Sup Forums do you care about the upcoming Danganronpa anime at all

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/k0luio
poal.me/biw4ew
poal.me/wta1yq
poal.me/359ce7
newdrsorterv3.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just hope we won't be forced to endure the despair that is only funimation subs.

I'll watch it, but I'm not terribly excited for it and I don't expect it to be good.

what happened to 2?

Is this the canon ending?

Not after shitty second game.

There were at least 2 threads today, and another 2 last week. Are you blind, dumb or both, OP?

I guess, since it's the one Yasuhiro predicts when you talk to him.

I'm skeptical. I want it to be good but at the same time I'm not expecting much.

I just want to see my beloved Mikan again.

Yeah, I care. I replayed through DR1 once more and I'm currently playing 2 just for that actually.

I just hope it's not as bad as the first anime. This was the laziest anime adaptation of all time. It just took everything it can from the game, fuck off, I want to watch a DR anime not the game playing itself on TV.

Also I'm finding DR2 somewhat disappointing. The devs changing things out for the next game is definitely a good thing, because clearly you really can't top DR1 with the exact same formula.

Also why are the DR girls such sluts? It's refreshing to see, but damn

Worst girl:
poal.me/k0luio

Best girl:
poal.me/biw4ew

Best boy:
poal.me/wta1yq

Worst boy:
poal.me/359ce7

I'm gonna try to finish up 2 before the anime airs but at the rate I'm going (which is one chapter a month) that won't happen.

Mahiru is the mastermind

>Also I'm finding DR2 somewhat disappointing. The devs changing things out for the next game is definitely a good thing, because clearly you really can't top DR1 with the exact same formula.
It's kinda hard to even talk about DR2 without spoiling everything. There is a reason why it's the way it is though and it's heavily tied to DR1.

I wish. Anything would have been better than Junko rehash.

I'm pretty excited. I just am glad we're gonna get background on how the students became ultimate despair.

newdrsorterv3.tumblr.com/

so why did alter ego save mc but not detective girl? nothing really changes between the two that would have prevented it

Fuck anime read the superior manga

It's 20% canon.

Ultimate Luck

DR1 has a better overall atmosphere and it's overall plot functioned better, but the cases were all extremely fucking easy to the point where it always felt like a chore finishing the cases before you got to the end
DR2 is a little harder and has a stronger overall cast (and better FTEs) though the plot itself that ties everything together is sorta strange/weak by comparison. Also despite the stronger overall cast it does have a couple characters in there who pretty much just act as accessories to other characters and don't do much else within the main plot, namely Peko just being there for Fuyuhiko's character development and Hiyoko just being there to enable Mikan to function as a character which was kinda weird

I think I preferred DR2 overall just because of how nutty the ride was and liking more characters from it than I did from DR1 (though in both all the best characters don't make it to the end regardless)

Bad end was all in Makoto's head. He was just weighing his options and wondering what would happen. You would know this if you watched the bad end to the very, well, end, as he snaps out of it right at the beginning of that branching path

So are the 2 chapters gonna be airing at the same time? Will there be 2 episodes to watch every week?

hiyoko a cute

Any adaptation of it would be shit, so they decided to make 3 instead. A good choice.

He hated it so much he made sure it would never happen.
Can't wait for Yasuhiro to die.

Killer Killer is shit.

why would you want the best character to die?

Yes.

Yes 2 episodes a week.

Pfft

why is best girl a computer program in both games?

Thanks. At least if it's shit it'll be over faster.

I just started playing the game yesterday, seems ok so far. Not a big fan of some of the character designs

I felt this way too when i started, but they do grow on you

In both DRs the first 30 minutes or so are the worst because it's just you being confronted with a group of characters who seem to be nothing but anime cliches. As the story starts to move it becomes less prevalent an issue though.

Reminder DR1 is objectively better than 2.

Better end game characters
Better closer out environment instead of shitty tropical island.
Non shit mini games
No retarded it was all virtual crap

Unfortunately the only good case was the 4th one. 2 had 3 good cases.

Mukuro = best girl

yus, finally someone who knows the truth

>Better end game characters
Both were pretty much the same levels of having 1-2 good ones and the rest ranging from okay to "why are you still alive" tier

>Better closer out environment instead of shitty tropical island.
I preferred the school too, yeah. DR2 had it's nice setpieces here and there (the hosptial in Case 3 being the best example of this, shame the case was sorta dumb in it's premise + was DR1 levels of easy though)

>Non shit mini games
DR1's case summaries are the worst shit in the series, even moreso than DR2's annoying "improved" hangman. Completely killed the pace and mood of every case. DR2 fixed that atleast.

>No retarded it was all virtual crap
It's on the same level of DR1's super AI program saving the day or Monokuma's very existence, honestly. If we're talking the story being retarded then you've gotta mention DR1 committing the cardinal mystery story sin of having a secret twin/lookalike sister helping the mastermind too.
As far the strength of the writing goes, as much as the ending would piss some people off DR Zero probably has a stronger written mystery (with plot elements consistent with what was established in the games) than both DR1&2 to be honest. I wish it got an OVA adaptation or something.

She needed a deus ex machina to happen in order to even justify not being shit
Sakura's better

DR1 has Based Togami and Kirigiri.

2 has literally no one besides MC

Let's discuss why Nagito is best madman

but I like Sakura too
especially in the LN you're talking about
but also Mukuro's good in other stuff, not just that

>Based Togami
He was among the worst characters in that game. Cool in concept and all but he ended up being unfunny comic relief all game.

No one? 2 has fucking Nagito, what are you talking about?

Psst pick "lie" bro

Are you retarded or seriously have no idea what "comic relief" means?

Just there for the sake of comedy. Which is all Togami was outside of Case 2.

So the first then, I see.

They're talking about the surviving characters.

Read more carefully next time.

But everyone survived. He has literally every talent and got over his self hatred, I'm sure he could put even Chiaki back together again.

DR1 had
>Makoto: Spineless MC who felt humiliating to even play as.
>Kyoko: Only competent character in the game, to the point where the story probably would've benefitted from her dying so that the other characters actually have to do shit themselves. Her surviving is fine though and she had a solid story
>Togami: Does nothing but railroad investigations into him shoving evidence in your face while doing nothing himself and attempting to obfuscate mysteries well after the point where the killer's identity is obvious to anyone not retarded.
>Yasuhiro: Comic relief character, had some funny bits here and there I guess but was ultimately pretty useless. "Is Kyoko a ghost!" trial segment was awful.
>Aoi: Dumb hot chick who was about as useless as Yasuhiro and also almost gets the entire cast killed over a poorly thought out reason.
>Toko: Despite who she actually was, she didn't actually do much all game. Probably the most interesting and memorable of DR1's survivors though.

DR2 had
>Hajime: Kinda like Makoto except not as spineless and actually did stuff by himself.
>Fuyuhiko: Started off as a bootleg Togami, ends up being a bro who assists Hajime a lot up until the final case.
>Soda: Mechanic skill was useful a couple times but otherwise he was overly antagonist for weak reasons a lot of the time. Pretty annoying to talk to after a while.
>Akane: Aoi except she doesn't try to kill anyone (just Nidai, even if unintentionally). She doesn't really do much at all really aside from help Hajime in Case 2 that one time.
>Sonia: Like Yasuhiro, she has some funny dialogue but otherwise doesn't do too much. I guess she tries to keep the group from panicking and does contribute in trials? She has the most Consent Points in trials among the cast in the entire, it's arguable how much that's worth or not though I suppose

Seems about even to me, most of the survivors in both were pretty shit compared to most of the characters who died in both games.

Yeah but who cares how "useful" a character is? It's a game, you should be figuring stuff out yourself. It all comes down to taste IMO. I like the DR2 survivors more personally

I actually agree with you on that. I've noticed that generally people here judge characters by their usefulness though.

As competent as Kyoko was I absolutely believe that DR1 would've been better if she died at some point, forcing Makoto and the others to pick up the slack.

No

Nah you can't have her die. If she died she needs a big fucking ruse cruise like 2-5 where shit goes bonkers. Who's going to do that, Togami? Pshh.

The sole existence of Nagito in DR2 makes it the better game.

Every character 'survived' in DR2 though

Being in an eternal coma is basically dead user.

They are never waking up.

Don't give up, have some hope in them

There's a slight chance that they could wake up, if the person is lucky.

Correction, there is only a very small chance of them waking up.

How though? Besides Sonia and MC the rest were unlikable shit heads.

DR2 is basically All the cool ones Died the Game.

Sonia's cool. Fuyuhiko's cool. Hajime's okay, but I prefer Makoto. Don't really love any of the DR1 survivors desu. I think DR2's dead are generally cooler as well.

Yeah, It's not impossible though, but you need to be really really lucky I guess.

>Nagito

Yeah sure him possible but everyone else will stay dead.

With the new game being all fresh characters this pretty much confirms he's dead too.

Sonia and Toko were just fun to have around. Akane and Aoi, despite being hot as hell, were both kinda boring.

Rate my shit taste in characters.

>Fuyuhiko's cool.

Yeah sure if you like wannabe tough guys who's always angry for half the game.

Peko shouldn't have died for this faggot.

Nagito AND the comatose kids will come back, but Nagito will inject the coma kids with his HOPE

Why do you hate Sayaka so much

He gets less angry as the game goes on

>Yeah sure if you like wannabe tough guys who's always angry for half the game.
I.. uh.. do. Why not, what's wrong with that? He's a good guy on the inside but he's conflicted over his Yakuza bullshit and a person he cares about dies because of it.

Backstabbing bitch, although in the end it's more that she just isn't very likeable compared to most of the cast.

>backstabbing bitch
Let me just read your top 3 back to you
>Nagito
the ruse king, kills himself just to try to kill almost everyone else
>Kyoko
throws Makoto to the wolves in 1-5, perfectly okay with him dying, if you get the bad end she's so salty that she doesn't tell you the new information she learned about the mastermind before she dies
>Mukuro
throws you in a killing game, helped cause the apocalypse

Yes, looking forward to despair.

Future Arc will suck and Despair Prequel will be a disappointment.

GIVE US INFO ON THE NEW GAME!!!

NOW!!!

There was a female AI in the first game? Why was she cut from the anime?

How about you read the full post.

>it's more that she just isn't very likeable

Which is certainly not true for my top 3.

Fine fine, taste is taste. Far be it from me to think a psycho Idol girl is pretty likable.

Pretty good.

Mecha Naegi is Raiden from Metal Gear

>watching otaku pandering trash

Play a superior non milked series faggots

I don't know who half those characters are.

A handful are from DR Zero. If you actually mean half then I guess you haven't played the 2nd game.

Pretty sure there's a big overlap in the two fanbases.
Also, I guess I should just watch some playthrough of VLR on youtube if I don't wanna wait to play ZTD. I really wish they'd bring it some other non-handheld platform.

999 is apparantly getting a Steam release so it's only a matter of time until VLR follows, I think.

Just a release date and a quick localization would be fine, I don't want them to reveal too much.

How the fuck did you play Danganronpa with no Vita then?

You realize DR2 has been on steam for a couple of months now, right?

Oh they finally did that shit?

No wonder why I've been seeing these threads often here and not dying for the first 30 posts

Try visiting DR threads on Sup Forums

>No retarded it was all virtual crap

Why is this trope considered a flaw for the game? It set up the game for the sequel anime and was an interesting ploy to pit the cast in the school killing scenario given who they really are.

Is alter ego not in the anime?

Alter Ego's just Chihiro's head, and Chihiro's a boy