Is this the greatest manga ever written?

Is this the greatest manga ever written?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/8cd2G41u
youtube.com/watch?v=kA6rUU0K9xE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

that's why you get no replies

Yes

There will never be another manga quite like it ever again.

They look like frogs, so no.

Delete yourself. That's a beautiful robot.

All of Ashinano's works have a similar feel. Try Kabu no Isaki, it's really good.

Same with PositioN and Kotonoba Drive.

Blame is better

No

Bokurano, Sidonia and Gantz are at least as good.

While I find dumb to put just one title on pedestal I admit Yokohama is pretty darn great. Though when it comes to Ashinano I prefer Kabu to Isaki. That atmosphere was superb and the way the manga was constructed is amazing. Basically, first time you read it for the atmosphere. Then the ending happens and you go read the manga for the second time only now you're trying to put the pieces together.

If you want more mono no aware the go with Mushishi, Aria or Emanon.

for me this is.

no, this is

HOLY SHIT, IT FOUND A WAY!

fuckin sauce ?

plss

>Gantz
>good

pfffthahahaha

This is 100% no banter serious post.
I'm mostly read borderline and hentai to fap and I find manga scenarious too boring or too edge-ish.
But one exception exists.
HxH is the only manga I can appreciate with joyful emotions, I've reread it several times.
That's my autism, but I have to post this.

Qualia I think. It's like Madoka+Sliders.

cool thx

Purple Qualia? I remember the cell phone hand I don't remember the image you just posted.

The manga went into some really weird places.

Yes it is.

Yes.

I don't remember magical girls just girls that are robots.

Did you read the whole thing?

The MC starts jumping universes to try every possible way to save her crush. That includes becoming a magical girl and eventually god. She finally realizes none of that works and she can save her by just acting like a normal girl.

It's good, but nowhere near YKK good.
YKK stays with you forever.

Found a radio drama, by the way.
pastebin.com/8cd2G41u

It's like a three way tie for me between this, Punpun and Azumanga Daioh.

I couldn't bring myself to even finish Bokurano it was so trashy.

Also the greatest comic book. Yes.

It is, YKK is honestly the only anime or manga I actually consider a true masterpiece, nothing else I've read or watched even comes remotely close to how good it is.

I like the one with the planes better

Can you explain the ending for me, I still have no idea what the fuck happened.

Kabu no Isaki missed something and I can't tell what.
On the other hand Kotonoba and PositioN, while aproaches differently than YKK are amazing works.
Am I the only one who get stron Lovecraftian feeling from those two? I mean the original Lovecraft not his copycats.

Can't tell you because I haven't finished it yet

Literally what is the appeal of YKK?

Have you read it?

I read that as "gayest" and was about to agree.

Is there a more dull manga in existence?

Aria, a manga about nothing.

A few chapters. Does it get better?

>trashy
Is this what kids call it when a show is too hard and complex for them ?

I don't really want to sully Yokohama since It's great and all but you should definitely read more, greenhorn.

I had the opportunity to work in Kanagawa prefecture and visited a few spots associated with YKK.

I want to touch Alpha's butt

And?

People believe that the cafe is based on this building. It's not a real cafe though, just a private house so you can't go to it.

Hard to say, I think the better way to put it is that the more you read, the more you get invested in it? It's well written and very interesting, sucks you right into its world. I hope you'll read it all the way through.

It felt like violence and suffering for no real reason. Not even Ichi the Killer esque sadism, just absolutely aimless. Like he watched Evangelion and thought "I can do this too!" Granted I didn't read the last volume, but some user filled me in and I can't imagine the ending changing my mind. Art was nice though.

I want to turn Alpha lewd

>Bokurano is trashy
>doesn't call out fucking Gantz
You have some of the worst taste I've ever seen. Gantz is literally just a gorefest with bad drama; Bokurano is about life being shit and people dealing with that.

I haven't read Gantz so I didn't call it out.

Well, your taste is less shit, then, but still pretty shit.

I've read Gantz
It was alright

It's garbage. He just spattered blood and bad photo-editing everywhere, and then kept coming up with dumb shit like vampires and giants.

Maybe it is, I'm new to manga so I wouldn't know. Currently reading Chihayafuru, it's pretty alright.

Because I don't like Bokurano? I can't really agree with it being about "life being shit" when the nonsense the kids are forced through is so unreasonable. It's exploitative and stupid, shock value under the guise of being something more meaningful.

but gantz doesn't present itself as more than it is

How is it exploitative/shock value? It has more suffering than the real world generally does, no shit. So does NGE, which you brought up. So does Berserk, which I'd say is actually much closer to what you're describing than Bokurano is. So do plenty of things. But it's pretty purposeful and heightens the tension well (which I guess you could call exploitative, but to some extent that's how all fiction works). The kids dying after the fights is the whole premise and serves to force them to make decisions in the time they have left, like any other manga with that kind of premise. I don't think either you or I wants to go over every single kid's arc, but I think most of them were very effective scenarios for the characters - Anko wanting her dad's attention and her dad deciding not to cut the transmission; Komo's piano and the pilot who literally let his world die because he couldn't kill a kid anymore; Kirie's whole struggle to justify destroying another world and that great page with the other pilot's scars; etc. I don't think it's as senseless as you seem to be taking it at all.

He called it trashy, not pretentious, and his posts don't make it sound like he'd excuse shock value even if it was open about it.

Being fascinated by the mysterious state of the world + feeling melancholic as Alpha watches it pass her by

I've read a fair amount of the other highly rated stuff, and again nothing comes close. If you have something in mind that you think make me think twice feel free to point me in it's direction.

Impossible. The author is not Masamune Shirow.

>Emanon
>incoherent science the manga

Shirow's not even worth mentioning ITT. He did some decent manga, Oishi improved one of them for him, and then he went crazy and now only does hentai and gives people ideas for lesbian catbot manga.

>caring about "muh science" when the manga itself does not give a shit
I bet you sperg out whenever anyone mentions mecha.

You sound like an absolute faggot.

I really liked this. Watched the anime though; didn't read the manga past chapter 6.

Sword of the stanger.

>i'm too dumb to understand basic scientific theories
youtube.com/watch?v=kA6rUU0K9xE
is this you?

Emanon is pure atmosphere. The science stuff is there only to settle the background. I wish the original novels by Kajio Shinji got translated since they are really good (I'm able to somehow read them, but not-shit translation would be impossible). Emanon crushes standard mono no aware narrative a tiny bit in a way that in every story you basically follow new entity. It's basically the same "character" but it's somebody different in each story.

yeah.

>cancer thread about YKK

What makes you think it's cancer?

kotonoba gets creepy at times, too bad roselia scans are lazy with new scanlations

Dunno but its definitely my favorite.
Nothing comes close.