War with North Korea

youtube.com/watch?v=hzUA-Itb0b8

The North Koreans could build a huge doomsday bomb and kill everyone on Earth. We need to deal with this threat. I hate to advocate war, but the current situation is that North Korea is loading their gun while screaming that they will kill us. We should shoot first.

I'd also be open to just withdrawing entirely and letting whatever happen, happen, but that seems to be a recipe for disaster.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt_bomb
youtube.com/watch?v=Ev7Jr1UvzSo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>The North Koreans could build a huge doomsday bomb and kill everyone on Earth

You must be delusional. You do realize that north Koreans are a complete joke. I can't take if you're serious with that statement..

The video covers this. The basic idea is a cobalt bomb. You pack a hydrogen bomb with cobalt, then detonate it. The cobalt is transmuted into a radioactive cobalt isotope and scattered throughout the atmosphere, then it will settle to Earth. The cobalt isotope will be radioactive enough to cause death by radiation poisoning to anyone who comes into contact with it for decades.

Such a bomb could easily poison the entire world. Alternatively, the bomb could be shipped to the US via submarine and then detonated. With the right winds and yields, this may irradiate only all of North America.

The North Koreans are developing hydrogen bombs, which are serious weapons.

Hydrogen bombs use atomic bombs as the detonation trigger. Is and Emp
the desired outcome? Cobalt bombs sound nasty.

>Doomsday bomb to kill everyone on Earth

Kim may look like an egg but he isn't Eggman. He's not that stupid.

Little rocket man derrrr

North Korea could use a cobalt bomb as mutually assured destruction. That would effectively prevent any military action against them for the future. That's especially bad because it means more chances for things to go wrong or escalate incorrectly, but it also means that their population is doomed for the forseeable future. Plus, would the current regime set off the doomsday bomb if they were overthrown by their population? Would we have to give them aid to repress future rebellions in order to prevent them setting off the doomsday bomb?

Even worse, they may be able to, or believe they are able to, detonate the bomb near the US. e.g. On a submarine. That might only kill us, and leave them alive.

A nuclear reaction can occur when radioactive elements, like uranium, are driven into each other at high rates of speed. The more force compelling the uranium chunks into each other, the bigger the reaction.

Typical nuclear bombs use conventional explosives to blow uranium down a tube, like a bullet out of a gun. This uranium bullet is essentially fired into another chunk of enriched uranium - and the result is a nuclear explosion.

A hydrogen bomb is a lot like this, but instead of using conventional bombs to shoot the uranium into uranium, the hydrogen bomb uses nuclear bombs. That means the uranium bullet has a lot more force when it impacts the uranium target.

The desired outcome in this case, the case of the cobalt bomb, is not an EMP, but a huge explosion. If the hydrogen bomb is packed with cobalt salt, the cobalt will be transmuted into a radioactive cobalt isotope by the explosion. The explosion will also launch the radioactive cobalt into the atmosphere. It will settle to Earth, irradiating a large area - potentially the whole planet. The radioactive cobalt isotope will give off lethal level of radiation for decades afterwards.

Essentially, you could build a doomsday device with a giant hydrogen bomb and hundreds of tons of cobalt. Blow the cobalt into the atmosphere, it'll settle across the planet, and then anyone outside of a radiation proof bomb shelter will die with minutes of exposure to the outside world for the next 50-100 years.

Could the North really kill everyone?

Ideally, someone besides the OP would answer. I know what he thinks.

No, OP is retarded. He's what happens when paranoia and constantly reading pol sets into someone.

There is absolutely no way North Korea would somehow create a "doomsday" device. Even typing that out sounds cartoonish.

Okay I'll stop them brb

I'm curious why you think that's silly. Cobalt packed around a hydrogen bomb isn't an impossible thing to do. If you have a hydrogen bomb, all it really takes is getting the cobalt.

The US government, the Russians, and the British have all experimented with cobalt bombs. The science is very sound. The North Koreans have a hydrogen bomb, and may be able to get a large quantity of cobalt.

Please explain to me why it is cartoonish or impossible.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt_bomb

KILL

>58 views
SHILL

Oh, it's definitely my YouTube video. However, why shouldn't I make a YouTube video and post it on pol?

best post all day

I agree. Fuck the commies and fuck the pacifist faggots that infest this board. Go save a kitten in a tree, you bunch of fuckin homos.

spoon feed me on what is cobalt.
yes im a lazy fuck and dont want to google it

Somebody is helping NK. That much is obvious, and unless you know who and to what extent, calling them a joke is naïve.

No. It's pretty much the entire world against an impoverished nation. At best (or worse if you're Japanese or from Commiefornia) they'll level one city before we level them. The only way I can see MAD being a thing is if other countries back them up: Russia, China, etc. And I don't think Putin is that retarded. There's literally no benefit to defend Kim.

>I hate to advocate wa
>check flag
>sensiblechuckle.gif

Cobalt encased basic nuke; neutron radiation of the blast irradiates the cobalt into cobalt-60.

Said cobalt-60 particles full back to the earth if the bomb is detonated at the right altitude, effectively contaminating a vast area with highly lethal radiation for thousands of years.

>thousands of years

Scratch that.

10 years.

Fuck off Israeli faggots.

North Korea is a shit country with shit weapons. The reason the kikes want NK destroyed is because no central bank.

Israel is even willing to false flag the united states to have us go to war with countries. Remember 9/11?

FUCK ISRAEL

youtube.com/watch?v=Ev7Jr1UvzSo

It's naive to think that Norks aren't capable of designing and manufacturing ICBMs alone and that somebody have to help them.

Ok, maybe the N Koreans can't kill EVERYBODY, but do you think they're crazy enough to let off one nuke?

We need to invade them NOW, with everything we have