youtube.com/watch?v=ePvpuLSKz9A
youtube.com/watch?v=s-7FZ43SfBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=J0zySGE82HY
youtube.com/watch?v=D35zKoYBaT8
youtube.com/watch?v=zucBfXpCA6s
youtube.com/watch?v=vKePu4Je7l4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dunno the sentiments around here when it originally aired

I just finally digged through my backlog and watched this last friday.

I must this 4-gatsu is pretty deep for something labeled as "shounen"

*I must say

one of the worst casts ever. i legitimately think this show is offensive.

You enjoyed it too then? I've seen a lot of shit about it on here. I really enjoyed it. The music was nice and the story was depressing yet cheerful at the same time

Nodame Clover: Lite

>Error: Duplicate file exists here.
Well then.

In other words, you're saying you're superior because you think other stuff is far more moving.

There are a lot of interactions that seemed forced and the dialogue is not one that middle schoolers would use.

Some of the decisions taken by the characters don't seem to make sense in the end and it leaves a sour taste.

Those that watched the first couple of episodes were turned off by terrible premature reviews from bloggers who barely watched it and decided to call it an NTR shitshow (this show was originally referred by the fans as NTR Piano). Many never got over this.

Having said that, I too found it enjoyable and very emotional. The music seems just right, even though it's not really a strict interpretation of the classics (Beethoven's Violin Sonata Kreutzer is so fucking wrong and yet I can't get enough of it) but overall it's an experience to enjoy, I think.

But yeah, Sup Forums is polarised by it.

No, because it was not a rip of another show and it was written better. The same reason a top tier 100 dollar steak is better than the 1 dollar one from dollar general.

Don't act up you fucking pleb, educate yourself in the genre.

Then rec some from the genre, oh great one

The drama in it is shit. It would have been okay otherwise.

boku no pico

Read the rules and google my first post.

reminder that real life middle schoolers can actually play Chopin with finesse!

youtube.com/watch?v=ePvpuLSKz9A

youtube.com/watch?v=s-7FZ43SfBQ

People like this are the exact type of people that populate Sup Forums and flood it with undereducated misinterpretations of everything.

Just ignore him and his objectively poor critical thinking skills.

The execution was too sophomoric for its premise.
Hue.

Or specifically says I can't make rec threads
I'm simply asking for you to make a post, not create a thread around it

>There are a lot of interactions that seemed forced
>and the dialogue is not one that middle schoolers would use.

lolwat you must have watched the bad subbed version of this

this show uses relatively simple japanese

I hope you're replying to me, saying he is under educated. Because I'm an autistic fuck and watch every show every season and have done so since week 1 of this hell.

This is also my favorite genre/archetype so I'm particularly well "educated" in it. Shigatsu was fucking miserable in terms of direction, drama, romance, and even music. Sure the music was alright, but they didn't pay it nearly enough attention. It was too focused on HORRIBLY fleshed out romance/drama and IM DYING :'^(. Literally shoot yourself if you think shigatsu is decent and the series I listed are not amazing COA stories.

>Liszt thought Chopin was better than him
>Chopin thought Liszt was better than him
Who's right Sup Forums?

Yep. Character interactions felt contrived and undermined the emotion behind it. Tsubaki could have been deleted from the show and basically nothing would have been lost.

First half builds up mother as the villain which does a 180 in the span of a single episode. There isn't a single performance where Arima doesn't shit the bed on stage at least once and even when he's not busy shitting the bed you can't actually have 5 seconds of uninterrupted music before some dipshit from the peanut gallery needs to chime in on how profound the performance is.

Rec threads aren't allowed on Sup Forums. Fuck off.

I bet that's the only animu you've watched

It isn't a rec thread it's a single post with recs
Holy shit you guys are retarded

i am unironically getting to post lurk moar for the first time in like 8 years

>Woman dies so that a male character can develop further

Shit plot, also overdone. First 12 episodes were quite a good ride and it should have ended with that.

You really showed your oldfagness there, grampa.

we have 4 more years to go, and I think this is one of the best anime hits of this decade besides Madoka and GaruPan and of course SAO. I wonder that says something about anime of this decade...

Even if he recommended you something it's not like you could watch it and change your opinion fast enough for it to be relevant in this thread.

Sup Forums doesn't encourage spoonfeeding, discover your own anime.

It's not just the subs, I'm also referring to the original source. Middle schoolers don't sound anything like this.

Google romance, coming of age, or drama anime and watch a few of them you fucking massive retard, I literally told you two of the best in my first post, then told you AGAIN that I did it and you're still shitposting.

He implied he's a master at this genre, so I asked what he would reccomend, I never asked for a whole thread, or for all the oldfags to come out from their rocks and shit on me. You guys get anal over everything, elitist cunts

Nigga I challenge you to find a one dollar steak

that pic sounds shounen-ish

He literally tells you explicitly to "educate yourself" and you respond by instead asking to be spoonfed like an entitled shit.

Congrats on making an example of yourself on exactly why Sup Forums shouldn't encourage spoonfeeding.

youtube.com/watch?v=J0zySGE82HY

literally one second in google

> You guys get anal over everything, elitist cunts

This should be the subtitle of Sup Forums

>You guys get anal over everything
Hi there, first time on Sup Forums?

If you don't like it then get out.

> spoonfeed this spoonfeed that
And tell me how it's so hard to save someone some time by telling them actually good shows instead of making them nitpick through hordes of shit shows? You just want to be a douchebag for the sake of being a douchebag.

Oh jeez you got me. That looks awful though, would you a one dollar steak?

It had some pretty amazing backgrounds.

The source material is filled with it.

>actually believing any steak is worth $100
>Paying more for things because "muh cultured"
>being this cucked.

>i want all of the reward with none of the work
>i ONLY want to watch the best shows
>i am a literal fucking retard and can't even find/follow the recommendations already given to me

>>>/reddit/

This dude has a solid point. There's always more to indulge upon, especially with reading. Have a good night, man!

Typical "I only want to watch the good stuff" mentality.

You can't watch only "good" anime, chances are even if he recommended all the anime he thinks are good, you wouldn't enjoy all of them. There is no fast track to developing taste. Do you really think the people who have seen thousands of anime only watch masterpieces? Slogging through the mediocre to bad stuff builds points of reference for exactly what good anime do better than others. The more you watch, the more you realize for yourself what you think is good and bad.

And you know what the best part of all of this is? Nobody is holding a gun to your head demanding you to finish every anime you start! If you don't like something you can just stop and all you've lost is a couple episodes of time and at least you can explain what you didn't like about it. Much more productive than whining to Sup Forums about it.

>the two recommendations
>watching shows that aren't the best
Do you want me to waste my valuable time like that? You're a fucking retard. Simply typing a few fucking recs in is the same amount of work as typing what you just typed now

If your time was really valuable you wouldn't spend it watching japanese cartoons and getting angry over the internet about your taste in japanese cartoons.

You've got some gall calling other people elitist if you're going to say shit like that, what entitles you to the 2 seconds it takes for an user to type a recommendation for your lazy ass?

You missed the point. Completely. Find your happiness on your own, stop trying to live up to expectations and be willing to try. It's only wasted time if you don't learn from it, brotha.

We are all comrades here, I'd do the same for each and every one of you losers, so I'd hope you'd do the same for me. Loser to loser

>user looks up anime coming of age anime
>Becomes a MAL shitter overnight

Great job Sup Forums

>Woman dies so that a male character can develop further

If only that had happened. What ended up actually happening is that Arima goes and solves/accepts all of his problems/weaknesses BEFORE blonde girl dies. She then dies and we get useless drama that doesn't advance anyones character except the blond girls and not in a good direction.

She wedges herself between two people who she clearly knew was meant for each other and she does this by faking her love for arima's best friend who she thinks doesn't care for her but this wasn't portrayed clearly. Then she dies and leaves a hole in arimas heart that no one else can fill

what a bitch of a character.

It's a two cour show with a plot that is better fit for a movie.

If he becomes a MAL shitter he's still off Sup Forums.

Sup Forums wins either way.

Calling yourself a loser in this case is escaping the fact that you know your potential to better yourself, but only feel safe with other people who you think are the same as you. That's not the case. We are here for each other, user. But only the scrubs and shitposters don't want to see you excel. I sure as hell want you to.

There are plenty of other anime communities where that sort of camaraderie actually exists and is encouraged.

Sup Forums isn't one of them.

Being a MAL shitter is the step after seeing 1 anime of a genre and thinking its AOTD

youtube.com/watch?v=D35zKoYBaT8

If he thinks Shitgatsu is good he's already a MAL shitter.

and Zetsubou sensei has the perfect answer for the OP yet again.

Listen OP, it's very simple.
1) it was obviously a tear jerker from the getgo, it had all the ingredients for a paint by numbers tragedy/tear jerker
2) NTR: say what you want about Sup Forums's intense dislike for NTR, or the very shallow non-relationship the blonde tramp had with best bro, but the NTR vibes and the angsty bullshit that fake relationship gave off were not cute, entertaining or even logical in retrospect. It was a bullshit situation that made no fucking sense and made the audience rather uncomfortable.
3) this is a story about classical music, and the director HATES/doesn't understand classical music. This is less important to most watchers, but even people who don't get classical music usually can sense 'something' is wrong with the use of the music they just don't know what. People familiar with classical music will instantly understand no one in the cast understood the music they were using, and used it fucking poorly.
4) romance+classical music was done 10000X better in Nodame Cantibelle; that anime understood the music it was about. As a result, even if you're not a fan of that type of music you can appreciate how much better this anime did with the topic. Its such a huge difference you can't possible watch YLIA and find any enjoyment in it as you'll just find yourself wishing you were watching NC the whole time
5) Forced drama - THE ANIME. I hate the forced drama meme. However, if there was one anime that fit it (other then angle beats) it was this filth.
6) unnatural dialogue - the cast was 4 years too young for most of the dialogue
7) nothing blonde bitch did was consistent with a 14yo girl dying of key aids. You'd have to look far and wide to find a 50yo who acts like this. This character only exists in fiction. It's bullshit, it's so weird it's impossible to watch and not gaffaw when you find out she's dying.
8) the ending - Letter. Barf.

This question always comes down to one thing; do you actually play music, or do you just listen.

If you only listen, Chopin comes across has having a bigger impact. His music is simpler, easier to understand, and generally more accessible.

If you actually play, Liszt is by far the more interesting of the two. It's every bit as good as Chopin, but much more experimental. The emotion is much more apparent to someone playing.

Both were written that way as well. Chopin was sickly for most of his life, and was average at best (comparably to many famous composers) at the piano. His music was written to be consumed by the masses. On the other hand, Liszt was a virtuoso at the piano, and tailored his music to be played by someone of his level of talent.

Let's also not forget that Liszt was far more prolific, and Chopin only composed for the piano.

In general, I'd say Chopin was right that Liszt was better, but that's not to say Chopin's music is bad by any means.

Personally I was always a firm believer that Bach was and remains the standard in Classical Music. ESPECIALLY with the piano

still if forced to chose between Chopin and Liszt I'd probably go with Chopan; though I'd rather take Mozart over both of them.

(cont)

why mozart? because this youtube.com/watch?v=zucBfXpCA6s alone is better then ANYTHING Chopin or Liszt ever did.

I've always enjoyed Liszt's transcriptions of Beethoven. It's pretty rare that both the original composer and the interpreter are so clearly present, together, in a piece.
youtube.com/watch?v=vKePu4Je7l4

Feels rushed to be honest.

It's hard to go wrong with Bach. When you get to the very top there isn't much between any two composers past personal preference. I have a personal attachment to Rachmaninov, so I'd put him as my favorite.

you know I don't think I've ever heard this one. Thank you for linking it. That was fucking amazing.

I think I like this better then anything i heard from Liszt before, and you're right, this is taking a great piece from mozart and just making it better. fantastic!

>His music is simpler, easier to understand, and generally more accessible.
>Liszt is by far the more interesting of the two
>underrating Chopin this bad
The orthodox view of Chopin as a miniaturist is now pretty much obsolete, exploded, discredited. Many of the large works— ballades, scherzi, sonatas, great polonaises, fantasies, barcarolle— are longer than an average movement of Beethoven. Chopin was, in fact, the only composer of his generation who never, after the age of twenty- one, wrote a long piece that was ineffective. Many of schumann’s larger works (although not, of course, the fi nest) have unin-spired moments that raise problems for their interpreter of sustaining the interest. There are deserts with few oases in a number of works of Berlioz; and there are not many works of liszt that are completely exempt from some facile and even trashy pages. But the elegance, distinction, and efficacy of Chopin’s large forms are almost unique for the time in their success.

Chopin’s music has no humor, except for a certain elegant wit present in some of the preludes and mazurkas. however, the intensity of most of his works, large- scale and miniature, generally surpasses that of all his contemporaries. it is perhaps not hard to pinpoint the source of this extraordinary intensity. it arises from the strange combination, on the one hand, of the techniques he mastered, the long- breathed sustaining of italian melody, supported as no italian opera composer knew how to accomplish, by the contrapuntal texture, and on the other, with the richness and continuous expressive interest of the inner voices that he learned from his study of Bach and Mozart. to this he added his adven-turous and radical experiments in chromatic harmony that appalled his contem-poraries but were exploited by later generations. rarely disturbed by the ostentatious virtuoso effects of liszt, never diluted by sallies of eccentric humor as in schumann and Berlioz, and never hemmed in by the prudent classicism of Mendelssohn’s art, much of his music has an intense, focused passion hardly ever equaled in the years between Beethoven and Wagner.

I also enjoyed it too, except for the excessive drama. I fell in love with Kousei.

I fucking hate what this show has done to the comment section in classical music on youtube.

So many autists who think just because they watched an anime involving classical music =they're pros.

Only Nodames first season is good though, the rest are garbage.

It had some incredible music, I listen to Rachmaninoff's Love Sorrow and Zimmerman's Chopin interpretation just because of this.

Yeah realizing that you are a spoiled brat and having necrophilia was definitely "moving"

It's Nodame Cantabile with forced "feels"

>listening to classical on YouTube

>Only Nodames first season is good though
"No"

because it is

am i the only one laughing because of the anime cringyness ?

I dropped this shit on episode 8

Because when you really look at it you can see how fucking garbage the whole situation is.

The music is good sure but you feel nothing for the characters, They're all so bland and the writing is just shoving unlimited amount of similes and metaphors to describe every emotional situation.