Kabaneri Blah Blah

This show is so fucking by-the-numbers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eTMSvo66icQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6Uvu5nC-IMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's fucking garbage

I was fucking pissed off at the incorrect usage of the BEST song of the soundtrack (1st half of noname), honestly what the fuck were they thinking when they did this?

Sure, it's kinda emotional but it doesn't FUCKING fit!

With Takumi dying pointlessly and Ikoma getting his hand blown off and being stabbed by Mumei, it's like they read the textbook "how to make basic suffering".

What are the chances for the mc to royally screw ayame sama

>Guilty Crown director
Yep, full of shit. Shame they couldn't find a better director.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT OKUCHI YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS

Who's ready to see Ikoma and Kurusu storming Kongokaku with righteous fury?

>start off as a cute, sexy, strong female character
>end up being worthless and completely dependent on and subservient to the villain
Why exactly did they decide to write her this way? I can't figure out what they were going for

Araki is fine. He just needs a good script to go with.

I can't wait for the by-the-book comeback of Punished Ikoma and his rescuer the Loyal Samurai, who both will together catch up to the train as it arrives in The Big Capital. Together, they will thwart the Big Bad Evil's plans to destroy the city as they cut through the elite mooks like they are butter with their blowgun and katana folded 1000 times. The Samurai has served his role so now the Big Bad Evil will take him out in a couple hits but not kill him as it is written in the basic book on how to make the Big Bad Evil look super strong and leave the Punished MC alone to fight. However, as the manual indicates, the Brainwashed Heroine will, as expected, join the fight against Punished MC and together they will leave him extremely debilitated, on the ground, grasping for his weapon as the Big Bad Evil slowly approaches him all the while he delivers his death speech to give him his final blow that will never come. However, this is the moment when our Brainwashed Heroine will wake up because of the power of love, after hearing a particularly standard shout by Punished MC. Then, as the Big Bad Evil raises his arm to complete his role, our Heroine will strike him down, thus redeeming herself of all her previous wrongs.

At this point, the manual indicates that a very dramatic scene should occur where either of Punished MC or the Heroine will begin to turn. However, after a few seconds of poorly delivered cries and words, the Potion to Cure all Ailments will be provided as it was conveniently found by the Filler Princess, or delivered to her by the Loyal Samurai. Either way, with this, a shot of the elixir will be given to the sufferer, they will be saved, add some ending music and emotional reunion plus a brief moment to expose all the small role characters, and Only Now does the True Battle Begin(TM) as they still need to rid the world of the menace! This shall be delivered in a small timeskip epilogue.

The episode was better than the last couple, for what little that's worth. Keeping things on the train has that effect for whatever reason.

Slightly autistic.

Now that Takumi is gone and Mumei is a junkie? More than ever.

Mumei is literally responsible for everything bad that happens in this series. She's downright terrible.

You must be blind for missing the direction of the show completely crashing down after episode 2.

You mean Biba
to the point where it's cartoonish how responsible he is for everything bad even

Armpits and feet though

How is that applicable for this episode?

also why does every character get punked by the baton guy?

What do expect from a sole that sole purpose for existing is to be an Attack on Titan clone.

Using Sawano soundtracks is hard. They tend to be very small and most of the tracks vocal stuff cause they're composed more like a standard album than showtunes. I do not envy a staff that gets stuck with him and has to try to make use of his tracks in a way that fits

Anyone else thinks Mumei is pretending? I mean Ikoma is alive from the previews so she didn't pierce the heart cage even if she was using a kabane steel blade

My best guess is that he's one of those rare male kabaneris or something.
Either that or Ikoma is conveniently weak when the plot needs him to be

At the beginning Mumei looked like girl of the season material. Now she is just another useless bitch.

I'd say the best way to enjoy this show is with linkin park playing in the background, instead of listening to the actual soundtrack they're using.

Great art, great characters (except biba), good voice acting, generic as fuck plot.

If this exact same shit happened in endride, both of the people who watch it would have hated it.

oh fug :')
nice one

He seems to have really gone to shit when he started working on Aniplex projects and given what's happened with their other originals lately I doubt it's much of a coincidence. Last time he worked outside of their framework was Code Geass which had its problems too mind you, just not to quite the same degree. I still can't believe this guy could have been the primary writer on Turn A Gundam with how laid back that show is

>Tell me how you feel about your friend being shot
>I CAN'T FEEL THE WAY I DID BEFORE

>great characters (except biba)

you forgot fucking mumei, the worst character in the entire show

She was fine until this episode. Good at the start, her transition from "I'm a badass" to "Hey people might be nice" to "I regret not being a badass now that my weird stepdad came back", and now to "lol I got brainwashed with drugs lel"

I just hope she gets at least one cute vanilla doujin with Ikoma to redeem her

Got you covered
youtube.com/watch?v=eTMSvo66icQ

Oh I forgot "Actually I don't regret not being a badass, biba is just a dick"

What's the difference lately? It's amazing though go listen to Gundam Unicorn or even Attack on Titans OST and go listen to anything since and including Kill LA Kill and you'll wonder how it can possibly be the same composer outside of one particular instance of sound. Everything since he started the NzK era had been garbage but that's also when he started to become the hypest composer around and went from like a soundtrack every few years to a soundtrack a season or even more. He just seems to get used for monetary and popularity reasons now cause at least with animes low standards you can keep pumping out the same crap and people will still love you as long as you have that one hit.

>it's cartoonish
Exactly my thoughts at
>how does it feel to lose somebody so close?

Im just kind of irritated of the super villain move where they kick the MC off the ride instead of just killing him right there and then despite everybody knowing that falling from a 1km high cliff is not going to kill MCs.

Dropped ot at ep 8
I will give it 2/10 to be generous

No, that's Biba.

>Why exactly did they decide to write her this way? I can't figure out what they were going for

She's always been the same thing. A tool to destroy Kabane. But she's realized her owner is insane.

How it took her so long to realize this, I don't know. Because he's clearly crazy.

Maybe repeat mind breaks every time she starts wising up?

Yukina is the best thing that came out of this.

Started off as my AOTS, now it's downright terrible.

>Mumei apologists
She was screwing up things long before Biba was even introduced. She's an idiot. Being 12 is not an excuse.

>oh boy brother you sure did betray me hard last episode and that should have been eye opening
>but I'm going to act like everything is cool for a while and trust you when you say you aren't going to kill more people until you need to capture me

FUCK OFF MOOMAY

>zombie series
Don't hold your breath for even a vanilla Mumei/Generic Faceless Male doujin.

What the fuck what kind of asspull is coming next week?

She belongs to a random noble that will ensure her people's safety.

Samurai moe gets cucked, Ikoma continues being a poorfag

Already mates follow my trought my thoughs
I'm going to try to explain why this series is fucking shits, i'm not going to talk about animation or shit like that i'm just going to touch the core of the shitness
This is series is part of the genere I hate the most, zombie series, and when I mean zombie series I don't mean REALLY zombies, I mean any series with a villain/main threat that shows not emotion, so I also considere Gunbuster and Eva a zombie series, BUT i'm going to go back to it later so hold on tight
The problems with zombie series is that you already lost one of the most entertainign pieces of story writting that exists, a villain, a charismatic villain can carry a shit series alone, in a zombie series you don't have that, you can change the main threat for logs and you wouldn't miss a thing,
Does it mean I hate all zombie series? no, not at all, I love Gunbuster and EVA but what is the main difference between these series and Kabaneri? Those two are character driven stories, Gunbuster isn't about the space monsters, it is about Noriko dealing with his father's death and surpassing it, Eva is not about the angels, it is about Shinji's depression and shit you know that everyone and their mums already talked about eva, Kabaneri is just about fightin boring zombies.
The main characters in Kabaneri doesn't express emotions that are not angry or sadness beyond the first episode (which is actually a good episode), they are logs, just fucking logs like the enemies they fight, Everyone rememebers Shinji being depressed but if you really remembers the series there are several instances of Shinji laughing, blushing and even being a cocky asshole.
This is the reason why this show is fucking shit

>one particular instance of sound

He has several favourite sounds he keeps on reusing (in the background). I'm ESL so I can't really describe them...

He's a hype guy, but he's good at calmer tracks as well

>進撃 gt20130218 巨人, 進撃 pf-adlib-c20130218 巨人, 進撃 pf-medley20130629 巨人
>KLK'S second OST (I don't have the names of the tracks, so I'll be going by numbers): Track 7, Track 8, Track 17
>noname, araganeekiNo@8女 (that second half is god damned amazing)

I don't know if he also worked on the ending of Kabaneri, but it's one of the things I look forward to each week.

sorry for blogposting

Is there ANY Okouchi-written show where the protagonist doesn't get betrayed?

It's still aots though

>mumei retained some of her former self
>didnt strike Ikoma's heart, just very close to it
>ikoma unexpectedly returns last episode
>defeats biba

it's coming and it's gonna be fucking retarded

Fuck off

PUNISHED IKOMA

hahha no

An old hermit is going to find him and give him the secret formula into becoming a Super Habanero

BUT HE DROWNED

Attack on Titan is shit
Kill yourself and your shit taste

The rogue kabaneri that Oniisama abandoned (think: that Ear guy and his former comrades) are gonna teach Ikoma new tricks, and he's gonna join their ranks.

I don't really see this ending in 2 episodes though, how will they pull it off?

They did a very good job with the sound direction in SnK. Not sure why they would make such a blunder this time.

samurai bro to the rescue!

Good point. Man, this season is really shitty when Kabaneri is aots. Everything else this season is more shitty than Kabaneri. Anime is dead

>That clean cut arm with no blood on it
Where did the budget go?

>Luluco

Ikoma WILL turn into a hive colony.

It's the only way for him to catch up to the train.

He will power up and he will fire his zombie laser beam and there is nothing you can do about it.

Hell yeah motherfucker.

I really loved the steampunk asthetic - trains, steamguns, etc. combined with the feudal japan. It was a marvel, really enjoyed the show just for the setting.
Then Biba showed up and brought fucking Final Fantasy technology, complete with bikes, miniguns and tubes that auto-collect blood like it's no big deal.
Not only did he ruin the story, he fucked up the show's setting.

What I'm trying to say is fuck Biba.

Why are we still here....just to suffer?

The body i've lost...the comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting.

SPOILER THIS

It feels electrifying

This show went downhill the moment Biba appeared.

well habanero of the iron curtain is probably just shit but i like to imagine that writers have a little more integrity than to just write a cheap SnK clone and that this is just some passage to build up for some later twist

överall it the same problem that kill la kill had. To the purpose to attract viewers the go all out the first episodes at the expanse of pacing. klk did a better job thou.

AOTS is Kiznaiver or Luluco. Kabaneri is still entertaining though, definitely not as bad as people are treating it

> desperately wants to turn Mumei into a normal human again
> now he has to give up his own humanity to save his friends and stop the evil pink guy
Is there any way this will not turn out horribly clichéd? I enjoyed the dynamic of the first episodes but ever since Biba appeared, everything feels so forced

I really like how she instantly recovered from a knife to the heart.

Were you actually expecting a good plot? I'm just here for the cool action scenes and cheesy buttrock.

Biba ruined this show.

> I expected nothing but still I am dissapointed.png

>Biba ruined this show.

Unanimous truth

Good lord, I haven't this big of a fucked up mistake since Five in Terror of Resonance

it was a takoyaki

>Biba ruined this show.

Anyone knows what the nips feel about him?

He saved the show. It was just a directionless mess before, now it has a great villain for the climax.

Do survival shows need a "big bad"?

Does...does everything need to have a villain? I would've liked if it had gone to the Mushishi/Medicine guy route - exploring and helping villagers with their newfound powers

>Do survival shows need a "big bad"?
A recurring villain? maybe.
A final boss? NYET.

This episode reminded me a lot of Snow Piercer, only a lot worse. If you're a fan of armed revolutions inside moving trains that's a move i'd highly recommend.

RIP Takumi, best bro
I somehow hope he gets asspulled back to life

I mean, this is bait/shitposting/devil's advocate or whatever. There's no way anyone thinks Biba is a great villain.

>Luluco
Yes, exactly.
>Luluco

Yeah, I loved the start but the show really went downhill the second that giant kabane hive thing showed up. Nothing is being explained, the hamfisted badguy was obvious a mile away, and everything except the bro love is retarded.

I think he will. The bullet didn't pierce his heart. He grabbed the stone. He's coming back. Believe it.

Why don't they just shoot Biba?
He's not faster than a bullet.

Sadly.

Punished Venom Ikoma when.

Why's Ikoma cutting his hair?
youtube.com/watch?v=6Uvu5nC-IMw

THEY FUCKING KILLED TAKUMI THE BASTARDS! WHY EVEN HAVE A SHOW AT THIS POINT.

Also this story got hamfisted really fucking fast. They should have stuck with zombie killing and screaming like they were good with instead of having Obvius Bad Guy-Sama come in with his stupid gay ass.

Ain't that the truth.

>Why's Ikoma cutting his hair?

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Grenzlinie is yet to play user

Who voiced Ikoma? I normally don't take a big notice of voice acting, but I felt like the guy who played him did an excellent job at it.

I hate characters like Biba because their entire thing of ONLY THE STRONG SHOULD SURVIVE LOL philosophy is fucking retarded.

Oh someone sniped your head from million miles away? I guess you werent strong enough to resist the bullet. Fuck its so fucking dumb.

It was because best boy gaijin-kun showed up

Some nobody.