There's a reason Master and Commander didn't have a sequel

This movie was Gulag Archipelago 101 and we were a bit behind in cultural relevance. Watch "The Way Back" again and reflect on why the director made this his last film

I don't know any of those nor do I have the time to watch/read them. Can you give me the punchline user?

Anyone else find it interesting that a shitty indy-comedy was cobbled together that same year with a near-identical title to foil anyone looking for the same film?

Gulags are fucking shitholes and people will go to poo land just to get away from them.

A very prominent director wanted to kickstart an adventure movie franchise with anglo navy history and it floundered because it wasn't competitive in the new film market

The Aubrey–Maturin series is my SHIT, I knew the Jews must have killed the movies

The director was retirement age and decided to make a film that was straight from source material about why communists can't craft/maintain long term civilization. Hollywood recognized this and memory holed the fuck out of any last ditch efforts this guy had at red-pilling

That is hilarious.
Sort of the same thing, when Israel brutally murdered a lot of Americans on the Turkish ship the Mavi Marmara, no mainstream American journalist would name the ship (if they talked about it), or if they did, they always got its name wrong. Misspellings would be "fixed" to different misspellings. Now, Mavi Marmara is a foreign word, but it's phonetic and balanced in vowels and consonants. It's the name in Turkish for the Bosphorus Strait, so it's not a super obscure cultural reference. But somehow they kept gumming it up, in the age of search engines.

Either way it's heartbreaking that these stories didn't get the attention they deserve.

>white
>male
>cooperative
>imperial
>unapologetically representing Western civilization
>pride in history rather than nudging towards future utopia
Yeah, no, it was, uh, it was those giant robot movies, yeah, that's what it was. It's downloading.

Started to watch this on Netflix a while back, just put it on my play list, thanks for the heads up , always looking for a good movie.

The opening scene was enough to drive the point home. Captured husband and wife exchange tiny pleasantries before being unceremoniously erased. Scene had laughable lighting and framing but the message was clear

Bump. Everyone needs to at least survey Peter Weir and his filmography.

Didn't Peter Weir do Fearless, which is effectively a movie about an LA Jew having a cultural crisis because he becomes autistically obsessed with honesty and everyone around him wants him to lie?

HOLY SHIT HIS WHOLE FILMOGRAPHY IS REDPILL AFTER REDPILL

Witness -- about the attractiveness of traditional society
Dead Poet Society -- decadent rich idiots and the textbook portrayal of the one inspiring teacher
The Mosquito Coast -- limitations of technology and falsehood of the "noble savage"
THE TRUMAN SHOW -- HOLLYWOOD CONFECTING A FALSE REALITY

And the Year of Living Dangerously, which was about the Indonesian anti-Commie purges, and Gallipolli.

Starring /ourguy/. Honestly it's a huge fucking downer to wonder who will fill those director and actor shoes

Such a good soundtrack in Master and Commander, too. Was sad they made the enemy ship French instead of American, as in the novel (and the events on which it was based).

Seriously check out Fearless if you have not, I jumped out of my seat when I realized what it was about.

uncultured fucking sweaty swine. if you don't know about some of the greatest novels ever by now then it'd be better to just kill yourself.

I've seen it. Looking back, it's insanely clever how it hides jeff bridges' big revelation with early 90s yuppie culture. Couldn't help but connect his character with the fisher king

Wow this guy was based.

Someone upload his collection to torrent, especially the older stuff.

Spoil me, I'm curious.

I'll check it out eventually.

My fucking dude

The books are amazing

It was an American ship? Never read the novel, anyone have a link for it?

Watch the BBC Hornblower mini series. Its good as

Upwardly mobile LA Jew survives a plane crash and deals with it by effectively becoming a modern day Old Testament prophet. Prophets of this type did not actually predict the future, they used nightmare predictions as threats in service to their main purpose, which was to critique society and restore traditional values. He has a falling out with all his friends because he wants to be honest at all times and they find this to be incomprehensible. He establishes a friendship with a young Catholic Mestiza who also survived the crash but lost her baby, who before the crash would have been effectively invisible to him.

or maybe that's why

It is definitely one of Jeff Bridges' greatest performances if not the absolute best.

That hasn't stopped liberals from spewing out movie after movie garbage

This, they deliberately make unwatchable money pits all the time, knowing that the film will then be used unironically as a "lesson" in ghetto schools where teaching often consists of watching a video. Cases in point, Twelve Years a Slave and Birth of a Nation remake.

Thanks, watching it right now. Opening scene is epic.

Same with the Tuskgeegee Experiments. The kikes made "the Tuskeegee Airmen" and that's all people think of when they hear that name.

Nice. Just put it on my watch list.

Very sad about the master and commander movies never continued but it got me to the books.

Wasn't Master and Commander about the Napoleonic Wars? Nothing to do with communism

Another thing they do is completely brazen apologetics. For the Jack Abramoff movie with Kevin Spacey they make him out to be a hero, for the "American Hustle" movie they defend a Jew con artist as a lovable adventurer and gratuitously defame the woman played by Jennifer Lawrence. Or they show Jew crimes as committed by WASPs, like in Arbitrage.

Are you of Han ancestry by any chance?

(FEARLESS SPOILER BELOW DONT READ)
Anything deeper with those cherries Jeff Bridges character was allergic to, or were they just a contrivance so he could "snap out of" his aloof, 'fearless' state when he almost choked on them at the end?

The director embraced unabashed western pride and cast a shitty glance toward communism and had his career ended for it. Bigger picture than just one movie's plot

Even better, check out the new film about Mena AK and the complete whitewashing of the drug trafficking during the Clinton admin

I've downloaded it instead, it's from 2013 instead of OPs 2010 release. Except Steve Carell and one other guy I don't recognize anyone.

Lovely plane crash. Great character drama. You could only make a movie like that in the 1990s.

There really needs to be a formal avenue for right wing interpretations of various media.

Even in my most liberal days I found the lefty interpretations of Shakespeare incomprehensible.

Didn't they try to bury that one with another shallow movie with the same name that was always on cable? The Peter Weir Fearless was so fucking amazing. "It's just physics." Applies to so much of life.