Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1581

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kana.icann.se/
easyjapanese.org/kanaquiz.html
easyjapanese.org/kataquiz.html
kongregate.com/games/akuradani/kana-drill
unckel.de/kanateacher/index-en.html
strawpoll.me/10540891
youtu.be/WTk9ouhxbl8?t=21
kotobank.jp/word/父母の恩は山よりも高く海よりも深し-620214
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

できた!

>so used to beginning every sentence with a capital
>if i'm typing jap using google japanese input the shift key switches it to english for some reason, even though the little symbol in the corner is still あ

how do i fix this?

Stop hitting shift when typing japanese

>tfw don't go in DJT anymore
>on Sup Forums though
>see the OP image changes all the time these past few months
Is there a new person doing it now?

>N1 grammar practice test at the end of shin kanzen master
>the "correct" answer to one of the questions makes a passage literally contradict itself

Now we get to race to be the first to post our homebrew epic images just like a general should be (-;

This one is awful.

I fucking can't dude

I thought it was cute. I want that "Don't think feel..." t-shirt.

this is fucking bullshit. It was working fine for days and even earlier today until some jew dev fucked it up just now. Not even when I go to bare IE with no add on's does this shit disappear.

Now I will forget everything

There is nothing worse than a passive aggressive sperg, user.

Using Internet Explorer under any circumstances is bad from a technical, practical, ethical and moral point of view.

>Now I will forget everything
Beginner-kun, just go find another site. There's no need to cry. Several places on the web can be found for learning kana.

No shit, my point was even when using a browser with no add on's this message is still there.

One of my N3 reading questions had all answers completely wrong and I was supposed to choose the less wrong one. Actually, the entire test was weird. I felt like I had to adapt my thinking to a bot that was only able to answer based on mockup tests and not by reading what was written in there. Truly dekinai. I do understand better why some 'translators' with N2 and N1 are terrible at it though.

>falling for the kana meme

Is Narou difficult to read in terms of grammar?

The JIBUN WO pic is classic.

>falling for the shitpost meme

Part of
>under any circumstances
Do you not understand?
Anyway, even someone as dense as yourself does not need to use the realkana website to learn fucking kana.

jamal post long enough and eventually youll forget theres a shift key on your keyboard

皆って日本語を話すことができるのか

自分をー

I don't know senpai, he sounds pretty dense.

Here, have a replacement for realkana

Some of the ads intentionally imitate realkana's UI

time to stop recommending realkana lol

Based.

I know them is the point, I'm using realkana to test myself quickly.

That's fucking stupid, hah.

Just read something instead

I guess you could buy the app for $3 if you really wanted to. Maybe that was their plan all along

one of the people here could probably make a realkana replacement in 5 minutes

>I know them
then you don't need a drill
>but I want to test myself
they you read japanese

Those 5 minutes could have been spent on 60 cards.

Yeah I don't know about the real test but most of the mockup test stuff seems to basically be about memorizing certain rules they have and choosing the answer that follows those rules, even if in real language the structure might be used more fluidly,or if the usage sounds awkward with that structure.

This is the problem I had btw. You're supposed to fill in the blank with その達成のためには

And then two sentences later they say hey wait actually sometimes you get blessed with good fortunate without having to do shit!

>the "correct" answer to one of the questions makes a passage literally contradict itself
Did you verify this with a well-educated, native speaker of japanese?

yep i vote realkana gets pulled from the guide, owner went full kikemode

This doesn't seem that hard to comprehend. People write like this all the time in any language.

>話すことができるのか
Speech recognition software or something?
Vocaroo thread?

Test yourself by reading Japanese. Pretty much every introductory grammar book/guide includes a lot of example sentences.

Seems like a waste of effort when other sites already exist for that. The top results for "online Japanese kana drill" in Google, for me, is as follows:
kagan.mactane.org/software/kana-drill.html
kana.icann.se/
easyjapanese.org/kanaquiz.html
easyjapanese.org/kataquiz.html
kongregate.com/games/akuradani/kana-drill
unckel.de/kanateacher/index-en.html

There are probably hundreds of realkana type alternatives.

>In order to achieve your goals, you must put in a lot of work and make plans and shit. And even then sometimes you fail. But, it is true that sometimes you get what you want even without work.

I mean yeah it makes sense grammatically (and the other answers didn't) but it's definitely middle school tier writing.

>but it's definitely middle school tier writing.
Good thing that's not the point then, fuckhead. They probably made the question that way intentionally. You're being tested on what's grammatically correct, not on proper style.

Negroid, your first post you didn't cap anything. How hard is it to think, "Oh, I switched to 日本語, maybe I shouldn't use shift"?

>tier writing
Go back to lit, you fucking idiot. Prosaic text is the basis of written communication, and it is obvious that the text in question was not a piece of poetry or other related creative writing.

It's not about style it's about logical coherence.

But yeah, maybe they did do that on purpose. But it's still stupid and means it isn't testing on meaningful things if it requires you to choose between two wrong things, just based on the way they are wrong.

>fuckhead.
why so angry?

>unckel.de/kanateacher/index-en.html

This one looks like the best of the ones you linked. Should I replace RealKana with it in the guide?

ugu user chan please stop sugokute kimochiii

>Should I replace RealKana with it in the guide?
I suppose? I don't know, do a strawpoll or something if you want the opinions of other anons. I don't really care either way so my opinion probably isn't ideal.

Because you keep thinking it's stupid
It was done on purpose.

I'm glad you personally know the test makers user.

>middleschool tier writing
i.e. any native speaker can understand it, even a moron, so long as their brain works remotely properly

it's
literally
100%
completely
intentional

how hard is it to understand

>But it's still stupid
It isn't.
>and means it isn't testing on meaningful things
It is designed to test structural understand. It doesn't need unnecessary flourishes. That isn't the point of the text.

Could you be any more fucking autistic?

>But it's still stupid and means it isn't testing on meaningful things
The other three answers were grammatically incorrect. That one wasn't. The passage you posted wasn't as bad as you made it out to be.

You're wrong.

>simpsons

Western Cartoon, does not belong here, you ruined my day by including it in your image!

>Could you be any more fucking autistic?
I'm pretty sure you're the one sperging out here.

Well, you and like 2 other people apparently. I'm guessing you passed your N1 with 100/180 and desperately want to defend it.

strawpoll.me/10540891
KanaTeacher: unckel.de/kanateacher/index-en.html

Sorry user.

Thank ya kindly. Now I want that shirt too.

are u kiddin me

There's nothing wrong with anything in moderation user

歌の歌詞は、言葉を知っても本当に分かりにくいです。

OP with King of the Hill when? They also had a Japan episode.

>It was working fine for days

>taking longer than a day to learn kana

おえういあ
しつろれわらり
  そんちさせ
    てと
   オエウイア
シツロレワラリ
  ソンチサセ
    てと

Don't underestimate summerfags.

What is it about spergs that the think they know better than everyone else yet are the last to accept reason which contradicts their position? I used to work with a guy like this and it was painful to watch when it got worked up over something entirely retarded, you could almost hear his brain jumping onto the rails without any means of deviation. It is like they zoom right into some pointless detail and lose sight over the overall picture and relevance.

This train clearly isn't changing tracks without a completely messy derail.

Brace for impact, user.
youtu.be/WTk9ouhxbl8?t=21

>ソンチサセ
>    てと
用ふc家dうp
   オエウイア
シツロレワラリ
  ソンチサセ
    テト

The kana ARE featural!

Dude if you think I was the one sperging you have no idea what sperging means.

I've been calm throughout this whole thing. The other side, on the other hand, has gotten quite angry as if they have some personal attachment to the question, and quickly jumped to insults.

You making a passive aggressive statement not directed at anyone trying to show how enlightened you are doesn't make you sound any more mature.

>Dude if you think I was the one sperging you have no idea what sperging means.

okay?

>he responded
Confirmed sperg.

I seriously can't even tell what point you're trying to make with the image t b h

If you're gonna shit the thread up might as well do it in Japanese

Usage of Existential Comics croppings is a scientifically proven 100% accurate sperg detector. Anyone who responds negatively to a quotation of their own posted against an Existential Comics cropping is a confirmed sperg.

Interesting, so the fact that it doesn't make sense is part of the test. How ironic, given the context of the argument.

;_;

Nobody here knows Japanese

だろう?

What did /djt/ eat last?

日本語わかりありません

Took me about 2 weeks to get it under lock and key.

If you're gonna complain about people shitting up the thread in English you might as well do it in Japanese

にほんごでおk

米青氵夜

海よりも高く山よりも深い訳がない
taller than the ocean and deeper than the mountains, there is no way

why the hell do i suck so much at japanese? what the fuck is this even supposed to mean?

ケーキは食べました

Maybe you just suck at English.

because half the time i don't think when i type, that's what a shitpost is all about. And my pinky finger works independently of my brain, it's like 50/50 it hits shift or not, and in the middle of all my gook typing it will just suddenly start being english and it's jarring.

>shitposts
>gook
Glad you can't shitpost in Japanese

It's supposed to be the other way around.

kotobank.jp/word/父母の恩は山よりも高く海よりも深し-620214

Sounds like an expression to describe the immensity of a specific task.

Def sounds the otherway around. Ocean being deeper and mountain being taller. Unless it's trying to be some deep shit with it being switched.

is it because he's scared shitless or something then?

perhaps by saying it wrong he was expecting to be 突っ込まれた and lighten the mood

hence the 目が笑ってない and the apology

Can any of you translate this?

love, death, the pleasure of being cummed inside

try the daily chinese thread

Ai Death You
Ancient chinese proverb meaning "You're fucking dead, kiddo"

Some things aren't written to be straightforward, easy to understand or even correct.

Have you tried using your head before coming here to be spoon fed?

Have some confidence ffs.

君のサンドイッチ