What does Sup Forums think of government provided public transportation?

What does Sup Forums think of government provided public transportation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=juFwBqSKyKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

www.shityrail.info

Its for niggers, criminals, and the poor.

It's often shitty..like for real. Feces. I hate feces.

The best public transport system would be a profitable public transport system. That way there would be an ongoing cycle of income to invest in pursuing income opportunities. The system would therefore gradually improve over time, instead of gradually decaying as tax-funded systems tend to.

I honestly hate taking the bus when it's full of niggers

public trans is fine, but you gamble
4 time felon, can't afford car, need to get cross town, diagnosed schizo, no meds, addicted to heroin? take the bus and act cool dude

Public transportation only works in a high IQ homogeneous white or asian community.

There was a literal retard on the other side of the aisle when I rode today having a civil conversation with the nigger next to him about self defense methods, it was entertaining

As usual main problem is niggers

would rather my tax dollars went toward that than nfl stadiums

this

>The best public transport system would be a profitable public transport system.
lol what a meme, how many public transportation systems generate a profit

It is shit
IT IS SHIT

So glad I have my own vehicle

It's too fucking slow and I don't have the time and patience for body odor and attitude. Walking over four blocks or more to wait 20 minutes or longer for a bus that will take 45 minutes to do what one can do with a car in 15 minutes is a guaranteed way to lose at life.

i think it's a fucking great idea. i think the government should invest heavily into comfy mass transit (high speed light rails, nice busses, bus only lanes, automation, etc.) and subsidize it so public transport is at a lower cost than commuting by car. it should be so heavily incentivized that public transport is almost usually a better option than owning a private vehicle. this would drastically reduce our reliance on (((foreign oil))) and reduce air polution

i hate how they stop every 5 fucking feet and fuck up traffic when you cant pass them. do they really have to stop literally every fucking street?

>so heavily incentivized
by this i mean gas taxes, auto insurance tax, toll roads, etc.

dude seroiusly fuck cares

>cares
cars

Buses have always been fine for me. Trains on the other hand are always full of scum.

Green Bay transit is pretty based.

It gets mistreated by unappreciative human scum who litter and graffiti

yeah wow it would be so great adding an extra 5 hours on my 45 minute to fucking work.
your post reeks of kikery fuck off

>by this i mean gas taxes, auto insurance tax, toll roads, etc.
>dude seroiusly fuck cares
In other words you just want to punish people who don't live in your urban, progressive little bubble

I want more transit but fuck you

Were cars designed exclusively for rich people? How the fuck are so many people going to be on the road at once? LA/SF is fucking hell

>be Central Coast fag
>work in Sydney
>commuting home of a night
>just want some fucking shuteye (long trip, depart central 5:59, arrive gosford 7:26)
>usually 8 carriage train so I can do this
>get to station last Thursday and board train
>packed as fuck
>turns out two entire carriages are out of service because some faggots smeared their piss and feces all over the seats

Trains are additionally always packed with faggots wanting an express trip to Eastwood and Epping, filling the intercity trains to capacity.

If you are a Sydney fag who uses intercity trains to quick hop from Central through Hornsby, Central through Blacktown or Central through to Hurstville (or fucking use any express service to hop 15 minutes out of a City) I strongly urge you to kill yourself in the most painful way possible REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stupid idea. Public roads yes public transport no.

Seems like a shit idea. Public transport as provided by the free market is extremely cheap.
What would be the benefits of state provided public transport to the individual? You get to save 2 dollars every day? Anyone who isn't a complete brainlet knows that although the individuals wouldn't have to pay for tickets, the actual cost of public transportation would skyrocket. You'd be wasting a lot of tax payer money just so people who use public transportation wouldn't have to pay a few bucks.
It's not worth it.

>take a highspeed bullet train to work for like $5
or
>pay for (((gas))) and listen to the (((radio))) for three hours while stuck in (((traffic)))
ok shlomo

Shireshitposter plz go

Not enough. Any state run venture should generate enough money to pay its staff, maintain its infrastructure and have money put aside for improvements later on.

All of them. They just generate a profit for the wrong people. Everything public generates a profit, at your expense.

Good transportation solution for cities, though I personally still rather use a bike.

>implying i dont ride a motorcycle
>implying i even deal with traffic
>implying theres going to be a fucking bullet train on every corner

VROOM VROOM MOTHERFUCKER

It's great. I've caught trains all over Europe and Asia and Oceania and it's ranged from absolutely brilliant to perfectly acceptable. Countries that invest in a reliable, well maintained commuter transport network are doing it entirely right.

It's ok, but our public transport overcrowded most of times.

>>implying theres going to be a fucking bullet train on every corner
i mean for like medium to long distances you're gonna take the train but getting a little auto-driven minicar for rides around down should be no big deal.

Inner City scum detected

You have to go back.

Got a place for you to go, it's so real

hey thats a detroit bus i recognize that

yeah and let me guess thats going to seat 1 person, be computer controlled and be powered by electric with a max speed of 25mph right? kill yourself.

Never should a state owned company backed by state capital make any economic intervention (c) Shinzo Abe
youtube.com/watch?v=juFwBqSKyKw

Pretty sure poor people don't live in inner city Sydney, mate. You probably can't afford a house in Redfern.

>everything public generates profit.
The whole idea of public services is to provide the service at cost. Which they usually do. The issue arises when these public services become so bloated the cost sky rockets.

I don't even live in Sydney. Or Melbourne for that matter.

Then it should only apply to urban areas you bitch

(((Singer)))

>paying 5 times as much money to live in a dreary shithole full of shitskins and chinks

Very good goy!

>poorfag confirmed

I'm sure all the people living there and turning it into a great gentrified place to live close to the city are really upset, mate.

Enjoy your suburban mediocrity.

>paying 5 times as much money to live in a dreary shithole full of shitskins and chinks

you mean NSW?

Ever seen Disney's original plans for EPCOT?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLCHg9mUBag

It's shit, and ruins regular traffic.

There are 5 tiers to public transportation.
>God tier
Everything just werks. Affordable prices with maximum efficiency on schedule. Might be crowded which is the only downside and testament to its prowess. Violence is kept to a minimum. Examples: Japan and South Korea.
>Good tier
Minor problems with any of the mentioned above. Generally only in regards to violence as the infrastructure and coverage in regards to the entire nation is in place. Which means it's more dependent on the people riding. Examples: China* , Germany
*Invests so much with PT lately , it's probably going to be better than most god tiers in a year or so
>Okay tier
Has a set of issues in regards to coverage or violence in their public transportation systems , but works consistently and very well, possessing infrastructure to acceptable levels or higher within a developed country and compared to its country size. May also be costly.Examples: UK , France
>Shit tier
Somewhat overpriced, lack of coverage and/or infrastructure to support public transportation within its borders. Generally doesn't feature ferry boats , trains or subway systems in most of its extension or lacks those entirely , while providing somewhat accessible and effective bus services.Examples: Brazil* , U.S
*borderline Shit tier , almost nigger tier
>Nigger tier
There is nothing. And if there is , it's a huge inefficient pile of shit ; be it because of no vehicles or infrastructure AT ALL ( sometimes even the basic like roads and such). Your best bet is riding a zebra to the next city (and you can bet your ass there are no stops).Examples: Somalia,Egypt

Adelaide neet confirmed

In Melbourne they're mostly empty 80% of the time (busses are only full when school's finished). A big fuck off bus gridlocking the road every 5 minutes is a huge burden on traffic. Make them walk / wait longer.

Pretty logical. Private operators present monopolisation issues. As cities grow in density If you want to build roads for cars you have to build roads like LA does which is retarded as it makes it so much of the usable land is covered in roads and forces buildings to be more spread out over the large area. Public transit is superior in that it can handle more commuters travelling in a denser amount of space. Roads are still needed, particularly for commercial traffic, but public transit is a great supplement.

Additionally, public transit is environmentally friendlier and reduces things like dependency on oil and lithium. It's fundamentally a more energy efficient way to move people.

The less and less dense an area becomes, the more sense cars as opposed to public transit makes sense due to ridership concerns. Public transit makes a lot of sense for cities.

Not gonna lie, was in Belarus and same metro trains were being used as USSR but since it was all whites using said transportation it was fine and rather convenient

oh shit busted

Public transportation can be a fine option. Anyone who doesn't live in some backwoods shithole without a strong economy knows there's only so much road building that can be done before other options need to be explored to alleviate gridlock.

Wrong dumbass

>smeared shit all over the seats

You've experienced this too? I swear these fucking retards should be chopped up while alive and fed to the dogs.

So folks, now that I have your attention, how is Seattle's system? I've gotta fly down there soon.

Is it true their food labels list how radioactive it is?

50% of Sup Forums posters are from adelaide.
And during work hours you can almost gaurentee its a croweater posting. There is no fucking work in adelaide.

>option
and thats the problem. eventually its not going to be an option.

Too rye aye. You didn't happen to go to Job Prospects this morning did you?

Check out this pathetic fucking cunt who couldn't handle his shandy on the train in Melbourne the other night.

Should've punched his teeth out and rubbed his face in it, but the sad little numale passed out.

>let me guess thats going to seat 1 person
lol ya if you have the money for it

i love your "me me me my car my privacy my freedom" it's like you think the luxury of owning a vehicle and the privilege of asking the government for permission is the same as having liberty. you also think you live in this fantasy world where every human is a unique snowflake that don't need nobody, instead of a highly socialized animal like reality clearly shows

Tell you what, the driverless trains in the Paris metro were pretty fucking amazing now I remember it.

I'll be honest...I think those buses like in OP's pic are sexy as hell. I'd never be caught dead needing to ride one, but I'll tell ya what; if I was rich, I'd buy one. All black with the windows blacked out too. Shit'd be tits.

The T in Boston is pretty good.

But Boston has tamer and fewer nignogs than most of the rest of the cities in the US.

>What does Sup Forums think of government provided public transportation?
Totally useless for suburban and rural retards like me. I am forced to obtain and pay for multiple vehicles to accommodate my family and its needs. It wouldn't matter however if I lived in a multicultural paradise like baltimore or chicago I would still have to drive for work.

Nah. I dont live in adelaide, grew up there lots of my mates have either left the state or are unemployed.

Create a job: buy a plane and fly people into the core city

Can't say I blame them. I'd be doing the same if Centrelink wasn't holding me to ransom

I never see this shit in Brisbane. Glad I live in the best state in the country. I've only seen 2 beggars all year in the city too. I went to Melbourne for a work trip for a weekend and the amount of homeless on the streets and people asking me for change or to sign surveys was insane. Sort yourselves out lower states.

>pajeet and poocel.

i already worked my life to afford a house and several vehicles. i deserve whatever the fuck i say i deserve. being forced to ride in your cuckmobile to be shoved into some shit covered train filled with half breed mud niggers to be hauled off into whatever fantasy land labor camp you have envisioned isnt going to be in my future

No, just stay away from Gomel and south of Gomel. Heres Belarus in a nutshell: imagine Brazil ie. Being poor but its filled with whites. So its poor, but its very safe and no niggerdom. Going to KFC there was a life changing experience.

sure why not

>Glad I live in the best state in the country.

But you live in Queensland...

The housing thing for the homeless is fucked and nobody is happy with it. We've got a massive housing boom and the state government is raking in the coin but refusing to actually build the social housing required to get people off the streets.

I live there. Our public transportation system is pretty damn good. It gets a bit crowded during rush hour, but you can get just about anywhere in the city cheaper and as fast (sometimes even faster) than you would driving a car.

I take the bus for the one chance, I'll get attacked by niggers and literally stab them to death in self defense.

Thats why I didn't get centrlink when I lost my job. It helps that when I was employed I saved a shit ton of money and the wife has a stable public service job. We're not getting rich but were surviving.

Its cuz they like being homeless you libshit. It guarantees them pity dollars

The bus makes money on a route based on how many customers it takes in a day overall. If it can take in a busload of customers at peak hours that serves the riders, keeps people off the roads in rushhour, and makes decent money. The rest of the day you can just take in enough customers to break even on your drivers costs as a route might not fill up much one way and not fill up at all the way back. Since they're government they will operate at a loss as well to give more people a cheap transit option. However if they're bleeding too much money they'll just run the buses less times a day and make the wait between buses longer.

Usually only certain urban bus routes are frequently full. However urban buses also run a lot more frequently because they're always full so they're not all bad.

Seattles system is memed as bad but it actually is found to have good transit overall according to objective studies. Whereas the traffic is fucking insanely bad.

Public transit isn't going to make roads go away. Buses are insanely cost effective at increasing coverage for low ridership routes and use roads. Commercial vehicles use roads. Trucks delivering goods use roads. Commercial vehicles will just gradually overtake roads like they do in NYC while the public will walk everywhere. You will still be able to use the roads in cities, you just won't want to.

What's to like about being destitute and homeless, you stupid cunt?

>lease home and vehicle from bank, or pay taxes to govt for them
>gamble on insurance because govt says so
>buy gas provided by israel's wars
>stand in line at government temple to pay for permission to use your property
ok america, nice liberty you got there

So I shouldn't be worried about the tram from the airport going right down the middle of MLK Blvd?

I think the free market will provide an answer

It's really sad at my job provider. Half the guys there are former Holden workers. These guys have been working factories basically their whole lives and they're completely fucked. Everything is either being shut down completely or being moved interstate. I don't even know what the fuck our state does to stay afloat.

I can drink like a motherfucker in Brisbane and just sweat it out. Subtropics rule.

oh shit nigga what are you doing

No. Seattle doesn't really have any super ghetto parts. Besides, transit cops get on and kick the undesirable fare dodgers off.

VROOM VROOM MOTHERFUCKER

intelligent people work so they can leave the shithole cities and own property. the taxes i pay on my property are fucking meager

kek

Uhh the fact that people give you money for doing nothing and you have zero living cost you bugger cuck niggerface