Daily Reminder: Saudi Arabia before the discovery of oil

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2016-12-years-sahara-tropicalwhat.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so 1937 was identical to 937

Yep, and then oil kicked in.

Fuck no, the Islamic world was more civilized in 937 than it is today.

We must be cautious.

>tfw your realize that they only knew about oil thanks to us
>tfw we showed them how to extract it
>tfw we made them rich and now we're paying for it as they fund terrorists and Islamist expansions into the west

Well yeah, what can you build in a desert? Islam was the best thing to ever happen to the nomadic Arabs; it led them to conquering actually productive and rich land

>we

You're not American. There is no "We".

Looks comfy as fuck

>they fund terrorists and Islamist expansions into the west
(((they)))

Well you can't extract oil from a hostile populace. And the West and the Gulf Arabs both benefited greatly, it wasn't just one-sided

They'll get back to it when the oil finishes

by we I mean the west/white people
if I remember correctly arabs found out about oil through the brits, not the american, although the first company to drill in saudi I believe was american, but lead by a kiwi or something like that
what I'm saying is, there would be no oil in the middle east without westerners having an interest in oil

>(((they)))
the saudis fund terrorists, it's not a secret

>And the West and the Gulf Arabs both benefited greatly
at this point I would tell you that the long term cost outweighs the short term benefits they had

The United States before being brutally destroyed by white people.

This is correct, the Brits were the rulers of Saudi land at the time. We did help them with our companies and tech, but the Anglos were the ones to find the stuff and make them see the value.

Really, it was a family effort. A horrifying, terrible, but at the time brutally pragmatic family effort.

This is true. Maybe if we were smarter we could've bought all the oil rich land(except for their holy shitties), deport them all and declare a new state.

In Iran or Turkey maybe.

Fucking Anglos.

i could drive for half an hour and find a spot just like this.

>destroyed by white people
>uses color photo of beautiful nature taken during modern times

So, if oil is the fossilized remains of plant and animal matter... and Arabia has a shitload of oil deep underground...

Does that mean at one point in the distant past that area was teeming with plant and animal life? Weird to think that an area that is now an almost inhospitable desert was once so green and full of life.

I bet you it smelled like total shit without running water.

Oil is actually made from plankton/microscopic sea creature remains. The Arabian Peninsula used to be a great ocean some time ago. Many deposits in Texas are similar south of the central fault line.

The whole fucking middle east along with nordfags (specially Norway) would crumble to shit if it wasnt for oil.

Though I should add that you are correct that certain areas that harbored life long ago could have vast fossil fuel supplies. Antarctica has a ton of coal as do many north arctic islands, so they at one point were pretty lush.

Reminder they abolished slavery in 1962.

Russia put a fucking man in space and the Saudis were still having legal de-jure slaves. They still have em now but we're talking "Your name is Toby not Kunta-Kente" style slavery

Climate of the Earth is constantly changing. 100 million years ago, it was basically a jungle planet with a higher concentration of oxygen in the atmosphere which is why the animals then were so fucking huge.

SAhara was once lush and green.

phys.org/news/2016-12-years-sahara-tropicalwhat.html

You know that entire Area is filled with rich history. Damascus, Baghdad, Jerusalem, Cairo, even the trading in Mecca would be fun and interesting af to visit with time machine... granted I'd travel to pre Islamic era for even more fun, but still.

The area still has civilized people who are warm, friendly and welcoming. Just imagine how peaceful the whole region would be without Israel or US funding puppet governments and religious islamists with firearms.

Looks like they were better off. Now they have the interests of international markets.

daily reminder
in 20 years time the demand for oil will be practically non existent

Shit much of it still looks like that

... Sweetie none of those cities are in Saudi Arabia.

No, they weren't. The countries you're thinking of were Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon.

Israel?