Anti-establishment Moore defeats Republican Incumbent

Trump and Pence campaigned hard against him.
Was it 4D chess or is Trump no longer our guy?
What impact will this have on the midterms?

Also discuss the results.

I want to believe Trump was playing 4D chess and wanted Moore to win, but honestly I think he is so out of his league that he was just doing as he was told.
The good news is that even if Trump has no idea what he is doing, the movement he started seems to be carrying on without him, even in defiance of him when it needs to.

Here’s why Strange was pushed.

McConnell et al. believes Moore could not defeat a Democrat.

McConnel is a snake.
Disappointed in Trump for believing him.

Any Bama's in here?

The very least, Trump didn’t really talk about it all that much. I think he told McConnell, “I’ll give an endorsement* to your candidate, afterwards you get my fucking agenda passed.”

**See The RINOs don’t believe in constitutional conservatism.

Huntsville, Birmingham and Tuscaloosa for Strange.

Everywhere else in the state either no results, or for Moore.

Was it an open primary? You can probably turn out a lot of Democrats in Huntsville, B'ham and Tuscaloosa.

You really think Trump is that smart?

We’ll see when the year ends.

>Was it 4D chess or is Trump no longer our guy?

WTF is the problem with you Kikebart vermin?

>race between two Trump supporting immigration hawks
>OMG Drumpf didn't support my guy so I guess I'm off the Trump train!

You fake Trump supporters are the worst.

Whats his name again?
Roy "Put a Burka on that Whore" Moore?
Roy "Smack a Homo with an Oar" Moore?
Roy "Round Queers up Door-to-Door" Moore?

That includes the poor rural heavily black areas, for Moore.

>wins 3 counties
>wins the whole state.

Holy shit I hate AL.

"The conservative-populist Tea Party movement is bigger than Trump"

Huntsville is heavily populated by Indians, Asians, blacks, and yankee government-job transplants. Birmingham is 99% full-blood bluegum. I would honestly have been shocked if either didn't vote for the RINO

is Moore /ourguy/?

The president works for the people.

I expect Trump to follow through for us.

Trump said something along the lines of "I support Strange because I have to, but really folks vote for whichever you want".

At least try to appear to be impartial when making OPs like that.

A republicans senator losing in Alabama after waving a gun on stage? Come on. He will win.

Yes
He's based

Yes because he beat everyone else. Either he's smart or your countries leaders are dumb.

nice

This helps prove that we're not seeing a resurgence of Republicanism but of Nationalism

It's a win-win for Trump. He publicly endorsed Strange who was McConnell's guy and the only reason he did so well is because of the Trump bump. But also, the Bannon/grassroots movement flexed their muscle. The only loser in all of this is the establishment GOP who have realized just how irrelevant they are. They know now that they need both Trump and the grassroots movement if they want to survive midterms, so they know they have to buckle down and toe the line. If the healthcare bill is revived and passed, it would go a long way to validating my hypothesis.

>RANDLET VOTES TO KEEP KING NIG CARE
yeah, tea party is not good!! Bad!!

There's no /ourguy/, just /ourgoals/, and different guys who can further than at different times

Often, that's Trump. Sometimes, more frequently recently, it isn't.

Do you think the Moore voters saw through the folly and still like trump?

Absolutely. Everyone here knew Moore was going to win, and they are still largely pro-Trump. Its pretty clear if you live here and talk to the people.

Yuy. I'm at the biomed area of UAB though, highly liberal (myself included). Everyone with a brain is expecting Moore to take the primary and go on to win against Jones.

>they need both Trump and the grassroots movement
Won't happen.

You know, its funny, 10 years ago I would have said that a Moore-Jones race would be one of the few situations in which a Dem might have a shot at the AL Senate seat. Now, I expect it to be one of the most one-sided political eviscerations in recent memory

Roy Moore is red, Strange is yellow

Trump is the establishment. He's now the swamp.

He should've stayed out of the race and let Turtleface crash and burn on his establishment candidate alone.

I wish we had some real conservatives left in the GOP

Trump campaigned for Strange once and made a few tweets in support.

The incumbent usually has a better chance at winning, but these are unusual times we live in.

The GOP just bet on who was most likely to win against the democrat. Sometimes you lose that bet.

"bluegum" I learned a new word today, thanks. And Tuscaloosa is the university, right?

wut?

Why did Trump curse during a special election where one of the candidates was an intensely religious person?

"imagine my shock!"

But that Huntsville speech is where he destabilized the NFL!

It was an important speech. As we (hopefully) watch ESPN writhe in agony in the coming years, team owners wonder how to fill football stadiums and basketball arenas, we'll look back to that Huntsville speech by Trump.

And that speech energized Moore supporters a lot more than Strange supporter types.

Who cares? We have bigger fish to fry than which Republican senator is in charge in Alabama

to sabotage "Big Luther" of course.

kek

un-ironically this.

Trump was half hearted and threw McConnell a bone.

He better do something for Trump

> Strange is a swamp thing
> Kushner says go with Strange
> McConnel loves Strange
> Trump says fuck it, Strange it is
> Bannon says o rly?
> Bannon makes Kushner Cabal his bitch

Now Trump is left with definite evidence that Kushner has NO FUCKING CLUE how to win a Republican election, Bannon is confirmed once again as a strategic genius, and Trump is left wondering why in the fuck he let that kike knock his daughter up.

4d chess. Trump has now shown the establishment that they are done. Unless they get on board with the agenda, they are done, no matter what kind of pressure they put on THE Don.

Tuscaloosa is the city the University of Alabama resides. T-town.

McConnell probably convinced Trump (and made some side deals on getting his agenda through) that Moore was too much of a loose canon to ensure a lockstep vote.

at the end of the day, it's great that Moore won since Mitch and the rest of the Gang of 8 are booty blasted, but it's basically putting another Rand Paul in there. He'll do what he wants instead of tow the party line.

that has its advantages and disadvantages. it really has disadvantages for Trump considering he hasn't gotten a key piece of legislation through (not that it's a bad thing, but Trump wants victories).

on a personal level, i'm sure he did want Moore to win over the guy he endorsed.

Moore is LOVED by religious folks in Alabama. He defied the Supreme Court when they told him to take down the 10 commandments. He's strongly against amnesty/daca (which is why he has my support). But he insulted Trump heavily during the race, so I think that may have something to do about it.

Strange is 'silent' on DACA/Amnesty. I think Trump is misunderstanding exactly how much we really, really do want a lot of mexicans to go away. I know its a very indelicate way to say it, but that's why a lot of whites voted for him in the first place. Turning back on the 'lol mexicans go away' platform won't change our minds.

Roll Tide!

How can you not love him?

We love both of them.

You are a stupid piece of garbage. KYS

THE SHACKLES ARE OFF

UNLEASH THE BANNONZA

He he plots

This is obviously a bad excuse since Moore is performing way better in the polls against Jones than Strange.

This has been such a white pill primary. This means that this movement is not a personality cult, it's much bigger than Trump. Trump will play his role but when he's gone this movement back to the original America will go on.

Trump was genius on this.

Campaign half heartedly for establishment swamp creature. If swamp creature wins he claims it is a result of his personal popularity. Uses this as mandate for MAGA agenda

If based jusge wins he tells the swamp... whoops guys I guess my MAGA agenda is really popular with voters! Looks like you cucks better come through on it before the midterms...

Win win for him. God tier political intuition (once again) from the emperor

Yeah why would a billionaire international business mogul who singlehandedly defeated the entire media class plus both parties...

Why would anyone think a guy like that would be smart?

>obviously not as smart as some smarmy broke faggot like me, anonymous internet douche

This guy is a fucking nuttier, you just gave a seat over to the Democratic candidate who prosecuted the perpetrators of 16th Street Baptist Church bombing

I thought the memes about Republicans being braindead religious fucktards wasn't true

Strange would've been damned suicide. A boring ass corporate kike with no motivation for anyone to vote for his ass.

Trump was smart to distance himself from Roy. The left has already done a phenomenal job of making Trump seem like "literally Hitler" without considering the consequences of normalizing "literally Hitler".
Soon we will have "literally Hitler" in the Senate, Trump looks good to the normies compared to Moore, especially since he endorsed the other guy, we get the overton window pulled further to the right and it opens the door for us to bring in more people like him. It also shows that we have the power to replace the incumbent/establishment, and we can put the rest of the cuck GOPe on notice. Trump isn't the one in charge, nor are they. It's us. The voters.

Alabama is like the whitest state in the south. Even if he gets all the niggers to vote (which is impossible) he'll probably still lose

>Alabama is like the whitest state in the south.

No it isn't. That would be Kentucky

Normalfags don't know these people.
And because Trump is always Hitler, it's idiotic for him to try to appeal to the left.

Alabama Libertarian here.

Voted for Moore strictly to fuck over the RINO establishment cuckservatives.

sleepy ben endorsed him

SeeHow is that libertarian?

Its not.

Its a sabotage vote.

I hate Moore.
I hate Strange more than Moore.

fucking retard

>Concern shills
Less effective by every thread.

Moore is a right-wing populist, though.

I agree.

Strange was endorsed by Mitch McConnel. What more reason do I need to vote against him?

you are joking right? there is a fucking reason republicans are known for being retards because its fucking true. thats one thing leftist have right in calling republicans but so are leftist but repubs are just extremely zealous about it.

Yep another Libertarian here and anyone that the establishment promotes I automatically vote against, even if it was a libertarian candidate they endorsed. I would have voted for Moore too because the establishment was actively trying to stop him.

Rollllll tide