So can we agree Chimera Ant is the best arc Shounen has to offer?

So can we agree Chimera Ant is the best arc Shounen has to offer?

yeah man

So what episode does it start at? I cbf watching the whole series.

>Nobody can make a simple action without the narrator explaining it for 5+ minutes
No

Episode 76.

Lead up and execution of Merum vs Old guy was top tier

this

it made battle tendency look casual in comparison to how much it explained every damn move

This. The pacing in the arc was atrocious at times. I enjoyed Yorknew City more.

This arc is absolutely fucking atrocious and caused the first time I dropped the series, the second time was the current arc. The Chimera Ant arc has 1-2 good fights and everything else is garbage.

In the anime, maybe it sucked. But in the manga it was pretty damn intense.

thx fampai

Appaz it's good because it's full of interesting moral/political dilemmas, not because of the fight scenes.

If you want good fight scenes watch OPM.

Supreme Leader is in it so yes.

Old Guy....Get the fuck out of here. Bet you only watched the show for the fights huh?

>Appaz it's good because it's full of interesting moral/political dilemmas, not because of the fight scenes.
I don't need good fight scenes, I just hate the current plot and direction its heading. The story telling became an absolute mess since the Chimera Ant arc, especially during the whole wish side story and the election. I just find the whole premise of the current arc fucking boring and just feels like the author blatantly just didn't know what the fuck to do next.

>If you want good fight scenes watch OPM.
The fact that thats what you recommend to me instead of series with far greater fight scenes is disappointing, user.

Nigga you retarded, Chimera Ant was some gay ass shit. 60 fucking episodes for a plot line that coulda been resolved in 25 if fags didn't stand around crying like little bitches.

>Ugly, uninteresting antagonists
>Forced, unbelievable love story between the Meruem and genderbent Killua
>Glacial pacing compounded by endless exposition
>Trite, uninspired training arc right in the middle which kills the narrative's momentum
>Boring fights (outside of Netero vs. Meruem)

CA arc was merely "okay". It's largely overrated by people who think it's the deepest shit ever just because it explores "mature" themes.

Yorknew was better.

imho, gon vs pitou was the best fight in the entire series. Shit gave me chills.

>>uninteresting antagonists
haha what

Its made even worse if you read it as it was published and dealt with hiatus after hiatus after hiatus. Literally several hiatuses during the big climactic fight between Netero and totally not Cell.

>fight

it was basically just super saiyan Gon smashing the ever loving shit out of Pitous lifeless corpse after the first hit. He was so powerful he barely even flinched getting his damn arm cut off.

>HxH
>best anything
I know this is the HxH circlejerk thread, but still

you don't have to be blind

Agree with all your points except these two
>Boring fights (outside of Netero vs. Meruem)

They are, hell I struggle to even remember their names and I read that arc twice.

That fight was fucking horrible. It was literally "we can't find a way for them to beat Pitou so here is super saiyan Gon who just wins". The best fight is between Knuckle and that really big bug, whats his face.

Pitou best girl.

Indeed she is.

for what else are you watching a fucking shounen boy?

>They are, hell I struggle to even remember their names
That explains why you dislike such an ambitious and brilliant arc then.

>It was literally "we can't find a way for them to beat Pitou so here is super saiyan Gon who just wins".
Retard

>HxH
Deep themes and character development.

If you're talking about that being an asspull, it's really not. Many characters throughout past arcs have highlighted how dangerous Gon was, it was only a matter of time before he went apeshit. And that point was the best time to do it.

>That explains why you dislike such an ambitious and brilliant arc then.
Alright hotshot, explain whats so "ambitious" and "brilliant" of a hackneyed arc with shit pacing, uninspired ideas, and just really shitty fights. Knuckle and Morau were the only good things to come from this garbage arc.

>Retard
Somebody is getting a bit excited that bedtime is a little later during summer.

>it was focused on the character psychology and themes of human nature instead of generic shonenshit fighting so the pacing is shit

It was bretty good, but slow as fuck

And he did it through a power that was a complete asspull and experienced absolutely no consequences outside of being in bed for a few days and temporarily losing his nen thanks to stupid wish arc. There is nothing good about that stupid moment, it just suddenly happened with no warning that it was even a possibility.

And that form also looked retarded.

>it was focused on the character psychology and themes of human nature instead of generic shonenshit fighting so the pacing is shit
Whose? It was still generic shonenshit to the absolute extreme.

>And he did it through a power that was a complete asspull
See >experienced absolutely no consequences outside of being in bed for a few days and temporarily losing his nen
Permanently losing his nen

>There is nothing good about that stupid moment
Except for being thematically powerful and the apex of Gon's character development throughout CA

>And that form also looked retarded.
It's supposed to, Togashi is showing how fucked up the "Super Saiyan" trope is.

I think the real question here is, is there a better shounen arc than CA?

It made me genuinely give a shit about a character with such a shitty design as Meruem, and that's impressive for me.

Without mentioning how retarded it is to bring a word as subjective as "interesting" in a discussion, what did you find uninteresting about them?
>Forced, unbelievable love story
The romance was barely implied, that's the literal opposite of forced and unbelievable.
>Glacial pacing compounded by endless exposition
Kite dies 15 chapters in and the invasion is over in less than 30. The pacing was actually pretty good, unless you're talking about the abomination that was the anime.
>training arc
There was literally no training shown and it also switched perspectives to other things going on to not kill the momentum. They even skipped 2 of the 4 fights.
>Boring fights
Again, boring is such a subjective statement it's not worth bringing up.

CA arc has such glaring flaws that never get brought up and instead idiots keep complaining about non-issues or things that are plainly false. Someone explain this to me.

Part 4

it's pretty incredible how we follow his growth from his birth to his death

there's something to be said about him experiencing human kindness in komugi and then human cruelty with the rose I guess

>CA arc has such glaring flaws
I'm interested, what did you consider flaws in CA? It's easily the best shounen arc I've seen.

>haha what
You heard me. Meruem is the only character that can be called interesting, and even his development is forced as hell. Youpi is the typical "honorable brute" archetype you've seen in every other shounen manga, Pitou's only defining character trait is being bloodthirsty and Pouf is just a yandere. You can't even accuse me of being reductionist; those are their defining traits. They're just a typical battle shounen miniboss/henchman squad. Their only interesting aspect is their devotion to the king. The fodder ants aren't worth mentioning; they can barely be called characters and their ridiculous character designs made it difficult to take them seriously.

What is it about this arc that inspires such rabid defense? Is the bar for battle shounen set set so low that anything even slightly thought-provoking is called a masterpiece?

>it just suddenly happened with no warning that it was even a possibility.
Gon characterization as a reckless fool,adrenaline junkie and suicidal maniac is carefully unfolded throughout the series.
Morel even commented that he's utterly insane when he tested him.
Nen contracts are also a thing.Kurapika was capable of taking down guys that can wipe the floor with the 90% of all current hunters.
You didn't have a problem with that because you need everything explained to you like a fucking shonen babby.

>Is the bar for battle shounen set set so low that anything even slightly thought-provoking is called a masterpiece?
I don't get why the bar for shounen is being thought provoking anyways. The entire genre is about fighting, why should the defining quality of it be story, politics and drama rather than shit like animation, choreography and fight creativity?

Not to mention the most obvious one that was setup before CA, Kurapika and the Spiders. Kurapika was arguably even more OP than Gon was against Chrollo and Uvogin.

>these at their defining traits, e-except for that other defining trait that's presented and explored differently for each character, but that doesn't cause, because.

>What is it about this arc that inspires such rabid defense?
Gray morality, thought-out parallels, amazing symbology, huge character development, guerrilla warfare, politics and a beautiful ending.
Of course, you couldn't expect a simple-minded shitposter who can't see how in depth was the Royal Guards' development to see this.

Who are you quoting? And stop stutter-typing, it's not helping your argument.
>these at their defining traits, e-except for that other defining trait that's presented and explored differently for each character
None of which are developed or explored in a meaningful way.
>Gray morality, thought-out parallels, amazing symbology, huge character development, guerrilla warfare, politics and a beautiful ending.
Thanks, I needed the laugh.

Firstly, the mushroom cloud is a visual shortcut for any audience – particularly a Japanese audience – for nuclear detonation. Hunter x Hunter manages to keep the visual and elevate it, creating a deeper emotional resonance. The cloud blossoms outward while the effects, both physical and psychological, are felt by Pouf and Youpi, even at a great distance.

This is aided by the Meruem’s exit from the molten blast zone, cradled in Youpi’s arms. Previously, the series had gone great lengths to show the difference in power between Netero (one of the most powerful humans to be introduced in the series) and Meruem. Therefore, the bomb is immediately recognized in-universe and by the audience, as something with incredible power, enough power to reduce the most powerful being in the world, Meruem, to a burnt husk.

Secondly, as you touch upon, a nuclear weapon becomes a pure expression of humanity. Meruem states that Netero will die alone while he, being the Chimera Ant King, holds the wish of his people in everything he does. His body was made for the express purpose of furthering the Chimera Ants, and every action Meruem takes is supposed to affirm this mission. To Meruem, Netero appears to be alone when Netero actually carries the wishes of humanity in every action. So much so, that, as you say, Netero’s use of it is hardly a reflection of humanity at its worst, but rather a duty he must perform for the preservation of the human race.

Additionally, Hunter x Hunter had previously shown Netero’s devotion as an individual. Scraps of flashbacks show us that he honed his power through a ritual of 1,000 prayers and punches, exemplifying his overwhelming gratitude to the martial arts that he loved. The Poor Man’s Rose becomes his final benediction in one life dedicated to both destruction and creation. A final prayer and punch giving thanks to the love of his life.

No. Most HxH slowreaders agreed that Yorkshin arc is the best.

>idiots who read less than 100 wpm prefer yorkshin because they grew frustrated half way though chimera ants and gave up
sounds about right

this is a terrible meme

What was the deal with that wierd censorship in the beginning of the chimera ant arc?
There doesn't seem to be any scans without it. Iit was just a handful of panels (corpse of the dictator of NotNorthKorea, monkey ant fight, Cheetu's finger collection) and it was the first and last time they ever censored something.
It was inconsequential as fuck.

I guess you haven't seen Stain arc

If you mean the Boku Hero Academia one, that arc was shit.

Not who you are responding to, but I liked the character development. It was all the long-winded explanations mid-battle that killed the pacing for me, especially when the final assault on the palace began. Maybe the manga is paced better, but I was watching the show on a friend's recommendation and there's a huge problem when it takes four episodes to explain 10 seconds of action.

I really liked the Chimera Ants themselves, though.

I like BnHA but you cant compare it to HxH

Yorkshin alone is better than all hero academia arcs

As someone who doesn't care about action and loved how much detail we had into every character's thought processes, I loved it. The part right before Knuckle hits Youpi shows that Togashi was self aware about it too.

Throwing empty, vague statements as criticism already showed how much of a retarded pseudo intellectual you are but the "thanks i needed the laugh" with the smug picture you tried to pass as an argument really cemented you as a complete braindead nigger.

Something like that works better when read, in my opinion. When you're watching a show, it just feels disruptive when the action is paused so frequently. That said, I should probably read it once I clear up my backlog a bit more. Maybe the middle will feel less tedious that way, because I really enjoyed the beginning and the end.

HxH has all of those.

Arcs in BnHA right now are little more than a handful of chapters strung together under a loose theme or enemy.

Fuck the octopus.

I could potentially agree with that if DC wasn't shaping up to be even grander

Don't worry, we've got a few months to spend on a boat to kill that hype!

Plotwise, yes. But so far we don't have any indication of what DC will be about thematically.

If I said there is a blank paper in the box, you then open the box and see a blank paper, then I fulfilled what you expected, you can't find any errors, flaws in my statement, therefore it is 10/10.

And now I say there is a story with a fascinating , solid power system, amazing writing, tight logic in the box, then you open the box but the inside doesn't match your expectation, of course you will be disappointed, and maybe eventually grow some hate for it.

That's why SoL anime is so likable but despite having no real content, while HxH met a lot of criticizing.

if hisoka's on the boat he would maintain the hype throughout

>fascinating , solid power system, amazing writing, tight logic in the box
You just described HxH.

>princes all trying to murder each other on the boat
>at the same time Hisoka is trying to murder all the spiders on the boat

could be interesting

ofc i did, but my point is not everyone can realize why HxH has flaws, but should be tolerated, because it is the price of having so many great contents.

Not even the best Arc of Hunter x Hunter.

the "Kurapika's now a psychopath" Arc

You mean the most overrated Arc of Hunter x Hunter.

I always thought psychopath is something you born with?

Kurapika wasn't going to let that stop him

>You mean the most overrated Arc of Hunter x Hunter.
Wrong, or else he would have posted a picture from the Chimera Ant arc.

Hey Spiders,
My name is Hisoka, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are delusional, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day following order from Chrollo. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever tried to fight me 1v1? I mean, I guess it’s fun being an order-following grunt because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to Gon x Killua pictures on facebook.
Don’t be a powerup tool. Just hit me with your best nen. I’m pretty much perfect. I have the power of both rubber AND gum, and was starter on my dodgeball team. What sports do you play, other than “jack off to naked drawn Chrollo doujins”? I also go on fun killing missions with Illumi, and have a banging hot slave (She just stiched me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch

>She just stiched me; Shit was SO cash

no

The arc was pretty epic, but Merum and the other 2 guards getting rekt by Flower-Atomic-Bomb was an absolute OP ending

YYH >>>>> HxH though.

Killua is cute!

hope that edgy mary sue dies soon

Pouf best ant

no, it's not even close

>still no viz chapter

samuraikatana1 please

The fuck you saying. Every royal guard had an evolution in their personality, not as great as Meruem though, but it looks that you failed to see that. And of course there were "fodder ants", but Welfin and Ikalgo had character development and even the fucking lobster had some.

This arc was so fucking slow but it's probably because i was only reading the manga and the updates during the arc were atrocious.

Air Gear first arcs.

>Air Gear
>mangareader
>namefag
report and ignore folks

I liked it and thought the narration added a lot of drama

>>Ugly
You're gay aren't you?

>I READ MANGA FOR THE FIGHTS

get out

Well anything else is better time spent on actual books

>genderbent Killua
This entire post is retarded, but jesus christ.

Took too long to end for mangafags because of the Hiatus and the art quality but as anime this really became a masterpiece.

but hes right machi is just killua with long hair

b8