Sora no Woto is a thinking man's anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=prA_-NQ8W58
youtube.com/watch?v=aQzRxGuBn0k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The character designs looked atrocious

It actually is, unironically.

Plebs who care about "muh plot muh setting" will never understand the beauty of this show.

I want Katana to pee on me, is that wrong?

swords can't pee

There was nothing wrong with them

Sora no Woto is the thinking man's Haibane Renmei.

We who only watch shows for gags, hijinks, cute girls, fanservice, and urine are the truly enlightened. Try-hard grimdarkfags will never understand.

>moeshit
>piss episode
>no plot
>thinking man anything

(you)

the piss episode was unneccesary

this piss episode was the best episode

That really steams my beans, user.

YOUR FACE IS UNNECESSARY

>tfw no good doujins

It can't be helped, Sup Forums is pretty much the only place that cares about this show

You say that like it's a bad thing.

What did she mean by this?

It was the best of shows, and it was the worst of shows, depending on how hard it was trying to sell moe merch.

She wants a lovely wife.

Why did they give her that look?

They're not fags.

I'm a thinking man. I'm thinking right now about how much of a faggot OP is.

Been a while since I rewatched but did Felicia actually say that to Aisha?

>You'll never marry Noel
What would marriage with her be like?

She said it to make sure she wasn't pretending not to understand them.

>speak japanese
>writes in french
But why

It did K-On's art style way better than K-on.

Someone post the speculah

ded wotos

The characters are always speaking French. The script is just in Japanese for the convenience of the audience.

Not that I disliked the designs, but they've got nothing on Horiguchi

Sora no Woto is a drinking man's anime.

The very definition of a forced circlejerk

Last one

Reminder that Noel is a war criminal

This sure came out of nowhere.

The endgame was pretty bad, the villain was boring and the pacing wasn't that great, still, a very great anime in terms of atmosphere and setting.

>He didn't get the plot
Yes, we know you are not a thinking man. Maybe you'd have something more of your level, like Dragon Ball Universe, now that Naruto is over?

Cool guy

I'm saving it this time

Hello SnW bro's, anyone else still here from the original threads when this was airing? I gotta say I love this show for the atmosphere and setting and it has really stayed with me in the back of my mind ever since I first saw it. It really resonated with me and the way I see the (real) world evolving.

The kind of world that Sora no Woto shows might actually be a realistic vision for the future. Think about it, today we're moving towards ever greater globalization and intermingling of cultures and races. However, this is only possible in a world of rising wealth thanks to industrial prowess powered by the vast excess net-energy provided by fossil fuels.

As we slowly but inevitably hit the limits to growth, the world will move back towards local life and culture, a lower sustainable population that's around 1 billion people, we might even lose knowledge and access to some (high tech) technologies, etc. Of course this will surely not go over smoothly and peacefully. As dominant powers fight for survival and to preserve their part of an ever shrinking pie of wealth it's not unthinkable that we will see large scale devastation by world-wars and potentially even nuclear exchanges.

I see the world of Sora no Woto taking place after a scenario like this. Honestly even though the future might seem bleak, Sora no Woto makes me think that it might not be that bad. This show gives me hope that people can always adapt and that the potential for happiness keeps existing if you meet your challenges with the right attitude.

The ending and the villain were just thrown in to give the show some sort of ending though, it's not as if it was central to the show.

This.

Visited Cuenca this summer and did some location hunting. Feels good man.

Speaking as someone who likes Sora no Woto a lot, this is a really, really stupid post.

Where did all these edgy faggots who like edgy dumb shit like OPM or grimdark shits come from?
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOARD

It's good that you had to clarify that you, in fact, like SnW.

So you guys have all actually bought a physical copy of this, right?

I'm planning to, actually.

>thinking mans anime

Kureha sure makes my dick think.

They've always been here.
Oh, certainly, it doesn't change the fact that it was done very poorly.

This is the first time I've seen someone call OPM edgy.

All the BDs.
It would be nice if I had the booklet in english, but it can't be helped.

Does the VN ever get good?

I don't know. Just downloaded it and I'm kind of disappointed by the fact it's obviously made just for gay fanservice. Kanata seems worst off-character. Here's hoping.

No.

>Sup Forums
>Thinking

Choose one.

IT'S HAPPENING

SnW is a pissing man's anime.

And because she likes large breasts.

Go back to drinking gweenfee

>It actually is, unironically.
Yep.
>Plebs who care about "muh plot muh setting" will never understand the beauty of this show.
Wait, what? The setting was the best part. Am I misunderstanding you, or something?

>speculation threads
Ah, good times.

Yeah, the payoff was weak, but it's still good as a whole. The only thing that really bothers me is that the production team totally squandered Mel Kishida's designs. I don't know how you would translate his stuff faithfully into animation, but still.

>anyone else still here from the original threads when this was airing?
What's up? I didn't participate in much speculation, but it was great fun to read.

SnW was a pretty bittersweet show, but had some messages that really resonated with me. God tier atmosphere, too. If you guys have never watched this, do yourself a favor and at least listen to the OST:
youtube.com/watch?v=prA_-NQ8W58

Shoutout to that transcriber tripfriend who transcribed the Amazing Grace composition used in the show and made a midi-file for us before the OST was released. I still have that midi-file.

Also gonna post this as usual:
youtube.com/watch?v=aQzRxGuBn0k

I hope this thread doesn't turn into /depressiongeneral/ like a lot of SnW threads lately.

I wish you the best of luck in life anons, but blogging is a red flag on Sup Forums.

Speaking of a thinking man's anime, the last episode of Keit-ai has been released.

youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Is Sup Forums finally free of Keit-ai?

Sora no Woto is overrated on Sup Forums, but under-appreciated everywhere else.

>>no plot

More like you have no brain.

GIRLS BE AMBITIOUS!

I only left SnW feeling hopeful. It was a dead world, but people lived on. That's inspirational.

I wouldn't really say it's a depressing anime. Aside from the fact that there's no S2.

This, though, I found to be sad. Like the song is trying too hard to be happy.
I wonder if that was intentional?

Woto threads are the best.

>We're not supposed to drink until we're 20
But isn't SnW set in Spain?

No, see .

>I wouldn't really say it's a depressing anime.
Yeah, it's not, I always felt that it's kind of "Sunshine always come after a storm".

What I meant is that the threads often take a depressing turn when an user comes and posts something like "SnW aired x years ago, what have you acomplished during this time" and then depressing blogposts follow.

>SnW aired 6.5 years ago

Huh, I dunno why I thought that, then.
>Seiya is a fag
Ha.

>What I meant is that the threads often take a depressing turn when an user comes and posts something like "SnW aired x years ago, what have you acomplished during this time" and then depressing blogposts follow.
Oh, I don't remember seeing that before. Is this recent? I've been away for a while. The depressing stuff I usually read about was people being nostalgic for the old threads when SnW was airing.

Don't say that.

thank you

>Huh, I dunno why I thought that, then.
'cos the city it's bases upon is in Spain. But Cuenca, Spain =! Seize, Helvetia

>Is this recent?
Kind of. Pretty sure I've seen such threads in 2015 and I would even link to show you what I exactly mean, but desustorage is down.

Once there was even an user who replied to every fucking one of these posts with advice or some words of encouragement. I didn't really know got to feel about it.

>what have you acomplished during this time
Grown a 6 years old daughter that is a SnW fan

I don't think this show is really appropriate for small children.

>Grown
*Raised
Sorry, ESL

I bet you don't

Blogposting is blogposting, just report it next time as I did to every single one of those posts.

I'll agree with that, the whole sequence felt out of place. jarring with the rest of the show and such

C U E N C A
U
E
N
C
A