A Kite/Yasuomi Umetsu

OVA release have more freedom because they don't need TV approval, but how was this released completely uncensored?
Doesn't nippon require pixelisation or lines in all cases?
Anyway, Kite, Mezzo Forte and Cool Devices were quite enjoyable. Is the rest of Umetsu staff worth checking out?
Kite/Umetsu thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ABuzLixLHnA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have no idea if this is true or not, because as far as I remember I've only read it here, but apparently the sex scenes needed to be added for it to be released in the first place.

His other stuff is interesting too.

It wasn't uncensored domestically. As far as I can remember he was told to add in those scenes so they could sell, the R-rated cut of the film works a lot better without the awkward cuts of sex.

Thanks for the infos.
I honestly don't mind the scenes, just find a bit useless those in Mezzo Forte as they have basically no ties/consequences on the characters (which instead they have in Kite and CD).
Would not have thought it was released censored in Japan, since those scenes had Japanese audio. Certainly an interesting choice.
Anyway, the animation/character design was top tier.

I haven't seen it, but Wizard Barristers looks like it has similar designs.

Oh, and have you seen Kite Liberator? I like it about as much as the original.

>Is the rest of Umetsu staff worth checking out?
Honestly he's not good as a series director. But if you're a fan like I am you should check out Galilei Donna and Wizard Barristers.

Also he did Bungou Stray Dogs' ED this season:
youtube.com/watch?v=ABuzLixLHnA

>OVA release have more freedom because they don't need TV approval, but how was this released completely uncensored?

Let me put it this way. The most violent anime are all OVA. Children actually think the strawberry jelly in Elfen Lied is significant.

Problem is that the story is suppose to make you feel bad for her yet the sex itself is too titillating to actually be shocking especially when she goes from petite teenager to busty adult in between takes.The implications of the R-cut is better since it makes the story easy to take seriously and is not as awkwardly placed. The difference between Kite and Mezzo is largely that Kite is a much better written story while Mezzo is just dumb fun, the sex is awkwardly placed in both both its made more apparent in Mezzo that he added them in just to make it sell.

The PV looks quite interesting (animation wise at least).

I have yet to watch Liberator and Mezzo DSA. Are they worth it?

That segment is super interesting from a direction standpoint.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably give Barristers a chance.

I completely agree, and by reading your comment it makes perfect sense to me that the scenes were probably required for release as previously pointed out by other anons.

Liberator has enough in it to make me like it. It's also not hentai.

>Would not have thought it was released censored in Japan, since those scenes had Japanese audio.
Clearly you're not familiar with ero anime. They censor genitals, usually with mosaics. Big ones in A KITE's initial release.

I'll certainly give it a try. Hentai or not doesn't make that much of a difference honestly, what I looked for was the direction/animation.

You are correct, as I was drawn mainly by the animation, not by it being an hentai.

>OVA release have more freedom because they don't need TV approval,
Yes and no. While they had as much freedom as an average late night anime has they still had to do with sponsorship and execs to actually get things into production and what were the OVAs that greenlighted more than others? Ultra violent sex filled pilots. Megazone 23 was one of the breakout hits of the 80's and kicked off the OVA boom mainly because it promised everything you couldn't get in TV anime and them some. Other OVAs followed the same suit after until it eventually died out into the 90's where the only things that sold were OVAs of already established properties instead of the wild and out original works i.e. failed TV pilots of the 80's. Ironically what killed the market was the rise of late night anime which promised much of the same thing only cheaper and on a weekly basis only edited.

>YFW no follow on of cool devices slave warrior maiya.

That's both awesome and hilarious. I really need to get into Kite and Mezzo one day.

Go for it, they are both 50/60min each. The Uncut versions features very explicit sex scenes, while the others not.

You made the same thread yesterday.

I don't really know how to prove it but that's not me, I swear.

I searched the archive and the thread you are referring to is about director freedom, not Kite itself (5 post out of 90 referring to it).
Next time check your facts please.