Why is this so popular again?

why is this so popular again?

Self insert of leaving you current world to show your white knight online persona to Lisbeth who will suck your E cock

they think they are godlike gamers like kitito when they actually just play OP chars in a broken MMORPG and they hope to find a GF through games / the internet

Fun adventure show with great animation and soundtrack

Its like how every anime should be

Why is this a meme. Do you consider every male anime character that has girls around him and does things a power fantasy / self insert.

Because we are all weaboos who wanna get the bitches in a video game but the creators wanted it to seem like that was just a side achievement.

you don't know what weeaboo means

You can expect that from battle harem series, newfag.

>meme
>kid who only plays games online but everyone wants his dick for no reason
>also he's the best at it literally nobody can touch him

Kirito is a self-insert

It was released at just the right time. Also babes.

Waifus and self-inserting

because normies and autists

The ultimate normalfag self-insertion fantasy.

The majority of LNs do something similar. The majority of anime does something similar. Singling out sao is retarded and makes no sense.

please, just PLEASE FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHITTY GENERAL

fucking derp_commander

Haruhi is shit too.

asking a question = general

kill yourself

Self-insert fantasy for US NERDS XD

Because it is on some level an interesting concept, even if it was poorly executed, and because everyone can't stop making threads like these about it

Because the majority of people are not so emotionally emasculated, they can't imagine themselves being fucking awesome.

Seriously, it seems that anime increasingly aims for a more and more pathetic audience. Contrast SAO and Accel World, for instance: Then you have shows like Guilty Crown and Valvrave, where you have weaker and weaker people to self-insert into.

It's like they're going "Oh, our target audience isn't anyone with a shred of masculinity left. We need to go lower. Deeper. We've hit rock bottom and have to keep going."

yeah kirito is such a fedora-tipping overly emotional pussy that I can't even find a single way to relate to him. yet I can see he is clearly designed to be a self insert. it's getting ridiculous. I don't even think literal autists identify with anime characters anymore. it's such a shame because the production values are top notch and are wasted on this trite

it was cool and fun.
like every superhero movie

>meme

>asking the same question
>everyday
No u

common regurgitated misinformation is definitely a meme

>liking capeshit

It's like most LNs main target are otakus who want to self-insert so they can escape their shitty lives

Why is Game of Thrones popular again?

Midgets getting blowjobs

>Muh mature story
>Muh Politics
>Softcore secks scenes
>Muh midgets
I don't know

>montage of cute girls
>Klein
>no Agil

You forgot about
>muh incest

Mother Rosario Arc>bad arcs>shit>gun gale online

>>montage of cute girls
>>Klein
So?

It's mature and dark and to normalfags that equals deep. So they think they're so mature and deep people because they watch that garbage. It's the same for a lot of edgy shit that takes itself seriously.

Why does anybody care

I like it and I don't think they try to be deep. It's just fun to watch

The problem with the show is that Kirito went for the most basic waifu instead of pink haired girl or his sister.

majoirty of LNs are shit

but SAO is worse since it doesn't even do characters well

It's called easy pickings user, let them have their low hanging fruit

Same reason twilight is popular

Mary sue fiction

Because everyone is just trying to fit in

Nobody said that majority are any better

Same reason Re:Zero currently has 500 replies

The same reason gangnam style is popular

I'm sorry, I just woke up. You rang?

>he doesn't do big, two year cums

The author literally said that Kirito was a self insert. He also wrote actual hentai of his own characters and it's fucking hilarious.

I watched the first 10 eps when it first came out, I just went back and watched the whole first season and it went downhill quick when it got to the faries. There's supposed to be 8 races or some shit, and the final boss was supposed to be built in a way you had to cooperate with all the other races, but Kirito literally just buys a random broadsword from a shop, has two small armies, and the rest of the races aren't even shown for the most part. Oh well it's over.

The second half was so garbage. "I know we're not related so it's okay to fall in love" you're first cousins you dumb bitch

How come such a shit show get so much attention?

same reason we have SAO and EVA threads all the time

I thought it was commonly accepted that most LNs and their MCs are shit?

Interesting premise
shitty execution
also girls

Tsundereshit?

People have no taste.

RE: Zero is actually good mate. At least Subaru struggles in fights and the girls actually had a valid reason for liking him because of all the shit he went through for them.

See a need fill a need

combination of chuuni and moe. The chuuni explains itself, there'll always be chuuni and some show will always get some attention because of it. The moe is a bit harder to explain, since we're saturated with moe. However consider that moe object in Re: zero are quite unusual in design. Weird eyes, very round head with twin things, unusual straight hair, and you can come to the conclusion that moefags will flock to it because it is unusual moe. Enough to make a distinction. That said, it's not like Re: zero is some kind of phenomenon, just one of the more noticed series this season

Elaborate.

>Zero is actually good
Just like Tokyo Ghoul, Seven Deadly Sins and Boku no Hero are actually good right? Fuck off

Evangelion is actually good.

It's alright. Doesn't deserve the constant generals though. Or more than a single thread a month.

>look how much I'm fitting in guys

Just wait until you watch season two. It makes season one look like a masterpiece.

I'm doing the exact opposite of fitting in, retard.

Only show where I've actually gotten angry while watching it.

S1- Gary stu self insert the series
S2- NOTHING HAPPENS the series

Pink is best girl though, desu

>Wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg

You've misquoted me twice now. What's your end-game? If you just want to shitpost no need to reply to me

Agreed, most of these people want off Anno's wild ride with the fucking awful movies at this point.

I'm thinking about getting a PS4 just for SAO games.
Hold me.

See

see >

See

see

See

see

See

See

See, you guys keep spamming self-insert as a reason yet I know a few entry-level girls who like this show. Are you telling me they fantasize about being the best gamer in the world with a harem of their own?

See

Daily reminder Accel World will forever be superior but will be hated on by normalfags because they can't self insert.

It's just fun. I roleplay on WoW a lot so I can self insert myself easier than all of your sub normies. Animation is quite nice too.

They self insert as the girl getting fucked by the hot self insert guy.

No, they fantasize about being a kickass gamer with a qtπ bf like Kirito. It's like they say: girls want him; guys want to be him.

Marketing bordering on blatant lying to convince people that it's some sort of Battle Royale death game with high stakes rather than a cheesy power fantasy story. Newer fans that it was marketed are a really really bloody dumb and will like anything as long as you pump them full of enough hype

Anime is definitely aiming for a more sad sack dumb as rocks audience nowadays. I mean theres an entire genre based around getting people to weep over some dying girl that if you base you're show around its formula will guaranteed get it labeled a masterpiece. SAO even had an arc based around it and A-1 in particular loved that sort of shit

Easy to approach, easy on the eyes and mind. Casual shit.