Joker Game

>Wait all series for a character to get their time to shine
>They're killed unceremoniously by the penultimate episode's very premise
>not even a single spoken line

I don't even know what to call this feeling. I'm not even upset at the writing, it was an excellent story. But fuck. He was my guy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TTgFcMjn59Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hoped to the end that he was just pretending to be reta- dead.

At least he's still alive in the Drama CDs, and the OVA.

I spent the whole episode waiting for him to get up and smirk.

youtube.com/watch?v=TTgFcMjn59Q
You will see him in the next episode.

It's not fair. Why did the smuggest spy have to die?

I can't believe it'll be over in a few days. I really liked this show, and it didn't feel like twelve weeks at all.

*11 weeks.

I know man. I got into the series because of him. His smugness and treatment of Sakuma reminds me of Ocelot. Even with spoilers since episode 1, it just didnt make it any easier.

Right, I'm retarded. Still, it's over too soon.

I'm disappointed, he's so qt and I wanted some homolust with Sakuma.

They never actually went out to town together, did they?

I kinda wish this show went on a bit longer. Each episode revolves around a different character so I don't see why they can't extend it to like 20 episodes or something.

I just hope I can find another espionage anime that's as good as Joker Game.

At least they had generic BL designs in the old manga.

Fuck, that's bad.

I wish we'd get a second season. There's four books-worth of stories to adapt.

Makes me appreciate Subaru all the more. Yuuki looks so unremarkable.

Hopefully the animators will adapt more of the manga once they finish this season, especially since the anime has been so well received.

Yeah, the mangaka fucked up the angles for the arms. At least there's lots of Miyoshi-smugness to make up for the occasional QUALITY.

How popular is the series? Not just the anime, but the whole thing in general. I think there was a live-action movie last year, so it's got to be pretty well-liked.

I've only just got into it, but from what I've read it's generally well received. I've been recommending it to my friends and most of them have enjoyed it.

Since it's pretty much over, post your top three Jokers.

1. Sakuma
2. Miyoshi
3. Jitsui
I like all of them though.

>I've been recommending it to my friends and most of them have enjoyed it.
Lucky. Of the three people I know who actually watch anime, not a single one was interested. Their loss, really.

Miyoshi, Yuuki, Fukumoto

Im in a similar boat though I barely even watch anime anyways, this and one or two other series being the exception. After this seasons over there wont be anymore threads on this ;_;

I wish there were more spy anime. It seems like such an underrated genre.

Why Fukumoto?

FUCKING HELL WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DAD

You okay there, buddy?

Yuuki reminds me of an elf on this page.

Well I dont actually consider him a favorite of mine, and I wouldnt even buy merch of him, but I thoroughly enjoyed his episode and how they presented his abilities to be a versatile actor and use tactics to set things in motion and get the job done. An understated character, yet I place him high at least when it comes to D-Agency anyways.

I hear Senko no Night Raid is similar in a way. I might give it a chance if theres nothing else.

They need to open the window.

This is what Im confused about. Did this recent ep take place after 1 or before? And if after, does that mean the anime is in current time and done telling back stories?

The anime has been airing in chronological order, that isn't part of the shows mystery.

So where is the best place to store your microfilms?

he helped a bit when he pretended to be a lowly house servant

Oh user

This episode was great. Even in death, a D-Agency spy gets their keikaku.

Kind of surprising Col. Yuuki makes his way out to all these places himself even though he is the top spymaster.

I wanted to feel sad, but nigga looks like all the other fucking jokers. I can't tell them apart 11 episodes in.

Which is really weird. Most newfags come here looking for "smart protagonists like Lelouch and Kira".
You'd think they'd like some actual mind games.

Ayy, same goes for me. Only one I actually know is Col. Yuuki since he comes out in nearly all episodes. Since the beginning I thought Sakuma was going to be the protag.

I guess the less middle-men there is, the better.