Sup Forums Approved Philosophy

Who's your favorite philospher Sup Forums and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zDWom7hWl1Y
ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/essays/contents.html
iep.utm.edu/aquinas/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was right you know.

Made this myself.

Schopenhauer. “Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim.”

Hitler

Sure glad you claimed it on an anonymous internet image board. We will all cite you as the source when we re-post this image!!

>Vajra
I like that anime too.
youtube.com/watch?v=zDWom7hWl1Y

Well I don't want people to be like you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I just wanted to say that so it would be known it's not some copy paste bullshit.

goddamn...and we think we are no longer in the dark ages

Voltaire is my go-to.

>I just wanted to say that so it would be known it's not some copy paste bullshit.

Yikes!!!

diogenes. aristotle is normie-tier bluepilled shit

stay spooked kiddo

Plato said "You can learn more about a person in an hours worth of play than you can in yearsworth of conversations"

This is true as fuck. We are all Homo Ludens.

only degenerates read up on philosophers

gods book is all you need faggots, burn in hell

Diogenes is too extremist for my tastes, too nihilistic, cynicism is the blackpill. Stoicisms where it's at

SPINOZA for maximum BTFO to jews

stoicism wouldnt have been possible without the original cynicism.
philosophy is about extremes, in order to convey a message. philosophy is no longer relavant because over time people make exceptions to rules. diogenes was true old school, with opinions simple enough to understand, yet not many people are able to follow.

None, I can think for myself

Of the dozens of philosopher's who I've read he's still the only one with a consistent, complete, and internally correct philosophy.

Don't believe me? Read "On Women":

ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/essays/contents.html

"Spinoza's ancestors were of Sephardic Jewish descent"

always seems jews themselves are the only ones who seem to criticize themselves thruout history

>SPINOZA for maximum BTFO to jews
What about Luther?

Welp, I'm intolerant but have given up and am now Apathetic......I wish the sentient cheeto would fucking me in the ass though to be quite honest, bet it's HUGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEee and he would Make Anal Great Again

Plato was a cuck.

damn did he say that? based Franklin having three ways with the king and queen of France, having been born a slave

shit yes

Voltaire. If you ask me why, I’ll give you a nice pair of black eyes.

Stfu Achmed. I’ll fuckin do you

Henry George for obvious reasons

Wilhelm Reich for being one of the only people in Freud's circle whom Freud hated, Einstein hated him also

Carl Jung

Trithemius, Bishop of Spongheim

Julius Caesar

Marcus Aurelius

Sun Tzu

unfortunately icycalm is my favorite. i know half the reason why he appeals to me so much is because i'm bipolar as fuck

>What about Luther?
he's great,

Spinoza and John Calvin fall into a similar category for me

>ITT: quotes that Drumpftards are too stupid to understand

Sartre

Everyone on pol seems to like Greek philosophers from 2500 years ago because it's about all they can understand.

underrated post. good job user.

oh yeah, Orpheus and Hermes Trismegistus, can't forget them

henry george is gud.
marcus aurelius is not a philosopher tho the meditations is essential reading
everyone else sucks especially Jung

"Normies don't want the ugly truth, they want the pretty lies"

-Nietzche

Aquinas

Read some some decent philosophical texts and you'll realize how much better some people are at thinking than you.

All philosophy is good philosophy.

who doesn't senpai. absolute truth is unattainable and reality as we perceive it is awful. may as well live in a dreamworld of beast-like fervor.

Wrong. Very little philosophy is good philosophy

Don't really have a favorite, but my least favorite is Locke. Tabula Rusa destroyed the West, Innatism is the Chad philosophy. Enlightenment is the virgin one

because he knows how to ride the tiger

All philosophy is good philosophy, because all philosophy can be debated therefore came to a consensus to.

>the eternal burger

Yes the pleasant dream od equality does lead to a 'beast-like' state.

Apathy isn't a virtue

Seneca

ignoring your grammatically incorrect sentence you almost have a point. all philosophy is good philosophy because all rigorous thinking is good for you. you don't have to agree with what you read to get something out of it.

Underrated post

People having stupid opinions isn't a good thing, philosophy is about finding what's true, not about uselessly debating for no reason

>I kid because I care

Blame the education system, dropping out of school save me from being another hopeless burger. The internet is where the real knowledge now rests, not universities.

Holy shit I like that one, I want to read Schopenhauer now, user buy yourself a beer and pretend I've bought it to you - you're deserving it.

It is also know that brain brings out best insights and revolutionizing ideas in lucid dreams, play, in shower when it's clearly not feeling like trying.

So I can see why Plato felt that way, for him at least it came from direct experience backed up by a strong desire to learn more about the human soul.
So yea you can learn a lot about somebody but the most important thing of all, that psychology also teaches is to listen, like really listen and don't talk about yourself - even if you play.

You need as much canvas as possible to see the whole painting. If you're keen on observing art.

He was a freemason

hell is a mental state, I guess you would burn there if that's the greatest psychological fear you have which is capable of holding your entire being down with ever allowing you to escape it.
For most people it's probably seeing something which made them blame God over and over again, never being capable of accepting their fate.

>you need to know things that are false to know what is true XDDDD
>t. first-semester philosophy student

>Jung
We iz hindusim now.

Emil Cioran, though he didn't really develop a cohesive philosophy per se, just came up with some of the most insanely bleak aphorisms imaginable, to the point that they actually make you feel completely hopeless while unable to keep from bursting out laughing at the same time.

(((Wittgenstein))) too, though I'm far more interested in his biography than I am in his work in philosophy. He was like a fucking alien. Completely mad, intense, and brilliant.

We need faggots like you to perceive this shit hole reality we exist in and become slaves to demiurge.

I had to read excerpts from that for a religion course in college back in the early 00s. An early redpill experience.

Hegel and Heidegger

He was Socrates gone amde, according to Plato.
Literally brought up the shit in anyone's arguments, including Plato himself, without giving an actual fuck about the repercussions. However, Diogenes never really talked about any way to improve upon the logical error he found in others' work, he just went full satirical and show them what pretentious assholes they were.
Basically he's Sup Forums; starting shit just to disturb the status quo, using the failures of the system against itself.

Epictetus.

Underrated.
I prefer Saint Augustine, thought.

I'm sure they are, I just don't see the point. I've dabbled in the popular guys like Nietzsche. But I just don't understand what the point of it is.

I think it overly glorifies what we really are, philosophy seems to just be masturbation. I think you can learn more by simply studying foreign languages to break down the scaffolding of language that constructs your thoughts to discover a new way of processing reality.
The only real things are measurable, if you can't measure it, it is not real

his viewpoints basically were simplified to be morally virtuous means to be with nature rather than civilization and that any constructions of the human mind including his own are only able to take the simplicity of human life and make it more complicated.

there needs no further elaboration on anything other than criticism of others because he never believed in progression of humans or pursuit of anything overe merely just existing.so basically yes, a parasite. yet people built statues of him.
goes to show that even based old geezers who piss on others gain respect just by rejecting society as a whole

thank you

Of/c Nietzsche

We live under (((inverted))) values and it started with that Jew-educated Plato. Get over your autistic
>muh logic
and become creative, intuitive. Flow outward. TBQH if you haven't drank deeply of Nietzsche you are bluepilled. And he actually writes with style.

He's the opposite of a fedorafag; he constantly BTFOs faggy muh-logic armchair philosophers who can't into women

>Games aren't a real thing goy
Fuck (((Wittgenstein)))

Aristotle is based

Thomas Aquinas

iep.utm.edu/aquinas/

T R U T H
The perfect case for WN, right there in the greatest fucking philosopher to ever live. And they call us "extreme," a "fringe." The Vibrancy Regime is what's extreme.

Sorry, Sup Forums, my roommates are talking about how bad it is to be "homophobic" and it has me in a bit of a snit. This is INSANITY that we live under. Good news is it can't possibly stand, there are so many Whites left, and most, if not fully redpilled, are at least conservative. And it's the conservatives who are mentally healthy enough to have and raise children mentally healthy enough to have an raise children...etc.

We're gonna fucking win.

GTKRWN

hoppe and nietzsche

Kant.

I'm a big fan of the 2nd categorical imperative.

A tossup between this dude right here, Socrates, and Lao Tzu. Socrates is far more important for us Westerners in terms of impact than the other two but what the Buddha and Lao Tzu said is also pretty goddamn meaningful.

>jew educated plato

this is satire

How true is that though. Tolerate shit and don't give a shit.

if it's useless it's not real debating