Has the quality of an anime/manga's fanbase ever prevented you from enjoying said anime/manga?

Has the quality of an anime/manga's fanbase ever prevented you from enjoying said anime/manga?

In the pure, unadulterated sense of just reading/watching a thing? No, absolutely not. That's silly and childish.

But there's the post-watching activities to consider. I like coming here and just seeing what other people are saying about this series, or what they think about this or that.

The issue is when it gets way too popular for its own good, especially with people that aren't at least attempting to watch anime seasonally and migrate over when something becomes the flavor of the season.

The Berserk anime will be Berserk threads on Sup Forums's death knell.

Kumagawa fans made it really hard to enjoy parts of Medaka Box even though Kumagawa is a great character.

Not really, if a fanbase is annoying enough I'll just avoid the threads.

Re Zero is an example of that, I'll just skim a thread when the latest episode is out then bail.

Nope, that's fucking stupid

From enjoying the work itself? No, that would be autistic.

It has stopped me from engaging in discussions about the shows though, which is kind of a shame. Evangelion, for example, just gets trolled and meme'd to hell and back when people try to discuss it, but I guess at least everything that needs to be said about that series has been said by now. I wish the "eva is deep" meme would die though. Eva's themes are extremely simple and shallow.

Yes, /u/ ruins everything.

This.

Honestly, no one should give a fuck about others opinion. It is just another way to make reddit or mal relevant if you decide to make it that way. Cancerous or not, you should blame your own bullshit by bringing your complaints about an anime just on a fanbase. Don't give a fuck. Who cares? Just watch it yourself and don't project the idiocy of fans onto the work at hand. Countless people fell to this idiocy (for example, a guy likes One Piece and does not like Berserk. Yes, he's a pleb. And believes Berserk to be terrible because he doesn't like the fanbase.). You know how people's opinions fail? Because of their own projection of people based on the work at hand. You want to be like this? It's hypocrisy at its finest.

I'm too old for subculture shit.
>It has stopped me from engaging in discussion
This. There is pretty little shows you can discuss with Sup Forums degenerates. Expect of trainwreks and some shitposter friendly like Nasuverse. The worst "fanbases" I think are LN based. For example at begining in Overlord threads you won't able to say bad things about Ainz or LN because it will trigger kids and you become number one enemy of thread. Even if your read Overlord before those shitters got translation.

No, because I'm not an irritable faggot.

Yes, it is stupid but it happen to every popular anime i watch, from Cowboy Bebop to Nozaki-kun.

Sometimes even obscure shit like Busou Shinki Moon Angel that i actually liked it a lot or Cossette no Shouzou is destroyed by reading something i dislike.

I supose i'm just a faggot. I don't even know why i come to imageboards and forums to discuss anime, i think i don't even like anime.

No because i'm not a fucking retard who goes looking for that sort of shit. Discussing said thing may end up being a problem, but that's about it, i can still enjoy the work without caring about the autistic fanbase.

Nope, I'm not that autistic

Yeah, SnK.

I ended up watching it like a year later and thought it was great. Also caught up with the manga.

Fucking this.

>Not really, if a fanbase is annoying enough I'll just avoid the threads.
This

I can't go into the SNK threads because of that, it's always husbando/waifu posters and it's the same thing every single time.

Yes.
I wish I could leave Sup Forums forever.
But I know I'll come back tomorrow.

No because I'm not an autistic child
I actively avoid discussions of SnK though because the fanbase is a little too weird for me

Of course not. In fact it would take a retard to actually fall for this reasoning.

No, but it has prevented me from trying to deliver meaningful discussion about it.

No, but if I don't like something and the fanbase is terrible, it will leave an even worse taste in my mouth.

I always articulate my opinions and point out exactly what I didn't enjoy about an anime only to be met with "You are watching it wrong!" followed by several autistic spergings using certain phrases from said anime and it gets quite aggravating. I've seen enough anime to know exactly what I like and don't like and flat out telling me I'm wrong because opinions feels like a slap in the face.

No, nor the hatebase. You see, it's a mental thing. When you actually start using your brain, you don't follow others like sheep, nor derive excitement from attention whoring le trolling popular series

It's dumb, but it does sometimes.
For example, when people keep praising the character I dislike, I start to hate that character even more because I spend time arguing and pointing out every single flaw

I just try to avoid the threads to not get annoyed

Not really, it's just a shame that you can't discuss the Jojo anime since the threads(generals) are so fucking cancerous it's not even funny.

They can only prevent me from shitposting on Sup Forums about it.