>2017
>Still believing in atheism
Explain yourself, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Efu-tnZt_mU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Atheism isn't about belief. It just means you don't believe in God.

Just because dawkins is a moron who blamed the shit instead of the dog that shat it doesnt make religion suddenly not shit

It was not the question, faggot

I have a message for all atheists

Read the bottom right hand paragraph of this image

>TLDR: Even if Christianity isn't real, Christian girls have the best morals, and if God turns out to be true then you win the afterlife too.

You want to be really redpilled? Read this.

Cool i found a place to drop a rant
Im sick of athiests talking shit about God and religion in general then when times get hard or somebody has surgery or dies you see them on Facebook like...
>sending prayers
>praying for you

>meme flag
opinion discarded

This. fpbp

>see them on Facebook like...
No you don't

Maybe YOU dont, but i do.

>believing in atheism

>2017
>Believing in religions

Stupid

m'lady

I'm atheist but lack belief in evolution. It's obviously made up.

its just people going, therefore, and logically and muh physical proof.

knowledge puffs up your ego, but wisdom edifies you.

What else is their, all Abrahamic religions exist to subvert the heritage of non Jews while plagiarizing Sumerian myth.

What's strange with it? You can only believe in atheism, cause it's theory that nothing started creation of universe, therefore universe has been never created

This

I am more of an agnostic atheist, in that I do not claim to know everything about the universe. But it can be difficult to reconcile my observations with ancient scriptural doctrines. I take a more nuanced approach to transcendental questions, and relish in the mystery of life.

youtube.com/watch?v=Efu-tnZt_mU

Your retarded question can't be answered. Since atheism is a lack of belief atheism in itself does not have a belief.

>inb4 agnosticism

agnosticism means that knowledge of god is unknowable. It doesn't go as deep as non-belief.

FPBP

If you are a decent person by nature, you don't really need religion/atheism.

>people too weak to direct their own lives so they have to follow whats written in a book

Wew

sadly no Sup Forumsack, maybe in other countries but not in France, and i don't see myself as an Atheist more a "don't know and don't care guy" aka agnostic.

Atheism is a belief, dumbass

It's mostly women who do this. They're also the types who describe themselves as "spiritual but not religious".
Their beliefs are predicated on how they appear to others, rather than on principles.

You don't know. Neither do I. Nobody knows.

I believe the following when it comes to 'nothing': If there is no time yet, because there is nothing. Then something is bound to happen at any second. So that means something will happen instantaneously. If in that 'nothing' were powers working, ie. not a uniform nothingness, that would mean there's a possibility of chaos. And that will build up to sprout a universe.

And if you want to believe it was a God which gave that push, is fine by me also. But books like the bible are just an ancient coping mechanism, just like praying etcetera. Or even a mechanism to control or both. Makes perfect sense.

>more a "don't know and don't care" guy
Pretty much this. Religion is pretty much one of the most irrelevant factors in my life, in terms of how the ideas themselves effect me. I don't think about them at all. The only religious thing negatively affecting the world at the moment is Islam.

>Still believing in atheism
Atheism isn't an ideology. It's just a lack of belief. Libshits give it a bad name, and most of them are frauds, seeing as they are still spiritual and whatnot.

No, atheism is a belief because starting that religion is not true is a claim and it means it needs evidence.

>atheism is a belief because starting that religion is not true is a claim and it means it needs evidence.
Atheism is a lack of belief in God based on a lack of evidence for God. There is however plenty of evidence that contradicts most religious teachings

>Lack of evidence
You can only believe in atheism, cause it's theory that nothing started creation of universe, therefore universe has been never create

you don't seem to get it user, you just LACK belief that's all, as you could say a muslim is an atheist of Christianity for exemple, atheism doesn't mean you believe that nothing started the universe.

and stating a religion is true also needs evidence, which you can't provide.

> LE LE FEDORA TIPPERZ, ima go let the pope rape babies.

Religion is the belief in God based on faith alone, and some of us don't have that faith. I don't have that faith, because there is no proof for the existence of God. Though if there were proof, it wouldn't be due to faith that I believed in God, so I'm in a catch 22.

Atheism is believing in the big bang and macro evolution without any evidence. Sounds like a religion to me.

>without evidence of macro evolution

burger education at its finest.

forgot to mention but i presume you believe the Earth is flat ?

Because what ? Because you say so ?
It means that only agnosticism is a lack of belief.

Well yeah, that's what makes it a cult. Not every cult is an organized religion. Organized atheism is redundant since literal Satanism already exists.

Forgot to mention that you believe in magical uncle dawkins that will remove violence from world by killing all Christians.

Pantheism >>>>>> shit >>>> atheism/organised religion.

what is wrong with you? dawkins is a dumbass only Sagan for me.

>atheism isn't relligion

Nobody should be asked to give explanations regarding their beliefs to others.
You're the owner of yourself, so you take care of it.

You don't want to believe? Good, but it is on you and not on us. You want to believe? Your faith is your responsibility.

Explain YOURSELF, pole

The archeologists already have a very good picture of how the Judeo-Christian belief system came to be and it has nothing to do with divine revelation.

As someone who once studied to enter the priesthood, I can tell you why I lost my faith. In researching the history of Catholicism, I came to the conclusion that the existence of modern monotheistic religion originates from Judaism. However prior to exodus of the Israelites, there is no real mention of the existence of a single all powerful God. There are several polytheistic religions, which exist for varied reason, mostly to explain naturally occurring events which people at the time could not explain in more logical terms. For me, the existance of God was called into question, when I considered that the Isrealites took the lands which would become known as Isreal today, by employing a brutal campaign of war against the inhabitants of those lands, in the name of God, whom they claimed gave them the lands by divine right. There are other inconsistencies in the histories of modern monotheistic religions but that would take a rather long research paper to explain. So in a nut shell, I lost my faith because I logically examined the history of monotheistic religions while studying to enter the priesthood, and found myself unable to reconcile my belief with evidence I encountered that contradicted my belief.

>Since atheism is a lack of belief atheism in itself does not have a belief.
This is such a stupid argument. Your beliefs are a set of propositions, whether positive or negative. You don't literally have a blank space in your head where an idea of God would be for religious people. You have that same belief there but with a negative sign attached to it.