k

That is about Trunks this is about Goku. Learn to read.

Goku could dodge lasers in DB.

Raditz could fodderize Piccolo and Goku, Piccolo was able of shooting normalfag ki blasts that could reach(and blow) the moon in a second.

>he never played Rayman

in not with Hit where technique actually mattered. He wasn't even going all out on that one.

Fuck, when are we going to get ALL of full color Dragon Ball? The color pages are fairly nice looking.

It never really did. He was never on cells level and stayed far away from buu most of the time.

His powerlevel in DBZ was honestly a step down from his power in DB.

The real Sun Wukong would beat all Saiyans at once, with his hands tied behind his back.

When they totally ignored what was going on in DBZ and upgraded it.

The new series is honestly fuckbad. It's the only way to but it. They took his non-SS level and went "aw fuck it they'll eat any shit now."

This is so out of fucking focus and garbage but hey, you're too young to know about old DBZ and how fucking great it was to be like "holy fuck, "he's an alien from another planet and that's why he's so powerful?!?!?"

I hate you bitch niggers.

You'll never get that "HOLY FUCK" when Bardock came to earth.

>The real Sun Wukong
I just want a Monkey King anime that isn't shit.

The whole point of DBZ was that "this isn't child play anymore" then Japan was all like "fuck that, we know better than our audience let's be AWRDISTSUH"

Yeah no.

Super Namekians are a thing?

Does Tien ever do this again?

>base level Vegeta can take on Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks
Yeah, power levels got ridiculous a while ago. Is Mystic Gohan even relevant anymore?

according to lord slug they are

>is gohan relevant anymore
no

The moment he survived getting hit by a car getting shot the forehead.

If he's ridiculous what about shit like Demonbane, Dies Irae, Umineko or Eien Shinken?

He is able to brush off bullet wounds as a minor nuisance the moment he is introduced. Goku's power was never intended to be anything other than ridiculous. That's the premise of the show.

Yes.

>Upon becoming a farmer after the defeat of Majin Buu, Tien uses the Four Witches Technique in conjunction with the Multi-Form for harvesting crops.

lol

Probably namek. Not just goku, but everyone. To this day, I blame Vegeta and Gohan for starting this power arms race.

Kid Goku tanked two energy blasts from King Piccolo, and each blast was enough to nuke a city.

youtube.com/watch?v=PJw7jtb8eYg
First blast at around the 4 minute mark and second one at around 5 minutes in. From that point and on wards, any named fighter can destroy a mountain. After Saiyan Saga, any relevant character can destroy a planet.

Near the end of the frieza saga where their power ups brought their power levels up several million

After Goku surpassed Kami, you could argue his power had reached a ridiculous plateau. After all, Kami flicked the Goku who defeated King Piccolo, who was wiping out cities with ease, into submission.

However, during each DBZ arc preceding Frieza's defeat, Goku got more and more ridiculous, with only his transformation into Vegito and his transformation into a Super Saiyan God matching or even surpassing the level of absurd gains Goku got between the fight with Raditz & fight with Frieza.

Since Kaio-ken.

Was it ever established that Kami was stronger than Mr. Popo?

Goku was always extremely powerful.

The entire show peaked at frieza's defeat. After that it was all downhill and plain unnecessary upgrades to the blond form.

Fuck this meme. Cell Saga was much better.

I'd agree if I didn't hate the androids as villains. If it were just cell it would be a lot better I think.

DBZ power is stupid. When Piccolo couldn't even beat raditz and btw if you remember raditz isn't even stronger than sabamen. Piccolo blew up the moon with NO problem. Remember this is before sayains came to earth. Piccolo power was less than 5,000. I don't take this anime power level seriously it's so inconsestant. Basically sabamen could destroy a planet if piccolo was destroying moons before sayains came to earth and remember he got bodied by raditz..

I sort of agree, and also hated adult Trunks, but while I still think the Cell Games was one of the best arcs, you have to agree that power level BS got old after Frieza.

No frieza was the best.

Moons don't hit back.

When vegeta smashed his own scouter.

Define relevant.
Is yamcha relevant?

Parts of Frieza were great, such as the dread of Frieza, the most powerful being in the universe, flying by while Krillen and Gohan cower behind boulders, and Vegeta going rogue and steeling the bowling bowl sized dragon balls. Then you've also got Ginu Force crap and filler like Bulma's bad Day, and I usually prefer the more comedic stuff.

Yajirobe is more relevant than Yamcha because he can cut people in half who are capable of blowing up the planet, even though he can't fly and spends most of his time dicking around with Korin.

When it lacked impact.

When he knocked over the house that King Kai built on Snake Way.

technically the first instance of power levels and energy being a thing was when goku could feel King Piccolo's Ki after he drank the ultra divine water.

and then right after that, Mr Popo taught him out to fight purely by sensing his opponents' Ki. It was around this point we can assume he also learned to control and suppress it. Also, both King Piccolo and Piccolo clearly demonstrated powering up for the first time (not counting characters like roshi and Tien bulking their muscles)