Damn...so I'm in my mid thirties. I actually watched a lot of anime throughout high school. I love old 80s 90s shit...

damn...so I'm in my mid thirties. I actually watched a lot of anime throughout high school. I love old 80s 90s shit. I never read any manga until recently.

I read nausicaa...loved it.
read maison ikkoku...loved it.
started reading here is greenwood because I loved the show. one of my faves from nostalgia...but it's called "shojo" which means having a demographic aimed at young women? is that right?

I lol'd....but at the same time I'm wondering how many of you guys read "shojo." is this term idiotic? apologize in advance for any protocol i'm not following here. /lit/ is my usual stomping grounds.

Lurk more.

You ought to be disgusted with yourself for enjoying something aimed at teenage girls. Don't do it again.

Lots of guys read shoujo. If you ever see a guy reading a shoujo manga or watching a shoujo anime it would likely be one of those titles that stand out above most.

There's shoujo series that are very stereotypically feminine (Sailor Moon) and shounen that's very guyish (Dragon Ball), but most are closer to the middle regardless of their demographic. Maison Ikkoku's about as unisex a series as I could imagine.

You should watch some more modern stuff too,, there's plenty of good shows past the 80s and 90s.

cool. thanks. I know I'm reading it and enjoying it. and I feel like I'm at an age where I just don't care what others think as long as I'm not physically hurting anyone else.

it just caught me off guard since I'm not into anime/manga culture. I enjoy it...like I said. especially shit I grew up on when I was living in s. korea and lurking in comic book stores that sold anime when I moved back here in the mid 90s. anyways...I thought that was funny. I imagine there are some awful memes you guys are probably tired of on this forum.

>recommend me stuff.
Literally a bannable post. Do yourself a favor and read the board rules, plus lurk more before posting.

is where you ask for recommendations.

There's also an ongoing shoujo thread as of writing.

>ellipses
wow...
so this... is the power...
... of autism...

annoyed that I deleted my post because of your post. you are literally wrong about it breaking any forum rules.

thanks.

You should be more mindful of posting style, coming from /lit/ of all places.

what's more autistic? ellipses or out of everything that was posted that is what you focused on. seriously think about the irony in your post. it's either stupid or deviously brilliant.

Fuck off, newfag.

Why did you send him to that thread? We don't want him.

language is a tool to communicate ideas. let me know if you can't understand and i'll try my best to accommodate you.

35 years old here. you are...a fucking faggot.
Sorry for the rudeness, but I'm not used to hit my stomping grounds and catch turds big and wet as you. now feel free to fuck off back on your graveyard board.
sage

Sorry. I'll watch out for ellipses, small caps and liberal spacing in that thread and be the one to call him out for those.

holy shit angry shriveled little dicks on this board. alright I'm out. one last fuck you bump before I go though.

some folks seem nice. what's better? discussing anime or making sure the board conforms to some teenage angsty standard or else people lose their shit like you?

>liberal spacing
Jesus Christ almighty get that sucka outta her or i'm gonna hit his shit fucking goddamn dick face with a Christ of a godbitch fucking brick smeared of fucking dog shit and smash the fuck of his cocksuck bitch mouth

I admit most shoujo never floated my boat during the '80s and '90s, but Greenwood and Kodocha are some of my favorites of that time period even today.

Get the fuck out fucking dick monkey your stink of shit and cum Aids crusts is haunting the fucking board, we don't want this place to become an intelligence-threathening sewer filled with barricades of dry diarrhea like that cesspool you slithered out on your slimy whore anus

>beine mid-thirties
>watching cartoons
and i thought i was a loser LMAO i'll probably will be suicided by your age

to be fair there were more ellipses in your short post than in the longer post you were replying to

You're still a complete loser, don't get any illusions of grandeur

>any protocol i'm not following here.
Using capital letters and non-idiotic punctuation is a good start.

>is this term idiotic?
It sort of is. Shojo, shonen etc. refer to the target demographics of the magazines manga are published in.

Manga targeted to the same audience tend to be similar, this is why, for example, people here often use seinen as a synonym for "mature story usually involving violence and sex" (see Berserk), but really, you can't say anything about a manga just by knowing its demographic label: K-On, another seinen, is about cute girls doing cute things, as far from a story like Berserk as it gets.

Nice blogpost

Nice bump

Why is Kyoko such a best?