Haifuri/High School Fleet

Episode 11 is out.

>it's an autistic fits of incompetence episode

Will the Spee appear again?

>>it's an ___________ episode

Fuck off back to your board you cancerous crossboarder piece of shit.
Fucking newfag

>it's an edgy contrarian post

It had to, Mii-chan must come back for her slave.

oh god, the forced drama, why the fuck every anime has a shitty forced drama episode near the fucking end?

Give me an example of non-forced drama.

The real question, will Munetani mom ship's crew be milfs? this is important.

You sound pooper peeved. Wanna talk to mommy about it? Ah boo-boo pee-pee

Wow

You now remember the submarine filled with stinky boys and that shadow we saw. Will it be forgotten because it meant nothing?

What shadow?
The submarine is irrelevant.

Period synchronization is a myth.

I'm amazed at how fast high school girls in fleet training can translate Morse.

Imagine the odor in the ship when all the girls' periods synch up, that and getting in the bath with your crew and see the water turn red real fast.

Drama induced by actual events happening on screen. For example, if at least one member of Mike's crew got hurt before this episode, Mike's break down now would feel more natural (in the sense of being a natural consequence of what came before in the show) and easier to relate to for the audience.

And I'll be the bread on which they'll spread themselves.

Oh you mean like Shiro almost drowning in a sinking ship?
Gotcha.

The bread is Mike.

And episode 9. Airbags won't save them if the Musashi lands a hit.

No I mean actually getting hurt. The Shiro thing was stupid since she went to rescue a cat and whatnot. There's no you could make the audience feel any sense of danger that way. And you can't make the audience get into Mike's fears if you can't even manage to make them feel any sense of danger.

In order for any drama not to feel "forced" you gotta make the audience feel invested in it.

ara, obake desu wa

Now you're grasping at straws.

It's the kind of stuff you'd find in any book or course on writing fiction.

You mean that time when there was no real sense of danger and a rescue team conveniently arrived at exactly the right time?

She was in danger of drowning to death. Going to save a cat doesn't change that. The show already makes you feel invested with the crew through all the SoL. It makes them feel like a real family.

Why does Mike get 2 girls after her?

>The show already makes you feel invested with the crew through all the SoL. It makes them feel like a real family.
It's an incredibly dull family where I can't tell apart 90% of the family members.

>The show already makes you feel invested with the crew through all the SoL
I mean invested in the situation, in the danger they're going through.

Honestly, I don't feel any sense of danger in this show. And I'm not the only one there. The series just doesn't convey the stakes properly.

>Mike's break down now would feel more natural
Mike break down makes sense if you remember that she said that no one got injured because of her luck. That's her problem more than people getting hurt on its own, it's the same doubts about her skills she had since the first episode.

The only thing that I felt the show was lacking was the fact that they never even try to get the audience invested in Moka, so Mike spending the whole show after her just feels really tiring.

Why did the blumers send 4 LCS against a BB on open water?

That's just you, I felt that many were memorable. For example, episode 10 made Maron very likable.

>she said that no one got injured because of her luck
Except that doesn't make sense because they didn't overcome just one situation. They got on top multiple times. If it's all luck, it's supernatural luck or something. Far from making Mike's fear relatable, that just makes the whole thing feel retarded.

>. The series just doesn't convey the stakes properly.
Because there are no stakes here. There never were for fuck sake, them making big issues out of the rice cooker being broken and the lack of toilet paper was supposed to tell you exactly that. Everything in this show is done to not give you the point of view of the girls but of someone who is looking at them and thinks what's happening is silly/dumb.

Just because you know they'll live doesn't mean there's no sense of danger. That's like saying capeshit movies have no sense of danger because you know the main characters aren't going to die.

>Because there are no stakes here
I agree. Which is why Mike's fears feel forced.

>Expected Panzshit

I was expecting Kancolle.

Bridge crew, doctor, Maron and trash are pretty much the only ones who've had any sort of characterisation.

Then can I be the ketchup and join in the fun?

Why did they fire ASROCs against a BB? Why did they shoot it with the Bofors that somehow has a lower rate of fire than the Musashi main battery? We will never know.

I don't know what they were thinking. Most characters get no screentime whatsoever while others are just spouting the same one-liners every episode.

Mike's lack of self-confidence makes her think it was all luck. There's also how the Musashi is in a totally different league compared to all the other ships they faced so far.

No, in her world there is danger and everything is serious. We know she is wrong but she thinks that there is real danger of someone dying.

No, she is competent (and lucky), but she THINKS it's all down to luck. She's in a spiral of self loathing and fear that started when she had to give up on the Musashi the first time and got worse when Shiro almost drowned.

>Just because you know they'll live doesn't mean there's no sense of danger.
Of course, but you can create plenty of sense of danger even if you know everyone's going to live. People actually getting hurt from time to time would help, for instance. Also, a bit of sol is okay, but the staff should be able to keep some sense of dread even during sol moments (look at Yuuki Yuuna beach episode for an example of this).

Execution plays a bit part here. It's not enough to tell the audience that something is dangerous. You've gotta make them feel it.

Their lives are at stake in addition to the lives on the Musashi and the people on land in danger of being bombarded.

>she is competent

Hey, she did get results.

That's already ten people. I think Macchi and Marikoji also got a good amount of characterization.

>No, in her world there is danger and everything is serious. We know she is wrong but she thinks that there is real danger of someone dying.
That's a writing issue right there. It's not enough that Mike is afraid for her crew. You gotta make the audience fear for them too. Otherwise there's like a disconnect between what the characters feel and what the series actually convey, and it shouldn't be like that.

>Drama induced by actual events happening on scree
Like fire command post (or whatever that was) being destroyed and its crew only surviving due to air bags, which probably wouldn't help in the slightest against direct hit from Musashi?

>Their lives are at stake
That's what they say. That danger isn't properly conveyed so.

People on the Harekaze got bruises and the ship took serious damage on episode 9. They should have put more serious wounds but people still have gotten hurt.

After all they went through, that alone is too little too late.

>Otherwise there's like a disconnect between what the characters feel and what the series actually convey, and it shouldn't be like that.
That's exactly what they wanted to do. They could have done 100 things to make us fear for them but instead they went out of their way to actually disconnect us from them.

If I have to guess what they wanted to achieve, it was the same thing GuP did (ie let you know nothing bad can happen to the girls) without taking the sports aspect. The only problem with this is that the anime went too fast and 12 episodes were not enough. I have no doubts they planned this to be a 24-26 episodes anime.

Because they haven't actually engaged the Musashi.

Why don't the sea sluts have any air power? You could literally just drop bombs on the battleship and it wouldn't be able to do anything with its primitive ww2 era aa guns.

Non-existent in this universe.

Then why do they have aa guns if planes don't exist?

Drones.
Helicopters.

Those didn't exist back in the ww2 days.

Maybe ww2 never happened in this universe.

In any case, there's no reason why they wouldn't be able to build planes if they have drones and helicopters.

Jesus fuck when are people going to die already

Balloons.

>>>/madoka/

Is this show worth watching, Sup Forums?

>second to last episode
>still thinking this show attempts to convey a sense of danger
So many issues with this show and some people somehow pick a non-issue to complain about.

No, especially if you like GuP.

The whole show should have been like episode 10 and scrap the shitty military thing.

It's nothing like GuP anyway so what kind of statement is that

Do you like watching cute girls?

I like both.

I watched and liked GuP but I also like HaiFuri.

It's like a stupid cute girl. Appealing from the outside but kinda empty when you know her.

You already have a million high school sol shows to choose from.

Nice samefagging cancer.

There can never be too many shows about cute girls doing cute things.

I like both GuP and Haifuri

Not really. Remember, they are students who are not suppose to see actual combat and has yet to have their official training mission to get them accustomed to their ships. All things considered, this breakdown was a long time coming.

They are under-aged, under-prepared, under-powered, and under an obscene amount of pressure. I'll be more worried if they didn't have any sort of fear in them, especially since the enemy does not give a shit about killing other people.

You fucking retard. There are barely any. Retard.

Maybe play down the sol a bit. Remove the sillier jokes and make everyone a little more aware they're fighting "for real." Remember that ova about girl pilots from Shirobako? I think Haifuri would be way better if it had a similar vibe.

Are cute girls going to die in this show?

No.

no

Honestly, there are tons of reason why planes don't/shouldn't exist in this verse. I mean, if there have relatively little-to-no wars, then planes aren't a necessity, especially since they've switched over to a maritime-heavy society due to the whole tectonic situation.

You mean play up the SoL and give everyone better characterization, preferably dedicating an episode to each department or something. The cast feels like such a waste of potential.

No and hopefully never.

But I thought they were going to fight the Musashi?

>You mean play up the SoL and give everyone better characterization
>implying you can only develop characters during sol moments.

The rest of the world never sank and planes have huge relevance for civilian purposes as well, so no.

fuck you. i'm trying to eat

>die
The answer is always no.

>But I thought they were going to fight the Musashi?
They are. So?

Can't wait for mom time.
>Because there are no stakes here.
That's only what you assume because nothing has happened yet (and isn't likely to happen either because we know the nature of the show). For the characters who are getting bombarded by the Musashi, though, I'm fairly sure that they know that getting hit would fuck their shit up and that's why Mike is afraid. Why should they assume that they're in a cute cartoon world where nobody dies?
We also know that Mike is famous for being lucky, she even stated that the only reason why nothing bad has happened to them yet is pure chance. God damn it edgefags please stop being angry because these girls aren't dying or because there wasn't any deep plot about conspiracies and mutinies and try to enjoy the show for the cute girls and occasional naval combat that it's worth.

If that puts you off than you need to lurk another year or so.

Kisaragi died in KanColle, though.

>Can't wait for mom time.
>implying she's not getting late to the party.

I'd rather pretend that that show never existed. There was a cute OVA about the DesDiv6 and that was it.

It's appropriate for a cute and lighthearted show like this, and by all means it should still happen in the action scenes, but those tend to dedicate a lot of time to action.