holy shit aabsolutelky hAPPENIGN

>NK
not gonna happen

more like trumpets of war

We did not retire the stealth aircraft, but we did retire the SR71 and the U2

>retired the stealth

your LARP is awful

>retired the stealth

Lol, who the fuck would retire the stealth bombers/fighters?

b2 spirit is not retired, f117 is

stealth did not retire, radar got gud.

if only U2 would retire....

Stealth is implemented differently these days, OPs pic is probably from a private air show.

The F-117 was retired, not the B-2.

B2 is not retired. It will never retired. It's worth $2 billion

You retired the f117 after some serb shot it down with 1960s tech.

Stealth is a meme at this point anyways.

B2 wasn't retired, what a retard.

I'm pretty sure the government plans on using b2s for 50 more years.

Drumpfs of war

CARLOS!

>f117 is
>The F-117 was retired

when you absolutely, positively need the opposite of stealth...

Normies are fucking retarded, what else is new.

why the fuck would we retire the b2

>let's all repeat what said

Ok

The B2 was never retired.

Makes for a good thread.

Also digits = b2s getting shot down in nk

>I'll probably go onto some government watch list for this
>posts it anyway
Why are Americans so retarded?

There are plans to scrap it in favor of a more advanced model.

>The A10. A plane that can only be usefully operated against a country that is technologically inferior and incapable of fighting back.

You have no idea the uptick in military operations in my city over the past two days. It's unbelievable I have never seen so many helicopters flying so locally EVER. They all are with search lights throughout the sky at night just at this moment. And all thru the day as well. I'm about a mile and a half from my airport/military base and it has busy traffic but this is unseen since the Cold War.

I live near an AFB in Missouri, and seeing A-10's and B-2'S is rather common. The B-2 is still in service, though they are planning on phasing it out around 2030.

Supposedly the B1 is getting retired in a decade.

where is it? i don't see it.

Better watch this guy with a cell phone who lives near an airbase for seeing an airplane

are you still butthurt about that "almost" jet?

>ma black ops 1

lol A-10 are basically flying tanks they can take multiple missile strikes and still fly

Ban Nuclear Weapons

they said they did but it was just in the hopes they could get the drop on foreign nations

the problem is and has been that radar stealth is made useless by simply having 2 radar installations cover the same area. you cant approach both at the same time

and that they found out doppler radar actually can identify a plane in a area vs weather patterns and large groups of birds (not geese but like a swarm of swallows). both are stripped out of what the general public sees when they watch the weather channel . mainly because of resolution being low as fuck on the display on tv vs the total data.

but it can be used defensively if compared vs the dedicated defense radar. since its all images any military can requisition updates every 30 seconds sent to their government easy from their national weather service

The USAF kept running the same flight path multiple times, the Serbs finally aimed all their SAMs in the general vicinity and whent he bay doors open (guess what, all stealth aircraft is vulnerable when the bay is open or anything that ruins the aircraft line) the radar was able to pick up the aircraft signature and shoot it down.

That covers a good deal of the world, doesn't it?

Very british post.

I live near DC and these fly over my hometown all the time. I've seen more lately, sure. But we've always assumed that they have been drills or training flights based out of Andrews Air Force Base.

I ain't concerned. But I'm also not sleepy

the retarded part was thinking he hasnt already been watched.
we have govt organizations dedicated to spying on civilians.
i mean "terrorists"
may i remind you that, that was hate speech, your thought police are probably on their way.

How to tell if it isn't happening:
Sup Forums says something about NK will happen

low effort post

ur mum can take multiple missile strikes and still fly m8

The plane is probably flying around Missouri or somewhere else in that part of the Midwest where they always do.

A B2 blew up at the air force base here lmao

NVM, this is a B-2 that was flying into an airshow last week. Sage.

117 is retired from front line service. AF still operates a couple for research/training.

someone skipped their quarterly OPSEC power point

glory days, yeah they'll pass you by....glory days

>US
>retire anything under 60yrs old
Bruh "retire" is just what the paperwork says.

He's just trying to sound like a supposed badass and not understanding what he is talking about

So, Canada?

But he was guided by mauzer so it doesn't count

>serb
turkish rapebaby*

Underrated.

orbit

the b2 wasn't retired, the f117 was because some gypsy managed to learn the radar signature

savage

Andrews just had an Airshow that was displaying a B2. That B2 flew on and off base. For all we know this faggot just snapped a picture of the damn thing flying to or from Andrews for a fucking airshow. Literally nothing.

>i thought we retired stealth
Yep we just up and gave up on using the best platforms for recon, surveillance, and preemptive strikes for no particular reason.

If we the public know about military technology, it means it's at least two generations old.

Why?
Why do you set us up like this?
Day of the rake when...

>hurr durr watchlist lol
>hurr durr fuckin retired some plane lol
just nuke this shit country

I watched 3 F-35 stealth fighters take off from a recent airshow. However, there was only 1 F-35 that was displayed. Did they fly over 3 in case two failed??? I guess it would be bad press if a 1.2 trillion dollar program couldn't even handle basic air show routines.

Take that back now!

we retired the F-117, but this is a B-2 Spirit bomber, which is very VERY much active.

Even the F-117s are possibly still being used for radar research and OPFOR stealth aircraft sims, supposedly, since we have to start learning to hunt enemy stealth craft.

Internals are backfiring on Trump.

And this it's his plan B, don't let him dodge the internals and you can save thousands of lives

How are those things not all in graveyards?

They must cost a fortune to upkeep.

T H I C C

F-117 got retired in the late 2000's. The B-2 won't get retired until the B-21 is FMC probably sometime around 2030-2035. Unless the drone revolution really takes off then it could be phased out sooner. It's a very expensive plane to maintain. Large bombers also consume an unbelievable amount of fuel. More flexible fuel efficient airframes that can go farther with less midair refueling is a global strike wet dream. Depending on the airframe the crew compartment and life support systems can take up 15-30% of the internal airframe volume. Removing it makes virtually everything about the plane better.

Oh yeah.....Air Force BTFO

Even so, the Air Force still keeps old planes around. They were flying old Broncos against ISIS because they could stay up in the air for so long.

we retired the F-117 because it was a shitty stealth light bomber, and its mission is done far better by even the F-22, despite the F-22 being designed for air superiority rather than bombing.

No it's not. 1,000+ sorties for the F-117 service life, with only 1 lost is fucking phenomenal.

yes, and supplemental B-21(forget exact number) is being made soon, taking advantage of newer RAM and design traits.

Back in the day, taking pictures of flying wings and doritos and talking about it could get you visits from the USAF for entry into Project Blue Book, which was just them larping about researching UFO sightings (where the UFO was just American prototypes).

They've been saying that about the B-52s for longer than we've been alive, as well as saying that the B-52 will get X, Y, and Z overhauls....

No.

It helps that the serb was actually really good at doing the whole SAM thing. We got complacent, and they had just the right mixture of technique and circumstance. We still ALMOST got away then.

Don't worry, it's still got life as a bomb truck and can haul whoop-ass.

Are you an actual something or just a 99 lvl nerd?

That is the B-2 'Spirit', Stealth Bomber.

The F-117 'Nighhawk' Stealth Fighter was retired.

that's sad, it would've been nice to see those in action

level 99 nerd who lives next to a major USAF research base with lots of friends who are now various levels of USAF officer and scientist. We all have interests user, sometimes you find a thread that has what you like

I'm still banking on B-52s making it to 100 years old. I'm not sure why we'll keep them around that long, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear about some random terrorist cell of the future being bombed by 40,000 lbs of explosive from a centenarian bomber than also killed their great uncle in the early phase of the Forever War on Terror.

Make a post when you snap a pic of the SB3-Ghoul.

blackbird got retired, but the stealth bomber

I’d rather be in an a10 than anything made by leafs. 1 A10 would rek your country twice.

I really feel that the U-2 is a beautiful plane, even if it is crazy to fly and literally leaks fuel while on the ground. Although it looks far more sexy without all the black paint. I would argue most aircraft looked better in the fifties before they started to coat everything with that nonsense.

I miss the SR-71. Luckily, Lockheed seems to be working on a sequel...

No. Why would they have backups? Its not like the pilot, in the event of a crash, could just hop in to another jet already occupied by a pilot. One was for flying, the other two were on display for people to walk up to and ogle.

Literally too expensive to be used

>MEME-2

The OV-10's we sent to the sandbox were refurbished and completely upgraded out the ass. I volunteered to work those, but I didn't get the gig. Broncos are fucking badass coin planes, so it made a lot of sense to send them over there.

>literally leaks fuel while on the ground.
Thought that was the SR-71

Carter hamstrung our hands with the Russians. The buff is the only bomber that is allowed to carry nuclear cruise missiles. That makes it the airborne component of our nuclear triad.

Stealth is still useful but only against small radar arrays. If large arrays are neutralized then older aircraft don't have a hope in hell of seeing a B-2 from long range. Modern US air raid strategy is something like this
>supersonic bombers, volleys of cruise missiles, and orbital weapons target primary defense infrastructure like very large radar arrays, bases. missile defense systems, and strategic targets
>some bombers deploy drone swarms with radar signatures mimicking fighters and bombers over strategic targets
>enemy air defense target drone swarms
>stealth fighters like the F-22 screen for enemy aircraft
>stealthy fighter-bombers bomb newly revealed AA and radar positions
>stealth bombers begin second of wave of bombing strategic targets
>regular aircraft (F-14s etc from air force and allied air forces) swarm behind another drone swarm
>attack helicopters commence raids ahead of troop deployment

The expense is in part due to the small number built, originally it was to replace the ENTIRE bomber fleet. Obviously, that got canned. The B-21 is what the B-2 was basically supposed to be, albeit a bit smaller.

B2 not retired, the F117 is retired

-usaf vet.

When I was doing security for U2s in England one of the two birds had a MASSIVE fuel leak, covered the floor. We reported it to the maintenance crew, who just shrugged and said thats normal and they'd deal with it in the morning.

>and literally leaks fuel while on the ground
That the SR-71 that does that. The U2 is subsonic and has regular (but large) fuel tanks
>The component parts of the Blackbird fit very loosely together to allow for expansion at high temperatures. At rest on the ground, fuel leaks out constantly, since the tanks in the fuselage and wings only seal at operating temperatures.
It always was fuel with just enough to take off then topped up in-flight

>This is why the British people still have a queen