How come americans don't use any construction materials in their houses?

How come americans don't use any construction materials in their houses?

Fuck off. You couldn't even construct a mud hut on your own, euronigger.

Why are you so negative? I thought americans are very positive and happy people.

Every time a tree dies an angel gets its wings.

because muh economy and fucking retarded construction standards

they are cheap.

For some areas like hurricane prone or flood areas, building a nice stone house is a pointless waste.
Personally I would love a stone house or a nice log home with chinking. They can last for hundreds of years easily. A metal roof is good for 50. Slate roofs I hear last longer but are easily damaged by wind. Copper roofs can last a long time but the cost makes me nuts shrivel.
Standard 2x4 construction is cheap and with lots of information on the internet about it, can easily be done by just about anyone. Personally I if i where to go with standard construction methods I would want 2x6 walls minimum and metal roofing and siding. Something like that is good for 100 years.

for real
houses made out of construction paper are the shit

huh what? where are the bricks tho?

I can say from experience that building a frame like OP's pic from ground-up out of a pile of wood is a highly gratifying and wondrous experience, especially when it is your own home.

> live in FL
> houses built from concrete block

They will need gutted and renovated anyway in 50 years. If you haven't tried to install central AC to a Victorian-era home, or do major electric work overhaul, or plumbing updates (ie., updating a bathroom or an addition) it's absolute hell on older homes. It is much, MUCH easier to work on modern homes, and by the time they would get unstable they will have been updated several times anyway.

We already are having to incorporate smart home tech and wi-fi considerations into design, and everyone wants 100 outlets and such, as compared to the fewer outlets of the 50s, 60s, etc. So we may as well not build to last forever when we know that it will need gutted and redone in the next 50 just to keep the infrastructure modern.

In addition, it is worth noting that modern building codes over-build houses. I know they are generally built to last a minimum of "50 years", but with modern building codes and engineering the frame and infrastructure will actually last far longer, even if most of the house interior and exterior will age poorly.

>t. contractor

why the fuck would you ever think that

> wood
> not a construction material
nice bait

Slate is often very expensive, as is copper (obviously). Where you want to build sounds like the Midwest, where hurricane/flood damage is pretty much non-existant (though tornadoes are possible).

An alternative is to build into the dirt, or get a hurricane-proof house built in the midwest. That way it would be well protected from tornado damage. You can also protect from flooding simply by doubling up on your sump pumps and keeping a generator of some kind just in case.

What do you think wood is? How stupid are you?

Euros like to point at their 1800s built homes as proof their housing is "better", ignoring the fact that the American housing market is far more transient (people buy and sell more often) and different. I wouldn't be surprised if the Canadian housing market is much more like America's due to it's recent building, but I can't say I've ever worked in it so I won't speculate beyond my knowledge.

one person =/= all americans

you thought wrong faggot

If I had the money I would build in stone alone. No bricks no sticks. T ex mcmansion framer

ITT: Sup Forums learns that regions build houses out of the most abundant and economical resources

Stick built homes with 12-16" spacing between studs are fine. Had a category three tornado rip right next to my home a few years back. Only damage was to the siding and roof. The house was damaged more by other people's shitty 24" spaced houses blowing apart and lodging 2x4's in my house rather than the wind itself. Neighbors shit built home from the contractors who developed the area has the whole front half of their house ripped off.

shitty bait tbqh
larp flag op and larp flag replies agreeing don't help much

faggot