ITT: We discuss berserk

ITT: We discuss berserk.

Q: Which studio would you like to animate all of berserk.

A: MADHOUSE for sure.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5kL47t4Mz-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gohands

Can you just Imagine how beautiful and based Griffith would look?

Ufotable
That pregnant explosion in GE made it my favourite studio

Either madhouse or ufotable would be great.

But Trigger could make crazy scenes with weird angles and it would look great if they had the budget.

>I want a ghost town to animate Berserk
Okay

>Madhouse
Unless Kawajiri came out of hiding, I can't think of anyone they have left who'd do a good job of it.

Literally Madhouse, it's the only studio that doesn't want to pander to wider audiences, so they would show gore and nudism.
Also good traditional animation and good music.

Brains Base

I sincerely would not mind if it looked exactly like the 90s series. I liked those watercolor backgrounds.

I liked them.

>Q: Which studio would you like to animate all of berserk.
Shaft, if not then Kyoani.

The best thing wouldn't be a full adaptation of Berserk, it will never be as good as the manga, it's useless.

A high budget entirely 2D movie creating an original arc during the black swordsman period with a new apostle with awesome animation would be the best thing.

>it's the only studio that doesn't want to pander to wider audiences

This. Their remaining active talents are probably just Ishizuka and Asaka, neither of whom fit Berserk. People need to stop thinking of studios as some monolithic, unchanging entities.

>Badhouse
>good
Just look at their new show next season. It looks disgusting.
youtube.com/watch?v=5kL47t4Mz-4

They haven't made anything good in years.

kyoani berserk is something i didnt know i needed

Studio Deen, no contest

Have you been living under a rock? 2010 was 6 years ago.

Madhouse is a good choice but I honestly wouldn't mind Studio 4C getting another go at it.
The CG was bad true but the hand drawn bits where fantastic.

I didn't even know they were doing anything for the rest of the year

>trigger makes a berserk anime
no thank you i don't want a powerpoint anime

MAPPA

>if they had the budget

They are pretty good at animation when there's enough money.

that looks amazing fuck you

IG.
They've done a lot of nice war scenes in Mushashi, Basara, Etc. Also, they've never messed up with source material.
And old madhouse is pretty much gone too.

go fuck yourself with your budget bullshit. Animators make a show, not money. Sure money can allow you to afford better animators, but if it is all in studio, all the money in the world wont make your animators better.

Actually, yeah, thinking more about it, I think Bones or IG would be my choice.

Which arc would they adapt?

who made Sidonia no Kishi?

Polygon Pictures

The current one.

You realize animators are paid by frame, right?

I like how they do CGI

yes, but not all animators are paid the same.

I just want to see griffith dead!!!

Artland

Thanks for giving me another show to pick up for summer, user.

>wanting literal filler
No thanks, that shit's boring.

how the mighty have fallen

WIT studio.

OR TRIGGER

Kyoani pls

>WIT
They can't do scheduling for shit.
They need to learn more from its parent studio.

do you think they could really do the brutality of berserk justice when half their shows are filled with marshmellow girls?

Kabaneri had decent scheduling, the last episode looked pretty good.

Trigger makes dynamic, superb animation.
Though they yet to make a anime with more serious/realistic content like Berserk.
It would be pretty interesting for sure.

>memehouse
Kek

>people saying kyoani or trigger
they put out good programming, guys, but come on. i vote production IG

Disney

Would be better than giving the franchise to a hobo studio nobody ever heard about.

If David got to come out of the Jojo dungeons then sure.

>people still think madhouse is just as good as it was before

Kawajiri is still active as a storyboard artist at Madhouse, though his output has been mediocre lately.

They are paid per cut, it's the inbetweeners that get paid per drawing.

I'm trying to think of a studio that could animate this panel besides Madhouse - and I keep drawing blanks.

Would you rather let wit or other meme studio adapt it then?

No
Berserk should stay a manga
The 1999 adaptation was good enough
We don't have to give everything you like an adaptation.

>Kabaneri had decent scheduling
I don't think you've noticed the sheer amount of staff per episode, not to mention the quality of shading has dropped.

>Madhouse
>animate
Can't imagine them doing it either.

I dont want a fucking anime i just want Miura to finish before he dies or i die

First episode:Black Swordsman arc
Second episode: Guts is captured by Farnese and meets Isidro
Episodes 3-16: flashbacks of the Golden Age
Episode 17-19: OC
Episodes 20-24: Conviction arc, but only Guts POV chapters

You know this is how it will go down.

Not even slightly, now fuck off back to where you cam from you degenerate crossboarding subhuman.

I never actually read or watched Berserk until one day when I decided to watch the movie from 2012 since it was on netflix (Golden Age Part 1)
I know I'm a filthy casual
Knew absolutely nothing about the story
Watched the movie
Enjoyed it somewhat
Last night I decided to read the manga
about 9 vols in now
Because I started with that movie I didn't know about Griffith being a Godhand going in
I kind of liked it better that way
Why did the author introduce that Griffith was a demon before showing that arc?
It's didn't feel entirely necessary

Nickelodeon Animation Studios DR Movie JM Animation MOI Animation Titmouse the creaters of Avatar the Last Airbender

>avatar for ants

That's my fav studio too bro

KyoAni because all the blood,death and rape is actually quite a lot of moe in Berserk.

I just think that everything after the golden age arc is just as good if not better than it and think it should be animated as well. There are certain things that I would love to see fully animated.

OP here, his comment was totally on topic, all I said was, ITT we discuss berserk, then I posed a question to get the discussion going, nothing more.

In an ideal world it would be production IG with boatloads of time to get everything right. Maybe it could be fortnightly, I wouldn't mind it running for ages as long as the quality didn't deteriorate.

This.

>Berserk will never end
>its designed to go on forever
>Your ball will be forever blue
mmmmmm... feels so good

How the hell do you guys know the active staff of animation studios?

In the same way that people who are really into music know all the names of their favorite bands. They are nerds, its what they are into.

band member's names. Sorry I'm sleepy

But where do they get that information?

the studio's websites or twitter. Keeping track of the credits of the anime they watch, inside industry reports. There are many ways.

As someone who's been reading this series for a while now, how come nothing in manga or anime has topped the eclipse? It's still the most climactic moment I've ever witnessed in manga/anime?

>how come nothing has topped ______
Fuck off.

name another moment in manga/anime that comes close to it in being as well executed and climactic. I'm legitimately curious.

KyoAni.

T

It would have to be bones or IG.

Hey guys how do you suppose they will go back to mainland after they finish thing on the island?
:^)

you for real?

time for boat part 2

They'll fly. Either by some mythical flying beastie, or their Loli will learn how or aquire a means to do so.

Or, as you might be implying, another boat ride

Gainax in 1995

with the budget of the U.S. navy

b-but I don't want guts to pilot a robot suit and cry about how much it hurts.

>Anime is dead
>One last series is to be made
>Gainax does berserk with an unlimited budget
I want this, I could even handle no more anime just for one cour

Not him, but Instrumentality seems pretty obvious.

Actually, Guts would be the perfect character for Gainax.

>Show begins with Guts fapping to Griffith in a coma
I can get behind this

yeah, I have to say that the end of the end of eva was possibly one of the most awe inspiring moments for me to the point where I didn't know what to do with myself after I watched it.

The eclipse (I have only seen the manga version) certainly made me feel many things, that also made me feel like I didn't know what to do with myself except to keep reading, but somehow it felt expected. Griffith had already been revealed in the black swordsman arc to be Femto and they have already shown guts post eclipse, so I knew that at least he was going to survive it and continue onwards, even if he wont be the same person afterwards.

The end of eva was, as you might not believe, the end of its story, where the eclipse was only the end of an arc, making it feel less significant, despite how horrid it really is. Maybe that is why all berserk related anime have all stopped after the eclipse? to make it feel like a much grander event than it really was. To me the truly grand event in berserk is when [Spoiler} Griffith becomes reborn and merges the two worlds together[/Spoiler]

Toei Animation!

>To me the truly grand event in berserk is when [Spoiler] Griffith becomes reborn and merges the two worlds together[/Spoiler]
I agree. While the eclipse was dark and weird it had nothing on that. Joining 2 worlds that shouldnt be joined and humanity's new sanctuary being unveiled was amazing. The whole series had been leading up to Griffiths kingdom and its finally there.

desu, knowing it beforehand with the blackswordsman arc (for me at least) made it even better. Throughout the golden age you're always at the edge of you're seat wondering when it will finally go to shit for Guts, and when it does it all feels to pieces spectacularly. Also I don't think the Godhand's appearance would have been as epic if it was their first onscreen appearance, something about it being their second one makes them feel more untouchable.

oh dude, I am 100% with you, I fucking loved every second of berserk otherwise I would have dropped it, I don't read shit I don't like, especially something as long as berserk. I am only saying why the eclipse is number 2 to instrumentality in terms of how it made ME feel. I have a fucking brand of sacrifice on my neck dude.

>I have a fucking brand of sacrifice on my neck dude.
demo?

no, I'm not demo

damn, I'm sorry I questioned you user.

damn right negro, nah I'm fucking with you, I'm lowkey as fuck. don't stress it senpai.