Anyone else dropped this...

Anyone else dropped this? The last three arcs felt really lackluster and the author seems to have no idea where to take the story or how to write characters.

The anime will probably get a season 2 but I hope it doesn't get a season 3. The fanbase is horrible too, so I'm also half-hoping the manga get cancelled somewhere down the line. What are your thoughts?

I stopped reading the manga around the part after the hero competition. It just seemed kind of aimless.

Bottom tier shit taste: the thread.

Author pussed out 4 times in a row, didn't even have courage to kill a character that everyone had already accepted as dead.

Everyone used o say that this manga wasn't original, but had good execution. Now it doesn't even have this redeeming point anymore.

>Weekly Shonen Jump
>Killing anyone

Is this your first WSJ manga?

I at first thought this would be an actual opinion, but then I read that second line. You gotta be a little more subtle with the shitposting, OP.

Unless you're just autistic and you actually feel that way.

It must be at least the 30th.

>No one dies in WSJ
What kind of damage control is that?

Hey if youre self conscious about your decision and need the opinions of others to enable it thats fine too.

It's the new Naruto.

I've only watched the anime so far. Does it really fall off in the manga?

Naruto's Obi-Wan died off.

(You). Because every bait deserves a (You).

It's not the second coming of Jesus but it's still a fun read.

What if Deku had pyrokinesis as his quirk and ended up in class B?

He'd probably be part of Monoma's scrub squad right alongside the loser whose power is being a mime.

then he wouldn't had received one for all and ochako would probably be dating kacchan

>hating on best mimist
Someone will have to take over after Death Jeanist.

What do you mean, user-kun? That's going to end up happening anyway.

PLEASE VALIDATE ME FOR NOT LIKING THINGS

FUCK YOU

you talking about All Might or Thirteen? I'm not reading the manga, just curious

Poor Jeanist. He worked so hard and got wrecked so fast.

All Might.

Autists try to spin this off as "Well, All Might dying would be cliché as fuck and cliché=bad so it's for the best", but in reality, anyone who knows how editorial works know the author caved in popular demand.

I'm not sure if Hori really wanted to kill Yagi Toshinori from the start but All Might was supposed to die. Yagi has his own storyline which just started during the Stain arc so I expect that something was planned until he dies.

Please don't start pretending the manga is deep by separating Toshinori and All Might as if they're different people. They're not. It's the same guy and you're not smart for referring to him that way.

So, is this the 11th edition of the "I dropped this specific shounen anime" thread about My Hero Academia?

>They told me not to make a cool old dude, but to make a bishounen faggot
My blood is boiling from reading this.

But Gran Torino makes the difference between All Might and Toshinori in his thoughts.
I'm not pretending it's deep either, since it's a bloody battle shounen but he has always been a character with two facets, No Might Shimura's apprentice who wanted to be the Pillar of Japan and the symbol of peace, All Might. We already saw a lot of the symbol of peace and bade him farewell now we need to see more personal stuff and if someone kills him it shouldn't be AFO but Shiggy when he tries to save him. Hori loved TFA, expect a Han Solo death for Toshinori.

The last two arcs were fantastic, what are you even talking about? The only flaw was Deku running around while crippled as hell.

"courage to kill a character?" Allmight not dying is literally lampshaded in the story. It had it's weaknesses. Death doesn't automatically make a manga good, either.

Show me a moment in the manga where the distinction between All Might's civilian and hero life came or played any role in the story. "A character said so" isn't worth shit when nothing about the character's personality changes. But go ahead and keep your headcanon.

You mean how All Might behaves like a jolly old man when being in his muscular form and how he suddenly get more serious when in his skeletal form? All Might is a mask he wears in public, compare how he talks as All Might and how he talks as skeletal Toshinori.

Hopefully by the next chapter we get some skinny All Might interactions with the class.

All Might might be fake but Yagi is a chill character

>Generic capeshit
>average-tier writing
>average-tier artwork
>Sup Forums treats it like the second coming of Christ

Oh hey the autist finally stooped to making threads

See.

The anime has been really underwhelming and not that impactful. It hasn't boosted the manga sales by a lot. I don't expect a season 3 either at this rate.

>fun things are fun
>UGH IT CANT BE FUN *triggers internally* BECAUSE IT DOESNT HAVE AN ARTISTIC MERIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im having SnK/KLK flash backs

>strawmanning

I never said BNHA was fun. It is fun. It's also not nearly as good as Sup Forums says it is. It's average at best, but most of the people on here are so quick to proclaim it a masterpiece.

It's fun, but it's nothing special.

This series triggers Sup Forums so much. It's hilarious.

Who would have thought that a subset of Sup Forumsnons who like this show and are fans of it would like it.

Black Clover is better

Anime when?

It's better than most everything WSJ now, and has consistently been better.

To be fair however, most of WSJ is complete shit at the moment. The only other remotely readable series going in it right now are Hinomaru and Straighten Up.

I don't really count One Piece in the running for anything related to WSJ- it will never never die until Oda wills it so. HxH as well.

Shitty shounen.

You can like something and acknowledge that it is just average at the same time.

>not a lot of people on Sup Forums pay attention to a manga, you have enjoyable threads but high chances of the manga being axed because it's not that popular even in Japan
>manga gets an anime, shitposting augments but the author gets more money and the manga has lower chances of being cancelled
You can't escape this cycle of madness and misery.

Personally I know I shouldn't watch it seeing it's another cash-in on an unfinished manga, but the OST is too amazing and Deku's VA is incredible.

And I'm sure they actually know that. So far, I haven't seen anyone claiming that it's the best thing ever except hyperbole by shitposters.

> So far, I haven't seen anyone claiming that it's the best thing ever except hyperbole by shitposters

Pretty much.

Just like people who get mad at Black Clover's existence. Like I think it's shit but I don't begrudge other people liking it- different strokes for different folks.

Both series sell really well and rank well. They aren't going anywhere for the time being. People just need to deal with it.

God, MC is such a whiny faggot. And that bombguy is a raging annoying asshole. I just can't like them.

You never get tired of shitposting 24/7 on Sup Forums?

You sound like a very reasonable person.

Sup Forums is not a board for reasonable people. Get the fuck outta here.

Exactly, user.

The art is great.

Same. The art significantly dropped in quality, and the powers were interesting but poorly-implemented. The author wanted American Western uniqueness and gimmicks, like a toad kid and an invisible fighter, but also wanted Eastern shonen power tiers, which are irreconcilable together. Thus we get fights that feel forced (huehueh I magically managed to dodge your ability that fucking causes a small-scale explosion and could kill a normal human in one hit because I've studied how you attack!) and situational. When I read a Boku No Hero fight, I get the impression that the artist pulled every last straw just to make it work. When I read a Jojo fight, I feel like Araki has a million more tricks each character could pull, he just didn't have time to implement them.

Deku being crippled is part of the flaw. The plot progression is as simple as this:

>hurr durr you better not use that power again or you'll be hurt permanently
>oops he used it again he's hurt permanently
>repeat

Combine this with the central theme being

>I'm not strong enough! I need to be...stronger!

All of Deku/All Might's fights are just based around willpower. They're not clever, they're not smart, it's just the main character screaming at the top of their lungs and punching the opponent as hard as they can.

Black clover is one of the most bland things ever, Boku is a typical shonen, but Black Clover is just nothing. The art is decent

nope,you got it the other way around
this after so many chapters still is boring
thats never good for a manga
sure black clover is generic but its fun unlike this pile of crap

OCHAKO MAKES CAM VIDEOS FOR MONEY

Black clover has better tits, but I'm a leg man.

DELET THIS

Thats where I disagree, I really enjoy Boku, and I think its world is decently fleshed out, plus the main character (while wimpy) is well written, Aster has nothing behind his character except that he "Wont give up and he'll become the Hokag- I mean, Sorcery Emperor one day." I think Black Clover could have been way better if the author had just taken time to flesh out the world more and made both Aster and Juno more interesting instead of Naruto 2.0 and Gary Stu

I think BC is a fun read, too, but I'm sorry; I can't agree with you on this one. Both BC and MHA are fairly generic shonen fare(it is Jump, after all), but at least Horikoshi makes it a point to, on occasion, subvert common shonen tropes. Tabata seems to be content with following the general outline of what makes a successful shonen--at least in this day and age--and that isn't necessarily a bad thing; it's just that, in comparison to reading MHA, I know almost 100% of the time how BC is going to go. Characters are cool, and some of the powers are nice, but all those things I like much better MHA. Not saying MHA is a godsend by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a much more enthralling read than BC.

The recent chapter of BC was pretty straight, though, if not for the last few pages, which made it even better.

Man, its almost like they are supposed to go through character development or something right?

this, so much

what tropes does he subvert?
academia has been boring as shit since day one and still is
izuku is a crybaby in the current chapter just like the first chapters
there is nothing fun about this managa
IT IS JUST PLAIN BORING,END OF STORY
and your fangasming of it will not change anything
if you wanna talk about good capeshit mangas then atleast talk about opm cause its atleast not a cliche battle shonen with heroes as the twist

oh and there is absolutely no character development int his manga
every character acts just like they did in the early chapters

I almost get the sense Tabata didn't expect BC to be as successful as it is, and he just kind of rolled with it once he found out people actually liked it. I maintain to this day that I believe both Tabata and Komi truly wanted to do Hungry Joker and Double Arts, respectively, and I honestly wish they were able to, too; I especially loved Double Arts. Nisekoi can go die in a fire. So glad that shit is ending soon.

>So glad that shit is ending soon.
It got a new editor, seems like it'll go on for a while longer. Maybe Raku will get amnesia when he gets hit on the head as he announces the winner of the rakubowl.

hm?
so you got no answer to how this manga is lackluster?
oh well
the japanese hate it,well,atleast the anime and probably not gonna get another season cause of shitty ratings and i hope it doesn't

>my taste is so superior
>i'll watch one episode then make a opinion of the whole and pass it of as fact

oh my taste is not superior
its just common sense to call a piece of shit as shitty if you see one
anyone that likes this is forcing himself to like it
its not good,and never was

>responding

It's kinda going the One Piece route where nobody remotely important ever dies, but unlike One Piece where it's wacky zany and the art style lends itself to how everyone survives even the most vicious beat downs, MHA is more grounded and a lot of the world building is basically telling the reader "We make sense, we really do" yet because they follow the One Piece route, it ultimately doesn't.

>Explosions the size of RPGs and tank rounds not even inflicting 3rd degree burns on someone right fucking next to the blast because the user simply 'toned it down' somehow
>Guys can get smashed through an entire forest of trees and not have his innards turn into jelly
>Random ass parlor trick fag can jump higher than the pine trees in a forest
>Guy with some years of training can outmaneuver spider man without webbing
>Police force has machine guns but can't even hit exposed brains and eyes while being 1 meter away from them
>Guys with exposed brains and eyes somehow not taking lethal damage from getting burned hard enough over their whole body to make them drop

I mean the list goes on, and on, and on, and on.

It's still a very fun read mind you, and I found the last arc's build up rather fun right up until the last 2-3 chapters when All Might turns it all around and just muscles his way to victory.

But I do think it killed a lot of potential hype in the future. After all, even the most deluded fan wouldn't think people will start dying later after this arc. The shock value is gone, and since it's capeshit there's only so many ways this could go.

>responding to response

I feel that BnHA really has been becoming more and more 'meh' in recent chapters. I feel that OFA vs. AFO had to happen, but in reality it's gotten to the point where most readers can tell what's going to happen chapters in advance. I really want to see what will happen in the next couple chapters but I hope we'll be getting something interesting like a bit of foreshadowing into what will happen in future chapters and for the love of god, have someone die already.

>top manga sales charts every month
>Japanese hate it

There's a flaw in your logic sir

>All of Deku's fights are just punching people as hard as he can
Except the half of them that are group fights where he doesn't do that. His entire character arc so far is learning to work as part of a team to compensate for being weak as shit because every single time he fights alone he gets destroyed.The entire manga so far has been alternating between him fighting alone and getting hospitalized and him fighting as a team and being fine, it's as subtle as a brick to the head. I thought the manga was dragging because it kept repeating that same obvious point for far too long. But apparently 95 chapters of constantly hammering home the same damn idea still wasn't enough for people.

>making a response to someone responding to a response