Are motorcycles a redpilled form of transportation that are practical, inexpensive and self-maintainable...

Are motorcycles a redpilled form of transportation that are practical, inexpensive and self-maintainable, or are they just good sources of donor organs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B4KqJYDwxsk
youtu.be/UDE23vdy_5Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not really, not really, yeah I guess.

They're less practical than cars now but when SHTF you'll be glad to have one.

my bike gets ~70mpg when i ride it respectably
that being said my dad was killed by a teenager who was texting. if youre sober the biggest risk to a rider is other people and animals like deer

I'm sorry about your old man.

Will the rise of autonomous cars make motorcycles more viable?

i live in the middle of fuck all nowhere.
self driving cars are something i just dont think about. itll be interesting to see the transition if it ever happens though. probably will start in the cities, i can already see the miles upon miles of blacktop patches where youll have to leave your "analog" vehicle to have access to the nearby city

Who cares? They are fun as fuck. Eleven years riding so far and I'm still in possession of all my organs. Plus you feel manly as all get out, go buy a bike or two and make yourself a happy person.

...yes.

would also like to say that we were asked if we wanted to donate my fathers organs, we agreed and an actual doctor came in and explained that since he died from blunt force to the torso, they werent going to even attempt to harvest. i guess youd need to have your head cut off or something

1. depends on where you live, here in michigan you get about 5 months or less a year to ride.
2. inexpensive. depends on the brand and model you want.
3 self maintainable: get some tools, get some knowledge, you'll be fine.
4. yes.

this said, riding with your buddies is a whole lot of fun.

Yes, yes, and yes

Your dad wasnt paying attention I am sorry. I hate seeing those watch out for motorcycle stickers. You need to pay attention yourself

Practical? Depends where you live and Job
Inexpensive? Ha Ha, you really don't ride do you
Self maintainable? Depends on the motorbike and how handy the owner is wrenching

security footage showed there was no time to react. the girl tore through a parking lot and made a left turn on red. the intersection had shrubbery and shit preventing a proper view which was cut down shortly after that incident

>Someone who doesn't ride

Its alright is you have the right gear.

You have clearly never been on a motorcycle.

This isn't political and does not belong here.

yes, lets go back to the BBC and single tweet threads that always reach bump limit

I only use mine to drive through the mountain. If I die it would be because I did something stupid on a rock or something, not because some stupid woman or teen was texting and hit me. People is fucking stupid so be careful out there.

here's your (((you))) bait
ride enough in Toronto and the chinks and pakis will kill you eventually no matter how many eyes you have look and paying attention

15 year rider, started when i was 16, helmet less rider for 12 years. (Arizona) i ride the metro areas phoenix, east valley

>practical
not if your trying to move shit
>inexpensive
depends on how often you drop your bike
>self-maintainable
what? i guess

that day dreaming shit that you do in your car? you can't do that on a bike. no, you arn't allowed to recite song lyrics in your head, don't think about your grocery list. complete and utter focus. you better be riding like a paranoid schizo. your butthole better pucker through every intersection, next to every freeway off-ramp, in the blind spots of every car.

You should spend a good hour scrolling through r/watchpeopledie you'll change your mind.
>inb4 plebbit - that sub has made me more situationally aware. I also made my wife watch it for that reason

>is X redpilled?
DO NOT REPLY TO SPAM
COUNTER SLIDING BY POSTING THAT WHICH IS BEING SLID IN SLIDETHREADS
Senator Grassley has revealed that Comey drafted his letter ending the Clinton investigation before interviewing witnesses
NFL is bleeding sponsors
Fellarca has been arrested
Saint Louis is entering a twelfth consecutive night of tolerated rioting
Moore trouncing Strange

Literal retard
If someone driving a car rams into your car is it your fault for not looking?
The difference is on a motorcycle the driver at fault can seriously injure you than if you were protected by a car

>Rides 5 months a year...

Get a sidecar you wimp!

>NFL
>somehow not spam

Somewhat agree here, was driving to college to meet with friends running late so I was going 90 the whole way there with my bike getting pushed around by the wind real hard. Was spooky listening to the air rushing by wish I could ASMR it

I love riding. $10 gets me a full tank of gas that lasts for a long long time. Plus I get mad props from friends and it feels amazing to control. You get to take in your landscape better too if you're driving somewhere nice, 360 degree no hood blocking your view

ran my bike into the side of a car at 60mph because some mexican thought he could beat me when making a left turn across my lane.

bikes are great but eventually youll get fucked up, the severity will vary.

I work as a courier and by 8:00 am i have already driven about 80 miles on i drive on winding roads and with rain about a third of the year, i haven't got in one accident on the job and have been driving motorcycles for over 25 years.

Don't fall and you'll be fine.

>Are motorcycles a redpilled form of transportation

Yes. They've made me hate every driver on the road over the past 24 years of riding one.

Mostly they are just fun. Not reliable transport because riding in rain/snow/freezing cold/strong wind really really sucks. Also not able to transport much more than 1-2 bags of groceries at a time.

Bikes tend to get great gas mileage, make you much more involved in the experience, more aware of your surroundings, are small and maneuverable when compared to cages, and often far out-accelerate and perform most other vehicles on the road.

Best fun on the road. That being said, you will get into an accident even if you are safe. Make sure you have engine guards and wear safety gear and don't be an idiot, it's really not worth it. If you are in a large city its bad because lots of cars and they never watch where they are going. In the country side, animals kill.
Remember that it's most likely the speed that kills you. I've been in two accidents myself, none were caused by me and I walked away from both although to this day I don't remember what happened in one. I was just walking around when I came back trying to get myself to the center divider.
Get a good helmet and have fun.

>finished first day of MSF course today (2 day course)
>havent ridden before today but I love riding and can't wait to pass the course & get a bike
>but I wouldn't daily a bike because people in my city drive like shit

>falling for the two wheeled jew

Enjoy permanent disfigurement or death

Of course they are, but remember guys, more than two strokes is a wank.

Correct.

I got hit by a car once and I was paying full attention to the roads. Luckily they had good reaction time and slammed on their breaks. Accident was caused by construction vehicles obscuring my view of the road

>being too scared to ride
>preferring to only use a vehicle that surrounds you in a cage and air pillows

Some people are such vags

Partially, yeah.

Getting t-boned in an intersection by someone running a red light or stop sign is the only time the victim can be considered totally blameless

bike of /pol
trap in the sissy seat

They say never assume, it makes an ass out of you and me. However, on a motorcycle you should use assumption whenever possible. Always assume you are not seen, always assume all drivers want to kill you. Hope for the best but plan for the worst and have a plan.

rd400

I'm willing to bet you haven't even driven a car, let alone a bike. Be quiet.

First, they're not inexpensive.
You'll change tires on them ten times more often then on cars. Even if you Jewbag it by buying the 1 front for every 2 rear tires.

Commute?
Holy fuck. No fun at all. The entire time you have to worry about the cocksuckers drinking their coffee and flipping there fingers on their phones while driving. No moment of peace during traffic.

On the good side, you can zip through traffic. Get to work on time regardless of accidents on the road or not.

Another positive as I've seen written here, fucking excellent relaxant. Get all your worked up tension and metaphorically remove the thorned stick jammed up your ass during the week by taking a wonderful weekend canyon ride.

They're about as or more practical than a car, if you're just getting from point A to point B. Not as good for transporting anything of size though.

The sidecar for utility and/or man's best doggo.

Friend of a friend died racing on the freeway at night

no seatbelts on a motorcycle
wouldn't recommend a motorcylce, but if you're gonna ride--get an airbag vest/jacket and wear your helmet

t. car driver

The amount of times cars have pulled out in front of me when they're coming out of a junction is beyond belief.

You need to add about 25 more scenarios to that list

>not owning a convertible for that open air feel, while being able to get groceries and take that qt for a spin along the coast and through the mountains.

Enjoy impressing no one but other men

Commute like a BOSS.

youtu.be/B4KqJYDwxsk
youtu.be/UDE23vdy_5Q

>less practical than cars
What? Unless you are going grocery shopping or transporting a family or picking up something you can't put in a backpack, they are far more practical than a car. Far better gas mileage, much easier to maneuver through traffic, depending on the size of the bike; easier to move out of the way if it breaks in the middle of the road, better parking, just as fast if not faster than the average car. If you know how to ride, then you don't need to worry about donating your organs, only time you worry is when the cager next to you doesn't look out her fucking window before merging, but again if you know how to ride then you can just throttle out or maneuver.

I ride a motorcycle. My entire body is ruined by a lifetime of drugs, alcohol, obesity, diabetes and smoking. Checkmate faggots.

Or, you know, don't race on freeways at night.
Just a thought.

No, they are going to do everything they can to discourage privately owned vehicles. The system they envision works best when all vehicles on the road are automated.

My best friends organs were not suitable for donation because of the impact

>Friend of a friend died racing on the freeway at night
>racing
Not the bikes fault. Your acquaintance was a fucking retard.

There was some dickweed where I group up that was racing a friend of his and van pulled out in front of him. He slammed into the back, through the double doors and the tank exploded in the van killing a whole family.

They don't have a future in the self-driving dystopia, they will regulate them and discourage people at first, then ban them for everyone but the rich, just like normal cars.

Liberals of the road
>wahh, we drive like maniacs and ride the line but WATCH FOR BIKERS!
>we shouldn't have to wear a helmet even though everyone else has to wear seatbelts!!
>our motorcycles have to be loud and annoying or people will run into us!
>I have to rev my motorcycle right outside your window because it would totally stall out otherwise even though I consider it the best engine ever made too
>biker gangs sell drugs and illegal firearms and break the law but we're totally based and nothing like those nigger gangs

Car pulled out my friends kids have no dad don't get on a motorcycle

>convertible
Faggot detected

Fuck you, I'm tired of almost getting run over by wetback spics. Fuck them.

Hes right though

Too many idiots on road, wearing all the gear is a pain in the ass, can't ride to office in rain, you end up smelling like shit. Gotta watch out for black ice in winter. They are fun for leisure but not really as a commute vehicle.

the car didnt want to racemix

I can avoid idiots just fine, not much gear needed for town driving, i don't work in an office and it never rains anyway, and it doesn't freeze here.

I wish I were back home where it does freeze though. Small truck and a bike would be the best combo imo...

I dunno, one of my cousins got in a motorcycle accident and wound up in a full body cast

The roads are dangerous enough driving a car