Red pill me on the "Irish aren't white" meme

They are arguably whiter than the English, French, and German. I have Irish heritage and I have light brown hair, green eyes, and my skin is translucent

Muslims have higher IQ than Irish poeple

Its 97 now. Use the up to date version.

herro my azn brotherr

white? lol irish aint even human

one of the great examples of why the "white race" is a social construct

ship crashed off the coast of ireland upteen years ago. The irish killed the ship masters, but they let the black slaves live and settle there.

there you have it, the legend of the black irish

nobody actually says that Irish people aren't white for real
most of it's just jealousy over the fact that their country isn't a shithole already or the fact that they have higher in-group preferences, same with Jews

You are stupid as fuck that's Not what black Irish means you stupid burger.

europe is surrounded by potato niggers, pasta niggers, cabbage niggers, champagne niggers, roast beef niggers, and spics.

Actually "black" is just an old timey generic insult. We still call protestants "blacks" in Ireland. You were probably calling Irish people "black" when they came to the US because they were poor and stealing shit.

Black = bad rather than black = skin tone.

What about the stereotype of the swarthy dark Irishman? Is there some basis to that in the general population?

It's a historical meme started really by legitimisations of the English conquest of Ireland and extended to the USA by people of Nordic and English descent wanting to keep it that way. The use of the word white to exclude the Irish arose from the United States Naturalization Law of March 26, 1790, which specified that any free white person of good character and health could become a US citizen. How then to exclude the Irish that they don't want changing the culture and nordic/english Gene pool? Call them lesser, depict them as apelike in cartoons, call them nonwhite. Naturally, this is a bit silly considering the amount of Irish blood in some Englishmen and the other way around, but that's how it was. Besides concerns over the country's ethnic character, they wanted more or less cultural homogeneity and when the Irish came they did indeed act more criminal and there were cultural/religious tensions until they assimilated. Italians were sometimes called black in the 20th century, but, as with other white ethnicities, they've assimilated. It's not like they didn't have legitimate concerns over crime and such, and I can see why they would want to guide the development of the gestating American ethnicity, but it's been demonstrated that whites can and will cooperate once passing initial difficulties to make a fine country.

>Red pill me on the "Irish aren't white" meme

I don't get it either. You got to understand that there are allot of fucking retarded people on here. I'm Scotch-Irish and I'm whiter than most. I think some niglet or libtard found out they had some Irish background and made up some fucking fantasy (like they always do) for some retarded fucking reason. They are too stupid to know anything about Celtic bloodlines.

Its hard for me to take you seriously. Have you ever seen an example of a dark skinned or even brown irish person who isnt an african that moved here in the last 20 years?

does it suck, having black blood in your family tree? because that is what a dna test will show.

The term "black irish" was coined to describe dark haired, dark skinned irish people. From there it turned into the derogatory term we all know and love

Imagine being this insecure.

I didn't mean dark as in dark skin. Rather as in dark hair and eyes.

This is an old map. There's much lower percentage of blue eyes now in North/West Europe.

Even the blondest parts of Norway have people with brown hair and eyes so I am not sure what you mean.

>Red pill me on the "Irish aren't white" meme
Retarded Britbongs thinking they are funny
>OP got trolled by double digit IQ chavs

The stereotypical Irish I know have pale skin, blue eyes and black hair, whereas those who bred with the Scots (found in the north mainly) will be pale, but turn red easily, and usually have red or blondish hair.
When I go home (n.Ireland) I can actually identify between the protestants and Catholics to a scary degree of accuracy.
Irish are white, the whole thing about them being non white came from the English telling everyone they were inferior.

I dont think thats even true. We were british citizens up till quite recently. Before that, England and Ireland were the Kingdom of England and Ireland. The same country.

There are no dark skinned Irish people.

There are some people with sallow or light olive skin and this is where the Black Irish theme originates.

Possibly the last wave of Iberian immigration to the Isles, which brought the Celtic language, is responsible for this complexion.

Another point is that Black Irish could be applied to people with light skin and almost black hair. This would be an unusual phenotype to Americans of central and eastern European ancestry. Perhaps people of Irish descent thought Black Irish was a useful shorthand to explain their looks and background to Americans of non Isles heritage.

Irish American here, it's basically Anglo/Germanic/wasp/Protestant insecurity that white Catholics can actually build a better nation than them, America was built by Irish immigrants, Anglos just made up the ruling class because they were there first and Germanics made up the farming population, the Irish built the civilisation and urban America

I think they refer to Colin Farrell looking guys, which I bet are no more common in Ireland than England, especially the west of England

The prods and Catholics didn't mix. There's some notable differences between the ulster-scots and the Irish Irish. If you're south of Monaghan you probably don't notice that much

Ireland shouldn't be its own country. The only reason it happened is because England mistreated Ireland.

Anti Catholic sentiment was receding by the time Ireland broke away. The Irish fell for the nationalism meme of the 1900s.

What's more important, being a grandstanding republic which eventually whores itself to consumerism, or being Irish.

given enough time, the small amount of african blood will dilute.

In the past, third and fourth generation descendants of mixed children is what started the "black irish" legend.

There was a "blue american" of kentucky clan in the US for example. They are long gone, but we are still the red white and blue

irish are all niggers
beautiful and rich niggers

We are considerably better off than the average Brit now but dont worry. We have opened or borders just like you so in a few decades our population will have ballooned and the average person living here will be more foreign and poorer, just like England.

>whiter than the French

We are steppeniggers aka Indo-Europeans thus we're not as White as them

There's no African blood.

Isolated populations in NW Europe (Ireland, Norway) have people of very pale and 'swarthy' complexions within the same communities. In combination with wavy dark hair and increased body hair.

These are ancient traits, no one really knows what Europeans looked like before the Indo European languages were introduced.

White is a new world social construct and therefore is more fluid than ethnicity which is more concrete. The definition of whiteness depends on the consensus of the people and the Irish aren't white meme comes from a time when Irish people were discriminated against. Note that Sup Forums isn't one person which can be seen through its inconsistencies. Sup Forums claims white is the master race which makes one think that achievements are a good benchmark for whiteness yet they will then proceed to say that Italians are not white therefore implying this is not the case. So one will then turn to the only other possible explanation and will think that whiteness is based merely off phenotype and that light hair + eyes and pale skin is inherently superior arbitrarily. Of course the Irish satisfy this but aren't seen as white either. The only people who seem to be consistently rated as white are Anglo-Saxons and this stems from a time when whiteness meant just that. The same time from when the Irish weren't white. Basically the Irish aren't white meme is from the 1800's but in the real world today, is no longer relevant. If you're hung up on how Sup Forums sees you, you should reevaluate your priorities. Too many insecure Irish (and diaspora) newfags fall for this

you must have missed my very clear explanation of why there is african blood. let me point it out again

>we wuz irishes
Stop that.

Just back from a quick visit to the UK, drove through the streets for nearly 10 minutes without seeing a single white person.

irlande uber alles

>Ireland, western England
The areas with more Celtic % of DNA. Englishmen tend to be lighter because Anglo-Saxon and shiet. Irishmen, especially in NE Ireland mixed heavily with Scots and Norsemen = blonde/reddish hair

>no one really knows what Europeans looked like before the Indo European languages were introduced.
but we kinda do, like Sardinians

Every Irish person who visits the UK comments on how shabby and ghettoised it is. Lol.

Moors landed in Ireleand and mixed with them fool.

Romans also brought it.

>Just back from a quick visit to the UK, drove through the streets for nearly 10 minutes without seeing a single white person.

you were in Londonderry?

>Romans
>Ireland
Lel brainlet

If you're a native European, you're white enough for your own country. Shills will always claim some people are not white in order to divide us. They just don't understand that we are already divided. We want to live in our own countries. Whiteness doesn't matter from that perspective. To live in Finland, you will need to be Finnish. To live in Sweden, you need to be Swedish. Some overlap is of course allowed to happen between countries, but only what happens organically.

I find the Iberian hypothesis to be more plausible desu

The pompous Jew-lovers and destroyers of all white nations and cultures AKA the British are eternally butthurt about the Irish. Thats literally it.

Apply liquid nitrogen to DAT BURN!

Irish are White, the people claiming otherwise are stupid. Ireland is probably the Whitest place in the world, and I have no Irish heritage so no dog in this fight.

Describe the Catholics and protestants respectively. I'm interested to hear what the difference is.