Having loved the original and never seen the sequel, how did it turn out? Are AO and the movie worth watching?

Having loved the original and never seen the sequel, how did it turn out? Are AO and the movie worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wlkj_FVL0so
youtube.com/watch?v=DbwrkPv3Vfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They are both shit, specially AO

AO is absolute grade A garbage. Watch it if you want to tarnish the first season.

Somewhat relevant to my interests. I loved the original but I didn't bother with AO because I heard nothing but overwhelming negativity. Eureka and Renton are still in that forest to me.

AO's still better than the novels where the Scub are nanomachines.

>Scub are nanomachines
My fucking sides

T-That's not canon is it? That's worse than midichlorians. (I don't really mind midichlorians)

It was absolutely shit, it basically shat on the original series's plot and closure, it almost like the new team hated the old one and decided to ruin it with Ao, fan widely disregarded it and deny its very existed, it was THAT bad, avoid at all cost.

I'm not joking, in the light novels the Scub Coral are literally nanomachines.

With fresh eyes and a little time, It's not worse than Hitler, but it about approximates it.

Some of the characters were fun and Christopher Blanc remains dad of the year, but it really wasn't the Eureka Seven sequel we were promised.

One of my buds has also a whole schpeal about how it actually contradicts the quantum physics related to the original story, so it's also fucks the universe.

ao is fucking terrible

This doesn't make fucking sense, the scub came to earth on a satellitenamed Eureka this is as retarded as that whole bullshit about Eureka being a robot in the movie

I think I know what your friend is talking about, in the original show if followed the strong anthropic principle theory that meant there was a hard limit to the number of sentient beings obversing a certain point of time and space before reality breaks down because the observation of everyone is causing a gigantic warp in reality while AO uses self-sampling assumption in that it assumes that each being observing a event will create a new universe and this leads to the clusterfuck of time travel, the thing about both theories is that they cannot actually work together at all being antagonistic to one another.

What infuriates me is that the chucklefucks at AO still tried to say it was the same shit when it doesn't make fucking sense while in the original they actually understood the theory, this just puts more truth to that argument about how the actual creator didn't come back for the sequel

Also when everyone saw the horror that was AO and started abandoning it they tried to ape the original, down to the style of the opening
youtube.com/watch?v=wlkj_FVL0so
youtube.com/watch?v=DbwrkPv3Vfk
FUCK AO

Wat a AO? some fanfic?

Here's all you need:

This is the cover for the last dvd of the original eureka seven.

AO was never part of the plan.

Guess you they are.

Who*

This pic is really sweet

Their kids obviously.

In all fairness, BRAVBLUE was some seriously rocking shit.

And yeah, you have the physics problem down pat.

Man, the only reason I can't entirely hate AO was we got surfing mecha back... at least a little. I'm a man of far too simple pleasures.

That and mama Eureka was adorable.

Different author, different backstory. It's been years since I last read them but IIRC the Scub were created by humanity to clean up the Earth because Humanity trashed it and left it to do its work while they had their mass exodus and in the meantime the Scub gained sentience.

Goddamn, they tried to be a cliche as absolutely possible

The movie was only good for long haired moe Eureka at the end.

The music was pretty good and the Renton vs Holland fight was actually epic, but yeah the rest was just crap

I remember how hyped I was before AO aired, thinking we'd get happy family Renton and Eureka

how naive we all were

back then we thought dewey was wrong

Doesn't it also have the only time that Renton and Dewey actually meet and confront one another?

Man E7 just oozed with style. Only other show I've seen with style so strong and consistent is maybe Bleach.

>yfw no more shounen haato

Dewey was always wrong. He was so assblasted about being wrong that he broke through into reality, hijacked BONES, and produced Ao

Was Dewey right in AO or something?

Coralians cant have kids with humans. The child cannot survive in their universe. Renton and Eureka had to send their son to an alternate universe for him to even survive

What the shit.

Here's some more to recognize how much of a kick to the stomache AO was

Ao, their kid, has a childhood friend who is a giant bitch and steals Nirvash from him.

There's a villain called Truth who everyone universally hated

Eureka shows 75% through the series but she's stuck in some time traveling loop. When she meets Ao she is still pregnant with him, so they have no good mother/son interactions. She's also alone on the Gekko

Renton shows up in like the last two episodes, traveling from dead world to dead world trying to find Eureka. He's also voiced by Holland's voice actor.

Fleur was a qt though

>She's also alone on the Gekko
This was such an obvious cop-out ("it costs too much", "too much effort", etc). The side characters were what made the original, so not seeing them at all in Ao was kind of a kick in the nuts

Ao is just a massive "Fuck you!" to the original series. Literally it's only redeeming quality is that the Main Character commits suicide in the final episode.

Ao was in the nirvash and was getting transported between dimensions. He was looking to go to one where the earth wasn't completely fucked, and found one where the Scub never existed on earth. He decided that one was good enough and jumped out of Nirvash, who was stuck in earth's orbit, and tried to ride the scub waves with his board, only to realize as he was burning up in reentry that no scub=no waves=dead.

I want to know why the english novels are so goddamn expensive. Vol. 1 is cheap, but the prices go $20 > $100 > $70 > $250

Blame Bandai US going out of business. FLCL vol 3 is impossible to find because of it as well. And I doubt I'll ever find a copy of the only Code Geass R2 novel to get translated into English.

What really stings is that I actually bought vol.2 at a store for $5 and when I went online to buy the rest of them they were at those ridiculous prices. I'm just hoping to one day run into the rest of them at another place that doesn't realize their value

>Eureka shows 75% through the series but she's stuck in some time traveling loop. When she meets Ao she is still pregnant with him, so they have no good mother/son interactions. She's also alone on the Gekko
>spoiler text

What were they thinking?

Made by the man himself, gallo44.

Would you recommend this anime to a depressed masochist?

What is this sequel you speak of OP? E7 only had one season.

It was a timeless masterpiece.

Only to fine connoisseurs with patrician taste.

Two actually.

The spoiler text is more of a meme born from implied doom due to how litttle they were thinking when animating the epilogue

>how did it turn out?
Fuck that time weapon bullshit.

I love AO OST, and until he meet Eureka, it was such a sweet episode.

>Truth was a mistake.
>Time travel was retarded.
>Bones can't write a sequel for shit.
My only complains. They ruined Eureka 7.

>Fleur was a qt though
One of the few good things.

only redeeming thing that came out of this was the the comics people made

Too bad he doesn't fucking end up with anyone. My reaction to the faggotry was the same as Elena had when she thought Ao was interested in her then he opened his stupid mouth and ruined it.

Also: That they set up Elena to have some special tie-in with Eureka and Ao, but then cop-out and turns out she has nothing to do with them at all besides being rescued by Eureka on a whim. Doubly so with her random doppelganger, the spying, murder, and non-chalant forgiveness of her like it was nothing, etc.

The whole thing with Elena was hilarous as fuck

>Elena: oh, by the way I murdered your original roomate, ursurped her identity and buried her in the front yard.
>Fleur: K, cool

You meant the retcon cannon?

Fleur was god tier, everything else was shit